Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strictly Come Dancing Rumour Mill For 2014

+6
Sid
jingle
cellar-door
B4p
saxonsiren
CaledonianCraig
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Strictly Come Dancing Rumour Mill For 2014 Empty Strictly Come Dancing Rumour Mill For 2014

Post  CaledonianCraig Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:00 pm

Well it is that time again as rumours start breaking about the 2014 series of Strictly Come Dancing so here is the topic to discuss them.

First up around a week ago there were newspaper reports claiming Brucie was set to quit but I will believe that when I see it. If anything he will carry on in the same vein taking odd weeks off here and there. Shortly, after this rumour Housewives choice Du Beke was tipped to take over as presenter and I honestly feel he'd do a great job but like I said all hearsay.

Celebrities linked with entering are soap star Helen Flanagan, Mark Wright and X-Factor winner Joe McElderry as well as Torvill and Dean. I sincerely hope the Torvill and Dean thing doesn't happen - heck they are so good they'd be choreographing better routines than the pros.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Strictly Come Dancing Rumour Mill For 2014 Empty Re: Strictly Come Dancing Rumour Mill For 2014

Post  saxonsiren Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Oh dear please NO to Helen Flannagan!!!! Mary Berry also advised she had been asked! I think Torvil & Dean too professional for SCD however maybe they are new judges! Joe Mcelderry in middle of his tour playing venues in Wollaston West Mids! Oh how the tides change for X exfactor winners!
Id love to see Zara Phillips on SCD this year also Tom Daley, Jennifer Saunders or Ade EdundsonJim Davidson could be a goid bet as he won CBB.On the mature side Selina Scott,Peter Snow,Seb Coe, possible youngsters be a boy band member One Directions Harry? Justin Beiber!!!!
Every year we have will he/won't he debate for B.rucie I feel he will have more natural breaks this year and Guest male presenters?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Strictly Come Dancing Rumour Mill For 2014 Empty Re: Strictly Come Dancing Rumour Mill For 2014

Post  CaledonianCraig Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:42 pm

I wouldn't count out the likes of ex-cricketer Graeme Swann with also an ex-footballer or at least another sportsman/woman or two. Also we will get some pop stars, actors,actresses and presenters but who they are just now remains unknown. Also do not rule out one of those from the Xmas Special taking part as it has happened in the past. Oh and there is bound to be the obligatory clown-figure that the selectors seem obsessed with.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon May 26, 2014 11:34 am

We can rule out KP as pregnant! Helen Flanngan be a nightmare partner for B.rendan or J.ames! I think we may have a retired footballer! Possibly Ashley Cole?Cheryl to support him in audience? Id love to see either Mark Cavendish or Chris Froome on SCD! I wonder if Lucy Beale actress be in the line up? Mature candidates possibly one of the Nolan sisters,Graham Norton or Jenny Eclair!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Names I have heard being linked to Strictly this year have been Judy Murray (son of tennis player Andy), ex-footballer and pundit Alan Hansen, TOWIE star Joey Essex, Radio 1 presenter Greg James and ex-EastEnders star Michelle Collins who played Cindy Beale. Sad to see that J.ames Jordan and Artem will not be in this series. J.ames has seemingly had a fall-out with bosses and Arthem is having problems getting a visa.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:56 pm

Not sure of the current definition of 'celebrity' but rumours via Tellymix website:

Mark Wright (TOWIE)
James Argent (TOWIE)
Alan Hansen (Football pundit)
Ross Kemp (Runs away from gang members)
Caroline Flack (Xtra factor)
Dave Berry (Capital Radio)
Helen Skelton (Blue Peter)
Greg Wallace (Masterchef)
Thom Evans (Rugby player)
Michelle Collins (Actress)
Joe McElderry (Xfactor)
Judy Murray (tennis champ's mother)

B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:26 pm

Frankie Bridge (singer in The Saturdays) confirmed
Gregg Wallace (Chef) ?confirmed (in several papers discussing getting ready for the show)
AlisonHammond (This Morning presenter) rumour
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:35 pm

Judy Murray confirmed. New balls please....
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:15 pm

Brummie Alison Hammond (This Morning Host) confirmed.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:27 pm

Thom Evans (ex Rugby player) confirmed
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:21 pm

Simon Webbe (singer in boy band 'Blue') confirmed
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:35 pm

Mark Wright (TOWIE) confirmed
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:55 am

So far......

Frankie Bridge (singer)

Greg Wallace (chef)

Alison Hammond (TV presenter)

Judy Murray (tennis coach)

Thom Evans (ex Rugby)

Simon Webbe (singer)

Mark Wright (TOWIE)

Sunetra Sarker (casualty)

Caroline Flack (xtra factor host)
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:34 pm

Jake Edwood (Eastenders) confirmed
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:38 pm

Are these rumours or confirmed celebs?

I know from Digital Spy news that Steve Backshall is confirmed as well. I find his smile a little cheesy, but I hope he's a contender... Very Happy
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:39 pm

Hi CD

I believe these are all confirmed now. The powers that be seem to be releasing one name per day. A few more to go then thats your lot....

Females
Frankie Bridge (singer)
Alison Hammond (tv presenter)
Sunetra Sarker (actress)
Caroline Flack (tv presenter)

Males
Greg Wallace (chef)
Thom Evans (ex Rugby)
Simon Webbe (singer)
Mark Wright (TOWIE)
Jake Edwood (actor)
Steve Backshall (tv naturalist)
Scott Mills (Radio 1)
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:52 am

Hi B4P Very Happy  - hope you've had a good holiday?  I'm struggling to complete my last postgrad assignment..... deadline is next week, so after that I can breathe a sigh of relief and give full attention to all things Strictly!!

Thanks for all the twitter updates - really interesting to hear what's going on.  

Anyhow, first impressions of the confirmed list.....well, I haven't heard of most of them, but then again, my knowledge of soaps, boy/girl bands, rugby, TOWIE etc is pretty non-existent anyway.  Definitely the most interesting person on the list for me is Judy Murray who I've high hopes for,  I think she'll be a great contestant. Also, Scott Mills should be good fun I think.

Looking forward to the launch show (any idea when it is?). I guess BBC has to get Tumble out of the way first.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:32 pm

Pixie Lott (singer) confirmed - wonder if she'll get the stick this year (like Natalie last year) for being stage school?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:45 pm

Hi Jingle
What's your Post Grad study on? Sounds exciting although I bet you'll be glad to see the back of it.

I think the launch show is on Sunday 7th Sep? Maybe wrong but it's up on the Beeb website.

I notice Greg Wallace (Chef) isn't on the Beeb's site but rumour has it that he's been telling folks he's getting ready to join the show. Then again, it might be a red herring or in his case a lobster thermidor.

I don't know many of them but then that could make me more neutral? I don't mind who's in really but I notice most are young and vigorous. Not noticed too many on Bob Martins and a Zimmer frame as yet. Thinking about that - An ton might be in with a chance at long last, providing he can keep drinking Red Bull (or any other caffeine infused beverage).

B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:50 am

Hi B4P - it's a diploma in education. I signed up for 'fun' rather than for work, but depressingly the old brain cells just don't seem able to process any of it. But I'm determined to get the final assignment in next week, and after that....never again!! I remember you said last year you were thinking of taking a creative writing course - did you go for it in the end?

Back to Strictly...I really hope the Gregg Wallace rumour is true - love Masterchef.

Didn't realise the launch show was so soon, I'm now SO looking forward to 7th Sept (it's a formula 1 weekend too, as well as Dr Who.....TV bliss!!)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:25 pm

jingle wrote:  you said last year you were thinking of taking a creative writing course  - did you go for it in the end?
Hi Jingle
Re writing course - I've signed up and paid my pennies - just working on the first masterpiece (in-between finding excuses why I'm not worthy, otherwise known as procrastinating)

It's my wedding anniversary that launch weekend and I shall be swanning round Chester. Hopefully I'll be back in time for the show but I plan to record it just in case.  

Caroline Flack confirmed today as per original rumour list.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:56 pm

According to 'Unreality TV' the final 3 are:
Greg Wallace
Tim Wonnacott (Bargain Hunt)
Jennifer Gibney (actress)
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:06 pm

This looks like the 2014 SCD Celeb line up:

Females
Frankie Bridge (singer)
Alison Hammond (tv presenter)
Sunetra Sarker (actress)
Pixie Lott (singer/child actress)
Caroline Flack (tv presenter)

Males
Greg Wallace (chef)
Thom Evans (ex Rugby)
Simon Webbe (singer)
Mark Wright (TOWIE)
Jake Edwood (actor)
Steve Backshall (tv naturalist)
Scott Mills (Radio 1)

7 girls & 8 boys? Have I missed a girl?

B4p

View user profile Send private message Send e-mail
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:10 pm

The final 3 celebs (Gregg, Jennifer & Tim) are featured on The One Show tomorrow (Friday) at 7.30pm.

The Pro dancers and Celebs all met today but will not know who they're partnered with yet.
As Robin says, this is the time the Celebs will start wetting themselves,  wondering what they've gotten themselves into.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:59 pm

B4p wrote:According to 'Unreality TV' the final 3 are:
Greg Wallace

Oh, I hope those rumours are right B4P! 3 great choices (wasn't expecting anyone from Mrs Browns boys, that's a great surprise. I reckon Tim Wonnacott would be a good laugh too)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next