Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strictly Final

+4
Sid
TANGOLERO
jingle
allsewnonbyhand
8 posters

Go down

Strictly Final Empty Strictly Final

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:16 am

Four couples in final,will all dance three dances, judges' pick, showdance and their favourite- I'm glad that they all get to do three, much better. And apparently Ed Sheeran is star guest! See link  below....

BBC announcement on final
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Strictly Final Empty Re: Strictly Final

Post  jingle Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:29 am

I'm glad they all get the chance to show all three dances. I guess one side-effect is that there won't be any votes transferring to someone else, which I assume used to happen after finalist 4 was eliminated (I wish they'd release voting figures, other programmes do and it's always interesting to see). Also, I suppose we'll now get three 'equal' runners-up rather than knowing who can 2nd, 3rd, 4th.

Though neither of those things bother me, I'm happier that they all get to do all their dances.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:35 pm

jingle wrote:I'm glad they all get the chance to show all three dances.

Oh joy, three lots of doing the splits and more emotional drama than Watership Down. Can hardly wait wait...

lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:00 am

TANGOLERO wrote:
Oh joy, three lots of doing the splits and more emotional drama than Watership Down. Can  hardly wait wait...

lol!

I'm with you there Tango......but I'm still optimistically hoping for a shock DO before the finals week.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:32 pm

I still think 3-couple finals work best and I want to know who finished 2rd / 3rd / 4th (it's so bizarre that we aren't told this - if you take part in a competition it's natural to want to know - for the the audience to be told - what position you finished at the end!)
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:08 pm

Hopefully at least one of the pros will be canny enough to choregraph an old-style Fred and Ginge/ Gene Kelly type showstopper in vein of Tom Chambers and Ore's.

My money is on Aljaz for that, providing Gemma gets there. The old-time ballroom stuff suits her better and this is right up Aljaz's street. If she gets that far, and they produce agorgeous, classic American Smooth-type dance with class and style, but that also has a bit of upbeat fun (as in tapdancing/QS rather than anything wackytastic), then that may be the one to clinch the glitterball.

When it comes down to it, the punters like a bit of the old school showbiz pzazz, rather than liftastic acrobatics above your head...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:05 pm

A bit disappointed that there won't be a mid-show elimination - to me it is fabric of the SCD final. Seems to be like they are watering down the final. I'm with Sid in that the final final should be three couples - I wish we could have a 3 couple final every year, it works so much better. It would be much more exciting to have a double elimination in the semi-final with the lowest ranking couple after the viewer votes going straight out and the next two fighting it out in the DO.................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:44 pm

mauveangel09 wrote: It would be much more exciting to have a double elimination in the semi-final with the lowest ranking couple after the viewer votes going straight out and the next two fighting it out in the DO.................
Wow that sounds so 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and Russian Roulette' mauve. Very exciting.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:20 am

I' like either Joe or Gemma to win. Alijaz my fav male pro and Katya after Ed and now with Joe my fav female pro dancer.. Gemma has had a few difficult weeks under marked and a confidence wobble . I' expecting Alijaz to pull out a fab show dance... He did before x
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:58 pm

I hope Gemma can step it up a peg this week. The judges don't seem to like her as much as Molly for some reason. Both are inconsistent. Mollie can be wobbly and wispy, and Gemma can have lead feet, both on opposite ends of the spectrum.

I'm rooting for Joe.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:09 am

Rooting for Joe too and Gemma my other favourite. ... Hoping for spectacular showdance and fabulous music and gorgeous costumes and hair...
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Strictly Final Empty ReL Strictly Final

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:56 pm

B4p wrote:
Wow that sounds so 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and Russian Roulette' mauve. Very exciting.

lol!   Yes - handbags at dawn!
I have the semi final results show planned out in my head.  In the first 'call out' just one couple is put through and the second couple called out is the one who has had the lowest number of viewer votes - so no judges manipulation for a place in the final for this unlucky pair - they come down and say their goodbyes and have their last dance as always.   Then back to the 2nd 'call out' with the three couples left - one more gets saved and the remaining two do the traditional dance off for the remaining final place.     Putting a couple straight out with no DO isn't new -  do you remember there was one series   (only one I think) where there was no DO?  Seems ages ago now and can't quite remember which one it was, but S id will remember because S id liked that set-up............. Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down