Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 2 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  B4p Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:34 pm

vonee21 wrote:I'm enjoying Hidden - with the delectable Philip Glenister.

Me too. I also smile at The Big Bang which is about some socially inept physicists that flat share. A bit like a Mensa type of 'Friends' only funny.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 2 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  lualen Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:49 pm

Just watched the final day of Celeb Masterchef on BBC1. I haven't been watching all the way through as I still have not got used to the idea of this as 'Daytime TV'. However, I do like to watch finals week, especially when they cook for top chefs and then announce the winner after the final dishes are cooked for John and Greg.

Anyway, at the end the three of them were all standing there, waiting to see who had won, and the voiceover came 'watch on Saturday night to see who has won'.

What's the point of putting the whole series on daytime then only announcing the winner on evening primetime? (Yes, I do know really, it's all about ratings. Plus the fact that they got so many complaints about showing it during the day.)

Anyway, now got to remember to watch on Saturday night!

Suspect that I am not the only one annoyed - if I had known I would have just watched the whole thing on Saturday night and not wasted almost an hour this afternoon. I suspect that the BBC will get several complaints on Points of View!!
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Lualen,
I've only caught the end of Celeb Masterchef a few times, because it's on immediately before Strictly on Saturday, but I'm guessing Phil Vickery will win. Unless he's done something horribly wrong in the final week, his cooking's been way better than the others for the past few weeks.
I'd like him to cook me dinner, actually! Although not cauliflower ears, obviously. Smile
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:17 pm

lualen wrote:

What's the point of putting the whole series on daytime then only announcing the winner on evening primetime? (Yes, I do know really, it's all about ratings. Plus the fact that they got so many complaints about showing it during the day.)

Suspect that I am not the only one annoyed - if I had known I would have just watched the whole thing on Saturday night and not wasted almost an hour this afternoon. I suspect that the BBC will get several complaints on Points of View!!

I've watched it most days and caught up with the rest when it's been repeated on a Saturday so i expected the final to be on a Saturday.Strange time to be on really and plenty of comments about the timing on the points of view board.
Would love Phil to win it, he's worked hard and is a lovely chap but Kirsty has done well to come as far as she has.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:18 pm

Liking SPY on sky 1. Hapless IT geek becomes MI5 spy - funny. Don't know the guy in the title role but Robert Lindsay is in it too. He plays The Examiner - he wears a wig n beard in this and looks a bit like Alan Sugar! Has the tendancy to fire metal discs across the room at random...

So far very good
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:36 pm

vonee21 wrote:Liking SPY on sky 1. Hapless IT geek becomes MI5 spy - funny. Don't know the guy in the title role but Robert Lindsay is in it too. He plays The Examiner - he wears a wig n beard in this and looks a bit like Alan Sugar! Has the tendancy to fire metal discs across the room at random... So far very good
Unfortunately, I don't have Sky so haven't seen this but with Robert Lindsay in it's not surprising it's funny. Seen him on talk shows and he is looking a bit like Alan Sugar with his beard. He's a funny guy in real life too.

Just caught up with my recording of an Audience with Barry Manilow. Wasn't going to record it, but glad I did. He really is a wonderful musician, song writer and consummate performer. The show just filled me up with happiness and that's what I call enjoyment. Very Happy
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:10 pm

Anyone watching Frozen Planet? Excellent stuff from Sir David as usual. Gorgeous photography and lots of beautiful animals. And there are some really weird creatures under the ice. What a Face
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 2 Empty Other TV Programmes you like or loathe

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:31 pm

Yes Vonee - I saw 'Frozen Planet' tonight - lots of polar bears frollicking - great photography and very enjoyable.

Like:
Agree with B4P - 'Big Bang Theory' is brilliant - not your average US comedy - different and very funny. 'American Dad' cartoon also makes me titter.
There is another comedy called 'Trollied' that has been running for a bit on Sky 1 - in the vein of 'Early Doors' etc - All set in a supermarket with some great characters - very very funny, I'm sure it would have a higher profile if it was on the beeb or C4.

I'll be really sad when 'Downton' ends Crying or Very sad

The first two episodes of 'Young Apprentice' have been hilarious - maybe for the wrong reasons but very watchable.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:40 pm

vonee21 wrote:Anyone watching Frozen Planet? Excellent stuff from Sir David as usual. Gorgeous photography and lots of beautiful animals. And there are some really weird creatures under the ice. What a Face
mauveangel09 wrote:Yes Vonee - I saw 'Frozen Planet' tonight - lots of polar bears frollicking - great photography and very enjoyable.
Have just caught up with the recording. Extremely good. Don't you just love the penguins. Goodness me how talented and what a National Treasure David Attenborough is. I love you

mauveangel09 wrote:I'll be really sad when 'Downton' ends Crying or Very sad
Me too, will be catching up on tonight's episode shortly.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 2 Empty The X-Factor

Post  Lucielle Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:23 am

Anyone watching The X-Factor?Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 2 1076-shrug
Competition hotting up now.
Two eliminations last night: shock exit for The Risk (should have been Frankie Cocozza imo)
Expected exit: Johnny

My thoughts:
I liked Kitty's show song which won her a reprieve.
Janet Devlin - don't understand her appeal.
Think Misha will win. Don't particularly like her, but there's no getting away from the fact she has natural talent and bags of confidence.
Would like C raig to win, he has a unique voice.
Louis and Gary Barlow entered into a slanging match and it wasn't pleasant. No Stoppit, Gary, else I'll go off you. (That should do it! Laughing)
Any more thoughts anyone...?
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Frozen Planet is truly breathtaking. I don't know how they manage to capture some of the stuff they do.

Still get upset thinking about THAT seal though Sad Naughty killer whales!

Anybody watching Junior Apprentice? I'm very impressed with young Zara. She's got a good head on her shoulders that one.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:23 pm

I'd like to know how long it took to capture the caterpillar. What a life to have,it slept for years.

I think Zara has a good head on her shoulders and seems a nice girl. It's James that I can't make my mind up about. One minute he makes me laugh and the next minute he leaves me suspicious.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:47 am

Apparently, it won't. Here is an article which explains.
Caught up with it tonight, anyone who hasn't - look away now.

What a rollercoaster of emotions: happiness, sadness, fear, dismay, anger - it's all there! I had an inkling last episode that Robert would be tempted by Jane, am relieved that he did the honourable thing, although we know from history the Lord of the Manor frequently had "flourishing" liaisons with his staff, so it was bound to happen at some point.

And the rollercoaster romance of Matthew and Mary had me covering my face and looking at it between my fingers. Anyone notice Matthew's odd pursed-mouth kiss. Perhaps that's how the aristocracy kissed in those days, not very romantic, reminded me of my first kiss. Laughing
Did John Bates kill his wife? Shocked
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:54 am

Lucielle wrote:Anyone watching The X-Factor?Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 2 1076-shrug
Two eliminations last night: shock exit for The Risk (should have been Frankie Cocozza imo)
Frankie Cocozza has left the competition. cheers Believe he was pushed - wonder what he did? Shocked
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:03 am

Sid wrote:Frozen Planet is truly breathtaking. I don't know how they manage to capture some of the stuff they do.
Still get upset thinking about THAT seal though Sad Naughty killer whales!
I deliberately don't watch when I know a killing is coming up. I'm assuming that's what happened to the seal. It's sufficient to know it happens - and has to - but I can't stomach actually seeing it. No
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Lucielle wrote:
Lucielle wrote:Anyone watching The X-Factor?Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 2 1076-shrug
Frankie Cocozza has left the competition. cheers Believe he was pushed - wonder what he did? Shocked

I think he was bragging about cocaine use Lucielle.

gingercodgers wrote:I'd like to know how long it took to capture the caterpillar. What a life to have,it slept for years.

I think Zara has a good head on her shoulders and seems a nice girl. It's James that I can't make my mind up about. One minute he makes me laugh and the next minute he leaves me suspicious.

I need to see more of James too. He's quite good at rounding up customers when they're out selling. But then he'll say or do something daft like he's not good n.umbers (despite his Economics qualification).

Last edited by Sid on Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:18 pm

Lucielle wrote:
Apparently, it won't. Here is an article which explains.
Caught up with it tonight, anyone who hasn't - look away now.

What a rollercoaster of emotions: happiness, sadness, fear, dismay, anger - it's all there! I had an inkling last episode that Robert would be tempted by Jane, am relieved that he did the honourable thing, although we know from history the Lord of the Manor frequently had "flourishing" liaisons with his staff, so it was bound to happen at some point.

And the rollercoaster romance of Matthew and Mary had me covering my face and looking at it between my fingers. Anyone notice Matthew's odd pursed-mouth kiss. Perhaps that's how the aristocracy kissed in those days, not very romantic, reminded me of my first kiss. Laughing
Did John Bates kill his wife? Shocked

What a relief! Thanks for the link Lucielle.
I sort of thought after the episode that they really couldn't finish it completely after the 'wide open' ending. It will be interesting however as to how they take it forward into the 1920s as there would have to be a different look and feel - costumes, hair etc and I think (from reading things) that in real life the 'downstairs' structures changed a lot after the first world war. I always thought that 'Upstairs Downstairs' moved forward quite well in this respect and the last series is one of my favourites (despite Mrs Bridges and Hudson never really looking any older even though the series went right through to 1930) showing my age here - although in my defence I have watched a lot of the repeats that have been shown on ITV3 in recent times!

Young Apprentice - loved it this week. Is James the Irish boy? If so, I loathed him the first few episodes but this week I thought he was really amusing and I warmed to him. I think the dynamics were better on both teams with the boys and girls mixed up - even Harry M had calmed down. I think that in the first two weeks the girls made some really big mistakes but got 'lucky' enabling them to win, so I was glad that there were finally some boys on the winning team, particularly Harry H who is the only boy I really rate as a potential winner. I did however really feel for the other team because their actual flower arrangements were beautiful. I didn't think it was really Hannah's time to go but I was squirming when she took the two wrong people back into the room, when really it should have been a much easier choice...................... Very watchable. Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:39 pm

Sid wrote:
Lucielle wrote:
I think he was bragging about cocaine use Lucielle.
Really, then that's understandable. Hope people will rally round to help him. I see his appearance has been edited out of the X-Factor contestants' M&S advert, although he's still on the recording, although you barely notice his voice it's that bad!

Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Thursday nights have just got better...BBC2 Rev at 9.00 and then Gervais and Merchants new comedy Lifes too Short at 9.30 (totally un-PC but very funny imo, Liam Neeson's scene was hilarious...am looking forward to the episode with Johnny Depp)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:26 pm

Agree re Thursday nights loved Rev and Lifes too short! Now thou its IACGMOFH time!!! whoohoo who this year will fake faint? Who will strip under the shower first for my bikini wear launch career? Who will argue first? Will Ant & Dec have a squabble for real?

Love the silliness of the show for a few weeks so im hooked!!!

Ooh imagine the stars of Downton in the show as a whole team be surreal!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:50 pm

I don't watch IACGMOFH, but have just read that Dougie from McFly is going into the 'jungle'. Are McFly bidding to take over the world? Will Danny or Tom be the next Italian Prime Minister??? Harry got the better deal with Strictly!

I'm looking forward to the new series of Garrow's Law tonight. I found the first 2 series very interesting as well as entertaining - in that it shows how different the criminal justice system was at the start of the Georgian period, and how the rights we take for granted now were first introduced. I hope they don't get bogged down in the characters' personal lives this series, because the court cases (based on records of real trials) are the best bit imo.
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya53 Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Well have just watched the 2nd part of Martin Scorcese's film about George Harrison and am in tears. Big part of my life, the first band I ever saw live - aged 13, climbed out my bedrom window to go cos my parents forbade be. Was grounded for a monh but it was worth every minute. Have a painting on my wall of them, done by an unknown painter, bought it an anuction, also have the programme signed by all four - I tell my som it is his inheritance - now watching the story of the Beatles. Fantastic tele, and brings back my youth in a way not other genre does.
Maya53
Maya53

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:44 pm

Maya53 wrote:...... aged 13, climbed out my bedrom window to go cos my parents forbade be. Was grounded for a monh but it was worth every minute.
I did that once when I was 13, climbed out of the bathroom window (on ground floor) and was so unnerved that I'd done it that I climbed straight back in again.
Maya53 wrote:Have a painting on my wall of them, done by an unknown painter, bought it an anuction, also have the programme signed by all four - I tell my som it is his inheritance...
The painting may be as/more valuable than the signatures. Look for a mark usually bottom left hand corner. You never know... Wink
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:54 pm

kate wrote:I'm looking forward to the new series of Garrow's Law tonight. I found the first 2 series very interesting as well as entertaining - in that it shows how different the criminal justice system was at the start of the Georgian period, and how the rights we take for granted now were first introduced. I hope they don't get bogged down in the characters' personal lives this series, because the court cases (based on records of real trials) are the best bit imo.
I watched The Jury last week. Very good, I thought. With Julie Waters and Anne Reid in it, you can't go far wrong. Was surprised that the substitute jurer was never rumbled. Shocked and I liked the twist at the end.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:48 am

I watched The Jury last week. Very good, I thought. With Julie Waters and Anne Reid in it, you can't go far wrong. Was surprised that the substitute jurer was never rumbled. and I liked the twist at the end.

I watched the Jury too. As often happens with these 5-nighters,I felt the ending wasn't as good as the build up, but it did keep me hooked all week. Although the sub wasn't rumbled, there was poetic justice in that her boss didn't succeed after all the deceit anyway.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next