Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+16
Poppetlovestango
hatlady28
B4p
diamondsandpearls
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
cellar-door
1superken
mauveangel09
TANGOLERO
Sid
saxonsiren
CaledonianCraig
lualen
Wallflower
Tina Sparkle
20 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 30 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  fiftynotout Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:22 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Kirsty has improved ever so slightly but so has Carol. Sure the popularity thing may very well be there for Carol but she will stay in longer than Kirsty as long as she continues to edge forward and shows that enthusiasm. She appears like she is loving the experience whilst Kirsty doesn't.

Yes I think that's the point CC.  Kirsty simply isn't winning people over. I have no idea what she's like in her day job, never heard of her, but she does seem to have a lot of catching up to do, likeability-wise, regardless of her dancing skills (or otherwise).
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Just a thought: Re Kirsty, it just may be that she's one of those people who believe that learning the steps is all dance is about? I say this because people like Jay and Anita who appear quiet on the surface, really let themselves go and enter into the spirit of the dance. Carol may (and probably is) do the same to a lesser degree based on her physical ability. Even Jeremy Vine is stepping out of character as the suave presenter to enter into the required personality change. Kirsty needs to watch her own performances played back and realise that she also has to expand her persona as well as he dance skills. If there is a personality clash with Brendon then that certainly won't help, but he's the dancer and Kirsty will have to bow to that fact....or leave.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:46 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

A very real requirement and one reason why I didn't want Ainsley to go. He has that very joy in what he's doing and projects it in spades. Anthony was certainly dancing under a severe disadvantage with his arm and was really trying, but neither were the worst dancers on show. Kirsty was very negative seeming, which might be due to several things, not the least Brendon. Then again, she just may not have that essential spark inside, who knows? Jamelia did nothing special for me, and thinking ahead, I'm really struggling to imagine Daniel fighting a bull in a paso or Jeremy doing  a Faulty Towers tango, but then again....John Sargent etc, .....That's Strictly for you. Wink

I agree re Ainsley. He's clearly enjoying it as is Jeremy Vine and Carol, whether they are capable to create some semblance of the dance they were given remains to be seen. Jamelia's case isn't just about her seeming inability to finesse the techniques of the ballroom and Latin dances, I think Tristan, eye candy though he may be, just isn't very good a choreographer, or dare I say, an underpar pro teacher. He's like the female version of O.la, good to look at but average talent, with forgettable (Tristan) or predictable (O.la) choreography...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:29 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Just a thought: Re Kirsty, it just may be that she's one of those people who believe that learning the steps is all dance is about?

Was thinking the same Mr T. I think she has quite a methodical approach to things. This helped her win The Games (a Channel 4 show in which celebs competed in Olympic-style events) where she was almost machine-like (and I mean that as a compliment). But dance is different, you have to feel it from within not just put your feet in the right place.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:09 pm

Sid wrote:

Was thinking the same Mr T. I think she has quite a methodical approach to things. This helped her win The Games (a Channel 4 show in which celebs competed in Olympic-style events) where she was almost machine-like (and I mean that as a compliment). But dance is different, you have to feel it from within not just put your feet in the right place.

I would say Kirsty should be rightfully call 'dance by He is. And we obey him.' from C.raig, but instead, that man seems to just dislike Jeremy and has decided that whatever improvements he brought to the table week on week (as his flawed but rather endearing Charleston routine attests to) was just worth a three. Mind, those other three judges must have slipped and bang their heads for giving Jeremy sevens!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 30 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:59 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:

I think we found out quite a lot tonight about fan bases.  I think it was the right decision on the DO but I wouldn't have put those two in it. But it's probably a blessing for Anthony who was obviously struggling with that injury.

Yes you are right we did find out about fan bases - that Kirsty somehow has one and Ainsley it seems hasn'nt?? confused    Maybe it was those cute dog costumes and the face paints that did it?   It's a family show folks!! Laughing

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Re Kirsty and Brendon as a partnership... I would rather have seen Brendon partnered with Katie to get the best out of her and I think they would genuinely have got on, and Kirsty with Housewives choice as he might have lightened her up and she might have instilled a bit of work ethic and focus in him.... I do wonder how the partnerships are decided - I know height can be a criteria, but I imagined that they were watched in the rehearsals for that first group dance and seen who gelled with whom.... But celarly not - who can forget the joy (ahem) of Lulu when she got Brendon; or the unalloyed excitement of Aliona when she realised she was going to be paired with no-undercrackers Greg Masterchef (eww!)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:48 pm

I wonder if some of the celebs come with a wish list? Or a No way list! Aliona always enjoyed her dances and she loves custard so a plus with me! Brendan and Katie I could have seen together working well. Kellie and Kevin just seemed right! The I want to see come alive couple is Alijaz (huge i want to munch him crush)and Helen. On paper they look ideal it just isn't at the moment creating a sparkle yet, I have high hopes.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:00 pm

saxonsiren wrote: The I want to see come alive couple is Alijaz (huge i want to munch him crush)and Helen. On paper they look ideal it just isn't at the moment creating a sparkle  yet, I have high hopes.

They got four 8' on Saturday Sax?
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:12 pm

I agree about lack of sparkle. I find her rather doll like. Alijaz is one of the ring leaders with Brendon and A ton or so the choreographer said on ITT. He does have that twinkle!!
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:07 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

They got four 8' on Saturday Sax?

Only seen individual clips not the whole show due to Rugby! Yes scores can be given for correct steps and placement however it's the joire de vive for me that makes the icing. I think I have L.ens disease Grumpiness due to an inflamed Achillies Tendon combined with plantar fasciitis same foot, in agony.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:58 pm

saxonsiren wrote: Yes scores can be given for correct  steps and placement however it's the joire de vive for me that makes the icing. I think I have L.ens disease Grumpiness  due to an inflamed Achillies  Tendon combined with plantar fasciitis same foot, in agony.
Sympathies sax. I broke a big toe over the summer and I'm just starting to drive again.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:37 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I think I have L.ens disease Grumpiness  due to an inflamed Achillies  Tendon combined with plantar fasciitis same foot, in agony.

Ouch, poor you sax. My dad has had plantar fasciitis too, with flare-ups. He wears special socks and does stretching exercises. Hope yours eases soon....try and take it easy x
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:48 pm

saxonsiren wrote:

Only seen individual  clips not the whole show due to Rugby! Yes scores can be given for correct  steps and placement however it's the joire de vive for me that makes the icing. I think I have L.ens disease Grumpiness  due to an inflamed Achillies  Tendon combined with plantar fasciitis same foot, in agony.

Sorry to hear that Sax and hope it all improves quickly. The point I was making was that when C raig agrees with the other three and dispenses an 8 mark, you know they're on the right track. I take your point because I always judge dances on what effect they have on me, not somebody missing a heel lead or having their fingers at the wrong angle.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:26 am

saxonsiren wrote:

Only seen individual  clips not the whole show due to Rugby! Yes scores can be given for correct  steps and placement however it's the joire de vive for me that makes the icing. I think I have L.ens disease Grumpiness  due to an inflamed Achillies  Tendon combined with plantar fasciitis same foot, in agony.

Do take care, and do get well soon!!!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:32 am

Thanks Sid,CD and Mr T! I have compromised and dropped exercise from 5-7 miles a day walking to 2-3 miles. Still agony but if I do nothing it's agony too!
Today I'm watching the whole Saturday show no disturbance!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:38 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Thanks Sid,CD and Mr T! I have compromised and dropped exercise from 5-7 miles a day walking to 2-3 miles. Still agony but if I do nothing it's agony too!

You walk 2-3 miles a day with a foot injury?....blimey. affraid I walk the dog twice a day making myself do maybe a couple of miles. Don't overdo it and inflame things....
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:52 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

You walk 2-3 miles a day with a foot injury?....blimey. affraid I walk the dog twice a day making myself do maybe a couple of miles. Don't overdo it and inflame things....

Indeed!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:55 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Thanks Sid,CD and Mr T! I have compromised and dropped exercise from 5-7 miles a day walking to 2-3 miles. Still agony but if I do nothing it's agony too!

Oh Sax is that wise? Try resting completely for a couple of weeks and if you do some light walking wear arch supports x
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:09 pm

If I sit and rest it hurts if I walk and stop it hurts! Mind you I may get a walking cast on leg for 2-3 weeks that will ground me. Just finished watching Saturday'show at last. So all your comments and the little clips I've seen make sense. Still feel L.en a bit harsh with Giovanni. Loved,loved Jay and Bizarre Jeremy! Gleb is our prima Donna persona but I thought he and Anita did a lovely dance to my favourite song. Not sure about Peter's dance a little too Hollywood. A better movies week this series.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:15 pm

saxonsiren wrote:If I sit and rest it hurts if I walk and stop it hurts! Mind you I may get a walking cast on leg for 2-3 weeks that will ground me.
I was just thinking it sounds like you need a cast on to immobilise your foot and achilles. It's easy to rip the achilles if it's inflamed, and also cause knock on problems with your calf muscle.  Hope someones monitoring things for you
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:20 am

Hi B4p I have to wait for the results to go to Dr, who sent  me. He thought I'd have an injection into my tendon during my ultrasound however I was informed during this NO injection as it would rupture tendon! Shocked so I wait and do the walk of a thousand pain needles each time I sit or lie down and Stand up!
I think I should be shoved in the corner by the band each week with a camera focused on the couples feet! They could strictly Fi a cast and we would get the couple's feet at last! Sounds as if I have a foot fetish affraid oops
After 6 months of it I'm a bit fed up after working hard 6 months before on right foot, 2 injections and planters fasciitis.

OK enough of my foot saga apologies. On with the show and hoping we have a great show and dances to make me smile and feel the couple's chemistry and energy. Also hope for constructive not destructive judge's comments Very Happy
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:44 pm

I'm finding it difficult to get excited about Strictly this year. There just seem to be too many couples and too many of them seem to be at a pretty high starting point. It seems to be in danger of almost turning into two competitions.

There are a few stand outs - Jay's jive, of course, and I have hopes that Giovanni might go some way to being a replacement for Vincent. Not the whole way of course, but you never know..... I'm hoping that once a few couples have been weeded out there will be time for the personalities to emerge and it will be easier to engage with them.

Is it just me or does any one else feel the same?
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:16 pm

Get EXACTLY what you mean Tina. Also, for me, I've not yet found a couple to properly get behind because I'm either luke warm about the celeb or the pro in a lot of the pairings:

Love Katie...but A.nton can get on my tits.
Jay's great...but I still have a touch of Alionaphobia.
Liking Anita lots...but not Gleb's ego.
Like Janette...but we know how I feel about her partner!

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:53 pm

It is harder this year with more of the couples on an even standing. I like Aliona so I'm fairly happy she has a decent partner. Never been a Kristina fan and as she has Daniel sorry do not see this pairing going all the way. Gleb and Giovanni both new,both trying to stand out and not succeeding yet. Janette my sort of "meh" so no thoughts there. I guess my warm up more couple will be Helen and Alijaz.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next