Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here's my news ....

+18
Little Ms Hit
salsarae
Redcurrant
hatlady28
fiftynotout
Sid
BallroomBlitzzzzz
saxonsiren
MissingLilia
Cadiva
Littlebear
kate
allsewnonbyhand
chris82
Lucielle
B4p
jingle
TompsHB
22 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Here's my news .... Empty Here's my news ....

Post  TompsHB Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:36 am

What's new with me ?

Well I am going to be a granny !!!

My daughter is pregnant and a couple of weeks ago she found out that she is expecting twins. I am rather delighted to be a granny while I am still relatively young myself but at the same time I have come to the awful conclusion that it's time I grew up No
TompsHB
TompsHB

Back to top Go down

Here's my news .... Empty Re: Here's my news ....

Post  jingle Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:17 am

Many congratulations GrannyTomps (to be). And twins too? bounce bounce

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:30 am

Congratulations Tomps. I hope all goes well sunny
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:47 am

TompsHB wrote:What's new with me ?

My daughter is pregnant and a couple of weeks ago she found out that she is expecting twins. I am rather delighted to be a granny while I am still relatively young myself but at the same time I have come to the awful conclusion that it's time I grew up No

You don't have to be old to be a Grandma, Tombs.
The children will love you for staying young. Basketball bounce Many good wishes to all of you. flower
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:20 am

Hi Tomps Very Happy I can say snap to the granny as my daughter is also pregnant, not twins though just the one. I dont feel old enough to be a granny yet, although obviously I am, but I am definitely not going to grow up any time soon. Very Happy
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:01 am

chris82 wrote:

Hi Tomps Very Happy I can say snap to the granny as my daughter is also pregnant, not twins though just the one. I dont feel old enough to be a granny yet, although obviously I am, but I am definitely not going to grow up any time soon. Very Happy

Aw congratulations both! cheers Lovely news. I think it's fab to have grandchildren when you're still young ( although not just yet for me hopefully- my children take note!) Wink and -
don't ever grow up!! flower
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TompsHB Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:23 am

Well Chris, we have something in common !

Congratulations to you and your daughter .... how many weeks is she ?

I had not envisaged becoming a granny in my 40s, but now I've got my head around it I am quite excited. I will definitely not be known as granny though...... will have to think of something far trendier than that.

By the way ........ Alesha is growing on me Very Happy Very Happy

I must be going soft in my old age.
TompsHB
TompsHB

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:46 am

TompsHB wrote:Well Chris, we have something in common !

Congratulations to you and your daughter .... how many weeks is she ?

I had not envisaged becoming a granny in my 40s, but now I've got my head around it I am quite excited. I will definitely not be known as granny though...... will have to think of something far trendier than that.

By the way ........ Alesha is growing on me Very Happy Very Happy

I must be going soft in my old age.

Congratulations to you and your daughter also, forgot to say that in previous post. How long have you to wait until the babies arrive?

Her baby, a boy, is due on 15th January so she is quite away along now. The only thing is she lives in America so its going to be some sort of juggling act to try and be there at the birth because she could be a few weeks late so we are contemplating waiting until the baby arrives and then hotfooting it out there. Like you I am trying to think what I want to be called but we will probably be known as the skype grandparents Very Happy

So glad to hear Alesha is growing on you, like I knew she would but you wouldnt be told at the time tongue
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:49 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
chris82 wrote:

Aw congratulations both! cheers Lovely news. I think it's fab to have grandchildren when you're still young ( although not just yet for me hopefully- my children take note!) Wink and -
don't ever grow up!! flower

Thanks allsewn Very Happy Dont think there is any chance I will be growing up, dont think I am capable as my daughters keep telling me Very Happy
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:05 pm

Congratulations to Tomps and Chris: The Expectant Nanas (that's grandmas, not bananas, Pasha). Now get knitting ladies!

Growing up sounds like a bad idea to me. Much better to mark becoming a grandparent with a party drunken
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:43 pm

kate wrote:Congratulations to Tomps and Chris: The Expectant Nanas (that's grandmas, not bananas, Pasha). Now get knitting ladies!

Growing up sounds like a bad idea to me. Much better to mark becoming a grandparent with a party drunken

Thanks kate Very Happy

If only I could knit Embarassed
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  TompsHB Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:51 am

Oh Kate, I rather like Nana Very Happy

I knitted up a storm when I was expecting my girls but I'm not sure I can remember how to do it.

My daughter is due at the end of February Chris. Poor you being away from your girl at this lovely time of her life ... you will just have to go on an extended visit when he is born.

Any names picked out for him ? My daughter is going for another scan on Tuesday and she's hoping to find out what sex the babies are.
TompsHB
TompsHB

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:10 am

It is a bit of a bummer Tomps not being with my daughter at this time but she got married and moved to America just over 5 years ago so I suppose I am used to her not being around but it is at times like this I wish she lived nearer but it cant be helped. Yes once the baby is born an extended visit is on the cards Very Happy

Bet you daughter is excited for Tuesday to find out what she is having. I have had instructions from my daughter that any baby clothes I buy shouldnt be blue, apparently she would prefer neutral colours, fussy devil. Very Happy No names settled on yet, she has thrown a few my way that they have in mind, some of which certainly wouldnt be my choice Laughing

chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:25 am

good morning you two lovely naughty nannies! Chris -my parents lived miles away too , though not abroad, and it was such a help to have them on extended visits after each of mine were born,especially as in those days there was no paternity leave. At least nowadays we have the technology to 'see' each other through the Godsend of Skype.

Incidentally, What do you think about people being able to find out the sex these days? I know it helps with some things, but I wouldn't want to know even if I could- its one of life's most amazing surprises! One of my best friends is due in February and she is one of the few people these days it seems, who didn't want to find out. Ah well each to their own.

It's one of the many dilemmas of being a grandparent isnt it, knowing when to NOT voice an opinion? One of my colleagues has just found out her daughter is expecting, and we have had many conversations already about when to butt out. slightly easier with one's daughters, but fraught with danger with sons (and daughters in law more to the point)

Last edited by allsewnonbyhand on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:42 am

Skype is indeed a godsend Allsewn Very Happy My OH wanted to be out there on her due date but had to tell him it wasnt really practical as first babies never born on their due date, it was all going to be too open ended and daughter said she would appreciate it more if we were there after the event so that is what we will do.

I loved the surprise when giving birth not knowing what I was having but not many think that way these days. My daughter said she just wanted to know, not for any practical reason, room decoration, clothes etc. but just that she couldnt wait to find out.

I wont be voicing any opinions to my daughter unless asked then I cant be accused of interfering Laughing

chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:03 am

It sounds to me that these grandchildren are going to be very lucky indeed to have such caring grandparents. flower

There's a lot to be said for knowing the gender of a baby from a practical point of view but, apart from that, there is something rather lovely when expectant mums (I used the wrong key there and put "nuns" Shocked) say what they're having - not that it makes the slightest difference to the amount of love the baby/babies will receive.
allsewnonbyhand wrote: It's one of the many dilemmas of being a grandparent isnt it, knowing when to NOT voice an opinion? One of my colleagues has just found out her daughter is expecting, and we have had many conversations already about when to butt out. slightly easier with one's daughters, but fraught with danger with sons (and daughters in law more to the point)
Very true! Yet there are ways of subtly dropping hints without actually saying it, or making it sound like it's their idea. It takes practice though. Wink

chris82 wrote:If only I could knit Embarassed
I knitted a beautiful matinee coat once, to be told (by a friend) that people don't wash by hand any more. Not wanting to cause more work than necessary I didn't do it again, although I'll never forget the look on the faces of the parents when they saw the tiny hand-knitted coat.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:41 am

Congratulations! Lovely news.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:43 am

I knitted a beautiful matinee coat once, to be told (by a friend) that people don't wash by hand any more. Not wanting to cause more work than necessary I didn't do it again, although I'll never forget the look on the faces of the parents when they saw the tiny hand-knitted coat..

Lucielle,there is nothing nicer than little hand knitted garments for babies and a shame you were put off the idea not wanting to cause extra work because I am sure whatever you knitted would have been very much appreciated and the joy would outweigh any extra work it made.
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:45 am

Littlebear wrote:Congratulations! Lovely news.

Thank you Littlebear Very Happy
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  TompsHB Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:41 pm

I too am of the opinion that it's one of the best surprises in the world and would never have wanted to know myself. when my second daughter was born ( 15 months after the first ) I was delighted it was another girl. I had so many comments about how disappointed I must be that I was glad no one knew until she was born.

These days however I think there's very little patience around in all manner of things and people need to know RIGHT NOW !!

What surprises me more though, is if they find out the sex of the babies they are going to tell everyone else !!

I am going to buy some knitting needles and wool this week and give it a bash. At least my daughter has said she would love to get hand knitted cardigans. If all else fails I will resort to Ebay and pretend I knitted them Very Happy

As for baby names ....... my lip is bruised from having to bite it so often.

I'll spill if you will Chris. What's the harm .... they will never know Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
TompsHB
TompsHB

Back to top Go down

Post  TompsHB Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:45 pm

chris82 wrote:

I wont be voicing any opinions to my daughter unless asked then I cant be accused of interfering Laughing

As if !!!!! Razz Razz

My daughter has already said that her babies won't be getting dummies ...... I smiled and nodded in agreement whilst thinking something entirely different.
TompsHB
TompsHB

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:48 pm

TompsHB wrote:. If all else fails I will resort to Ebay and pretend I knitted them Very Happy

As for baby names ....... my lip is bruised from having to bite it so often.

I'll spill if you will Chris. What's the harm .... they will never know Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

lol! yes- do spill!!!
I bet it can't be worse than a few names I've heard in my line of work the worst recently was Bumpa- no word of a lie!! tongue
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:59 pm

TompsHB wrote:
chris82 wrote:

As if !!!!! Razz Razz

My daughter has already said that her babies won't be getting dummies ...... I smiled and nodded in agreement whilst thinking something entirely different.

I must admit I did say to my daughter that she and her sister never had dummies and I know if she can get away with it neither will her son but of course it depends on how things go.

The reason I didnt mention any of the names is that I would hate to say they are horrible names for another poster to appear and say thats what their son/grandson is called, I would be mortified. Laughing
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:01 pm

Blimey, I really hope no-one has a Bumpa on here apart from on their car Embarassed
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadiva Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:56 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Incidentally, What do you think about people being able to find out the sex these days? I know it helps with some things, but I wouldn't want to know even if I could- its one of life's most amazing surprises! One of my best friends is due in February and she is one of the few people these days it seems, who didn't want to find out. Ah well each to their own.

I didn't find out with Melon-y but was utterly convinced I was having a girl so it came as quite a shock to discover I didn't actually produce one! My SCD bump is now a nearly four-year-old called James Smile
Cadiva
Cadiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next