Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+12
cellar-door
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
mauveangel09
Twirlie
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
Sid
Tina Sparkle
B4p
Moova 12
diamondsandpearls
16 posters

Page 17 of 42 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 42  Next

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 17 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  Sid Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:19 am

- The best thing about this series is I haven't a CLUE who'll win or even who the finalists will be. Talent galore and a couple of potential j.ourney takers!

- Turns out this was a themed week and the theme was 'over marking'! Food actually fell out my mouth when C.raig pulled out his 8 paddle for Anastacia.

- Greg's not completely awful, what a relief!

- Joanne *was* as awful as I feared, what a shame for Ore! Balloons, bike, glasses, comic, bench....it's like she was DETERMINED to make up for being locked out the props cupboard last year! She better buck up her ideas quick.

- Judge Rinder's Cha Cha will take some recovering from! Hugely entertaining for now but I hope he settles down soon cos the guy's got rhthym (but his prissy routine will get old fast).

- I know it was predictable using the theme tune from BOF but I loved "What'll I Do" for Lesley's Waltz.

- Tameka's my new favourite person (when I can prise my eyes off Gorka).

- Daisy, gosh, what an unexpected pleasure (L.en got carried away with his '9' and 'best ever first dance' comment tho).

- THRILLED for Oti. I mean the Hollyoakers usually end up on my agin list pretty sharpish but this was jaw-dropping and Oti is amazing.

- Considering he's an absolute beginner and from an entirely different world, I thought Ed put in a perfectly respectable Week 1 Waltz. Felt the judges suddenly got quite strict when scoring him.

- Will's trousers (and red socks) were most distracting. It's like he mislaid his and hastily put on a pair of AJ's! Karen's Tango was MUCH better than Joanne's offering but I still wasn't completely sold on it - she made it a bit too much about her. Great to hear Bowie.

- Also great to hear Loco in Acapulco (even tho 'Four Tops' always brings to mind a failed gay orgy Very Happy ) - shame about the dancing that went with it.

- Aaaaaand I think that's all my thoughts for the first week Smile
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 17 Empty A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  Poppetlovestango Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:34 pm

I thought the opening sequence was one if not the best starts ever. Brilliant.
It showed that dance is for everyone. cheers
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:05 pm

Forgot to mention the opening, Poppet, but yes indeed, it was such a refreshing change from the tried and tested. It was also very well done and looked totally professional. Great to see the variety of dancers and the homage to ballroom. Keep it up Beeb......
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:50 pm

Really enjoyed the opening shows - all looks promising for a great series.  Like Sid says, good that it's not obvious from the outset who the finalists might be...I'd imagined Little Claudia would be head and shoulders above the rest, but not at all.

The two routines which I found most memorable were Judge Rinder (haven't a clue who he is, but I loved that he threw heart and soul into it) and also Will Young (good music, sharp choreography by Karen, shame about the ridiculous trousers/socks).

Wasn't keen on the overly scripted VTs, but I hope Zoe can 'unwrap' the c.elebs and the new pros on ITT.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:56 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Forgot to mention the opening, Poppet, but yes indeed, it was such a refreshing change from the tried and tested. It was also very well done and looked totally professional. Great to see the variety of dancers and the homage to ballroom. Keep it up Beeb......
I was hoping you were going to make the opening number Mr T after your brush with fame earlier this year- now that would have been extra special- but even so I thought it was lovely- more of this please Beeb!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:07 pm

Haven't got much else to add to all your comments but I do think this is going to be a good series- apart from a couple of obvious ones, who will probably go in the next couple of weeks it's anyone's game. So glad Oti is back with a good one, but I couldn't keep my eyes off her - wow those legs!
Pretty decent first week all in all.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 17 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:43 pm

Poppetlovestango wrote:I thought the opening sequence was one if not the best starts ever. Brilliant.

I was thinking the same thing today - I forgot to mention it and how much I enjoyed it and yes I think very much that dance is for all Very Happy Very Happy

Also - agree with S id it was great to hear some Bowie - I enjoyed the music, I hope that it is an indicator of things to come this year - and now - can't wait for ITT tomorrow................ Smile

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:55 pm

Lots of pleasant surprises this weekend. Very Happy

Totally agree with the comments re Joanne. Ore looks to have potential but faffing doesn't do it!!!
Thought Melvin was awful dare I say it I preferred Ed's waltz.
Was expecting Greg to be like Iwan so well surprised. However the Jive was going to be his dance.

Bring on next week!
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:58 pm

Love the opening show!

So happy that Greg is not a Iwan or Victoria Pendleton!

Ore is good, but his playing up at the camera will get old really soon. He danced well, but that silly music foisted upon them is criminal.

Robert (the judge) will only entertain with one comedy routine (done quite well), and he must, like C.raig said, work on his facial expression when he next dances his latin routines.

+ Confirmed ringers (and very, very accomplished ringers, even better than Natalie Gumude and Jay McGuiness): Danny and Louise (and Will, if he improves his fitness);

+ Absolute raw talents and natural movers: Ore, Laura & Anastacia;

+ Dark horses, rough diamonds: Robert (the judge), Tameka, Naga, Claudia, Greg, Daisy

+ Not so good, early exits possibly: Lesley (moving waltz she did), Ed (nerves, really trying very hard), and (surprise) Melvin.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:08 pm

Poppetlovestango wrote:I thought the opening sequence was one if not the best starts ever. Brilliant.
I soooo agree. A tremendous start for the series showing how widespread it's appeal is.

allsewnonbyhand wrote:... So glad Oti is back with a good one, but I couldn't keep my eyes off her - wow those legs!
I'm in agreement there too. She has a remarkably excellent pair of pins, as good as Natalie's if not better! Actually she's going to have to watch it. Danny Mac is very good which I'm pleased about - I'd like to see them go far, but she has to be careful not to outshine him too much.

I'm not going to go into depth about the first weekend. Kevin and Louise were good, but were they that good? Not so sure. I thought they were marked very highly. I wondered about the difference in scoring between the two nights. There did seem to be a bit of a discrepancy, but I suppose that'll be ironed out as they merge into one night shows.

Who did I like? I did like Will's Tango - I didn't care about the socks. The BBC's wardrobe department has always been hugely eccentric for male dancers in Strictly. Daisy and Aljaz were a gorgeous pair. That waltz was beautifully ethereal. They deserved their marks. Greg and Natalie were great – he's much better than I thought he'd be and they seem to be a well matched pair, both so athletic. I wonder if they'd have scored higher if they'd danced on Saturday instead of Friday.

There were some I quite liked and might improve considerably. Ore and Joanne fall into this category though I agree about the extras and props. A waste of time and don't add to the dance at all. Laura Whitmore and Giovanni, and Claudia and AJ also appear here I think. If Oksana can get Judge Rinder under control a little more, who knows what he can do. A very dark horse that one.

I think that though she my get better, Anastacia isn't going to make it past week 10 at the most no matter how much she's pushed by Brendon. I was surprised she ended up the leader board so high. And speaking of which… Tameka and Gorka! How on earth did they get into the top half of the leader-board? They were embarrassing – just plain embarrassing! I had to leave the room!
No hopers? Well, Naga and Pasha may stumble on for a few weeks but won't get past half way mark. Lesley and A nton? Out before or after Melvin and Janette – who knows. And last but not least, Ed Balls. His waltz we rather like the older couple dancing in the opening number. Staid, stiff and determined not to embarrass himself. His partner, Katya – I know nothing about her but she didn't look in the slightest supportive. Rather she looked as if she didn't want to be there. Give her a slap someone and tell her to  buck up!

Looking forward to next week.

Actually I'm looking forward to ITT first. Bring on the Ball!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:43 pm

I cannot understand how Lesley & A,non got the same scores as Greg and Natalie No No .... Some high scores from C.raig tonight. ... do we have ringers in Danny and Louise? I loved her dance this week for the while effect. Judge I cannot but love his manner and sincerity....

Bit disappointed with AJ and C.laudia and Will.....

Omg costume please not I hated HATED the low slung messy belt look given to Will and the Lil over dressed doll look for Daisy...
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:52 pm

I'll come back later, but C raig is in serious danger of spoiling the whole show with his pettiness. How on earth can there be a three marks difference between two professional judges about the same competitor? Right now Danny Mac is already dancing like a pro.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:44 pm

It's still way too early to define very much except the obvious. C raig is overdoing the pantomime villain act already and the pros, both male and female should surely know that flitting around their partners like Billy Bunter around a giant cream doughnut won't either disguise their partners faults, lack of skill or honest progress. Better be upfront, remember it's only week three approaching and keep things simple and, as L en says, get the routines off solidly first and the fancy stuff later. Pros' can naturally adapt to any dance, beginners can't. The pros also want to put personal angles on dances that change the traditional mood, introduce comedy where it shouldn't be and don't drill into their charges things like it isn't necessary to dance a tango, the dance of l ust, with a face like your partner's forgot to put a winning bet on at the bookies or left the telephone off the hook while dialling "Rent a floozie" on an o8oo number. . Musically "Quizas was my favouritew number tonight despite A nton and Lesley joking it, but then again it's from the film Strictly Ballroom (amongst other things) Cool .
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 17 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:41 pm

It was predominantly a night of waltzes and cha chas - some of which by the end of the night, all melded into one for me!
However, I think ballroom won out tonight for me and most of my favourite routines were the waltzes - of both types.  

I thought most of the judges comments were fair and accurate - but how on earth could C raig score Ed '3'????  Mad   As the other judges pointed out, the man kept in time all the way through and kept in sync with his partner throughout - I thought he did rather well and is quite light footed, he was certainly no worse than Temeka over whom C raig gushed -  of course if Ed had been 30 years younger C raig would have probably   'loved the kitsch daaahling'!!!!!   so predictable.................. Rolling Eyes  Temeka was handed a routine that played to the strengths of her acting skills but I did enjoy it.

Daisy and Alijaz are a lovely partnering but I thought she was over marked tonight -  it was a decent effort and she got the basic cha cha step but away from the all the theming to me it was ok but not outstanding and could have done with a lot more hip action. However -  I really couldn't understand why L en told them off for a lift when C laudia and AJ were allowed to do all those gymnastics last week in what was also supposed to a be a cha cha???

I felt that Will and Karen and B rendan and Anastacia were both undermarked.  I liked Will and Karen's jive - I think that the flat foot style is very much in keeping with the rock and roll and lindy hop that they did. I suppose it was a bit 'stage school' but I didn't expect the judges to be so muted - perhaps it was the trainers? Laughing I thought their costumes didn't quite match - would have preferred to have seen him in  drainpipes and suit - not like he was going down to Sainsbury's.

I didn't realize that Anastacia had an injury - If they had to change all the choreography today then I think she did really well and I thought this was a decent club salsa which had the continuity that you expect from the dance and she looked good - I thought some of the comments and scores were harsh - I hope she can continue on as I really like this partnership and want to see more  (I could use the 'J' word for her).  

I could also use the 'J' word for Greg and Nathalie -  they look a handsome couple and N at looked magnificent tonight.  L en summed it all up regarding his backside and I think if he can sort his posture out then he will improve a lot - I still think there is potential there and I so want these two to continue on!!

Joanne came up with another pointless theme for her cha cha with Ore - which thankfully didn't overwhelm the dance and which it didn't need as it was full of cha cha content and was fast paced - I agreed with the judges that it was a bit too fast paced  and jerky for the cha cha and could have been a bit smoother.  He danced it really well and is confident but I'm not really taking to him - there is a bit too much posing for my liking  - if he could dial it back a bit and they could 'click' together as a partnership then it would be much better.

Like Sax, I was a bit disappointed in AJ and C laudia - I didn't dislike the routine at all and there were some good bits in it but this is a another couple who need to grow into their partnership and try to get into the character of each dance rather than relying on 'moves' - for me this  dance did not have the smooth flowing quality that a waltz should have.

Judge Rinder and Oksana entertained again but very difficult to be given the American Smooth on the 2nd week!   I thought he coped really well with those lifts - some celeb men can't get the lifts until much later in the contest- if at all!   I also think he is very fleet of foot -  there is a touch of the Wayne Sleep about him but the 'face' was still in evidence and he needs to work on that.  I love his personality - refreshing.

I think A nton and Leslie will be around for a bit.  I loved their track - I liked the routine as well even though she has balance issues.   D arcey was right when she commented about Leslie's legs - she got the straight leg action  - a fun routine and she was obviously enjoying herself.

As I said on the ITT thread - as we all know it is a bit of lottery at this stage as to who will exit - the standard is close and on this first week it will just come down to fan bases and who has caught the public imagination.  Someone in the middle of the leaderboard who has good potential but who simply can't poll the votes could lose out.  That said, I think Melvin and Jeannette and Naga and Pasha might be in the drop zone area - Melvin bless him struggled - but I liked the routine itself.  Naga wasn't bad and did her utmost to get into character but I think this was  an instance of where she was trying to get into playing a character at the expense of nailing the basics of the dance - it can be too much to do at this stage - exactly what Mr T has said above.

And so to my favourites - I've already mentioned Will and Anastacia I also liked Louise and Giovanni - I like Giovanni's gimmick free interpretations and to me this was a proper waltz which was flowing and smooth.  Loved this one - thought the scores were deserved and I hope she can hold her own in the pack.

The two Viennese Waltzes were excellent -  at last Mr Clifton comes out and produces something sophisticated and gimmick free - just what I hoped.  It flowed well and the breaks that he built in didn't take away the VW flow - but watching it back I think there were possibly too many pivot turns (I know Kevin loves them!) and I think Oti and Danny  pipped them at the post with their dance - yes he is a ringer but I really liked this - the VW is a big dance and they used all the floor for their rotations, it was a modern interpretation but like L en said, it didn't lose the character of the dance and it was lovely.  The pressure will be on for him now - doing so well so early.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:29 am

Ooo, I love the second week.

Stand out celeb dances:

+ Tameka & Gorka's Charleston (some mis-timing and missing steps aside, I think Gorka actually looks cute with that 20s swimwear)! An entertaining 8 from me.

+ Robert does well with his lifts and attempts at proper foxtrot with gorgeous Oksana.

+ Laura & Giovanni, I swear they are bonking each other with that frisson-charged Waltz. Beautifully choreographed (except the under leg move which I find rather clumsy), Laura was a revelation and I actually like her waltz more than Daisy's attempt last week. Another high score of 8 for me as well.

+ Ed surprised me in an endearing sort of way. I think C.raig was being really cruel for marking him a 3.

+ C.laudia's West Side Story Waltz was beautiful too, considering she's quite a bit shorter than AJ, they covered the floor really well, and she's definitely becoming more of a dancer than a gymnast now...

I would say that I have put Louise and Danny in the different category, as they are this year's DIRTY RINGERS. Danny I am viewing him essentially like a contestant of So You Think You Can Dance (UK). He's THAT good, and based on that, I find his VW too much gimmicky out of hold moments. When in hold he nailed the top line and frame and even has a hint of sway in the dance, but I don't like that leg pull and bag grab, they over-egg the pudding with the story telling I think.

Louise's lines and finishes are exquisite, as I expected from trained dancers like Natalie Gumude. She did the VW well and the whole dance has better flow compared with Danny's attempt. But I would score them both the same at 7.5.

Disappointment:

+ Ore, I expect him to have at least SOME hip movements. Alas, none detected.

+ Will's jive looks a little sloppy, perhaps he's still trying to get fitter? Hope he stays long enough to really present a dance properly.

+ Anastacia looked broken, and as it turns out, she was injured.

+ I really don't like Melvin's dancing, and that Tango choreography from Jannette is appallingly poor (esp. the bizarre ending).

+ Lesley looks a hot mess in that cha-cha, and A.nton looks just as bad as her.

+ Naga looks like she doesn't want to be there to do the cha-cha.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:58 am

Well the second week gave us a few things to ponder I think...the ringers and mingers, can the ginger linger? (Couldn't resist sorry!)
At this stage it is so much about fan base and who can make an impression - often my early allegiances fall by the wayside. Danny is the obvious ringer who has set the bar high, it remains to be seen whether he can sustain it, but I have a new found crush on Oti who I think is mesmerising. I haven't taken to Louise, my main prejudice being because she played the " poor me I don't think I can do this after all these years blah" when a) clearly she can, and b) she brought back memories of Abi with her neeerves. (In the end though I had to admit that she was lovely to watch).
I am really rooting for Greg, Will and Claudia and although she's a bit marmite I fall on the love side for Tameka, it will be interesting to see if she can develop in the more subtle dances that are not reliant on character. Surprisingly I found myself rooting for Ed last night, the obvious first out candidate but I thought he deserves to stay after his Charleston. Fair play to Lesley but I don't personally take to her. I hope Melvyn goes even though he's my office sweepstake. For what they're worth, my scores and comments were done before judges comments
Ore and Joanne- hot stuff! 7
Claudia and AJ waltz 8
Charming! Loved her shaping and elegance.
Will and Karen- jive 7
A bit off time?  Maybe the pulled muscle contributed?
Lesley and Housewives choice- cha cha 6
She's a good sport! Suited her.
Greg and Natalie- tango 6
Bum sticking out! (Wrote that before The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman said it!!)
Tameka and Gorka - Charleston 8
Really liked it even if she did nick Colas swimming move
Laura and Giovanni- waltz 7
She did have lovely lines there seems to be a good quality for this amongst the female celebs this year
Melvyn and Janette- tango 6
I worry for my sweepstake!
Louise and Kevin -VW 7
I didn't think she was as good as Laura
Anastasia and Brendan-salsa 6
Shame about injury
Ed and Katya- Charleston 6
Credit where it's due bless him! I smiled all,the way through, and he kept in time  
Naga and Pasha- cha cha 6
She looked uncomfortable and I was uncomfortable with how they dressed her up    afro Evil or Very Mad
Judge Rinder and Oksana 7
Hope he stays around a while, think he has potential if he can rein it in
Daisy and Alijaz- cha cha 7
Good job
Danny and Oti- VW 8

I voted for Greg, Will and Tameka
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:42 am

Okay here are my thoughts on last night's show.

Ore and Joanne - Ore's enthusiasm is infectious and we know (by pre-show comments) that he is a fan of the show and seems keen to learn. Looks to be a dark horse at this stage. A 7 from me.

Claudia and AJ - Their waltz was a little bitty for me. She had wonderful lines with her arches and arms which you'd expect from a world class gymnast. Sadly, for me, there wasn't enough in hold for me. A 6 but she will be one to watch if given good choreography.

Will and Karen- A decent jive which Will attacked but still rough around the edges. A 6 from me.

Lesley and Housewives choice - This had a good, saucy feel to it and Lesley acted out her part very well but I spotted an error or three but she did hold it together quite well. A 5.5 from me.

Greg and Natalie - Well Greg got the attack and mood of the dance spot on but there was that unseenly bum sticking out that I reckon everybody seen. Could go far. A 7 from me.

Tameka and Gorka - A fun-filled Charleston and Tameka's enthusiasm is great and although she is not as fit or young as others she held her own very well. A 7 from me.

Laura and Giovanni- A polished waltz and Laura could go far. A 7.5 from me.

Melvyn and Janette- A tango not of the highest quality compared to others. A better dance for Melvin than last week but stompy at times and he could be in real danger of being the first to exit. A 5 from me.

Louise and Kevin - Another competent waltz and well worth a 7.

Anastasia and Brendan - No doubting the injury never helped at all. Anastacia should be fine to go through though this dance was bitty. Good in parts but less so in others. A 6 from me.

Ed and Katya - I wasn't expecting much at all from this dance but Ed did great - a real surprise. He captured the mood of the dance very well and dance some moves very nicely and kept in time to the music. I really enjoyed it. 6.5 from me. Must refer to C.raig's remarks here - way too unfair. Seems he wants Ed out and has hallmarked him for the chop.

Naga and Pasha - A cha cha that never really reached the heights of other dances on the night. I still think this couple will go far if Naga can get rid of her inhibitions as she seems a very quiet, shy type. A 6 from me.

Judge Rinder and Oksana - A couple I like. The Judge is a great laugh but does need to be a little more controlled in the dance and I agree with C.raig in that he must sort out those facial expressions as they can become distracting. A 7 from me.

Daisy and Alijaz - I liked this cha cha. Daisy looks comfortable so far and very expressive. Could go far with Alijaz at her side. A 7 from me.

Danny and Oti - No denying how polished this dance was and worth an 8. However, it strikes me that Danny has done this before (dancing that is) so takes a shine off things for me.

As a footnote it does pee me off how the judges react to C.raig's remarks. He is entitled to his opinion and I do like that he isn't drool, drool, drooling over every competitor - after all most are mere beginners at dance. He keeps it buttoned when other judges give their opinion even though he may not agree with them so common courtesy says they should do the same. Sure sometimes he goes OTT on criticism (Ed last night) at times but that is how he is. Danny's excellence is a little unnerving too.

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:47 pm

I feel like my life is complete after watching Ed Balls Charleston Very Happy Not only hugely entertaining but he did a pretty good job of keeping in time and sync with Katya - things C.raig ought to have given him credit for.

Also love Lesley's sass. I mean I still wish she was with someone else but I ignore her partner and let it be all about her.

They talk about Greg's sticky-out bum like it's a bad thing Wink

Gorka - instant heart eyes.

The two VW very different but equally enjoyable. I was pleased to see Kevin being a little more restrained (just wish Louise's dress could have been nicer - I know she doesn't want to wear revealing outfits but they can still be flattering unlike what she had on last night).

Will was the biggest disappointment for me. Pulled muscle or not, it was a flat Jive with bad timing. I think even Ed and Lesley had better timing than him. And what's going on with his trousers? Last week they were too short, this week they were falling down!

Still don't think much of Joanne or Janette's choreo. They both introduce unnecessary props that detrract from rather than enhance the performance.

And before I have brunch, I must stick up for Daisy. She's getting quite a backlash on various social media for being "over-marked". But (and I know I say this as nothing more than an armchair expert) she seemed to have the Cha Cha technique down, with the alternate bending and straightening action of the legs. Yes it was a little careful and could have done with more oomph - but that'll come. It was a really good first Latin and compared to some of the dances that have got 7s and 8s so far, she deserved her marks!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:49 pm

My marks from last night

And yes I had written Bottom! First word in first moves for Greg.

Ore & Karen for me I'm not into Firefighter image! Hated props. Brace o ography Shocked 6

C.laudia & AJ disappointed wanted more. Height difference a hindrance!? Could improve possible dark horse couple 7

Will & Karen the trousers the belt No No pale no. Flat bounce hated the trainers too. Love Will. 5.5

Lesley & A.non I didn't like it that much. I cringe sorry with the whole Dorien look/attitude at 70 sorry .shoulders hunched, missed the grabbing hold of A.non from behind. Sooner see Lesley go than Ed on tonight's performance 4.5

Greg & Natalie Bottom! Loved the attitude. Glad they got rid of the 2 silly strips from Nats dress Friday ITT. Lil bit stomp with feet

Tameka & Gorka loved loved this cheeky,fun,lively Charleston. Tameka has been my suprise enjoyment 7

Laura & Giovanni dreamy,floaty gorgeous. Have high hopes 8

Melvin & Janette Tango week 2 No No NO not on., hated it,no umph,no slick flicks. Sorry but in danger 5

Louise & Kevin dreamy dance,serene beautiful arms and finish. A ringer not sure? 8

Anastacia & Brendan what happened? Injury? Hips and middle section of body didn't dance. 5

Ed & Katy Well done Ed I liked it,I smiled,I enjoyed watching you deserves stay I voted 6

Naga & Pasha sorry but Naga my marmite not keen from breakfast tv. I want to try and look past this. She looked as if she didn't want to be there. Again her personality imo the sarcy put down looks did it for me 6

Judge Rinder & Oksana I love his attitude and enthusiasm, did really well with the lifts. Another couple that could bloom 7.5

Daisy & Alijaz hated that dress Lil doll look No to placed re model posed struts for me.I felt better in ballroom hold 7

Danny & Oti ringer? Too much MJ lookalike side steps kicks half expected the sequinned glove to appear on the crotch.
I did see the talent,the fine moves 8

I voted all male celebs sorry ladies Greg, Ed and Judge
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:44 pm

Sid wrote:I feel like my life is complete after watching Ed Balls Charleston Very Happy Not only hugely entertaining but he did a pretty good job of keeping in time and sync with Katya - things C.raig ought to have given him credit for.

Gorka - instant heart eyes.

And before I have brunch, I must stick up for Daisy. She's getting quite a backlash on various social media for being "over-marked". But (and I know I say this as nothing more than an armchair expert) she seemed to have the Cha Cha technique down, with the alternate bending and straightening action of the legs. Yes it was a little careful and could have done with more oomph - but that'll come. It was a really good first Latin and compared to some of the dances that have got 7s and 8s so far, she deserved her marks!

I agree regarding Ed's Charleston. It's life-affirming. He gave it a go, though he was basically a write off from the get go. Even Claudia Winkermad seems to despise him and often became passive aggressive backstage.

Gorka is funny, he gives a V.incent Simone vibe, don't you think? (don't kill me if I annoy you with that comparison!)

And Daisy's cha-cha was good, like Lisa Snowdon's. The latter was slated for her really good cha-cha walks too. Yes, Lisa was mediocre at best with other latin dances in general (except perhaps her rumba), but her cha-cha I thought was good. It's just that Daisy is a typical long limb sex-goddness kind of woman, and she appears to have no ditzy-iness unlike Abbey (which can grind after a while), and it didn't help her cha-cha appeared to be slightly lacking in energy. Nevertheless, I would rather the cha-cha walk done slowish but properly than looking frentic and jerky like Ore's sad attempt at char-char walk (I always spell cha-cha ending with the r when it's done badly)..

Speaking of Ore, It seems surprisingly to me, I think he'll do much better in his ballroom than his latin...

Last edited by cellar-door on Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:57 pm

A couple of comments about a couple of individuals, if I may:

Ed Balls, I was actually urging him on, because effort and the desire to try are precious commodities and he seems to have both as well as a sharp sense of humour. The dance suited him last night because of its fun content, but will he cope with the more serious stuff? He'll entertain, that's for sure and could quickly become a vote-crowd favourite.

Ory. Has ability and Joanne has to remember who the contestant is....if you know what I mean..Same could well apply with Jannette. Poor choreography last night, for me.
Tameka. Her loudness could have me reaching for the Paracetamol before long. Very.."Me"...
Greg...normal big lad worrries about grace and elegance. I'd like him to do well.
Naga, hid under her wig in more than identity. Very insignificant...

Quite a few contenders amongst the rest. Too early to make solid forecasts but Lesley could be an early bath candidate.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:57 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Naga, hid under her wig in more than identity. Very insignificant...

I wish they'd kept Naga's pixie crop. She's a beautiful lady and that wig looked horrible. Her dance was typical week two Cha Cha but got lost among so many good performers (or not-so-good-but-entertaining ones). My money's on her and Melvin for the B2.

cellar-door wrote:

I agree regarding Ed's Charleston. It's life-affirming. He gave it a go, though he was basically a write off from the get go. Even Claudia Winkermad seems to despise him and often became passive aggressive backstage.

Gorka is funny, he gives a V.incent Simone vibe, don't you think? (don't kill me if I annoy you with that comparison!)

And Daisy's cha-cha was good, like Lisa Snowdon's. The latter was slated for her really good cha-cha walks too. Yes, Lisa was mediocre at best with other latin dances in general (except perhaps her rumba), but her cha-cha I thought was good. It's just that Daisy is a typical long limb sex-goddness kind of woman, and she appears to have no ditzy-iness unlike Abbey (which can grind after a while), and it didn't help her cha-cha appeared to be slightly lacking in energy. Nevertheless, I would rather the cha-cha walk done slowish but properly than looking frentic and jerky like Ore's sad attempt at char-char walk (I always spell cha-cha ending with the r when it's done badly)..

Winkermad! Laughing I think Claud has a soft spot for Ed. I recall her picking him as the contestant she was most looking forward to during the red carpet thing.

CD - I was actually thinking how I might have found my Vinny replacement! (not Gio who they tried to foist on me as a V.incent substitute, and who - for a reason I can't quite put my finger on - I've taken agin slightly).

Good points re: Daisy/Abbey/Lisa. Daisy instantly has more appeal for me than Abbey. And I know you always liked Lisa's Cha Cha! I hadn't watched the show as long back then (and was SUCH a stan for Rachel) that I probably underappreciated those Cha Cha walks.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:09 pm

In my opinion Melvin's two combined dances have been the weakest of the lot and so should be the first to exit. Ed's charleston performance was entertaining and pretty decent so unlike either of Melvin's dances. Others touted to be in danger like Lesley were not in the same class of poorness compared to Melv.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:24 pm

Quick word, like Winkermad's lovely dress
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:27 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:[...] but C raig is in serious danger of spoiling the whole show with his pettiness. [...]

He gave fair warning (fair?) on It Takes Two that he was going to be much harsher this week. He certainly kept his promise for what it's worth. Mad
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 42 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 42  Next