Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tartan Lounge has arrived

+30
saxonsiren
Twirlie
IAmFullOfWonder
gingercodgers
Littlebear
1superken
CaledonianCraig
MissingLilia
ChrissyAnne
Poppetlovestango
Maya53
Doll16
Lucielle
salsarae
MrsArcanum
Al
vonee21
hatlady28
dancingsunshinequeen
B4p
kate
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklysheila
tanolatino
lualen
Papillion1970
hellcatinheels
Inanna
Sadiesamba
allsewnonbyhand
34 posters

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Tartan Lounge has arrived - Page 20 Empty Re: The Tartan Lounge has arrived

Post  Papillion1970 Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:26 pm

just remember and keep me a warm seat and a cold drink for when I get back from dealing with the little cherubs Smile was thinking that it was on earlier & I'd have to record it all but now that I know it's on later I should be back in time to watch tonight but still need to record tomorrow night Sad mine is a red wine for later Housewives choice pls
Papillion1970
Papillion1970

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:28 pm

9 o' clock- that's late! I suppose we've got to wait till after eastenders or something- Oh well, get some ice and lemon ready please HC to go with my voddie and coke later.
Who's dancing tonight do we know?
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:36 pm

Whew - dinner all done and out of the way. I think a wee whisky is in order to watch the show with. Housewives choice? A glass of The Singleton before you nip backstage please. Thanks, and have fun! Very Happy
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:00 pm

Here we go...enjoy everyone!! Laughing
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:50 pm

Well that was fun. Enjoyed it a lot, especially Russell, Audley and Anita. Can't wait till tomorrow. Smile
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:59 pm

Twirlie wrote:Well that was fun. Enjoyed it a lot, especially Russell, Audley and Anita. Can't wait till tomorrow. Smile

Agree!

Looking forward to seeing how Jason does tomorrow..

Large voddie please Housewives - just to keep me going.
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:33 am

I really enjoyed Anita and Russell, thought Robbie was awful, Audley OK, but my those feet! pale how can you have things that big sticking out at the end of your legs??
All the others- didn't light my fire or relight it in LuLu's case Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:58 pm

Hello all. Hope everybody is looking forward to tonight. Great to see that C.raig was on his usual top form last night - he just doesn't miss anything!! Was a bit disappointed in the number of 7's and 8's that were being thrown about by certain judges - I just think that doesn't give them loads to aspire to. Much more realistic to stick to lower scores, at least in week one.

Some last night were obviously better than others - although I must admit that there are a few tonight that I hope don't go too far (naming no names!).

Weather here today has been rubbish - rain all day. Bit of a culture shock after the last few warm sunny days.

lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:24 pm

Hello again. Are you all looking forward to another night of fun? I'm looking forward to seeing what Edwina and Harry can do. (One of those is a joke. Can you tell which one?) Very Happy

A cup of coffee and a G&T while we're waiting please Housewives choice. Thanks a lot.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  sparklysheila Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Hiya peeps

Great fun last night - an excellent start for this season Smile

I have to admit to a secret desire for Nancy to throw a mega strop - I know its not nice of me but I just can't help it Embarassed

................... and I'm hoping Edwina turns out to be tonight's Russel affraid
sparklysheila
sparklysheila

Back to top Go down

Post  Papillion1970 Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:01 pm

lualen wrote:Hello all. Hope everybody is looking forward to tonight. Great to see that C.raig was on his usual top form last night - he just doesn't miss anything!! Was a bit disappointed in the number of 7's and 8's that were being thrown about by certain judges - I just think that doesn't give them loads to aspire to. Much more realistic to stick to lower scores, at least in week one.

Some last night were obviously better than others - although I must admit that there are a few tonight that I hope don't go too far (naming no names!).

Weather here today has been rubbish - rain all day. Bit of a culture shock after the last few warm sunny days.

Hi lualen I quite agree C.raig was on top form last night I thought L.en was going to throttle him at one point I was pleased to see he wasn't as cruel to Russell as I expected him too & he didn't give him as low points as he gave some of the others(like u naming no names) I'm not getting to see it on time tonight I'll be watching it at back of midnight tonight Sad
Papillion1970
Papillion1970

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:50 pm

B4p wrote:
allsewnonbyhand wrote: I think Robbie Savage dropped a big hint on 606 on the radio yesterday evening that he is dancing to Bad Boys by Alexandra Burke- the SCD producers obviously got a sense of humour if thats true Wink

How could you cha-cha to that tune, or are they doubting his sense of rhythm regardless of what is played? Hope it's not a home goal scratch
I must be physic! Maybe a side effect of watching Russell.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:12 pm

Evening all. It's good to be back, but it's way too hot here! I need a glass of something cool with plenty of ice. Cool

B4P wrote:I must be physic! Maybe a side effect of watching Russell.
My side-effect of watching Russell was to reach for a tub of M&S chocolate mini-bites, because he's proving you're never too big to move! No more diets for me Smile

Hope all the offspring are settling in well at new schools / unis. Does anyone remember that drama called 'Eskimo Day' that was on TV a few years ago? Maureen Lipman was in it, but I can't remember who else. It was about parents 'letting go' when their children went to Uni, and I thought it was very good. I think it's worse for parents than for young people - when you start the first year at Uni, everyone is new and looking to make friends, so it's easier to get to know people than in many other situations in life imo. Pleased to hear Allsewn Jr. has found it so!
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:17 pm

Welcome back Kate. cheers
Looking forward to seeing your broomstick riding over the song and rhyme threads
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:09 am

Welcome back Kate- will we have lots of controversies and statistical conundrums for you to sort out this year? I expect and hope so- all part of the fun!!
I do vaguely remember Eskimo Day Kate- must have another watch if I can find it anywhere. I'm a great believer in what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and that's certainly true in my case. daughter has had to draw on reserves she didn't know she had and that can only be a good thing. She's having a ball now.

Well what did we all think of the weekend? Stands outs for me were Anita Harry Russell Jason and Chelsee.They are my early favourites. There is a large number of grey contestants for me this year that I can't even be bothered to mention. I wasn't sure I would l would warm to Jason as he seems to want to do well so much - earnest is how someone put it on another thread- but actually I thought he looked as if he was enjoying it. Just needs to carry on feeling it rather than just nail it technically for him to stay up in my estimation.
Again I was surprised at how much I loved Russell- was expecting him to be the clown but I was laughing with him not at him.
I did think Chelsee looked OK in training and I wasn't disappointed...still not convinced until I see the Latin.
I think Harry will do well if he can relax .I liked him.
Anita and Robin- aw they're so sweet! I really hope she can do Latin they are a lovely partnership.

I'm also pleasantly surprised that I can say things when watching that are then picked up on by judges Maybe I'm beginning to learn about dance at last after all these years. Not anywhere near to Lost Tango's expertise, but getting more confidence in my critique! Wink

Phew, everyone who managed to get to the end of this essay, this rounds on me! Wink

allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:56 am

Cheers allsewnonbyhand, I think considering the weather, mine's a Pimms. Is it OK if we go into the garden and sit in the sunshine with it? Well, not in the full sun - too hot - but in the shade would be nice. Under that lovely tree with the dappled shade over there. Come on everyone. Lets have a picnic and chew over the first two shows! Very Happy
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  hellcatinheels Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:14 pm

What a lovely day. How are you all? Thought I would pop in for a Pimms and say hi. I thought today would be perfect for a picnic, but sadly forgot how much work that actually involves. I was like Cinderella in the kitchen yesterday afternoon and just finished in time for the show. Of course none of the family will appreciate my Stepford Wife's effort when they demolish the food when we go out.
hellcatinheels
hellcatinheels

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:21 pm

Twirlie wrote:Cheers allsewnonbyhand, I think considering the weather, mine's a Pimms. Is it OK if we go into the garden and sit in the sunshine with it? Well, not in the full sun - too hot - but in the shade would be nice. Under that lovely tree with the dappled shade over there. Come on everyone. Lets have a picnic and chew over the first two shows! Very Happy

What a very civilised idea -one last Pimms o'clock before winter sets in..! drunken
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Papillion1970 Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:57 am

Morning all Tartan Loungers how are we all this morning I hope those of you in the south have managed to get some sleep considering the heat during the night. I went out a walk yesterday it was quite pleasant at least it wasn't raining(I'm in Scotland) went out with my friends, their kids & 6 dogs!!!!!! it was fun. then I sat & watched SCD from saturday night and also put some music on my mp3 player. I'm looking to get a STRONG cup of coffee pls Housewives choice Sleep
Papillion1970
Papillion1970

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:17 am

Papillion1970 wrote:Morning all Tartan Loungers how are we all this morning I hope those of you in the south have managed to get some sleep considering the heat during the night. I went out a walk yesterday it was quite pleasant at least it wasn't raining(I'm in Scotland) went out with my friends, their kids & 6 dogs!!!!!! it was fun. then I sat & watched SCD from saturday night and also put some music on my mp3 player. I'm looking to get a STRONG cup of coffee pls Housewives choice Sleep

It was indeed VERY hot down here last night.Can't believe I kicked the duvet off on the 2nd October!
So what's your verdict on the weekend then Papillion?
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Papillion1970 Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:27 am

Hi Allsewn yep I enjoyed the shows I wasn't sure I was going to like Chelsee but she did well as did Jason. I was very disappointed with A.nton I think his confidence has been knocked over the last few years & he thinks he has to do comedy routines with his partners I just hope he listens to L.en as with Nancy being Itailan I think she will be a good dancer if she gets a chance. Smile
Papillion1970
Papillion1970

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:37 am

Papillion1970 wrote:I was very disappointed with A.nton I think his confidence has been knocked over the last few years & he thinks he has to do comedy routines with his partners

I'm afraid the comedy and "cheekie chappie" thing are wearing a bit thin. It's a shame because I've always liked Housewives choice, but I won't be surprised if this is his last year with the show. The other thing that handicaps him of course, is his complete inability to do Latin. Even if his celebrity partner has the potential to be great at it, he holds them back. I really do think his time has come. Sad

(On the other hand, he'll always be welcome to serve at the bar of The Tartan Lounge. We'd never give him the old heave-ho there I'm sure.)
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Papillion1970 Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:44 am

Twirlie wrote:
Papillion1970 wrote:I was very disappointed with A.nton I think his confidence has been knocked over the last few years & he thinks he has to do comedy routines with his partners

I'm afraid the comedy and "cheekie chappie" thing are wearing a bit thin. It's a shame because I've always liked Housewives choice, but I won't be surprised if this is his last year with the show. The other thing that handicaps him of course, is his complete inability to do Latin. Even if his celebrity partner has the potential to be great at it, he holds them back. I really do think his time has come. Sad

(On the other hand, he'll always be welcome to serve at the bar of The Tartan Lounge. We'd never give him the old heave-ho there I'm sure.)

I quite agree Twirlie latin seems to evade him but he can still pour the drinks for us here in the TL. on another tone what did everyone think of Zoe last night on ITT? I reallllllllly need a coffee this morning Housewives choice Smile
Papillion1970
Papillion1970

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:50 am

good morning fellow early bird! Tea for me Housewives Choice. Your job is safe with us.

I thought Zoe did OK, I had to rush off just before end so didn't see all of it. she will never fill our lovely Claudia's shoes, but I hope she can make her own mark. I do like the fact that she has done the show and so will have her own insight in that respect. jury's out till the end of the week... Smile
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Papillion1970 Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:16 pm

Good afternoon Allsewn I just logged back on things have been manic here today Mad hopefully it'll calm down now Rolling Eyes but I doubt it!!! never mind got my 2 days off coming up going out tomorrow night & shopping on thursday. so soory you missed the end of ITT don't know if you saw any of the interview with CRH or not but he did mention he loved Zoe's shoes & she said that they were a Homage to Claudia as they were very sparklie Very Happy
Papillion1970
Papillion1970

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next