Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD Confirmed Contestants 2016

+3
jingle
Poppetlovestango
B4p
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SCD Confirmed Contestants 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: SCD Confirmed Contestants 2016

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:59 am

It will be interesting to see how the likes of Naga, Greg and the Judge get on. Looks a nailed on cert to me that An.ton will be paired with Lesley. Not really sure yet who I will be rooting for - I tend to get behind the least talented who begin to blossom rather than those that hit the ground running or sprinting as the case may be.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

SCD Confirmed Contestants 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: SCD Confirmed Contestants 2016

Post  B4p Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:55 pm

I see the papers are already doing their usual bit on who's had previous dance experience.

I know of about a third of the contestants, mostly the singers and Lesley. I like to see how most will improve from the opening show as the weeks go back. I don't mind if I've not heard of some of them before. I can imagine that two or three of them will be giving their 'two pennorth' to the judges.

I wondered if Kevin would be paired with Lesley, or Gorka?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:56 am

Since nothing ever goes to plan (our plan anyway) I've ceased to worry whether contestants have previous or no. It's all entertainment should we like it or not and my vote will probably lose out to "Madison from Manchester, or Mackenzie from Macclesfield" who will vote fourteen times for a favourite based on anything but dance skill. Bring it on.... Cool
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:55 pm

I don't mind reports on previous dance training, I like to know. Sometimes one contestant's been singled out for it while somone else has had as much but it doesn't get brought up (like the Pixie / Caroline series) and that seems unfair to me (and I do think it affects perceptions, popularity and voting).

Last year's final was fairly easy to predict from the start (with the exception of Katie I suppose) because a few of them had come quite polished already. I like there to be room for others to make the final too otherwise it just feels like the weekly eliminations are something of a formality. Louise, Will and Claudia are all coming in with some experience but I'm really hoping Greg can buck the recent trend of struggling sportsmen.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:56 pm

Sid wrote:I don't mind reports on previous dance training, I like to know. Sometimes one contestant's been singled out for it while somone else has had as much but it doesn't get brought up (like the Pixie / Caroline series) and that seems unfair to me (and I do think it affects perceptions, popularity and voting).

Last year's final was fairly easy to predict from the start (with the exception of Katie I suppose) because a few of them had come quite polished already. I like there to be room for others to make the final too otherwise it just feels like the weekly eliminations are something of a formality. Louise, Will and Claudia are all coming in with some experience but I'm really hoping Greg can buck the recent trend of struggling sportsmen.

Good points. As far as Greg goes I have a sneaky feeling he may be good in ballroom (especially Quickstep) but struggle with Latin dances.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:37 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Good points. As far as Greg goes I have a sneaky feeling he may be good in ballroom (especially Quickstep) but struggle with Latin dances.

Yes, my hunch too.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2