Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Strictly 2017

+2
saxonsiren
B4p
6 posters

Go down

Christmas Strictly 2017 Empty Christmas Strictly 2017

Post  B4p Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:54 pm

Jeremy Vine with Karen

Katie Dereham with Bren dan

Colin Jackson with Amy

Robbie Savage with Diane

Judy Murray with Neil

Kimberley Walsh with Pasha
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Christmas Strictly 2017 Empty Re: Christmas Strictly 2017

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:57 pm

Colin... Colin omg Colin cheers bounce and Robbie too..... Fabuloso
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:10 pm

Now this is the direction Strictly should take. Past competitors only. Unlike in the past where it has become a schooling week for future competitors in Strictly (the main show).

It will be great seeing if Colin still has that old magic after so long and seeing Kimberley Walsh dance again. Should be good.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:31 pm

I haven't watched a Christmas Strictly for years, and I've a feeling I won't be rushing to see it this year either.

Colin & Kimberley are the only ones who can dance!

If Amy doesn't do Colin justice, I shall book Steadycam man to charge at her (murder on the dance floor - we know a song about that)

Didn't Kimberley dance with Pasha before?

Hope Katy's got her fireproof knickers on for Bren dan. A slightly different style of teaching to An ton

What's Neil done to get lumbered with Judy? Why couldn't he have got Kimberley?

Wasn't Jeremy with Karen before? Another excuse for Karen to be stuffing her face in rehearsals (already started on the VTs featuring her ginormous lunch plate). Time to bring out the Christmas reindeer for Jeremy to ride for an xmas hoedown.

Robbie couldn't dance the first time round. Why has he suddenly be resurrected? Diane must have really p'd somebody off.

I would have liked to have seen a more evenly balanced group, dancing with pros that they didn't have the first time round.

Just give the Glitterball to Colin, or toss a coin between him and Kimberley.

Nice to see Colin again, but SO disappointed with the line-up. Mad

B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:14 am

I think a fee celebs are hoping for winter sun free holiday and diet too for IACGMOOH show... I'd like to see The Christmas Special replaced with an Easter Fortnight of four shows. 3 dances each and a mini trophy...
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:26 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I think a fee celebs are hoping for winter sun free holiday and diet too for IACGMOOH show... I'd like to see The Christmas Special replaced with an Easter Fortnight of four shows. 3 dances each and a mini trophy...

Unfortunately, Sax, TV is a business there to make money, and dance just an irritating mosquito amongs the important world of soaps, wannabe celebrities, films, advertising and sport. Thus it ever was.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:08 pm

Not a bad line-up once you look past Robbie Savage.

I want to Colin win another Xmas Spesh in the hope that if he wins enough of them it'll somehow make up for him not winning his series.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:13 pm

Sid wrote:Not a bad line-up once you look past Robbie Savage.

I want to Colin win another Xmas Spesh in the hope that if he wins enough of them it'll somehow make up for him not winning his series.
Now that really was a melt down Strictly moment. One dance away from the Glitterball and................ I don't think that memory will ever fade. I hope Amy's watched all his dances from that series to see how good he was.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:43 pm

B4p wrote:
Now that really was a melt down Strictly moment. One dance away from the Glitterball and................ I don't think that memory will ever fade. I hope Amy's watched all his dances from that series to see how good he was.

I've had sleepless night's over that on E.rin's behalf.

I know it's just a bit of Xmas fun but this'll also be a good opportunity to see what Amy can do with a decent dancer.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:19 pm

Sid wrote:

I've had sleepless night's over that on E.rin's behalf.

I know it's just a bit of Xmas fun but this'll also be a good opportunity to see what Amy can do with a decent dancer.

After all these years I still remember that show minute by minute................I don't think there has been anything like it since in terms of a massive let down?

I love the Xmas Special whoever is on it really, as it satisfies my need for a bit of an SCD 'fix' after the series has finished and there's always a bit of good old Xmas music! It has become something of a ritual in our house to settle down and watch it after stuffing ourselves at Xmas dinner!!!! (I remember when I was a kid there was always some sort of pantomime in the Xmas Day Tea Time slot).

I do like the new policy of including past competitors but agree that it is a bit of a random selection this year. After the inclusion of Melvin Odoom last year (I think he won - but not sure what his appearance was all about, I was half expecting Chizzy to pop up (and I would have been glad) I think it is a bit unfair that some contestants get to dance with their old partners, but of course I know it is dictated as to who gets knocked out early. So happy that Colin will be dancing (one of my all time favourites) and also good to see Jezza in there. However, Why Robbie Savage? As you say, where did they dig him up from? He must have a good agent or something, he is a most arbitary choice.

However, I think they probably just need to hand the glitterball to Kimberley and P asha............................ Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:48 pm

I was rather hoping for an Ed Balls comeback mauve!

It's been a few Xmases since I've watched it live. Usually a late-night treat. I'd miss it if we didn't have it though. Remember the days when existing contestants would do the Xmas Special on top of everything else? They got it easy these days!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Christmas Strictly 2017 Empty RE: Christmas Special 2017

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:22 am

Oooh Yes! Bring back Ed!!!! Very Happy

Yes all the finalists used to have to the Christmas Special didn't they? And they had to do two dances each week for quite a few weeks if I remember rightly? Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:07 am

Ed yes oh yes please... I'd like the old style Christmas Special back too.Or champion of champions mini new year series
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:05 pm

Just as long as they don't use it as a training run for celebs before having a crack at the main show then I am happy. In my eyes if you do the Xmas Strictly you should NOT then be allowed to enter the main show.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down