Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2018 Confirmed Contestants

+4
CaledonianCraig
jingle
mauveangel09
B4p
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

SCD 2018 Confirmed Contestants - Page 3 Empty Re: SCD 2018 Confirmed Contestants

Post  Moova 12 Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:26 pm

Hello Tangolero I would like to see Kate go far. I am hoping she gets Alijaz but as the tallest female I suspect Johannes. I love cricket but Graeme Swann is not one of my faves. He tries too hard to be funny. I am living in hope he can win me over like Robbie Savage did.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

SCD 2018 Confirmed Contestants - Page 3 Empty Re: SCD 2018 Confirmed Contestants

Post  B4p Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:27 pm

Johannes has been benched.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:18 am

Good and bad in the starting line-up. The good being that there appears to be no clear comedy act lined-up for this series which is usually the norm. That makes for a refreshing change. The bad being still the presence of ringers who are already well-versed in dance.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:16 pm

I know how strongly you feel about ringers CC and I tend not to root for them either as I think we all love a J-word on here. Agree there's no obvious comedy act either. I said on the other thread that I get the impression it's going to feel a bit different this year. I wonder why there is no big 'name' ? Is it budget or did no one want to do it? Is the glitter beginning to fall off the strictly machine? I don't mind not knowing the celebs because for me it makes it more about the dance, but personality inevitably comes into it with the public vote.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:48 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:I know how strongly you feel about ringers CC and I tend not to root for them either as I think we all love a J-word on here. Agree there's no obvious comedy act either. I said on the other thread that I get the impression it's going to feel a bit different this year. I wonder why there is no big 'name' ? Is it budget or did no one want to do it? Is the glitter beginning to fall off the strictly machine? I don't mind not knowing the celebs because for me it makes it more about the dance, but personality inevitably comes into it with the public vote.

I think there are varying reasons though allsewnonbyhand. A number of celebs perhaps not known to some are very well known by others ie band members with Blue and The Pussycats. Some celebs who may have been contacted reports suggest turned it down worried (would you believe) by the Strictly curse. Also some are just too busy for involvement - people like Breakfast Time Presenter Dan Walker fall into that category. I am not so worried about how well or little known a celeb is (like you) as a lot of the fun is getting to know people better as they learn. You also see sides that either disappoint or please you about celebs you thought you knew.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:52 pm

I confess this year I'll probably be a hypocrite when it comes to ringers, as Danny is my immediate favourite and yet he's also a glaring Ringer.

Anyhow, once we get to meet all the contestants then I'll probably swap allegiances. Personality does swing it a lot for me, whereas I don't like to feel that contestants are being too PR savvy or not being themselves. For example have just started watching Masterchef, and I instantly like Carol Decker from T'Pau, she's funny and down to earth and would make a great contestant on Strictly (or maybe she's already done it from the early days?)

So in some ways maybe it's better that there aren't any huge stars on the show, who bring their own PR agents. I was a little suspicious of the media circus around Alexandra last year, and wondered whether the rather divisive headlines were being created by her entourage.

On a different subject, one of the notable things about this years line-up is the relative absence of actors. I wonder how that will impact on performances (will there be a whole load of VT's featuring acting coaches).
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:23 pm

We've all done lots of speculating about the contestants and what it tells us about the direction of travel - for example are they aiming at a younger audience - but what are your thoughts about what is the  demographic  of the show audience?   I know the Beeb like to promote it as a family 8-80 show but there must be a target audience? I've always assumed that it is peeps much like ourselves, who are of " a certain age" but am I wrong? Maybe all of you are 24 and 'out out' every weekend! Smile  ( Mr T I know you try to fool us with your OAP act, I know you are a mere Spring chicken in reality- I've seen you on telly!! Wink )

As CC points out different people have heard of or are familiar with different celebs for different reasons. I've obviously heard of Trinny and Susannah - which one is it ?-to me it's like Ant or Dec  I don't know which is which  until one of them gets done for drink driving. I've never watched their programmes so to me that's not a big name whichever one it is!

Now here's a conspiracy theory for you - will the vlogger who has millions of followers get them all to vote even if they never watch the programme- just vote from their smartphones- and thereby skew the votes? Or will he get the younger people watching ? scratch

You can tell it's a wet Sunday afternoon and I'm trying to avoid housework! Laughing Laughing
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:00 pm

Hi everyone Mauve,Alls,CC,Jingle,Tango,Another SCD year beckons and I quite like the line up cyclops
Love, loved The Cat in Red Dwarf a pity Rimmed, Krypton, Lister and Holly are not joining him.
Yes a few suspicions from dropped names in press confirmed re The guy from Blue (who cannot cope with criticism, I recall from another tv show ) Graham Swan...Faye a good choice and wow never expected Kate Silverton or Katie Piper, not sure re Dr Rani yet....
Susannah mmm well we shall see. Love the comedian already.....

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

SCD 2018 Confirmed Contestants - Page 3 Empty Re: SCD Confirmed Contestants 2018

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:26 pm

Hello Sax! cheers cheers

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:56 pm

Hi Sax *waves* hope you are well! bounce
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:01 pm

Very Happy cheers hurrah great to see you all again.... Another year, another notebook of scores and comments. Lol I re read some from past series affraid lol
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:24 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:

Now here's a conspiracy theory for you - will the vlogger who has millions of followers get them all to vote even if they never watch the programme- just vote from their smartphones- and thereby skew the votes? Or will he get the younger people watching ? scratch  

Joe's support is an interesting question Allsewn. I've been watching his Strictly vlogs, and it's clear from the comments that he's introduced Strictly to a LOT of new viewers, who will vote for him regardless of ability.  Having said that, I've found his vlogs very entertaining myself, and have definitely warmed to the notion of a Youtuber as a valid 'c.elebrity'.  

One of his earlier vlogs gave more 'behind the scenes' detail about Strictly than I've seen before, plus his latest rehearsal vlog is so funny. I never particularly liked Dianne before, but the two of them together are a hoot. Neil pops up at their rehearsals too, and has a very fancy gadget for remote-controlling his car. I'll add a link to the vlog below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmudIsO8Nnk&t=2s
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:23 pm

Sorry - I just thought 'yuk' when I saw them paired off together - she looked so much older than him (sorry I'm not trying to be rude) and I just didn't rate her last year...…………… I think the 'support' might be a bit of a squib - however, do please feel free to completely correct me if I'm proved wrong in a few weeks time...………...or if I suddenly decide that they are the best thing since sliced bread (this is quite possible and has been known in past years!) Laughing Laughing

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3