Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2019 Your Favourite Dances of the Season

+2
diamondsandpearls
mauveangel09
6 posters

Go down

SCD 2019  Your Favourite Dances of the Season Empty SCD 2019 Your Favourite Dances of the Season

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:58 pm

So its all over bar the Final - there's nothing new to come now  except  (hopefully!) three great Showdances on Saturday night.   I usually put this thread up after the Final but I was thinking that I would put it up now as everyone disappears after the Final!

It would be interesting to know what your favourite dances have been this year?  We've had our usual healthy debates and differences so I'm sure there's going to be a lot of different ones this year.

I've been thinking of this since Saturday night and in a year when there has been more '10s' then any other series, for me there have been less 'stand out' routines - don't know how you feel?    

Most of my favourite dances were actually from people who have left.    I loved Emma W and Alijaz's Viennese Waltz - best one of the season for me.  Saffron's waltz also comes high up there.     I also really liked Emma W and Alijaz's Downton Abbey Foxtrot - it was just different, but different in a good way for me.      I think all the girls really cracked the ballroom this year, in a way that the boys just didn't for me.  I don't think it was much of a latin year, except the producers obsession with making everyone do the samba!

Another stand out routine for me was Catherine's rumba early on -  still for me the best rumba that was seen this season.I really loved Emma B and Housewives choice's Charleston and their American Smooth at Blackpool - just liked the way that that routine was choreographed.

Have I liked what  'K squared' have done?   (I love that way of referring to them.....courtesy of fiftynotout!) They've consistently been good but I just can't remember some of their dances  Rolling Eyes   I've liked Kelvins n umbers more than Karim for all the well documented reasons, but I liked Karim's Jive and Kelvin's Couples Choice amongst his many good dances.

That leaves my two all time favourite dances of this series from Michelle and Giovanni -   their American Smooth and the wonderful Adams Family Hallowe'en Foxtrot. xxx

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019  Your Favourite Dances of the Season Empty Re: SCD 2019 Your Favourite Dances of the Season

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:31 am

mauveangel09 wrote:

That leaves my two all time favourite dances of this series from Michelle and Giovanni -   their American Smooth and the wonderful Adams Family Hallowe'en Foxtrot.  xxx

Yup. These two for me as well.

I also confess to really liking Kelvin's Jive and I found that quite memorable and worthy of re-watching. Probably because Oti looked so sensational in her shorts and heels combo that I am now styling myself on her. But the music and styling and choreography all worked in that perfect triumvirate thatwe so rarely get on Strictly.

I honestly can't remember The Viscountess' VW, and though I remember her dressed as a maid (a maid!!!) I dont actually remember the Foxtrot. And I do remember Catherine's Rumba now you mention it (though mainly for her dress, which was a close second, or even equal first for best Rumba dress with Karen's).

I also enjoyed Karim's American Smooth - almost entirely for Amy's dress, but still.

(See, people - you have to work REALLY hard on the choreography and dancing to make me remember them over the frocks!)

So I think it safe to say, that though I was agin her as a person, Michelle would probably have been my winner. The combination of her ability to convey all the nuances and finer details and Gio's choreography were right up my street. If it wasn't for those loathsome couples choice dances, who knows how far she might have got?
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019  Your Favourite Dances of the Season Empty Re: SCD 2019 Your Favourite Dances of the Season

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:50 pm

I fear not much further - lack of viewer popularity was always going to catch up with her as it has with other great celeb dancers in the past. If the face fits and all that....
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:41 pm

There's only been two dances which I later searched for on youtube, so I guess they're my favourite dances.

Firstly, Saffron's waltz which was just about perfect in my eyes - AJ always seems to hit the mark with waltz choreography (whereas he's totally rubbish at samba, grrr). It also helped that she was given a gorgeous dress that week, and lovely staging too.

The other one was Karims couples choice contemporary, which I thought was touching -  though the public evidently didn't like as he was in the dance off that week despite scoring 38.

It's not a favourite dance as such, but probably the one perfomance which I'll remember most was Will's quickstep in week one, when he was totally overjoyed at the end and ran up to kiss the camera. I got a sense of his utter delight - just one of those spontaneous moments which are a pleasure to watch and share.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:51 pm

I love the plain and simple wash and flow of a slow foxtrot. They're the epitome of classic ballroom without the frenzy of the quickstep and adding rhythm to a stately waltz (I might have mentioned Ian and Jodie's Regency version of such a few dozen times, so pick Housewives choice dancing the foxtrot (to Begin the Beguine, with Erin in full regalia, oh, can't she's a pro and not this series anyway ) with any decent partner and you have it. Beyond that I don't have a favourite in Strictly as I have too many outside of it.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:45 am

Lots of memorable dances to choose from, but I'm looking for couple connection, and someone who opens their heart, and attempts a splash of reasonable footwork. If they look like they're having fun, then I can usually be persuaded to enjoy their dance too.

I thought Will's Quickstep was joyous to watch.

I liked Catherine's Rumba. Their Samba was also quite good, although I was mesmerised by Johannes just doing what comes naturally.

Saffron's Waltz. AJ does choreograph beautiful waltzes, although I'm not a fan of his speed of light attitude to latin dances.

Emma & Alijaz Cluedo Charleston, just for the sheer fun of it. She looked like she was really enjoying herself.

Dev's Street Commercial dance where he was Aladin. Such a shame he went out so early.

Karim's Foxtrot, and Mr Pinstripe Quickstep.

Michelle's Halloween slow Foxtrot, and A.Smooth

Chris's Jive. He looked engaged with the dance and kept up with Karen fairly well, despite not having the best technique.

Kelvin's Jive, and 'Gaston' Smooth just for the audacious OTT character acting.

Favourite so far was Michelle. A great 3D dancer of technique, character acting, and musicality. She WAS Morticia.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down