Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of the Road for Karen Clifton?

+3
Sid
jingle
CaledonianCraig
7 posters

Go down

End of the Road for Karen Clifton? Empty End of the Road for Karen Clifton?

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:56 am

Rumours are rife across the media that Karen Clifton will be axed from the next series of Strictly. Her affair has gone public in the tabloids and effectively has separated from Kevin Clifton. The producers see it as bad publicity and see Kevin as popular for his choreography so would look to protect his future on the show and clearly Karen also competing may put Kevin off. We shall see.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

End of the Road for Karen Clifton? Empty Re: End of the Road for Karen Clifton?

Post  jingle Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:55 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:Rumours are rife across the media that Karen Clifton will be axed from the next series of Strictly. Her affair has gone public in the tabloids and effectively has separated from Kevin Clifton. The producers see it as bad publicity and see Kevin as popular for his choreography so would look to protect his future on the show and clearly Karen also competing may put Kevin off. We shall see.

Nah, I'm an old cynic. I reckon the bosses are probably more of the mind that 'any publicity is good publicity' (unless it reveals criminal behaviour) and there's been several rumours of extra-marital affairs over the years which haven't resulted in pros being dropped. If Karen - or Kevin for that matter - did eventually get dropped from the show I'd like to think it's down to their samey choreography rather than private lives.
I loathe tabloid invasions of privacy and do feel a bit sorry for both of them ...but at the same time have zero interest in the state of their marriage.  Personally I haven't been too keen on any Clifton as a pro partner, although I have really enjoyed Joanne on CC.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:36 pm

I'd be sorry to see Karen leave under these circumstances (agree with Jingle that a couple's personal lives shouldn't form the basis of such decisions) but I wouldn't be sorry to see Karen leave per se.

I'd imagine if the Cliftons were indeed separating they might feel awkward being on the show together and one of them would quit anyway (though I don't like the idea that this would be decided for them by bosses as it's not their place).

Last edited by Sid on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:47 pm

I think performance and doing the job they're paid for inside the studios will be more important to the powers than what they do outside of them. There's only a short time before the current show ends and then it won't be quite so important to anyone. Brendan Cole and Natasha Kaplinski had a very public affair whilst in the show, as did Joe Calshagi and Kristina Rihanhoff. "Today's news, tomorrow's chip paper" used to be the way such things were described...thus... Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:18 pm

We've been through this before with Vincent & Flavia. Karen & Kevin are booked up till the end of next summer with work together. Who knows what will happen by then? They are supposed to be professionals. They'll work something out I'm sure. I've not been enamoured of Karen's choreography. What she does in her private life is up to her and Kevin.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:33 pm

I have no clue if Beeb bosses will ditch either or both... It's a fickle business dance & marriage partnership...
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:23 pm

Obviously this is completely none of my business, but what the hell, I'm going to dip my oar in...

My old Mum, gaga though she maybe, always says the bigger, more lavish the wedding, and the more dramatic the proposal, the less chance the couple will still be together in five years (or something like that). She is a firm believer that love is the thing itself and overshadows all the trimmings and the happy couple should be concentrating on that rather than having a massive, expensive wedding, which is but one day in your life together. Kevin's proposal was very dramatic and public, so my Mum was always worried for them... (Also, a public proposal puts the potential recipient in a conundrum - it would be horrible to say no and humiliate the proposer so publicly, so they are basically cornered into saying yes....)

Anyway, that's my Mother's theory of marriage. She doesn't have one on whether the Beeb will keep or let go Karen or Kevin. She likes Kevin (he's from Grimsby) but she doesn't like Karen (no reason), so she won't care if she goes.

I won't be bothered if either/both of them goes.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:19 pm

Think I'd m8ss Kevin if he went back to being Kevin from Grimsby!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down