Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tess & C.laudia, Darcey & Shirley

2 posters

Go down

Tess & C.laudia, Darcey & Shirley Empty Tess & C.laudia, Darcey & Shirley

Post  saxonsiren Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:43 am

A new SCD season and we have 2 female presenters and 2 female judges. Will it be a battle of frocks and shocks between them all? How will Tess be with Shirley? I'd have loved to have seen B,rucie welcome her with "You're my favourite! "
Darcey I'm sure will dress to impress so ill be watching carefully all 4 re accessories and heel sizes!
For me I'd have liked to have seen a change re presenting style, C.laudia with the couples before & after, a new male side kick with Tess or shock horror Tess replaced!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Tess & C.laudia, Darcey & Shirley Empty Re: Tess & C.laudia, Darcey & Shirley

Post  B4p Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:06 am

Week 2

It's well known that I'm not the biggest fan of Tess, but, I must say that I haven't hit the mute button yet this series. Tess seems to be far more relaxed and interactive with the judges without talking over them or giving her 5 pennorth every few minutes. I've also liked her outfits so far.

Claudia - I like her natural wit, and whoever is getting her dressed so far - well done!

Zoe - please can she wear a least a coloured top now and again. The constant black top and trousers, and her quick speech and movements, makes her look like a crow that's about to pounce. She is tall, beautiful and willowy, so why the constant need for her to dress as a liquorice stick, or a pint of Guinness with her blonde mop?

Shirley - So far, classy and business like. As a dancer, she knows what cut of clothes suits her best, and has the fab figure to show it off without looking like 'mutton dressed as lamb'.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:22 am

I like Tess & Claud's outfits so far this season.

but - I spoke too soon about the mute button. It has been harder to resist pressing it over the last 2 weeks.

When Spatman started on Shirley, Tess (an experienced presenter) should have shut them both down instantly. She's the contestants advocate, but gave no support to poor Charlotte caught up in the middle. Br uce would never have let the situation carry on like that. The one time I wanted Tess to jump in and say something, she didn't. Where's that Wonder Woman (Susan) when she's needed?

Interupting when the judges are giving feedback has started again. Last week Tess interrupted Cr aig critiquing Brian's Paso, saying the Paso was supposed to be stompy wasn't it? More interuptions tonight. Not funny or necessary. I want to hear the judges comments.

Claudia doesn't need the continual inane scripts. She's naturally funny.
She also needs to be HEARD in the Clauditorium, otherwise it's pointless having her there. PLEASE stop the zoo like racket everyone makes whilst awaiting the scores, or reading out the terms & conditions. Why not just tell viewers to read them on the website and save yourself 5 minutes of drivel?  It's annoying, distracting, and in no way resembles a party atmosphere.

Zoe has been more adventurous with her ITT outfits over the last 2 weeks, including a couple of skirts and an actual dress.
Ian's spot is brilliant, but again, you can't always hear what he was saying properly for the zoo in the background, courtesy of the 'live audience' (pro dancers).
Ban all food from ITT. Poor Vicki Gill was turning green when Karen was waving her banana around Vicki's creations. I don't want to see pro dancers talking with their mouths full, or spitting banana/popcorn around the studio.
Please don't start the 'sympathy begging' to get contestants 'to Halloween week', Blackpool week', 'or to get a 10'. It's like Christmas starting in August.
Please can we have more musicians on the Friday panel?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:02 am

Our B,rucie bless him would have stepped in with a Lil phrase or I recall saying that wasn't right to say.... Tess I'm afraid hasn't got an air of authority so the judges have a free for all. A presenter should be the go between contestants/viewers and also on occasions put judge into place re comments....
Tess I'd have on ITT and I'd like a mute button for the "Tizwaz crowd" each night, put 'em in the cage!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:02 am

I'm not one to hold a grudge, so it's time for some praise.  Smile

T ess looked very elegant tonight, and had just the right balance of gracious hostess, and contestant advocate. It would be nice to hear Tess asking the judges for more positive feedback as well as their critiques. I felt quite sorry for Davood tonight. He got a right mauling.

It could have been an idea to ask for some napkins, or some water, so that Simon & Karen could have emptied their mouths whilst listening to the judges. Very disrespectful of them.   Evil or Very Mad

Claudia also looked lovely in her tiered black dress. The Clauditorium was a fraction quieter which was great. I'm not sure why we needed to see Aj's mum giving out the terms & conditions? Aj's parent's were also highlighted on OTT last week. Oh well, maybe the Clifton seniors will appear next week?  scratch

Zoe's got a new wardrobe! Hurray! More colour in one week, than in the past month. A couple of dresses, colourful trouser suits/jackets, sparkly jumpers. C'mon Vicki Gill, keep waving your wand.  cheers

Gethin - is he allowed out of Strictly land? Could he do some roving public straw polls, or some sneaking around the pros flats? He always seems to be lurking in the passageway! Can he hold me take me the pro & contestant's lunch boxes? I don't think that's been done since the series Chris & O la won.

Last edited by B4p on Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Gavin, Gareth, Gethin, can never remember him or his name)
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Week 8
Guess Who?

Questions:
Where can I buy some sparkly Gaffer tape?
For times of emegency - where can I get a sparkly sticker to cover my TV remote's mute button?
Where is the contestant's advocate?
The maulings are getting more frequent with no positive intervention on their behalf. Mollie, Ruth, Gemma, Jonnie, all deflated this week. Ruth & Mollie in tears. NOT what I want to see thank you very much.
Why the constant interruptions when the judges are giving their critique?
Why the contradictions of judges opinion? Are you dance trained? Is it in your job description? I think not, so button it.
Why the hand holding for the Dance Off? It's not play school time.
Why so many 'bleeding obvious' rhetorical questions? How much do you want to go to Blackpool? How much does this dance off mean to you? You were in the dance off x amounts of times now, how much do you want to stay?

Bad for my blood pressure.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:08 pm

It's becoming almost cringe worthy to watch the maulings. We are not watching Gladiators fight in the arena . It's a family entertainment show with a dance concept in. The Beeb for me after C.raig comment then Tess advising How dare you and now B,runo mauling and cavalier attitude towards Ruth and a few others need to make a statement. B,runo possibly a suspension of a week and C.raig...
I know we have a contestant leave each week but when do we belittle the two couples before the dance off? Give a little respect a little light of encouragement not laughing or the I frankly couldn't give a dam attitude ...

BeeB I hope you read the boards smell the unease and ACT
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:22 pm

One word - Oggling

Enough now. It's unprofessional, and frankly, quite creepy from women of your age. There would be hell to pay if Bru cie was caught oggling the female contestants.

By the way, I thought Claudia's green tiered dress looked fab, and T ess's yellow concoction looked very elegant.

Well done to Gethin for covering for Zoe for 2 days on ITT.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down