Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 15 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:52 am

I saw! Poor V.incent & spider! Why did they cover up the insects afterwards? Had they bitten them in half?Or sucked all their juices out? Why have them in their mouth? Would love V.incent to do a challenge & Kiran
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 15 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  jingle Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:19 pm

Anyone else watch the Who 50th anniversary? As usual, I had a few problems following the plot, but loved it nonetheless. The Tennant/Smith double act was superb, and John Hurt just right as the troubled War Doctor. Loved the cameo from Tom Baker (but where was Chris Eccleston I wondered).

Thought it was a great episode, no doubt there'll be more gems to spot during a re-watch. Made me nostalgic about the old doctors, though I think Peter Capaldi will be very good as the next Who.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:06 pm

I watched Dr Who last night & enjoyed David & Matt as a duo act & John Hurt as the reliable father figure. Not sure about Dr Who marrying Bess! Chris Eccleston in the line up but not a cameo (he too me was a perfect Dr Who) Not sure about Peter yet I shall have to watch him for a few episodes.At first I didn't like Matt but slowy he grew on me.Past Dr's not jeen re Colin Baker or Peter Davidson.McCoy a good eccentric Doctor! I wish we had a spin off series featuring Lizard lady her Butler & maid loved the trio.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Just watching some 2010 Dancing with the stars on youtube

Nicole S. & Derek Hough dancing the Argentine Tango
https://youtu.be/gjyT6Rt985k

Dancing a Tango to Pretty Woman
https://youtu.be/EfnwPm0viw0
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:47 pm

Love watching youtube clips.E.rin & Austin's Paso & Jill's Jive rewatched the magic.Also Tom & Camilla's showdance!
Magical
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:48 am

I think I'm going to have to start collecting my favourite youtube clips. I remember Matthew and Aliona doing a Latin number together and it was electric. Have to see if I can find that.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:30 pm

I recall Matthew & Alesha's ballroom dances very elegant.I do miss Matthew & wondered why he left? He was part of the young set so I wondered if he upset the producers? & the same regarding Darren & Lillia?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 15 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe?

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Caledonian C raig started a thread at the beginning of this series about our favourite SCD dances from the past - there are some youtube clips on there - the thread sort of petered out and has slipped down the board - would be good to get it going again with different people putting their fave tracks on there.

Don't get me started about Darren and Lilia - I have never really understood why they went or Matt - I felt they all went before their time - it was during the phase where SCD first started to be changed a bit from the original format. I always thought they were all hugely popular but it just goes to show that no-one on SCD is bigger than the show itself......................(J ordans take note!)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:01 pm

Mauve I agree! Why? I shall dig out some clips & pop them on the thread.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:57 pm

jingle wrote:Anyone else watch the Who 50th anniversary?  As usual, I had a few problems following the plot, but loved it nonetheless. The Tennant/Smith double act was superb, and John Hurt just right as the troubled War Doctor. Loved the cameo from Tom Baker  (but where was Chris Eccleston I wondered).  

Thought it was a great episode, no doubt there'll be more gems to spot during a re-watch.  Made me nostalgic about the old doctors, though I think Peter Capaldi will be very good as the next Who.
Somehow on the first watch I missed Dr John say 'Hope the ears are less conspicuous this time!' That's a gem! lol
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:00 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I watched Dr Who last night & enjoyed David & Matt as a duo act & John Hurt as the reliable father figure. Not sure about Dr Who marrying Bess! Chris Eccleston in the line up but not a cameo (he too me was a perfect Dr Who) Not sure about Peter yet I shall have to watch him for a few episodes.At first I didn't like Matt but slowy he grew on me.Past Dr's not jeen re Colin Baker or Peter Davidson.McCoy a good eccentric Doctor! I wish we had a spin off series featuring Lizard lady her Butler & maid loved the trio.
Never took to Matt - David's my doctor (if only Embarassed ). Think Peter Capaldi will be good though.

vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:30 pm

vonee21 wrote:Never took to Matt - David's my doctor (if only Embarassed ).  Think Peter Capaldi will be good though.
I wasn't sure about David to start with but he grew on me. I'm just starting to warm to Matt but I think it's the scripts and story lines that have put me off rather than his interpretation of the role. I love Christopher Eccleston as an actor and thought Billy Piper linked Christopher & David's Dr Who beautifully.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Whoohooo V.incent in his boxers still! & dancing today! & lol he hoped Annabel knew it was his mic pack on the front of him pushing into her! lol & nothing else. My perfect am wake up call V.incents bottom
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:00 pm

I haven't watched a lot of tv over the festive period! Ive recorded Death Comes To Pemberly Not keen on the book but will give the three part drama series a chance. I watched Dr Who & well not to sure about Peter Capaldi.I did watch Gangsta Gran & thought it was poor.Ive got to catch up on Call The Midwife,Downton Abbey thou most people have told me its boring?
Homeland finished Sad I need more please.Benidorm back with a new family.I did enjoy open all hours as a one off.Please keep the good memories of Arkwright & not write a poor updated series.
Trying to wean myself of Duck Dynasty & Pawn Stars!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi Sax. I didn't watch much TV over xmas either. Like you, I wasn't fussed on the book of Death comes to Pemberly, but I forgot to tape it anyway. Let me know if it's any good.
Well, I've just finished watching the last in the series of Atlantis - bit strange watching it on a Saturday night without Strictly.  It's enjoyable fluff, but not a patch on Merlin.
Dr Who just confuses me these days! I do like Peter Capaldi, but a bit concerned that his Who entrance looked a bit slapstick. Anyhow, really looking forward to the new Sherlock on New Years Day. We've been re-watching the first two series, and it's so brilliant.

Still in the post-Strictly withdrawl stages  Crying or Very sad
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:43 pm

Hi Jingle! I cannot wait until Sherlock starts Saturday! Loved the series & Cumberhatch & Freeman make an excellent duo! For me Death Comes To Pemberley the cast doesn't seem quite right.Elizabeth Bennett sorry but no way is the actress portrays her as Jennifer Ehle did.Darcy seems to soft.Lydia the right hysterical character.Im looking forward to BBC2 thirteenth tale as looks a good thriller.I never got into Atlantis as you say not Merlin at all.
Decided this year ie 2014 Ill watch more movies at the cinema & plays at the Theatre.Brassed Off got tickets for & also Fifty shades of Magi Muff Id like to see too
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:41 pm

Daughter's back from Uni and so we've been watching episodes of Merlin back to back for days. Loved most of it but was a bit disappointed with the last series. All Gwen seemed to do was either sit behind a table, lie in a bed or be pulled backwards off yet another horse. I thought they could have done a lot more in series 5 before finishing Arthur off.

Can't wait for Sherlock too.

I went off Dr Who when the script writers changed. It seemed to be more about crash-bang-wallop (throwing all the enemies and the kitchen sink in) rather than some suspense and simple plot lines. Did anyone see Christopher Eccleston in Lord Lucan? What a baddie!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:43 pm

B4p wrote:Can't wait for Sherlock too.

I've just finished re-watching series 2 of Sherlock, and am so intrigued about his return. Can hardly wait till tonights episode, I don't think it'll disappoint. There's a short prequel video by the BBC here which is well worth watching
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01np1b8/Sherlock_Series_3_Sherlock_Mini_Episode_Many_Happy_Returns/
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Im trying to guess how Sherlock created his "fall". First decent programme on today.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:21 pm

Well, Sherlock didn't disappoint, even if the fall wasn't really explained (I loved the fan theories though).
I didn't realise till afterwards that the couple playing Sherlocks parents were Benedicts real-life parents - lovely touch. There were some really comical parts too - loved Sherlock and Mycroft playing board games together. Can't wait till the next episode on Sunday.

Also...Splash starting on Saturday, and then DOI on Sunday.....
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Im still trying to work out the real theory! Loved Sherlock good to have him back.DOI & Splash & The Voice (14th) to look forward to.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:42 pm

Hmmm. Bit wary now of the direction Sherlock is heading in, it seems to be getting a bit soap-opera-ish. Hope the final episode focuses more on detective work and less on relationships.

Splash and DOI were....OK I guess.....but not the excitement of Strictly.

Is anyone watching the Bridge? Series 2 started on Saturday BBC4. I love Scandinavian crime dramas, they're so well made.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:26 pm

I haven't watched The Bridge series oneso I shall have to watch it as a series dvd. I did enjoy Sherlock I think they are introducing Watson's wife as a new character maybe? I like the uncertainty of Sherlock so far & only one more Sad I didn't watch Splash or DOI or BB celeb as out. Im waiting for the Voice! & Im excited to read a drama being made of Wolf Hall! & another series with David Tennant & Olivia Coleman re detective series!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:42 am

Im looking forward to The Voice starting tonight & to see if Kylie uses the word "Tidy!". On Chris Evans radio show Griff Rhys Jones suggested Tidy could be used for a comment if she didn't know what to say! Please I hope someone tells Kylie & we get "Tidy!"
I wonder what happened to last years winner? Why not have a knockout contest from ex XF/Bgt/The Voice past winners to get the best reality singer award!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:07 am

Was the Voice any good Sax? I've never watched it, though came across a cookery show on Channel 4 called the Taste which is apparently modelled on the Voice. It was OK, I might watch it again.

Last Sherlock tomorrow  Crying or Very sad 
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next