Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From the First Group Dance 2014

5 posters

Go down

From the First Group Dance 2014 Empty From the First Group Dance 2014

Post  cellar-door Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:37 am

Gosh, did anyone see the snake hip that baddie from Eastenders had?!?! It was amazing.

The three male celebs that will struggle would be the radio one dj, masterchef judge and the auctions grandad. They had absolutely no clue what they were doing on the dance-floor.

The women all seemed quite well matched. I would say that big-size ITV presenter will be the next Lisa Riley in terms of rhythms and doing the latin dance. But Alijaz will not intend to lift her in the ballroom or AT!

Frankie and Pixie, as predicted had a lot of rhythm and looked good doing kicks and flicks on the dancefloor.

That Casulty doctor looked good in latin too, and tennis mother coach looked to have very strong core muscles (as evidenced by her poise when A.nton did a fireman lift on her). That Irish 'Mrs Brown' woman will do quite well in ballroom dances I think.

That jungle-danger-junkie presenter looks like Chris Hollins on steroid, and I think his pairing with O.la will be deja vu. Hope he doesn't keep yakking, as he looked like he may do well in his ballroom dances otherwise (and charleston and rumba, see Chris Hollins again??!!)...

The rugby hunk and the TOWIE playboy looked evenly matched. But they had bad posture. Rugby hunk kept his legs bowed throughout the dance while TOWIE playboy had his bum sticking out all the time, danger for ballroom routines. (that stuck-out bum).

That Blue boyband member looked determined, and I believe he had secret dance lessons already. He's 'in it to win it' (whoa!) with an equally competitive/desperate K.ristina. They will get far, but not sure if they will be popular with the voting public though...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

From the First Group Dance 2014 Empty Re: From the First Group Dance 2014

Post  saxonsiren Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:18 am

Im hoping Steve will blossom with O'la and go far. Pixie and Frankie I expected to wriggle and cavort aboig but can they danve?h darkhorse female will be Caroline (Sunitra a close second)
My darkhorse male will be Scotttt (Steve close second)

My yawn turn me off couples Pixie/ Ttent

This year it feels like the has been contest! Abbey so beautiful in her last scd dance
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:17 pm

I thought that Pixie and Frankie looked very professional in the group dance - Sunetra seemed very comfortable with it all as did the Blue boy band member, who again looked remarkably 'well trained' however the stage bunnies will always cope better with things at this initial stage as they are just used to learning sequences and following routines, however much they stress that they haven't done any latin or ballroom at drama school - is it me or were they all labouring this point in the introduction sequences??

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:54 am

mauveangel09 wrote:
I thought that Pixie and Frankie looked very professional in the group dance - Sunetra seemed very comfortable with it all as did the Blue boy band member, who again looked remarkably 'well trained' however the stage bunnies will always cope better with things at this initial stage as they are just used to learning sequences and following routines, however much they stress that they haven't done any latin or ballroom at drama school - is it me or were they all labouring this point in the introduction sequences??
The twitterati report that some of the male 'beginners' complained of unfair advantages and so some of the more 'experienced' celebs have been sidelined for this weeks training which hasn't gone down well (allegedly!)
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:07 pm

Frankie and Simon looked quite polished to me. I think they'll pick up steps quickly and deliver competently but is there enough personality and charisma there to SELL the dances?

Jake surprised me - in a good way! He could be a dark horse.

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:34 pm

B4p wrote:

The twitterati report that some of the male 'beginners' complained of unfair advantages and so some of the more 'experienced' celebs have been sidelined for this weeks training which hasn't gone down well (allegedly!)

Wow - this is interesting?    Any more news on it?

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:19 pm

Hi mauve.
I've put a list of who's started training on my tweetabix thread in the Anything Else page.
I think the original tweets mentioned that Steve and Greg weren't happy that Pixie, Caroline and Frankie had previous experience. Despite this story, Caroline and Pixie have been training today. Frankie isn't able to start training til Thursday, and Mrs Browns Mrs, starts next Monday but I'm not sure why. Nothing's been mentioned so far about Simon (who danced in the Christmas special the other year).
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:34 pm

Hi B4P

I just found the tweetabix thread - it is really good, thanks for the update.
Fancy that - SCD Celebs laying down the law? If the story is true.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:53 pm

Gosh, if true, then they're taking it very seriously this year! I can't imagine a day or two less training for the first dance is going to make any difference to the more able celebrities in the grand scheme of things.

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down