Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gossip - put a vest on you strumpet and Karen Hauer

+10
David Tee
gingercodgers
B4p
mauveangel09
Littlebear
TANGOLERO
Sid
saxonsiren
hatlady28
CaledonianCraig
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gossip - put a vest on you strumpet and Karen Hauer Empty Gossip - put a vest on you strumpet and Karen Hauer

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:04 pm

I saw a snippet (never read the full article) in a Sunday newspaper today about Karen Hauer making some bitchy comments towards put a vest on you strumpet. She apparently got very upset and threatened to walk out from the show during rehearsals yesterday. Thoughts?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Gossip - put a vest on you strumpet and Karen Hauer Empty Re: Gossip - put a vest on you strumpet and Karen Hauer

Post  hatlady28 Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:37 pm

Through the years the pro dancers have always been supportive of one another helping with choreography, stepping in when there are injuries. I think the GBP like that team work. I think they count on the pros to be professional. Karen is a new girl. Picking a fight with O.la who has her own sweetness......not a great idea. As I have said elsewhere, this could impact on Dave's fanbase.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Gossip - put a vest on you strumpet and Karen Hauer Empty Re: Gossip - put a vest on you strumpet and Karen Hauer

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:45 pm

Haven't heard about this.Not sure if Karen is a good fit yet thou Im sure O.la could hold her own.We haven't had any bitchiness from the pro dancers before.They all know which side their bread is buttered & a happy supportive group is good for all- more contracts & continual publicity.

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:55 pm

O.la tweeted the following during tonight's show:

"Just wanted to say I'm NOT leaving the show Also to all the strictly supporters please stop sending Karen nasty tweets. Great family show!"

"We all want to move forward and put this incident behind us and make sure this is the best series of Strictly ever!!!"

"Very upset to see the papers today as the BBC have already dealt with the situation, Karen has apologised for her outburst."

Maybe Karen was out of order but she apologised, O.la accepted her apology and that should have been the end of it. Instead, the whole thing's been made public (hot-headed James didn't help by tweeting this the other day: "Love how a LITTLE bit of fame can go to some people's head!! Just remember where you came from. #NOTHING You know who you are!!!!!!!"). And since yesterday Karen has been receiving the most vile abuse on social media (the nasty messages people have been tweeting her are there for all to see). Very unpleasant.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:32 pm

Unfortunately the internet has created a class of sad, attention-seeking keyboard warriors who, knowing they aren't likely to be faced or brought to task, make complete idiots of themselves by agressive, abusive behaviour in print. Way of our modern world.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:36 pm

Well I am glad to hear O.la has responded because the reporting struck me as very one-sided. The thing Karen was alleged to have said would make no sense other than in an ironic context so I do think it highly likely it was a misunderstood joke. Either way, the report did not give a very full or balanced view of things and it's awful the way people on twitter have jumped on Karen. It certainly did not sound like "bullying" - it sounded like a bit of a misunderstanding which had been blown out of all proportion by the gutter press quite frankly. Did not like James' reaction but wasn't surprised by it either - just the kind of drama he'd go for.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Gossip - put a vest on you strumpet and Karen Hauer Empty Re: Gossip put a vest on you strumpet and Karen Hauer

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

I think the media and twitterati have to find something and create some kind of controversy where possibly there is none. There has to be some controversy attached to SCD every year and I'm sure the producers don't particularly care - it is a case of 'any publicity is better than none' with them.

I think it would be naive to think that all the Pros are 'sweetness and light' with each other. There is probably huge rivalry and yes possibly some bitchiness too which most of the time we never get to see or hear. These are people that have been used to competing in dance contests since an early age and if you don't have that hunger to be better than your rival then you won't get very far, that is not to say that it needs to be nasty. Conversely they all seem to work well when doing group dances and being supportive of colleagues (if it doesn't detract from them) and all know which side their bread is buttered on, so will inevitably close ranks if needed. If any incident happened then of course James is going to leap to the defence of his wife - personally I don't rate Karen Hauer particularly but she doesn't deserve an onslaught anymore than anyone does and this strikes me as something that has been blown out of proportion.

Things were so much simpler before Twitter................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:02 am

Still not sure what was said? However a small minority always stir things up.Hopefully ITT the BBC could put out a response & what about a name & shame roll call on the credits of these twitter id's if foul people
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:18 am

Yes lets hope that this is the end of the matter and it was no more than a storm in a teacup. It would be great if It Takes Two could make a statement and rubbish the newspaper report - perhaps have O.la and Karen on the show to kiss and make up on Tv.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:22 am

I second that CC
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:24 am

I very much doubt it will be mentioned on ITT. ITT never discusses real controversy or anything genuinely thorny! ITT is in a parallel universe where everything is sparkley and happy and full of love.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:29 am

I forgot the rose tinted glasses ITT creates littlebear! Still maybe we could hope x
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:30 am

Well how about on The One Show or Breakfast News? O'la and Karen putting on a united front.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:42 am

I agree with everyone's urge to put this behind and the horror of twitter. What I do wonder is who reported the story? Another pro? a BBC technician? Curious, who wanted to stir things up? James' twitter doesn't have enough words to give the level of detail that was given; Pasha holding Karen etc.

While I agree that the pros have grown up through a very competitive background and there are undoubtedly subversive feelings all the time, their position is not the same as the celebs. They don't get paid as much. Their celeb is highlighted in the opening, they are not even named. Knowing all this has meant that they have to stick together.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:01 pm

Can't see O la being bullied by anybody myself. Evil or Very Mad 

She's a sharper cookie than she looks and keeps James in line pretty well. James is a drama queen. He loves to mouth off and seems very protective of anyone he deems to be an under dog but especially protective of O la. He's now one of the oldest Pro's and I wonder if he might be feeling a bit threatened by the up and coming youngsters. I think the Jordans and An ton are the only original dancers left after 10 years aren't they?
I wonder if Karen's feeling more settled this year, dancing with her fiancee Pro sexspecskevinfromgrimsby. She's surrounded by his meteoric rising fan base and Dave's sympathetic fans.
O la said at the beginning of the series that the girls are far more competitive than the boys.
Wasn't somebody back stage leaking gossip and rumours a few years ago? It' s probably banter that's been blown out of all proportion to raise the ratings.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Well C.raig on ITT made a comment about being a "friendly show" maybe a throwaway comment regarding this whole silliness!
James always protective of his celeb & O.la & Im sure of his own position on SCD
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:16 pm

As you say sax - a catalogue of silliness
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:34 pm

B4p wrote:Can't see O la being bullied by anybody myself. Evil or Very Mad 

She's a sharper cookie than she looks and keeps James in line pretty well. James is a drama queen. He loves to mouth off and seems very protective of anyone he deems to be an under dog but especially protective of O la. He's now one of the oldest Pro's and I wonder if he might be feeling a bit threatened by the up and coming youngsters. I think the Jordans and An ton are the only original dancers left after 10 years aren't they?
I wonder if Karen's feeling more settled this year, dancing with her fiancee Pro sexspecskevinfromgrimsby. She's surrounded by his meteoric rising fan base and Dave's sympathetic fans.
O la said at the beginning of the series that the girls are far more competitive than the boys.
Wasn't somebody back stage leaking gossip and rumours a few years ago? It' s probably banter that's been blown out of all proportion to raise the ratings.
I don't think O.la is a shrinking violet either.
There are only A.nton and B.rendan that are originals but the J.ordans have been there longer than the rest.
The BBC will have to make a story out of something.Cool
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:50 pm

Apparently it all happened last Monday at the Pro rehearsal. An insider (?) claims that Karen waited until James had left the room then let fire at O la. Allegedly Karen accused O la of being a rubbish dancer and that was why O la was always at the back in the Pro routines.  

'Fellow pro dancer Pasha Kovalev apparently had to stop Karen – who is paired with TV’s Hairy Biker Dave Myers – from saying anything else as O la fled away from the dance studio in tears into her husband and Strictly professional James Jordan.
According to the Sunday People, she told him: ‘I can’t do it any more. I’m not strong enough to be spoken to like that.’

Karen apologised and it was all soothed and sorted within a few days last week. Dave has received comments that he should withdraw following Rachel's exit but as Dave rightly say's it's not up to him but the voting public. Karen & Dave plus Mark & Iveta are both quiet on twitter at the moment (unlike James).

Let's hope everybody gets their heads down and gets on with the hard work
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:39 pm

I saw this kerfuffle develop on Sunday night - absolutely perfect for the Twitter trolls for whom the most appalling abuse* is second nature.  I'm sure we haven't heard the whole story and to be honest I've no interest in hearing it anyway.  The idea that everyone always gets on with each other is too bizarre to contemplate.  

Anyone here think that O.la is a "rubbish dancer"?  The thought had never occurred to me.  Scores, please.  I'd give her a 9.  

* I also follow Eric Idle on Twitter who mentioned the other day that he was talking with Billy Connolly who said that he'd given up on Twitter because he just couldn't stand the continual abuse.  Weird, weird world.
David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:51 pm

David Tee wrote:

Anyone here think that O.la is a "rubbish dancer"?  The thought had never occurred to me.  Scores, please.  I'd give her a 9.  
We-ell. Maybe not a rubbish dancer, but a rubbish choreographer - yes I do think she is absolutely rubbish as a choreographer and second only in rubbishness to her husband, who is easily the worst of the current bunch. Only Robin comes close in rubbishness as choreographers to the Jordans! Although admittedly Jared was worse.

As a dancer - rubbish no, but utterly average, mediocre and not very interesting to watch. Would rather watch Karen, Iveta, Natalie, Aliona, Erin, Flavia, Anya, Kristina, even Katya than O.la tbh any day. She's maybe better than Janette.

Can't even see the sex appeal tbh, although admittedly I do mostly fancy men, but I do sometimes have girl-crushes and if I were going to have one it would be Aliona, Natalie, Flavia, Iveta or maybe, at a push Kristina or Karen. Definitely put a vest on you strumpet.

The only interesting thing I can think of to say about put a vest on you strumpet is that she seems to be well behaved and, on the surface, a pleasant enough person (with a tough as nails underbelly).

No I don't know her, but that is how she comes across to me.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:22 pm

I wouldn't say she's a rubbish dancer and no worse a choreographer than some of the others.  Her job on SCD is to keep her celeb in the competition as long as possible and she seems quite skilful at that.
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:38 am

B4p wrote:
'Fellow pro dancer Pasha Kovalev apparently had to stop Karen – who is paired with TV’s Hairy Biker Dave Myers – from saying anything else as O la fled away from the dance studio in tears into her husband and Strictly professional James Jordan.
According to the Sunday People, she told him: ‘I can’t do it any more. I’m not strong enough to be spoken to like that.’
No. Sorry. I could see O la yelling at Karen in return, or even - in extreme circumstances - slapping her face. But running away in tears? And what she's supposed to have said to the People? No. That's just so....not O la.

I'm sure there was some sort of spat. After all, as far as the pro dancers are concerned it's a workplace and people do have run-ins at work sometimes. But I don't believe the way it's being reported. That's twitter for you. Which is why I never go there.
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:17 pm

I think the quotes were from a Sunday paper. I think the event would have been held in-house if an insider hadn't spilled the beans to the paper, and James hadn't tweeted his opinion to the Jordans masses.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Gossip - put a vest on you strumpet and Karen Hauer Empty 2 sides to every story

Post  sky-blue-sophie Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:44 pm

There's no way that Karen Hauer is a bully and I think that this story has been leaked to deliberately make her look bad.  If  Jordan was totally secure about her own dancing, and her own abilities next to other female professional dancers there's no way when Karen - or anyone - spoke to her she would have rushed out crying and said that she couldn't take anymore.  

Whoever is behind the leaks has done a great disservice because it was a very unprofessional thing to do some thing which could backfire on the Jordans in the long term.   I'm sure that words were exchanged, some harsh words even,  but we don't have the context so we can't judge.  It's certainly wrong to brand Karen in such a negative way. and more so to bring Pasha into things.   Bullying is not a words to be taken lightly or used to score points in the media.

I would have had much more respect if allegations, if they had to come out at all,  had been brought to light after the series so as  not to distract from the show.  Whatever was said/ not said, intended/not intended there are two sides to every story and we have just heard snippets of one.

Last edited by sky-blue-sophie on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:49 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Typing errors spotted)

sky-blue-sophie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next