Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Special

+3
Sid
mauveangel09
B4p
7 posters

Go down

Christmas Special Empty Christmas Special

Post  B4p Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Did anyone see tonights ITT?  Zoe & An ton were revealing who was going to be dancing on the Christmas Special.

Abby Clancey & Brendan

Alison Hammond & Robin

Cassidy Little & Natalie

Lisa Snowden & Pasha

Tom Chambers & Oti

Harry Judd & Jo

Copied from the main Beeb site:
In this year’s Christmas cracker of a show, all six couples will each perform an enchanting and magical routine themed around a host of family favourites including Alice in Wonderland, Jack Frost and Scrooge, in a bid to be crowned Christmas champions 2015 and lift the famous Silver Star trophy.

The beautiful model and TV presenter Abbey Clancy returns to the Strictly Ballroom where she lifted the Glitterball Trophy in 2013. The Liverpudlian won Series Eleven with partner Aljaž Skorjanec, and for the 2015 Christmas Special will be partnered by the brilliant Brendan Cole.

Gorgeous Harry Judd became Strictly Champion in Series Nine, the McFly drummer partnered Aliona Vilani in 2011, but for our festive fun Jo Clifton will be his dance partner.

Hunky actor Tom Chambers won Strictly way back in 2008 with partner Camilla Dallerup, he was only the third male celebrity to lift the Trophy. For the Christmas Show, Tom will be partnered by South African Oti Mabuse, who made her debut in the UK Strictly this year dancing with boxer Anthony Ogogo.

Stunning Lisa Snowdon also featured in the 2008 Strictly and danced against Tom Chambers in the final that year. She came third, despite scoring 40 for both her Foxtrot and Cha Cha in the Final. She will be partnered by the dashing Pasha Kovalev.

Former Royal Marine medic Cassidy Little stole the nation’s hearts when he became the first People’s Strictly Champion for Comic Relief this year. He’ll be reunited with his partner from the People’s Strictly, the lovely Natalie Lowe.

The final contestant is wonderfully joyous Alison Hammond. The TV presenter became an audience favourite in last year’s Strictly due to her beaming smile, infectious laugh and fun-loving parnership with Aljaž. For the Christmas Show she will be partnered with the delightful Robin Windsor.

Strictly’s very own Mr and Mrs Claus, Sir Br uce Forsyth and Tess Daley will be delivering the Sparkles on Christmas Day, and a Strictly Christmas wouldn’t be complete without our Judges, Darcey Bussell Sprouts and her three wise men, L en Glitter Goodman, Br uno Tinsel Tonioli and Cr aig Revel Humbug will be there to bring along some joy and festive cheer and decide who is good and who is bad!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Christmas Special Empty Re: Christmas Special

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:58 pm

I saw it and I think it is a really decent line-up for Xmas Day - an 'all star' line-up - better than the somewhat random people who have been selected in the past few years. In the first years of SCD it was always winners or past contestants so like this line-up a lot and I always love the Xmas day Show but I have one beef - My Lisa is not dancing with B rendan!!!! :evil: This will honestly cloud my enjoyment of the show.

I think that if the original pro partner is dancing in the show then at least the original partnership should be recreated.
Alijaz is not dancing so why not partner Abby with Pasha DOH!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:24 am

Think I was spoiled last year with Rachel and Sophie. Not too fussed about this lot! Interesting they didn't pair Lisa with B.renda this time....won't she be too tall for Pasha?!

Good luck Nat Cassidy Laughing
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:00 pm

Very enjoyable show. Good performances by all, but Tom Chambers and Harry Judd were a class apart.Both of them brought originality and highly creditable dances to the floor. Personally, I wouldn't choose between them; maybe Tom's Charlston just shading it for its classy content and perfect execution, but some people prefer steak, some roast beef, both are different, yet both excellent. Thus it was with these two; their marks were totally deserved and they looked and danced like two professionals. Very well done and thanks for an excellent Christmas show to round the season off. Brilliant. Have a great holiday break all, and I'll see you all when I see you.....santa
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:55 am

Enjoyed the xmas show - I slightly preferred Toms charleston but like you say Tango, there was little in it between him and Harry.

A shame B.ruce not well enough to host, it didn't feel quite the same without him.  I thought Darcey really suited the black wig...but CRH looked so odd as Grumpy (with false eyelashes??)

Sad that Strictlys over for another year Crying or Very sad  I got Vincent and Flavias Midnight Tango DVD (a very old one) and L.ens autobiography as xmas presents, so that should fill the gap until Mr T's show in January

Enjoy the rest of your holiday everyone  Very Happy
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Don't know if any of you are still out there????? I meant to post last night but got caught up in Midwife and Downton Abbey.

I haven't enjoyed a Christmas SCD so much in ages - I thought it really was an 'all star' cast and thoroughly enjoyed watching all the dancers - I actually almost preferred it to this year's Final! For me there wasn't much to choose between Harry and Tom (although at the risk of sounding humbug - I did feel Tom was a bit of a ringer in the show - given his now professional stage dancing experience - a bit different to those who haven't danced much since they gave up SCD). It was brilliant seeing L isa back - only sorry that she was not dancing with B rendan but she certainly hasn't lost it and neither has A bby who from me won full marks for her gorgeous costume! I was full of admiration for Cassidy and he and Nat are a great partnership.

Great show and great to see some of my favourite Pros who got knocked out too early this year IMO! Sorry that B rucie couldn't do the show.

To anyone still reading the forum - Hope you are having a great Xmas and I wish you a very Happy and Healthy New Year - Looking forward to the next SCD already!!!! santa santa Keep Dancing!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:41 pm

I missed the Christmas special SCD and still haven't a clue who won! I shall pop it on now. ... I liked dancing on ice too and miss it too. I wish we had say a new style Come Dancing show in the Spring... Happy New Year keep dancing. .
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:00 pm

I expect by now you've all packed yourselves in tinsel in a box under the stairs until next year.. Although I watched the show live, with an uncle and male cousin who delighted in trying to spoil it for me and my female cousin (they succeeded), I have been hithering and thithering from Keswick, Norfolk, Kent, London, Norfolk and finally - just today - back home again. So have only just got the chance to sit down and come on here. But just in case anyone is still not quite wrapped up yet, here is my view:

Harry Judd's bottom was sticking out. So no 10s from me. And didn't like the Jack Frost routine.

Tom Chamber's Charleston was weird - how does a scrooge theme fit a happy go lucky dance like a Charleston? Didn't like.

Abbey's waltz - sublime. And full marks for gorgeous frockage.

Lisa was also v good - she's a bit statuesque for me which takes away from the elegance, but apart from that I can't complain.

Canadian guy - pretty awesome and I enjoyed his routine more than the other two males. Great partnership with Natters.

Alison - she tried.....

Abbey was the clear winner for me and I still have no idea why the fabu-u-lus darling one didn't give her a ten when he did for Harry's sticky-out bottom.

I can see nobody else agrees with me - all eyes on the boys...

Happy New Year everyone, and enjoy your hibernation until next September.

Keeeeeeep dancing!

PS glad Brucie was at home, tho sorry he was unwell

PPS Dame Shirley is off my Christmas card list for murdering my all time favourite Christmas Song.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:06 pm

My tinsel and all are still out until 12th night. Our Christmas guests have just left and my kitchen duties and bar duty has ended cheers Eaten me out of house and home and had to replenish beer it seemed daily! Plus we have had a serious case of Man Flu Pneumonia in the household too. Generously his passed it around the family.
I still haven't watched all the Christmas special yet!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:16 pm

Just for Diamonds if you're still around. Sorry, but not an Abby lover, never have been, and wasn't surprised to see her get the easy option, a "princess" waltz. A lingerie model dolled up in an expensive frock, two hundred pounds worth of make-up and a tiara getting a waltz to let her win? Come on, if she had I'd have thrown eggs and tomatoes at one of her millionaire footballer husband's numerous cars.

lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:08 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Just for Diamonds if you're still around. Sorry, but not an Abby lover, never have been, and wasn't surprised to see her get the easy option, a "princess" waltz. A lingerie model dolled up in an expensive frock, two hundred pounds worth of make-up and a tiara getting a waltz to let her win? Come on, if she had I'd have thrown eggs and tomatoes at one of her millionaire footballer husband's numerous cars.

lol!    

Oh. Crying or Very sad
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:02 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Oh. Crying or Very sad

Worry not D&P, it wouldn't do for us all to like the same people. She probably wouldn't like me anyway. Happy New Year and look forward to your company next autumn...x Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:07 pm

One last one from me too........

Never an Abby fan myself and didn't back her to win SCD -  but on Xmas Day I did enjoy her performance, finding it confident and elegant - and she def had the best costume.  Flying the flag for the girls - L isa did really well too - but would have liked to have seen her sweeping round the floor with B rendan to gain her rightful place as a winner (sorry Mr T)  However, as per my previous post, I really enjoyed both Tom and Harry's performances and to be honest  (apart from Alison who was obviously there to make up the n umbers but provided great fun and realism as always) I think they were all great performances - made me think about this year's lot a bit and some of their shortcomings. Very Happy   Happy New Year

BTW - loved your comment about Dame Shirley Bassey Diamonds - and on that note I am signing off.......................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down