Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great news and a once in a lifetime...

+8
cellar-door
Poppetlovestango
vonee21
allsewnonbyhand
saxonsiren
B4p
mauveangel09
TANGOLERO
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Great news and a once in a lifetime... Empty Great news and a once in a lifetime...

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:01 pm

It's all been under wraps so far, but it has just been announced in our local newspaper The Bolton News, that the B.B.C are giving our old local Palais de Danse (yes, it's spelled with an "s") a facelift and doing three documentary shows from there to be shown next year some time on B.B.C Two. The first show will be from folk who remember the fifties and sixties there, the second from the next generation and the third show will be about trying to get today's youth back dancing. All terrifically exciting.

The once in  lifetime bit is because as an ex member of the Palais rock and roll team from way back, and together with some two dozen old faces and friends, yours truly will be donning the blue suedes and taking part in the show. We're currently doing three weeks of rehearsals, (three hours a day, five days a week) and interviews, and Friday we are all off to Blackpool for the day, including a visit to the mecca of dance itself, The Tower Ballroom. It's absolutely great fun (if xxxxxx hard work at our ages), but we're all loving it. Our main teacher/choreographer is Jack Murphy who has worked on dance for films like Young Victoria, Bridget Jones, Vanity Fair and Pride and Prejudice, and his assistant, a lovely girl expert on movement and dance, Heidi Ashton.

Exciting? Well, just somewhat........you betcha..... cheers bounce Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by TANGOLERO on Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Great news and a once in a lifetime... Empty Re: Great News and a Once in a Lifetime Opportunity

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:29 pm

Hi Mr T Very Happy

Wow - what an opportunity - must be brilliant. Our very own celeb!
I really look forward to seeing the finished article on the telly box next year.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Great news and a once in a lifetime... Empty Re: Great news and a once in a lifetime...

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:38 pm

Hi Mauve, fantastic isn't it? The only sad note is that some old faces have sadly passed on. We're all just hoping we can hang on long enough to see the show on T.V. Most of us were around when Bill Haley and Elvis arrived on the mystery train.Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Great news and a once in a lifetime... Empty Re: Great News and once in a lifetime opportunity

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:44 pm

You'll be there!!! And hopefully longer that Bill Haley and his train!!! Laughing

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Great news and a once in a lifetime... Empty Re: Great news and a once in a lifetime...

Post  B4p Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:07 am

Wow. How fantastic. Look forward to hearing about the build up. Who knows, you may bump into The Strictly crowd at the same time
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:49 am

cheers wow
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:04 pm

Oh my that is mega exciting Mr T! How wonderful for you. You will have to wear something to give us a sign like a purple handkerchief in your pocket so that when we tune in so we can claim celebrity knowledge! Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:46 pm

Still no real idea what's happening as it's undisclosed except our part will come shortly. Working hard right now but changes are afoot constantly. I'll let you know when I do.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:41 am

I do hope ITT invites you all to appear let's start a campaign now ☺
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:07 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I do hope ITT invites you all to appear let's start  a campaign  now ☺

Still under instruction to keep it off the media Sax. All very hush hush. Next week will reveal a little. The B.B.C. Media Centre featured this, this week so I'm giving nothing away here.:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2015/dance-hall-days
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:59 pm

Lovely news - bet you're having a wonderful time (I was going to say ball, but...).

Can't wait to see you on the telly...
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi Vonee. Yes, I'm bursting to tell about the great adventure.......but I can't, yet... Sad Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:29 am

bounce Wow, that sounds brilliant Mr T! I can't wait to watch it next year. Hope the training is going well, it sounds like a lot of hard work as well as a lot of fun.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:23 pm

Well, I was out there living the birthday dream last night. bounce Believe it or not, we did a jive at Bolton's Macron Stadium in front of fourteen and a half thousand folk at half time in the Bolton v Sheffield Wednesday match. It was brilliant and the crowd response amazing. One happy dancer this morning. cheers

Great news and a once in a lifetime... Dance%202_zpsgjbt4nl3
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Looks like Anthony might be learning the Jive. He might need a lot of help! Give him a ring! Congratulations on events so far. Look forward to the big reveal
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:20 pm

Sounds a great experience Mr T. Would you be willing to partner Miss Bennett now at the Assembly rooms Very Happy
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:04 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Sounds a great experience Mr T. Would you be willing to partner Miss Bennett  now at the Assembly rooms Very Happy

She is tolerable, I suppose, but is she handsome enough to tempt me? ..... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:29 pm

“I could easily forgive his pride, if he had not mortified mine.” 

Oh Mr Darcy
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:46 pm

Here's something a bit unbelievable. The music choice for our jive (bearing in mind the average age of the group is 70,) sort of made us say...whaaaat? affraid  This is it..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1UWEMmJkzE
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:21 am

Good luck with THAT speed!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Don't know what to expect in total, but Saturday it's "lights, camera, action" time at the Palais. Last rehearsal Thursday then butterflies time.This is the big one. Wish me luck... affraid
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:32 pm

cheers Loads & loads of luck.  cheers
Go show em how it's done. As Tristan said to Jamelia, if it's your last dance, give it your best shot, and enjoy it. Tip - cross your eyes or fingers but not your legs!!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppetlovestango Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:31 pm

MrT

Wishing you all the best for Saturday.

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:00 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Don't know what to expect in total, but Saturday it's "lights, camera, action" time at the Palais. Last rehearsal Thursday then butterflies time.This is the big one. Wish me luck... affraid

bounce Best wishes,lots of luck and enjoy it! Knock em dead Mr T and do us proud.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:11 pm

Best of luck, Mr T
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next