Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highs and Lows 2014

+11
cellar-door
Sid
saxonsiren
hatlady28
1superken
Wallflower
CaledonianCraig
diamondsandpearls
lualen
Twirlie
fiftynotout
15 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Highs and Lows 2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: Highs and Lows 2014

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:33 pm

Sid wrote:

Patrick (aka Ash from Casualty!). They were quite an understated couple but did a lovely American Smooth which I've rewatched a couple of times Smile

I remember Ash/Patrick of course - but Anya hasn't stuck in my memory... I've googled her to remind me, so I know now, but I can't really remember her with Patrick... I wonder why she hasn't appeared again this year - Patrick did very well last year. I know she is doing a lot of choreography - for the pro dancers and helping with ballroom He is. And we obey him. for the celebs it seems - but I wonder why she didn't get a celeb? Can't help feeling Greg would have had more chemistry with her than Aliona..
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:35 pm

Highs (quite a few this week as I enjoyed the main show)
Sunetra and Steve not going out
Some more realistic marking and for once quite good comments from the judges
The lassoo artist falling over the hay bales
Those Sambas (both of them!!) Very Happy

Lows (not many this week except both pretty major ones)
Two couples in the dance off who shouldn't have been there!
Mark crying - I can do without all that sort of 'shenanigans' personally!

Re: Anya - it was announced at the time they told us that A rtem and J ames weren't coming back that she would be working 'behind the scenes' - the impression given was that it was a mutual decision, hence remaining with the show.
I felt that despite one or two memorable routines last year she did not get to grips with the teaching of the celeb and didn't pay enough attention to basics. Obviously happier as a choreographer than working on screen with a celeb - fair play.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:34 am

mauveangel09 wrote:Mark crying - I can do without all that sort of  'shenanigans' personally!

Mark IS a cry baby. Didn't expect it from him, I thought he's supposed to be this callous douchebag that's too much in love with himself leaving a trail of women brokenhearted after he 'used' them. I mean, if I believe in the covers of those trash magazines on the shelves of Lidl.

Still, there is something quite genuine about him, in that he seems very artless and sincere, but not (yet?) sycophantically so. Then again, this might inadvertently become my famous last words as he turns out to be a real jerk with many expose that the likes of Mirror and Sun are biding their time to publish in a few week's time...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:10 pm

Yes CD - I agree with you in many ways - I was expecting not to like him from the start, but actually I have found him refreshingly down to earth and endearing thus far - except that for me he has just overplayed it with the crying which was totally unecessary in my book and a bit of a risky strategy I think. I'm sure you are right that the tabloids will be poised like tigers to pounce at some stage if he stays in longer.................... Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:52 pm

I hadn't heard of Mark before the show but I don't mind him. He seems to be working hard. Yep he's in touch with his soggy side, but I think he's just one of those people who springs a leak in times of stress. His nervous system is linked to his lacrimal glands.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:54 pm

B4p wrote:I hadn't heard of Mark before the show but I don't mind him. He seems to be working hard. Yep he's in touch with his soggy side, but I think he's just one of those people who springs a leak in times of stress. His nervous system is linked to his lacrimal glands.  

I think it's linked to a vote counter on his i-phone B4p. Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:51 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:I think it's linked to a vote counter on his i-phone B4p. Very Happy
Thought that was everytime he wheels his 2 nans out?

Another High
NO JEANS - Hurray

Another Low
Would like more Pro routine time, instead of the endless repeated training VT that's already been shown on the main Beeb site and ITT.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:20 pm

Highs
Make-up, lighting & Graphics effects
Celeb & Pro joint opening dance
Mark & Karen
Pixie's hair
Steve's make-up

Lows
No Claude
TangoDoble music
Bedknobs and Broomstick theme of Sunetra's Jive. Too much bedography, not enough dance.
Darcy's hair
Seeing Steve blank
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:24 pm

Highs

* Frankie's Tango (terrible music notwithstanding, see below)

* Mark's surprisingly light and pointy Jive.

* Zoe did an fantastic job standing in for Claudia in such short notice.

Lows

* Terrible music, makes me really angry and wanting to hit something HARD.

* Steve's brain freeze. Aw...

* Silver tongued Italian Stallion's rudeness towards Judy. She wasn't good, but he was unnecessarily nasty to her.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:34 pm

Highs, not many, mainly spoiled by the music. How daft is that on a professional dance show?

Anything the pros do as a group. They're really superb.
Frankie's terrifically neat feet.
The sheer daftness of it all. It was like The Magic Roundabout on meths.

Lows.
The music.
Claudia's bad news.
Scott still being here.
The music.
Playground handstands and cartwheels.
The music.
Come on, own up, who flattened D arcey's head?
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:12 am

Highs

Mark
Judys dress
Steves Skeleton

Lows
Awful awful choice of music
Steve's little brain freeze
Alison wearing Mrs Bennetts Nightgown
Sunetra faffing with a bed
Darcey's weird knee cut outs in dress
Cheesey Vt's and where are the training clips??
Pixie's wig ewwww
Jake's wobble week with Judges
Scott being there and the bad attempt at character acting

The marks inconsistant and The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman's getting repetitive re gercha and get in there etc
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:59 pm

One high not just relevant to last night's show is the professionalism of Aljaz. A fine dancer and one of the glamour-boy end of the spectrum, he's done a thoroughly professional job with Alison. With an obviously restricted canvas, he's made routines that both seem to enjoy and done it in a way that Alison seems to love what she's doing and the overall dance experience. He really looks like he's sharing the enjoyment fully, right from the partnering, so hats off to a total gent for me. Like a Star @ heaven
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:27 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:One high not just relevant to last night's show is the professionalism of Aljaz. A fine dancer and one of the glamour-boy end of the spectrum, he's done a thoroughly professional job with Alison. With an obviously restricted canvas, he's made routines that both seem to enjoy and done it in a way that Alison seems to love what she's doing and the overall dance experience. He really looks like he's sharing the enjoyment fully, right from the partnering, so hats off to a total gent for me. Like a Star @ heaven

The female pro equivalent would be Natalie Lowe. She's amazing with Tim butter-hands.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:46 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:One high not just relevant to last night's show is the professionalism of Aljaz. A fine dancer and one of the glamour-boy end of the spectrum, he's done a thoroughly professional job with Alison. With an obviously restricted canvas, he's made routines that both seem to enjoy and done it in a way that Alison seems to love what she's doing and the overall dance experience. He really looks like he's sharing the enjoyment fully, right from the partnering, so hats off to a total gent for me. Like a Star @ heaven
I'm very impressed with him this year - far more so than last year.  He seems to be really enjoying himself and has gelled really well with a contestant who, although a brilliant personality, has no chance of winning.  Becoming one of my favourite pros now I love you
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:10 pm

As I haven't posted on this so far this series then I will post my highs and lows for the series so far:-

HIGHS

Jake Wood's dances and attitude. When criticised by judges he takes the remarks on the chin and on board.
The partnership of Tess and Claudia has worked just fine softening the loss of Sir B.ruce.
I enjoy the way the judges get to now show of their dance skills when introduced.

LOWS

Scott Mills inability to dance yet still in the show as we approach the halfway mark.
Judy Murray has disappointed as well. I was hoping for so much better.
Thom Evans voted off just as he was improving.
The realisation that the producers evidently show favouritism to some couples giving them the best dance music etc.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:26 pm

Great observation Tango - I thoroughly agree!

Edit: And I also agree with CD re Natalie Lowe. I have always thought she was the most professional of the pros - she takes the less talented people and gives them a good time with careful choreography and teaching and always appears to enjoy herself too. I love Aliona as a dancer, but I do think she could learn from Alijaz and Natalie of how to be professional at all times and make the most of the person you have been given, rather than transparently look horrified at who you have been given....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:38 pm

Highs

- Frankie and KFG's wonderful tango despite being terribly hampered by an atrocious music choice (like the song well enough but NEVER for a tango..)
- Frankie managing to look absolutely gorgeous whilst painted green
- Mark's lovely light-footed jive
- Wuthering Heights sounding like Pamela Stephenson doing Kate Bush... (it could have been so AWFUL...) Such fun!

Lows

- Pretty much the rest of the show - the theme, the being made to look ugly, execrable music choices I had to mute so I could concentrate on the dance..
- Darcy's hair and make-up - she looked a bit ill and wan
- the bed in Sunetra and Brendan's jive - pointless and aggravating
- the producers of SCD - they've hit an all-time low. His Lord Sir Alan Sugariness has delegated me to say "YOU'RE FIRED!"
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:43 pm

Highs

Mark's Jive - very lightfooted
Frankie's outfit and performance despite the inappropriate music
Zoe standing in well at short notice
Steve and O.la's make up

Lows

Steve forgetting his steps - you could almost see him worrying about the next lift
Simon's dance - not sure what it was but I felt really uneasy watching him.  Looked like he wasn't enjoying himself at all.
Darcey's dress - very odd
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:09 pm

Highs and Lows for the results show:

Highs:

1. Annie Lennox, that's how to do a come-back performance, Boy George, take note!

2. Pro dance at the beginning. Tells a story yet we see Paso element and other ballroom dancing incorporated into the choreography.

3. Good choice of the last dance music by Scott and Joanne.

Lows:

1. B.runo being a camera whore making all about HIM when Darcey was demostrating the correct Paso walk.

2. B.runo snearing at Joanne when she was trying to say some nice things about Scott.

3. B.runo in general this week. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:19 pm

cellar-door wrote:
The female pro equivalent would be Natalie Lowe. She's amazing with Tim butter-hands.

Yes, agree. My admiration for the Oz girl is not unknown since E rin left. My favourite female pro. Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:24 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Yes, agree. My admiration for the Oz girl is not unknown since E rin left. My favourite female pro. Wink

Great taste, TangoL. cheers
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:49 pm

Highs
Opening dance on Saturday evening and the Pro Dance on the Results Show - excellent.
Zoe standing in so well at short notice
The band and the singers
Sunetra and B rendan staying in
Steve and O la staying in
A just DO - not another horrible shock exit
Looking forward to the contest moving into it's next phase - which for me always happens after the Hallowe'en Show is out of the way.

Lows
The music choices (nuff said)
S cotts Mother having a go at CRH - it was in poor taste, badly judged by whoever let it happen
B runo's '10' - sorry I know a lot of people loved the dance and I can see that, but not a '10' please - too early.
D arcey's habit of looking at CRH and tutting after he has given his marks - it is getting very annoying.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:58 pm

Bit of a 'plateau' week for most couples I felt.................

HIGHS
A couple of really good toons this week (less dross although it was still there)
K ristina and Simon opening the show to one of those great toons!
Pro Jive last night
It wasn't Hallowe'en!!!! Very Happy

LOWS
Judy not going out (sorry Judy)
CRH's comments after Frankie's dance (talk about bringing things down)
The Steve and O la thing

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:14 pm

Brought over from wrong thread. Embarassed

Highs.
Not too many so far.
Jake getting through
Couple of decent dances, Simon, Frankie and Pixie...
Bit better music (not much..but)

Lows.
The Steve silly situation.
Judy escaping the net again (nothing personal, but..)
some of the daft music
In no way prudish, but we see everybody's knickers weekly as part of the dancing,
do we really need to see Darcey's so blatantly?
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Highs:

1. Zoe covering Claudia very well (but see below).

2. Much less mismatched music to the dance genre.

3. Happy to see Pixie and Trent doing a potentially boring foxtrot, also really happy that Brendan choreographed his foxtrot with a more 'contemporary' piece of music.

Lows:

1. I miss Claudia!

2. More celebs forgetting their steps, Caroline, Sunetra and Frankie...

3. Darcey's ten. Evil or Very Mad
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next