Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two - 2015

+11
vonee21
jingle
fiftynotout
Sid
TANGOLERO
cellar-door
MissingLilia
allsewnonbyhand
Moova 12
saxonsiren
B4p
15 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

It Takes Two - 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  Sid Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:59 pm

cellar-door wrote:I noticed Zoe had the temerity to call Gio the love child of Vincent. I know Sid is going to explode re that label! Why? Just because he's Italian doesn't mean he and Vincent must be from exactly the same DNA surely?

Sid was NOT impressed lol Gio seems nice though. However, I need Georgia to start talking like a grown up. She's not quite as bad as Joanne Clifton but that ickle girlie voice might start to grate after a while! Chelsee was an exception.

Agree with you guys about Anthony and Oti. They seems to have gelled instantly and I like them.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two - 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: It Takes Two

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:20 pm

cellar-door wrote:

They are dancing to "I'm sexy and I know it". I think the cha-cha-cha would be totally car-crash TV. I'm too Sexy has a better cha-cha tempo, but it's clear there will be stripping going on...  Sleep Pass the barf bag! affraid

I really like Anthony and Oti. They seem to just click, and they both seem to enjoy each other's company, and it's nice to see that Anthony seems genuinely a nice guy...

Jay is really really boyish in a babyish sort of way. No wonder Tess talked to him like that. Coochi-coochi-coo!

It's really surprising that Jay's in a boyband where you have to have swagger and charm, and he looks so un-slick (in a good way). So he picks up choreography really quickly, so this boy's got talent. Now I really hope he's better than Harry Judd who became a technician but couldn't perform with his face, and the best he could master was a gold-fish look in his charleston... C'mon Jay, you could be the most technically accomplished AND expressive dancer if you just curb your nerves once and for all!!!

I noticed Zoe had the temerity to call Gio the love child of Vincent. I know Sid is going to explode re that label! Why? Just because he's Italian doesn't mean he and Vincent must be from exactly the same DNA surely?

Couldn't have put it all better myself CD.

I watched the first two episodes of ITT back to back tonight - glad it is back - so enjoy Zoe (although I don't think Gio would have been too happy with the 'love child of V incent' thing) and I also enjoy KH too - even though she has to be very diplomatic - I liked the comments which alluded to the fact that P asha left Carol on her own too much - I really like P asha - and his choreography, but he didn't do to well with R achel and hope he doesn't make the same mistakes again with Carol.

Tonight it struck me that Jay, Anthony and Georgia all came across as really nice unaffected people. I must admit I am finding Jay fascinating, like you say CD he doesn't seem to me like the typical 'boy band' type - more boy next door. I also agree that there was something a bit cold about Harry Judd - so hope that Jay can avoid this type of thing happening - Harry was not my ultimate favourite that year, so I am very interested in how this one will develop.............was it my imagination or were A liona and Jay very 'touchy feely' for the first week?............. Rolling Eyes

Lastly - that music for I wan and O la's cha cha - you've said it all CD - car crash and I fear for the poor bloke!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:48 am

...but I think the biggest car crash will be Danny boy...Charleston???? How will he ever get his face into those positions in time?! Razz Razz
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two - 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2015

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:32 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:...but I think the biggest car crash will be Danny boy...Charleston???? How will he ever get his face into those positions in time?! Razz Razz

Stitch up???? Question

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:26 pm

It's good to have ITT back isn't it? Yes, all very cheesy and particularly rushed these first few weeks but I like that it gives me an extra chance to get to know these new s.lebs, class of 2015. So far they're all coming across as really nice people - and the new pros are as well. Zoe is doing a good job of holding it all together when she has so much to get through. Wonder if Ian will be back tonight.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:00 pm

The best news I have heard so far is that Friday ITT is going to be one hour this full series! Unless I got this wrong, then I am sorry! Embarassed

Oh re Daniel, someone mentioned Daniel and Rumba in one sentence in another post and I just block him Daniel out of my mind now... Self preservation you see...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:42 pm

cellar-door wrote:The best news I have heard so far is that Friday ITT is going to be one hour this full series! Unless I got this wrong, then I am sorry! Embarassed ...

No, I believe you're right CD, Friday ITT was part of the draw for Strictly tickets, I believe it's going to be a standing live audience, like the old Top Gear. I couldn't apply for Friday tickets as I'd never be able to get up there in time after work, but I've put in for weekend shows. Fingers crossed as ever.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:21 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:

No, I believe you're right CD, Friday ITT was part of the draw for Strictly tickets, I believe it's going to be a standing live audience, like the old Top Gear. I couldn't apply for Friday tickets as I'd never be able to get up there in time after work, but I've put in for weekend shows. Fingers crossed as ever.

ooo I hope you get the tickets for the main show!!!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:54 pm

I applied for every ticket going but no luck
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:10 pm

Never ever had joy of ticket pale
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:48 pm

Just caught up on Wednesday's show and tonights -  so great to see Ian back!!!

Oti comes across really well - I haven't taken very well to the newer pro female dancers in recent years but I have already warmed to her and she does seem something of a technician - which is good.

The costumes seem lovely already   (higher budget?)   Too early to tell whether there is a theme in there but they seem quite classic so far - and lovely beading and flattering skirts.   I liked Vicky's comment tonight about the fact that they wanted to model the early dresses on the dresses that the celebs had in the launch show, so that they feel comfortable.

blimey.............I don't want to say goodbye to anyone this week..................(and that is a first!!!) Laughing

Last edited by mauveangel09 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:21 am

There's something about Daniel O'Donnell's delivery that makes me lol. He's good value.

Oti is an instant hit with me too mauve. Gleb, I'm not sure yet....if he was chocolate I suspect he'd eat himself Very Happy

Loved Katie's Jive dress. Being quite statuesque, I imagine she's a dream to dress. Can't wait to see the rest of her outfits.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:13 am

Sid wrote:There's something about Daniel O'Donnell's delivery that makes me lol. Gleb, I'm not sure yet....if he was chocolate I suspect he'd eat himself Very Happy
Daniel's quite droll, charming and self-deprecating with that 'caught in the headlights look'.

I would say that Gleb's got his head stuck up his ass, but it's so big, that it would be a physical impossibility. Also, that wouldn't sound as eloquent as 'self-absorbed'.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:08 pm

Sid wrote:There's something about Daniel O'Donnell's delivery that makes me lol. He's good value.

I really warmed to Daniel last night.

Now I'm like Mauve and don't want to say goodbye to anybody this week No
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:34 pm

B4p wrote:

I would say that Gleb's got his head stuck up his ass, but it's so big, that it would be a physical impossibility. Also, that wouldn't sound as eloquent as 'self-absorbed'.

lol!

fiftynotout wrote:
Now I'm like Mauve and don't want to say goodbye to anybody this week No

I dunno fifty, I think I could live without Iwan!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:27 pm

Sid wrote:I dunno fifty, I think I could live without Iwan!
Have you seen the pics of food he's been tweeting this week sid? Maybe the shirt will have to stay on after all, although he doesn't seem to wear one much in the training room clips. Oh the irony of poor O la, slip sliding away on the blood, sweat, and tears, she's making him produce. Rolling Eyes
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:21 pm

B4p wrote:
Have you seen the pics of food he's been tweeting this week sid? Maybe the shirt will have to stay on after all, although he doesn't seem to wear one much in the training room clips. Oh the irony of poor O la, slip sliding away on the blood, sweat, and tears, she's making him produce. Rolling Eyes

Could have done without seeing that half-eaten burger he tweeted B4! Oh and PUT IT AWAY, IWAN. Evil or Very Mad
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Comment about Gleb........head up ass..........my quote button didn't work!!!

Yes - I have to say I agree    Tee Hee lol!    I still remember how when he was being interviewed in the launch show he said he was an expert at nearly every dance style known in the modern world - but didn't actually mention ballroom and latin............. affraid

Last edited by mauveangel09 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quote didn't work)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:19 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Comment about Gleb........head up ass..........my quote button didn't work!!!
Yes - I have to say I agree    Tee Hee lol!    I still remember how when he was being interviewed in the launch show he said he was an expert at nearly every dance style known in the modern world - but didn't actually mention ballroom and latin............. affraid
He doesn't have to mauve, he probably invented those in his lunch break, whilst being in the finals of all 3 different Strictly's abroad (which are the equivalent of counterfeit Lacoste in my book- certainly not the same as the British original). Very camera aware. I pity his wife in the morning trying to get to the mirror to put her make-up on. Now where did I leave the cat-o-meat?  meowwwwwww. tongue
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Well I'm not sitting through another hour of that! I loathe live studio audiences, I'm allergic to that Richard person (no idea what he was even talking about half the time) and Joanne Clifton belongs on CBeebies.

Too long, too much filler and faff. Give me back my old ITT - with 5 added minutes for the Friday Panel!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:34 pm

I missed half the one hour ITT. My recorder got the hump and didn't record for some reason.

What I did see of the 'Clarksonesque audience made me wonder if they'd only got 2 cameras - one at the back of the heads and one looking from the right. It kept featuring the same 3-4 faces for some reason. I thought Zoe coped well with the live audience (especially as she's got a heavy head cold).
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:40 pm

Sid wrote:Well I'm not sitting through another hour of that! I loathe live studio audiences, I'm allergic to that Richard person (no idea what he was even talking about half the time) and Joanne Clifton belongs on CBeebies.

Too long, too much filler and faff. Give me back my old ITT - with 5 added minutes for the Friday Panel!

I shall watch it later due to us travelling back from sunny Yorkshire. A live studio audience? I thought the added half hour purely for the Friday night dinner oops panel! Wrong show
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Sid wrote:Well I'm not sitting through another hour of that! I loathe live studio audiences, I'm allergic to that Richard person (no idea what he was even talking about half the time) and Joanne Clifton belongs on CBeebies.

lol!
That's just what I was thinking too Sid! Specially when she was dressed up in her pink princess dress.

Despite some rather odd fillers I quite enjoyed the hour-long ITT, particularly that they didn't have to rush the panel.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:03 am

Does anyone know the story of why Joanne Clifton is not competing in the show this year?? I must have missed the official explanation but I find it quite strange - SCD don't normally keep people hanging around on the sidelines after only a relatively short time on the show, unless they are well loved dancers who they want to retain - like Ian and now R obin (great!). Without wishing to be unkind, at the moment Joanne isn't adding anything to ITT and is in danger of hanging around like a spare part - she doesn't really have the age/experience/history to yet be a pundit on the show.

Were there 16 couples last year?? Only Iveta has left and Oti has replaced her, so why didn't they have Joanne in the show? Do you think that she was contracted to have a partner who possibly pulled out at late notice??Question

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:50 am

mauveangel09 wrote:Were there 16 couples last year??  Only Iveta has left and Oti has replaced her, so why didn't they have Joanne in the show?   Do you think that she was contracted to have a partner who possibly pulled out at late notice??Question  

Someone else suggested this as a possible theory to me mauve and I think there could be something in it. She's in the titles, in the tower, has a pro pic, but no partner! Most odd. Initially I thought / hoped they were maybe 'phasing her out' but they've not done that before. I'm thinking she'll be back competing next year. Also, Giovanni is her pro partner and if he's a hit that might be even more reason to bring her back in properly?
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next