Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little bit of my news

+14
tangoed
Redcurrant
gingercodgers
ChrissyAnne
TompsHB
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
saxonsiren
Littlebear
David Tee
133-230-44039-18180-800
fiftynotout
TashaLouise-KV-*
Pink Pinot Girl
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A little bit of my news - Page 2 Empty Re: A little bit of my news

Post  TashaLouise-KV-* Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Pink Pinot Girl wrote:
TashaLouise-KV-* wrote:Mazel Tov PPG!

Thank you Tasha! I'm very excited and very happy (and VERY nervous!!)

I bet you will look beautiful and have an amazing day!!
TashaLouise-KV-*
TashaLouise-KV-*

http://tashaontv.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:34 pm

Many congratulations PPG to you and your fiancé. flower flower Hope the weather is kind to you. How good of you to forego your honeymoon for the sake of your elderly dog. I would do the same. I have a dog and I think the world of her. Adders are a constant worry when I take her for a walk in the country.

I'm going to a family wedding early next year - haven't a clue what to wear. I'm losing weight in readiness and have lost a stone so far, I should be as thin as a rake by next year - or, perhaps not, we've got Christmas in between. Oh lordy, did I say the C word already? Rolling Eyes
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:56 am

TashaLouise-KV-* wrote:
Pink Pinot Girl wrote:
TashaLouise-KV-* wrote:Mazel Tov PPG!

Thank you Tasha! I'm very excited and very happy (and VERY nervous!!)

I bet you will look beautiful and have an amazing day!!

You are very kind! Thank you
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:57 am

Lucielle wrote:Many congratulations PPG to you and your fiancé. flower flower Hope the weather is kind to you. How good of you to forego your honeymoon for the sake of your elderly dog. I would do the same. I have a dog and I think the world of her. Adders are a constant worry when I take her for a walk in the country.

I'm going to a family wedding early next year - haven't a clue what to wear. I'm losing weight in readiness and have lost a stone so far, I should be as thin as a rake by next year - or, perhaps not, we've got Christmas in between. Oh lordy, did I say the C word already? Rolling Eyes

Thank you Lucielle! Well done on losing a stone! Brilliant. I have a secret, I'm excited about Christmas already - there, said it too!!
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:01 am

I love you congratulations PPG!! Lovely news! You will look fabulous and have a wonderful day. I'm with you all the way re the dog, I thought children were demanding enough till I got my springer! Everything revolves around her.

Lucielle- shame on you!!We can't even think about the C word yet!! Evil or Very Mad (I love it especially the build up but not just yet!)
but congratulations on losing a stone cheers
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:42 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote: I love you congratulations PPG!! Lovely news! You will look fabulous and have a wonderful day. I'm with you all the way re the dog, I thought children were demanding enough till I got my springer! Everything revolves around her.

Lucielle- shame on you!!We can't even think about the C word yet!! Evil or Very Mad (I love it especially the build up but not just yet!)
but congratulations on losing a stone cheers

Thank you very much Very Happy
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:09 am

fiftynotout wrote:Aah, glad to hear your dog's still around. We've still got the same three. One of the Dobes was bitten by an adder in May which was pretty frightening. We thought we were going to lose her, then we thought we'd lose her leg but eventually she made a full recovery. It's the same leg that's badly arthritic but she just never slows down. Yesterday she cut one of the pads in one of her front legs and this morning she twisted one of her back legs (not the arthritic one) so she ended today's walk trying to hobble on just one front leg - had to be seen to be believed!

Hi FNO, can I ask where your dog was when bitten, ie were you deep in the heart of the countryside? Is the dog able to walk once it's been bitten? I have this fear of my lovely dog being bitten and just lying there, in an isolated spot - she's too heavy for me to carry.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  TompsHB Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:29 am

133-230-44039-18180-800 wrote:Tiny pears ? Won't they go off before the big day.

I'd have thought a pearl neckline would be more appropriate but I guess your OH can sort that out on the day.

lol! lol! lol!

First laugh out loud post this season ........

Congrats PPG ... wishing you many years of wedded bliss. I'm clocking up 25 years in October ( I was a child bride BTW) I suppose the old bugger will do until someone better comes along.
TompsHB
TompsHB

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrissyAnne Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:50 am

I have a secret, I'm excited about Christmas already - there, said it too!!
Many congratulations on your engagement and forthcoming wedding. Sounds as if Christmas is going to be an exciting time for you too, are you expecting a lovely present?
ChrissyAnne
ChrissyAnne

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:53 am

Lucielle wrote:Hi FNO, can I ask where your dog was when bitten, ie were you deep in the heart of the countryside? Is the dog able to walk once it's been bitten? I have this fear of my lovely dog being bitten and just lying there, in an isolated spot - she's too heavy for me to carry.

Hi Lucielle

We walk along the towpath by the canal every morning where there are some wooded areas and some fields. We do not know exactly where it happened though. We did our usual walk and then went out for the day and left the dogs at home. When we got back her leg was a bit swollen and by the following morning the swelling had spread from her toe to the top of her thigh. The vet did an x-ray and sent her home with 3 different sorts of antibiotics (at this stage the snake bite was undiagnosed). She then stopped eating and drinking and the swelling spread up along her body right up to her chest. Back to the vet, two days and nights on a drip and they said they thought it was probably an adder bite. Long story short, the leg went messy, ended up with stitches and daily bandage changes and a three month recovery.

I don't think your dog would be totally incapacitated unless she is very small or the bite was near a main artery. Most dogs are bitten on the face and it is very rare. We were unlucky because we had a warm spring and the snakes were all waking up from their hibernation and were full of venom; it seems she got the full load!
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:50 am

TompsHB wrote:
133-230-44039-18180-800 wrote:Tiny pears ? Won't they go off before the big day.

I'd have thought a pearl neckline would be more appropriate but I guess your OH can sort that out on the day.

lol! lol! lol!

First laugh out loud post this season ........

Congrats PPG ... wishing you many years of wedded bliss. I'm clocking up 25 years in October ( I was a child bride BTW) I suppose the old bugger will do until someone better comes along.

Thank you! Very Happy
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:51 am

ChrissyAnne wrote:
I have a secret, I'm excited about Christmas already - there, said it too!!
Many congratulations on your engagement and forthcoming wedding. Sounds as if Christmas is going to be an exciting time for you too, are you expecting a lovely present?

Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to our first Christmas a Mrs .... (I am a VERY boring bride-to-be in case no-one had noticed!)
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:41 am

Pink Pinot Girl wrote: I'm looking forward to our first Christmas a Mrs .... (I am a VERY boring bride-to-be in case no-one had noticed!)

Have you practised your new signature yet?

Congratulations to both of you and may you have a long and happy marriage.

gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:42 am

gingercodgers wrote:
Pink Pinot Girl wrote: I'm looking forward to our first Christmas a Mrs .... (I am a VERY boring bride-to-be in case no-one had noticed!)

Congratulations to both of you and may you have a long and happy marriage.

All the time!! And thank you Very Happy
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:19 pm

gingercodgers wrote:

Knowing ppg only for about the last four years or so. Not that she was keen to take him up the aisle. Oh no.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:55 pm

fiftynotout wrote:
Hi Lucielle
I don't think your dog would be totally incapacitated unless she is very small or the bite was near a main artery. Most dogs are bitten on the face and it is very rare. We were unlucky because we had a warm spring and the snakes were all waking up from their hibernation and were full of venom; it seems she got the full load!
Thank you very much for that explanation. I am relieved that at least she would be able to get back to the car if she was bitten, but you say that it is rare and, fully armed with information should it happen, I shan't worry. I am so glad your dog recovered but what trauma you all went through!
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Redcurrant Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 pm

New with me? OK...

Lost my design job last December but have managed to get something else in a call centre. First little Redcurrant is almost 3 and there is another one due in January.

Posting here will be sporadic to say the least but it's great to see so many old manes still alive and kicking.

Redcurrant
Redcurrant

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:16 am

Sorry to hear the news about the job Red but OTOH it's great news that you've found another one.

Many congrats on the new addition to the family - I remember you telling us that the last one was coming (has it really been that long?)
David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  Redcurrant Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:43 am

First got to know you lot when CJ Red was on her way, she is almost 3 now and watching SCD with us. HV is her favourite so far.

Tell the others I'm here and I will catch up when I can.
Redcurrant
Redcurrant

Back to top Go down

Post  tangoed Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:38 am

Pink Pinot Girl wrote:I am going to be a Mrs in just over 5 weeks time. Mr PPG "popped" on Valentines Day and I think I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

That is wonderful news. Congratulations PPG. I am now back on DS. I cannot believe they allowed it Shocked Old name of delly if you are around. It has been a bit of a bad time in RL but improving now healthwise and all. I am really happy for you!!

tangoed

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:05 pm

Redcurrant wrote:New with me? OK...

Lost my design job last December but have managed to get something else in a call centre. First little Redcurrant is almost 3 and there is another one due in January.

Posting here will be sporadic to say the least but it's great to see so many old manes still alive and kicking.

Hi Reducurrant! Really sorry about your job. Very glad you're sorted on that front though - difficult times at the time. Many many congratualations on the new little Red!
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:07 pm

tangoed wrote:
Pink Pinot Girl wrote:I am going to be a Mrs in just over 5 weeks time. Mr PPG "popped" on Valentines Day and I think I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

That is wonderful news. Congratulations PPG. I am now back on DS. I cannot believe they allowed it Shocked Old name of delly if you are around. It has been a bit of a bad time in RL but improving now healthwise and all. I am really happy for you!!

(((tangoed))) Always lovely to "see" you. Very sorry you've had a bad time Sad But very glad to hear things are improving. Let's hope for a great series of Strictly! Thank you for your good wishes Smile Work life is way too busy at present so I won't be here much (boo hoo) for the next few weeks but hope to catch up soon. Lots of hugs xx
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Redcurrant Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Hi PPG meant to congratulate you on your news, marriage is a great thing, I can't say enough good words about it.

Enjoy the build up, relax on th day and love the rest of the life together n
Redcurrant
Redcurrant

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:15 pm

Redcurrant wrote:Hi PPG meant to congratulate you on your news, marriage is a great thing, I can't say enough good words about it.

Enjoy the build up, relax on th day and love the rest of the life together n

Thank you very much Very Happy
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sofajudge Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:52 pm

It would be foolish to pretend I didn't know about your forthcoming nuptials but it such a splendiferous event I will congratulate again. Your dress sounds beautiful.

Red, fantastic news about the forthcoming addition to the family.

My news. Well we still haven't actually managed to get married yet, due to some sad circumstances at the beginning of the year but we do still plan on a very small wedding, next year hopefully, on a small island off the Cornish coast.

I am working more these days, teaching English as a second language to Russian students via the internet. It is huge fun but takes out a lot of my free time away. I will however endeavour to keep up with this board regardless.

Mostly though, family life with our four daughters (between us), is hectic and very rewarding.
Sofajudge
Sofajudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next