Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tartan Lounge has arrived

+30
saxonsiren
Twirlie
IAmFullOfWonder
gingercodgers
Littlebear
1superken
CaledonianCraig
MissingLilia
ChrissyAnne
Poppetlovestango
Maya53
Doll16
Lucielle
salsarae
MrsArcanum
Al
vonee21
hatlady28
dancingsunshinequeen
B4p
kate
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklysheila
tanolatino
lualen
Papillion1970
hellcatinheels
Inanna
Sadiesamba
allsewnonbyhand
34 posters

Page 3 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Tartan Lounge has arrived - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tartan Lounge has arrived

Post  B4p Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:59 pm

I can think of a few celebs who might fit into the zombie category quite nicely.

I was looking for some training VT on the other site but can't find any. Just hopeless 'exclusive backstage' photo's that look like the camera's been shone through the bottom of a beer glass. I was hoping they would show weekly training clips but no such luck.

I'm not that mad about the VW, (once round the block, turn and come back again). I know it's more technical than that but I prefer the latin. I guess the paso will be vamped up Buffy fights the vampire style.

I think a Halloween thread may be called for?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  dancingsunshinequeen Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:01 pm

kate wrote:Hello. Is anyone around?

I've been to the dentist this afternoon, so I'll have something warm with a straw please Housewives choice.

Any thoughts on the performances to look forward to / dread for this Saturday?
Ssscott's Viennese Waltz should be a good one, though he does seem to have done mostly ballroom so far. Pamela's Jive looked good in the training footage. Where does she get the energy? I want what she's having!

Hi there Kate..hope your feeling ok, after the dentist appointment today hun.

Strange you shold mention that Blimey how many people turned this gig down then ? & Natalie seem to have mainly danced ballroom routines, I was thinking the same after last weekends show, & surprised when they performed the Tango instead of the Charleston...but hey waht a terrifci dancer he is with Natalie...they are in my top 5, along with

Pamela & James...that girl sure can dance an almost perfect routine week after week Like a Star @ heaven

Matt & Aliona...I so look forward to seeing them dance & he never dissapoints...brilliant couple Like a Star @ heaven

Kara & Artem..fab-u-lous dar-ling... Laughing didn't get why the judges thought she should have given it more 'welly', she seemed to give it everything IMO of course..love them I love you

Jimi & I want to break free...little dissapointed with Jimi on Saturday, but I'm not sure why..puzzled Question

I know everyone tends to see sex on legs & Housewives choice as the comedy dancers, whcih they seem to revel in, but hey they are terrific & I admire her sense of 'give it a go', she certainly can't be accused of not trying...brilliant Like a Star @ heaven so long as they don't stand in the way of the truly talented celebs, then it's a lot of fun to see them together.

Has Housewives choice been jeeping the lof fire burning bright, on these chilly nights & of course the cocktails should be flowing freely for everyone...cheers my pals in here cheers flower
dancingsunshinequeen
dancingsunshinequeen

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Hi DSQ! Nice to see you here. I've recovered from my dentist visit now and just had my dinner. A nice sloshy spag bol - that's better. I'll have a cappucchino to follow please Housewives choice.

I'm seeing a four-couple race at the moment (S.cott, Matt, Pamela, Kara), but still hoping Jimi can break away from the 'pack' and start chasing down the leaders. To me it looks like he has some issues with his posture and upper body movement in the Latin, although his posture looked good in his Foxtrot. Hopefully Flav!a will manage to sort it out soon, because he could be a contender.

B4p - you make the Viennese Waltz sound like a Grand Prix, but without the pit-stops! Perhaps a Murray Walker pants-on-fire commentary would make it more exciting. Good idea about a Halloween Show thread. It looks like they post the Rehearsal Footage on the beeb site on Fridays - a bit late!

Last edited by kate on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  dancingsunshinequeen Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 pm

B4p wrote:I can think of a few celebs who might fit into the zombie category quite nicely.

I was looking for some training VT on the other site but can't find any. Just hopeless 'exclusive backstage' photo's that look like the camera's been shone through the bottom of a beer glass. I was hoping they would show weekly training clips but no such luck.

I'm not that mad about the VW, (once round the block, turn and come back again). I know it's more technical than that but I prefer the latin. I guess the paso will be vamped up Buffy fights the vampire style.

I think a Halloween thread may be called for?

Hi B4p..a Halloween theme...YE!!! The Tartan Lounge has arrived - Page 3 MG_39 you going out trick or treating on Saturday night...not me No Laughing

shame you have missed some of the training footage, nothing on youtube maybe? I guess the beebs website only updates a couple of dancers each week, they're not on the ball so much this year me thinks Sad
dancingsunshinequeen
dancingsunshinequeen

Back to top Go down

Post  dancingsunshinequeen Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi Kate...lovely to be back again, finding time to say hello to each & everyone of you super guys, who have joined us all in here, is proving a tad difficult atm...just so much going on in my life right now Smile

I agree with your synopsis, the 4 horse race...lol, matches my feelings exactly...but having been an avid fan of I want to break free's for as long as she has been dancing on the show, I'm so happy to see her with a promising partner this series, after the joke of last year...I loved her & Matt partnering each other in series 5 The Tartan Lounge has arrived - Page 3 Give_rose

Have you changed your forum name from last year Kate, or maybe you are new this year? Either way, lovely to see you posting here in our lounge & meeting up with new & maybe some previous friends as well.
dancingsunshinequeen
dancingsunshinequeen

Back to top Go down

Post  dancingsunshinequeen Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:27 pm

sorry guys, gotta head off again...early call in the morning...have fun..love DSQ xx Sleep
dancingsunshinequeen
dancingsunshinequeen

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:32 pm

Hi DSQ - thanks for the suggestion of youtube. I hadn't thought of that for training clips. The trouble is, once I get on youtube, I'm lost for hours down memory lane (which suddenly turns into spaghetti junction). I go off on a tangent and forget what I was looking for.

Not officially trick or treating. I'll be playing taxi driver to she-who-cannot-drive who is going to a Halloween fancy dress knees up party with other zombie minded teenagers. Mind you, I could put a mask on whilst I'm driving too and fro. Question is - would anybody notice? Evil or Very Mad

Not sure what team Widd-i-beckham will be dressed as, particularly as A nn has very strong religious views.

I too hope Ji mi can keep his spirits (pardon the pun) up. He's got so much potential. It must be so frustrating for him after such a strong start.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:41 pm

DSQ- lovely to 'see ' you back in the lounge albeit briefly. We've missed you! Take care and we'll keep your seat nice and warm for whenever you can pop by sunny sunny
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:20 pm

DSQ! You popped by! Hurrah! cheers Lovely to hear from you. I hope we have a chance to chat again soon. Whew - what a day... large Highland Park please Housewives choice, and just show it to a jug of water before you bring it over! Very Happy
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  dancingsunshinequeen Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:55 am

Good morning folks...lovely sun shine up here in Scotland, but boy is it cold...oh yes!!! Laughing sunny

B4p I love the idea of you driving your teenager & her pals around for Halloween...just picturing the laughing going on in the back of your car...hey of course you should wear a mask, get into the spirit (hahaha) of things pirat farao jocolor elephant ....I agree what will sex on legs wear on Saturday night, the mind boggles lol!

Hi Allsewnonbyhand...gee thanks hun, for keeping a seat for me hun, I can see how busy it gets in here now...how fantastic is that..I see we have gone way over the 1,000 postings in here already...a-maa-zing dar-ling bounce Hope you are well my friend & enjoying the show as much as me...brilliant series this year, after last years damp squid scratch

Hi there Twirlie my pal...good to hear from you too hun, gosh you seem to have been working hard, just wondering what it is that you do to earn a crust or two...you live in a lovely part of the country.

Well guess who has to get her skates on, it was an early start this morning, just managed to nip in to say hello before I have to be on the move again...have fun & Housewives choice keep that log fire burning bright for everyone & hot drinks all round please...mines a steaming hot chocoloate, with marshmallows of course, bobbing on the top...see ya byee love DSQ xx flower
dancingsunshinequeen
dancingsunshinequeen

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:16 am

dancingsunshinequeen wrote:
Hi there Twirlie my pal...good to hear from you too hun, gosh you seem to have been working hard, just wondering what it is that you do to earn a crust or two...you live in a lovely part of the country.
Hi DSQ, to earn a crust...? I "tread the boards" as they say. I'm touring in "Scrooge" at the moment. Very intense rehearsals initially and although are out performing now we still have to keep rehearsing. We're coming to Scotland but only to Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Come January the tour finishes and we all start looking for a new show to do. Very Happy
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:25 am

I'm only popping in briefly too...hot choc would be lovely please Housewives choice. I'm off to lunch with the rellies today- family duty beckons! Good job I did a hard workout in combat last night LOL!

DSQ thanks for my personal greeting you are SUCH a good hostess and make us all so welcome even in your absence. sunny I'm loving this series, like you and am even not getting annoyed by the sequinned galleon..yet! Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:53 pm

A strong sweet esspresso please, Housewives choice. I just caught a glimpse of ITT and had to walk away from it. Almost worse than missing it altogether. I need something to pick me up sharpish! Sad
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  tanolatino Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:31 pm

Twirlie wrote:A strong sweet esspresso please, Housewives choice. I just caught a glimpse of ITT and had to walk away from it. Almost worse than missing it altogether. I need something to pick me up sharpish! Sad

Hey Twirlie, I missed ITT tonight - what happened then Question
tanolatino
tanolatino

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:58 am

tanolatino wrote:
Twirlie wrote:A strong sweet esspresso please, Housewives choice. I just caught a glimpse of ITT and had to walk away from it. Almost worse than missing it altogether. I need something to pick me up sharpish! Sad

Hey Twirlie, I missed ITT tonight - what happened then Question
I didn't see much. M.ichelle hurt herself but had recovered and was rehearsing with Brendan today (Thur). There was a bit with PamJam and an interview with Zsa Zsa Gabor . Then I had to go. Infuriating! Evil or Very Mad
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:10 pm

Evening all! Hope you are all set for a great weekend. I had a very stressful start to the day due to trying to get tickets for Take That Wink Finally succeeded after about four and a half hours!!! Evil or Very Mad
Anyway that's that and here we are ready for more fun and games. Not sure about this spookyThe Tartan Lounge has arrived - Page 3 MG_39 theme for the show, but didn't look too bad from what I saw on ITT tonight. I think it will be the orange one and Long legs do not make me loveable in the bottom 2 this weekend. I reckon we have got another week's grace before we start baying for the sequinned galleon to go before the 'better' dancers are in danger, but who knows with the great british Public Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:28 am

Hello? Hello? Anyone here? Saturday morning and the place is deserted, Housewives choice! What's wrong? Shocked

Well I'll just plant myself in front of the fire for a bit and see if anyone turns up before I have to go to work! Orange juice, latte, hot croissant and butter please, and I'll just sit here and relax for a bit... Smile Smile Smile Sleep
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sadiesamba Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:33 am

Must go and do the shopping, prepare lunch, make a 60th birthday card, go to a birthday tea party, hang the washing out, drop some stuff off at the charity shop, change the beds, catch up on emails.................... back later, probably just before the programme starts. Hope you find someone to chat to in the meantime.
Sadiesamba
Sadiesamba

Back to top Go down

Post  tanolatino Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:35 pm

Twirlie wrote:
dancingsunshinequeen wrote:
Hi DSQ, to earn a crust...? I "tread the boards" as they say. I'm touring in "Scrooge" at the moment. Very intense rehearsals initially and although are out performing now we still have to keep rehearsing. We're coming to Scotland but only to Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Come January the tour finishes and we all start looking for a new show to do. Very Happy

Have you ever done The Scottish Play Twirlie Question I must admit I'm in awe of you my friend. Having done amateur dramatics myself many, many years ago, I know how hard it all is, so well done you Exclamation cheers
tanolatino
tanolatino

Back to top Go down

Post  tanolatino Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:38 pm

Twirlie wrote:Hello? Hello? Anyone here? Saturday morning and the place is deserted, Housewives choice! What's wrong? Shocked

Well I'll just plant myself in front of the fire for a bit and see if anyone turns up before I have to go to work! Orange juice, latte, hot croissant and butter please, and I'll just sit here and relax for a bit... Smile Smile Smile Sleep

Ok Twirlie, shove up a bit and I'll join you for a bit of fireside cosiness. Has Housewives choice been taking good care of you Question I must admit I could do with a nice cup of tea with a scone loaded with lashings of butter and fresh cream - what say you Twirlie my friend ? flower
tanolatino
tanolatino

Back to top Go down

Post  tanolatino Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:12 pm

Sadiesamba wrote:Must go and do the shopping, prepare lunch, make a 60th birthday card, go to a birthday tea party, hang the washing out, drop some stuff off at the charity shop, change the beds, catch up on emails.................... back later, probably just before the programme starts. Hope you find someone to chat to in the meantime.

Goodness Sadiesamba - what an ambitious Saturday you are having Exclamation So, you make your own cards then. I'd love to be able to do that, but my artistic talent is of a very dubious nature. tongue I hope you've managed to do all your chores today but I think I would have hung out the washing first thing and not waited until it was nearly dark. lol!
tanolatino
tanolatino

Back to top Go down

Post  Sadiesamba Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:13 pm

Mission accomplished. About to settle down on the sofa with a nice bowl of chicken, lemon and tarragon soup and crusty rolls. (can't managed much after that lovely tea with lots of sarnies and delicious home made c.akes)
Sadiesamba
Sadiesamba

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:17 pm

tanolatino wrote:
Ok Twirlie, shove up a bit and I'll join you for a bit of fireside cosiness. Has Housewives choice been taking good care of you Question I must admit I could do with a nice cup of tea with a scone loaded with lashings of butter and fresh cream - what say you Twirlie my friend ? flower
Ah tanolatino, thanks for the company! I'm glad to see you like as high cholesterol levels as I do! lol!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  hellcatinheels Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:19 pm

Hello tanolatino, Sadie and Twirlie...does anyone need a refill?

hellcatinheels
hellcatinheels

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:25 pm

hellcatinheels wrote:Hello tanolatino, Sadie and Twirlie...does anyone need a refill?

G & T please, hellcatinheels, thank you very much. Very Happy
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next