Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highs and Lows 2014

+11
cellar-door
Sid
saxonsiren
hatlady28
1superken
Wallflower
CaledonianCraig
diamondsandpearls
lualen
Twirlie
fiftynotout
15 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Highs and Lows 2014 - Page 8 Empty Re: Highs and Lows 2014

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:42 pm

saxonsiren wrote: I do think an ex dancer ie Ian/A.nton/E.rin/Camilla be ideal as a fifth jidge and TWO sets of marks please for Merit and Technicality!

I have suggested two scores like you for technical and maybe artistic interpretation and also cut down the influence of public vote in the final score eliminating chance of joke acts being kept in or big breated women or hunky men kept in for sexual gratification.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:08 pm

I agree CC! & why can we not see the public vote re the DO couples? Trouble is the BBC never listen to common sense.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:25 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I agree CC! & why can we not see the public vote re the DO couples? Trouble is the BBC never listen to common sense.

The BBC will never change the format to any great degree as long as the viewing figures are high. They can't fathom out that because it has high viewing figures does not mean everything is perfect just that there is a lot of people in the UK who love watching a dance-based show on TV (about the only one there is).
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:31 pm

HIGHS
Simon staying in the Contest
Caroline's Argentine Tango
Better music this week (most of it) for example: L-O-V-E and La Cumparasita - really grabs you into the dance. Very Happy
Not really knowing who would end up in the DO - a bit of suspense for once
Hearing Engelberts 'Last Waltz'

LOWS
Pixie and Simon in the DO - not the right combination for me
Pixie going out - should not have been in the DO against Simon - don't really understand the voting shares this week.
T ess yet again getting too involved in commenting during the judging and almost telling us who to like - it is not a presenters job to express an opinion
L en suddenly commenting on lifts when he hasn't done all season - (but he then did at least have the courage of his convictions in the DO situation)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:35 pm

Highs

1. All couples are very good to excellent in the quarter finals.

2. Good music, and very minimum props (but see below)

3. Simon and Kristina going through in the dance-off.

Lows

1. Trent's three illegal lifts for Pixie's cha-cha

2. Frankie's below-par Salsa (and the silly prop!)

3. People bullying C.raig for his 'meanie' scoring. Change the record, please!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:41 pm

Highs.

The whole show. Thoroughly enjoyed it and everybody rose to the occasion..
Jake pulling off an entertaining charlston.
Caroline's A.T. Excellent.
Was surprised at the catchy beat of One Republic's number in the vote show.

Lows.
Mark still in while Pixie leaves (some won't agree...don't care) Razz
Tess really irritating and her getting Simon to do a leaving speech before he danced was
as subtle as using a spade to take the top of a boiled egg. Plonker. Hope someone else
does the show next year even if she does come from my home town.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:42 pm

Well the ludicrous behaviour of T.ess destroying Crai.g's five paddle has to be the most pathetic thing I have seen from  a presenter on Strictly. Childish and really quite nasty. Crai.g is the judge Tess so let him judge.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:43 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Well the ludicrous behaviour of T.ess destroying Can.raig's five paddle has to be the most pathetic thing I have seen from  a presenter on Strictly. Childish and really quite nasty. Crai.g is the judge Tess so let him judge.

Imagine if C.raig finds Tess dress ugly one day and proceed to tear her dress to shreds in the live show!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:47 pm

I think it is the fact she is now the presenter has gone to her head and made her power crazy and feels she is allowed to do as she pleases? As someone said on another post at least B.rucie never carried on like that. I like Tess but she is ruining her reputation with me carrying on like that.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:28 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Highs.
Was surprised at the catchy beat of One Republic's number in the vote show.

Lows.
Mark still in while Pixie leaves (some won't agree...don't care) Razz
Tess really irritating and her getting Simon to do a leaving speech before he danced was
as subtle as using a spade to take the top of a boiled egg. Plonker. Hope someone else
does the show next year even if she does come from my home town.
They used another 'One Republic' song (When the love runs out) last week I think for a Tango. I might go and scout out their CD - Whoohoo - look out Sid, I'm almost double trendy (if you also add Paulo Nuttini)) this season.

I must confess, I actually was impressed by Vernon's knowledge of SCD when he was on ITT's Friday panel last week. Not so dumb as he looks
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:58 pm

Highs

Alijaz looked devine on the balcony mmmmm
Loved C.laudia bringing the beef out half time!
Karen's bold barefoot dance!
Kevin and Mark standing up for Karen

Lows
Why WHY i like to move it move it! I wanted to shove it shove it Evil or Very Mad
Hated the judges standing line up review of the dancws it felt and looked awkward
C.laudia's lipstick shade ewwww

Re-named C.raig as Dirty Bertie with that smudge of a goatee at first thought it was a dirty mark on lens
If we are moving SCD forward with new dance boundaries then mark it fresh not as old school style L.EN!
As plain favouritisim and Im a Caroline fan I voted Mark then Jake then Frankie.
I fear Jake/Mark Do
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  1superken Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:26 pm

The Ladies are way ahead but i think any of the men will get more votes & win the Final regardless .

Highs

Frankie - Class

Caroline - Class

Mark & Kevin supporting Karen , Mark by quickly nipping in the bud any blame laid towards Karen & Kevin for voicing his opinion & displeasure from the back & coming forward into camera shot to comfort her  - Class

Lows

L en being a D ick

D arcey being a weapon of love

Thats one vote each for D arcey & L en but me as head judge gets the deciding vote ,
Although you've been the biggest most consistent D ick & have delivered the most controversial performances of the series i have to go for what i saw tonight & D arcey for her consistency with the 8 - 10 paddles , her regulary looking like i almost forgot what im meant to say moments when asked to comment & her over dramatic above any of her now regular petty squabbles with C raig wins my vote , im afraid L en ( some might say now theres irony  Laughing ) your journeys over could you please leave ,

This week winner of D ick of the Night goes to D arcey

Last edited by 1superken on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the men)
1superken
1superken

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:09 pm

HIGHS
Simon's Foxtrot
Caroline's Salsa
Caroline and P asha  and Simon and K ristina getting through to the Final
Seeing two dances from each couple
Pro disco dance in the Results Show

LOWS
L en Goodman  (never thought I'd say it) I am not a fan of either J ake or M ark but have never seen such inconsistency in a judge - and the Head One at that!
Although there were a couple of stand-out dances - to me this was not the usual high standard seen in past SCD semi finals
The contestants and Pros seem wound up like balls of string this year and on one level seem a little tortured.............come on guys grow up and enjoy yourselves!!!!!  bounce

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:21 pm

Highs.

Beethoven's 5th and Frankie's dance to it. bounce

Lows.

Jake's exit and L en Goodman's poor decision that actioned it. . Evil or Very Mad
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:29 pm

Highs

The joy on Simon's face as he danced the Foxtrot...highlight of the night for me. Pleased the audience voted him through.

Caroline's Salsa, she deserved every point.

Frankie, on top of her game again. Just in time.

Lows

Jake and his hot ass gone.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:54 am

Highs

1. Caroline's 40 at her Salsa, and her and Pasha's reactions.

2. Simon's delightful Foxtrot, combining entertainment as well as techniques befitting a finalist.

3. Live band and singers doing a sterling job, even with Beethoven's 5th fusion.

Lows

1. Ridiculous Beef joke from Claudia (probably producers'/script wirter's fault)

2. Paloma's fake and embarrassing ghetto-style results show performance. Who's she kidding?

3. Tess trying to spoonfeed response in her way from the judges.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:22 pm

CD Palomo was pants on the Big Brunch too! She was even supposed to be singing live too! They blamed sound faults re system! I blamed Palomo ouchie
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:39 pm

Highs

Frankie's dances, both of them

Simon's foxtrot

Both of the above through to the final with no dance off

Lows

Karen's crocodile tears

Judges favouring Caroline

Only one more week to go!
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:02 am

Highs

Frankie & Kevin, both dances
Simon's Foxtrot
Band & Singers
Silver tongued Italian Stallion's comments

Lows

Tess's lop-sided top on her strapless black dress
Simon's Samba shocker (even Housewives choice said OMG from the balcony)
Darcey (what was she wearing on the 'stand-up critique' section?
Jake out before Mark
Endless VT clips
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Highs and Lows 2014 - Page 8 Empty Highs and Lows 2014

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:33 am

I've done my Highs and Lows of the 2014 Season_

HIGHS
A great bunch of celebs - thought they were a bit a Z list at the beginning but it made no difference and there was a great love of learning to dance expressed this year although I think some were getting a bit too emotional towards the end! It has probably ended just in time before they started to spontaneously combust!!!!! Laughing and some of the pros too!!!!

Close standard which left you guessing right up until the last - (I am not saying however that it was an overly high standard though) The Dance Offs this year were interesting and didn't follow the usual pattern - don't know whether we have ever seen so many finalists who have been in the DO and not just once?

A great Final

Blackpool

Zoe Ball

The band and singers

LOWS
The music choices and some of the dance themes this year - MAJOR LOW and one that we have discussed many times on here this year. I fear for the future under this particular production team.

Manipulation - of choice of dances, music, judges favourites, more and more potential for getting 'stitched up' or benefiting from a good run of music and costumes and being able to peak or not peak at the right time....................because there is no strict rule of doing one latin and one ballroom per week.

Some rubbish Foxtrots this year - don't know why confused

Inconsistency - lifts or no lifts? A nton and Judy did all those lifts because I think they had to give them some sort of 'hook' in the absence of a comedy character this year, then poor Trent and P ixie doe a couple of illegal lfits and are roasted by the judges. L en was so inconsistent this year and sometimes failed to give any constructive comments - it was left to CRH and Silver tongued Italian Stallion most of the time.

And just in case this sounds bah humbug - I did love watching the series - I loved watching the 'J word' of all the dancers - especially Simon, Sunetra and Steve. I worried that not having a clear favourite would dim it a bit for me but actually it didn't and I did not spend the Final shouting at the TV and stressing about my 'favourite'!!!!!

Most of all I have loved your company as always - and a 'High' on the forum this year has been the inclusion of the music threads - thanks to Mr T, B4P and everyone who has put up the youtube links to interesting and good tracks. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:25 pm

I echo and agree Ive loved the forum again this year and all contributing and great debates,suggestions and lemon thread rants!@ love you all for participating our little "Forum Family"
Ive enjoyed the series and as you say no clear favourite to start withmade for a more interesting series!shame about Thom leaving early thou
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:29 pm

saxonsiren wrote:!shame about Thom leaving early thou

I agree but isn't that always the case in any series of Strictly. You always get a potential dark horse being torpedoed before he/she can realise their full potential and this year I think it was Thom.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:09 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

I agree but isn't that always the case in any series of Strictly. You always get a potential dark horse being torpedoed before he/she can realise their full potential and this year I think it was Thom.

Exactly - Thom was up against Simon - and looked how much he developed from that week!

This is my main argument for it not being a knock-out competition. They should start with fewer contestants (otherwise the shows are ENDLESS) and each have to one latin, one ballroom each week. We would see every single one of them progress - even the rhythmically challenged Scott was showing a modicum of improvement before he was knocked out. We'll never know how far Thom could have got now. And Cherie Lunghi and Gaby Logan also come to mind as contestants who weren't allowed to fulfil their potential. I don't think the elimination makes it more exciting and entertaining. Just more frustrating.

I keep bringing this up but I am now realising that I am a lone voice. Everyone else loves the elimination concept, rather than it being a longterm competition with points and scores from judges and public being added up week on week. Top three in the final week maybe have a dance off for the glitterball - but otherwise it's just the top scorer who waltzes (or salsas!) off with the glitterball.

But be warned everyone, when I'm Queen...... Wink
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:11 pm

My Series Highs and Lows are as follows:-

Highs

Best dance - Frankie's Paso Doble to 'America'.

Best Theme Dance - Frankie's.

The wonderful orchestra once more.

How well C.laudia (in general) slotted in to a higher profile role.

The celeb line-up surprising me. At the start I struggled to get excited but they all got on so well and many grew on me.

Lows

Too many tens from too early a stage.

The over-the-top bemoaning and bullying of CRH to give tens - it was relentless.

The continuation of dancers not permitted to choose their own music each week.

The too early exit of Thom Evans whilst Scott hung around.

The feeling that audience reaction was manufactured by the production team as in there being too many standing ovations.

All in all a great series and pains me that we must eight months for the next series. Have a lovely Xmas everyone and a Happy New Year and if you pop into the forum from time to time I will endeavour to post more classic dances to the relevant thread.

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:25 pm

Highs

Blackpool- thought it was fab this year
Camaraderie amongst the celebs
Claude and Tess (but mostly Claude)
Dave Arch and co

Lows