Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 28 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:48 am

Not a massive box-watcher, but...Watched the last episode of Vigil, last night.Superb, with local actress Suranne Jones. New Endeavour series seems a a bit flat and "dated" ( know). Morse is drinking too much and I hope it bucks up. Waiting for the new Line of Duty. Also watching the women's football and cricket. Cricket Far better than I expected and I'm a fan of the England football girls and have been for three or so years, Go Girls... bounce
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 28 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  B4p Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:05 pm

I often watch the re-runs of 'Heartbeat' whilst I eat my lunch. Love the 60s music. I sometimes catch an episode of 'Four in a Bed' during the afternoon. I enjoy watching any of the history programmes with Lucy Worsley, Bethany Hughes, Alexander Scott. Travel programmes with Simon Reeve, and even Michael Portillo's train journeys. I prefer the gentler nature programmes like Iolo Williams in Wales, and Paul Rose in Yorkshire. I still like a good detective series although I agree with Tango that this current 'Endeavour' series is a different vibe with him sliding down Skid Row, but I think the team work well together. Sometimes like watching 'Old Tricks' but prefer the original team with James Bolam, Alum Armstrong, Dennis Waterman and Amanda Redman.  Love watching 'Silent Witness'. I enjoyed the last series of 'Line of Duty', and Martin Clunes in 'The Night Stalker'
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:55 pm

Man Hunt is on ITV, Two different stories so far covered Diamonds.
Nicole Kidman plays a different character thou she is looking a little frozen . Nine Perfect Strangers quite a surreal series.
We have enjoyed the series about Ramblers & Hiking show on BBC2. Loving Bake Off too.
Ive really been hooked by a trashy show its my guilty secret Married at First Sight UK. affraid

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:15 pm

Just watched the first series of Manhunt. Martin Clunes not my ideal choice for that part, but I'll watch the rest.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:07 pm

Sounds like I should check out Man Hunt...

I haven't been watching Vigil.  Mainly because I get claustraphobic and hyperventilate even watching things go deep underwater but also because, as in the case of Nicole Kidman, I have never managed to enjoy Suranne Jones' performances.  I would like to say it's her hair (usually the root cause of most of my Agins) but I think it might be her eyes...  Really not sure, but she always seems to be Suranne Jones whether she is the ridiculous Dr Foster or a police detective.

I did discover Hustle on iplayer something which passed me by at the time.  All the series are there.  I have just finished series 4 - I would say the first couple of series are the best. I love a good con and this is stylish and witty, in the style of Oceans (insert your own number).

I have loved Ghosts and binege watched series three in two days as soon as it landed.  I, along with some like minded people, have decided to create a television channel which only shows lovely, heartwarming, uplifting programmes.  Ghosts, Detectorists, Gone Fishing, All Creatures Great and Small, Great Pottery Throwdown, Sewing Bee (but not c ake Bake any more - it's too demanding and competitive to be lovely any more)...  It's going to be called LovelyTV.  It sounds like Wild Summer would make the cut Jingle :-)

I have never heard of Blacklist...

People keep telling me to watch Baptiste - it's on my list, but I don't have the head for it at the moment

Clickbait is something else I am wondering about, when my head has got there

Every so often I watch an episode or two of Agents. a French comedy drama on Netflix.  I can only take one or two at a time and them have to rest for a while.

I watched the first few episodes of Endeavour because I found it on a DVD in a charity shop.  I would have loved to see some more, but I have never found the first and second series on catch up.  I haven't tried for a while though, so maybe it's on there now?

Off to go and look up some of your watches!

Last edited by diamondsandpearls on Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:23 pm

Endeavour first series is showing again on the ITV Hub. Not yet watched The 2nd seried of All Creatures great and Small..Ive just sang the song now re purple headed mountain Very Happy
Baptiste I could not get into at all especially the second series.
GHOSTS loved the show and The Play That Goes Wrong too.
Loki I enjoyed on Disney and just started Your Honour and loving this too.

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:10 pm

Been watching "Spooks" on B.B.C.I Player. Imagins my delight when the lead spook was shown reading a Jane Austen novel. When asked why, he said.."She knows things".. Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:47 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Just watched the first series of Manhunt. Martin Clunes not my ideal choice for that part, but I'll watch the rest.
I watched one of the series a short time ago but I thought it was series 2 that I watched
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:25 am

I've watched all the episodes (quite a lot) of "Spiral" a riveting police drama on B.B.C I Player.. It's in French with sub-titles but really good. Strongly recommend.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:41 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:I've watched all the episodes (quite a lot) of "Spiral" a riveting police drama on B.B.C I Player.. It's in French with sub-titles but really good. Strongly recommend.

Oh I loved Spiral Tango, have watched them all - in general I seem to enjoy crime series better when subtitled (especially when there's snow involved, like scandi-noir or Icelandic)

One exception to my rule is Shetland, which has just started a new series (hurray!). Douglas Henshall is one of my very favourite actors, and I just love the scenery and the tempo of the episodes. Not so slow to be boring, but slow enough for me to follow the plot.

Talking of subtitled, I went ahead and watched Squid Games to see what all the fuss is about. Had to keep my eyes closed for a few gory scenes, but actually I really liked the plot and the subtlety of the sub-themes.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:48 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Been watching "Spooks" on B.B.C.I Player. Imagins my delight when the lead spook was shown reading a Jane Austen novel. When asked why, he said.."She knows things".. Very Happy
Usd to love Spooks. Need to hold me take me the player. Been looking out for a box set but they are out of stock. I prefer the old method of feeding a disk into the machine! On my Christmas list
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:04 pm

Just watching a bit of 'I'm a Celebrity' and it just confirmed why I don't usually bother. Why would I want to watch 2 people heaving and vomiting eating testicles and cows nose?

I much prefer Australian Survivor, it's in a beautiful location, fabulous photography, a variety of team based tasks, strategy when the losing team votes off one of their members, lots of tactics and skulduggery going on.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:29 pm

I caught a bit of the jungle castle last night, yes the eating trial was a bit difficult to watch! It's a good cast this year, I'll probably stick with it. I loved watching Matty Lee in the Olympics, and wish he'd chosen Strictly instead of the castle.

I'm really enjoying the Handmade Britains best woodworker series at the moment. It's fascinating to see how something is made from design to finish, they're all so talented. I just love anything creative like that, whether its sewing, pottery, painting, gardening, cooking, dancing ...just love seeing creativity in action.

I'm also enjoying the subtitled Partisan on channel 4 - not sure which scandinavian country its set in, but the plot has really pulled me in.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:38 pm

A thought crossed my mind last night - when we're all converted Vegans, what will they be putting in the Bushtucker Trials?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:40 am

As well as the Strictly Christmas special, I really enjoyed a lot of the other xmas one-offs - All Creatures Great and Small, Ghosts, Not Going Out, Sewing Bee, Two Doors Down, etc.

Just by chance I watched the film Last Christmas, which was written by Emma Thompson and (Strictlys) Greg Wise. I really really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. Very touching.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:28 pm

Just finished "Strike". Absolutely excellent private tec fiction with Tom Burke as a one legged hold me take me. Holliday Grainger is great as his partner. Burke is not an amputee in real life, which makes the filming colossal. Reccomend

Also, the film "The Guernsey literature and potato peel pie Society"..is a gentle, but totally enjoyable film on B.B.C I Player. Liked it immensely. Give the modern version of "Whisky Galore" a miss; it's rubbish. Shocked
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:45 am

Just re-watched "Lost in Austen", a clever modern take on Pride and Prejudice (something I'd normally avoid). A fun sort of adult fairy tale with the excellent Jemima Rooper in the lead role. As ever with Jane Austen stuff I get a good feeling with it all.

Currently watching "Bay" a police procedural based in Morecambe. Also watched Prime Suspect as I missed it last time round. As with most popular programme's it went on too long for me. Enough is enough of anything (except Jane Austen) Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:33 pm

I recall Lost in Austen and enjoyed it. Read a few different extensions of P & P books some good and some truly awful ones too.
You can never have enough Jane Austen
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:12 am

saxonsiren wrote:
You can never have enough Jane Austen

Totally agree Sax. I just don't want any well-meaning family to buy me any more J.A.books. She only wrote six major novels and I have all of them single and in a compendium album (unabridged) plus a pocket sized compendium . I know them all so well I could give lectures without the need of any of them. There are things to be learned from reading them over and over again. Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28