Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 26 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:24 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

I watched Informer and enjoyed it a lot for all the reasons you say.

I saw the trailers of Care and knew I couldn't watch it.  Way to near the knuckle for me - it's enough to live the reality without re-living it through a TV drama.  Even seeing the trailer really hit a nerve :-(18 months ago that was me and my mother.  It took a crisis in order for her to get the appropriate help and care.  It's all ok now - inasmuch she has the correct care in place. But it's not alright inasmuch as she is not the person she was or should be - and I miss her)
I know what you mean D&P - I lost my mum 10 years ago - she was way too young and had vascular dementia. It's a horrible horrible disease - as you say you lose them while they're still alive and it's so sad. I'm glad your mum has the right care in place. My dad put himself in hospital trying to care for mum at home ( none of us live nearby) so after that we had to find a care home. They were lovely but I just used to cry every time I went there. 
On a similar but brighter note, did anyone watch the nursery children in the care home? Those relationships were so lovely.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 26 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Hello *waves*
Happy New Year to anyone reading this, I haven't posted on the other threads because after reading your reviews I won't bother watching Greatest dancer and I've never really got into DOI. 
Anyway, the reason I popped in was to say just been on Netflix and the new series of Grace and Frankie returns on 18 Jan- whoop whoop, very much looking forward to that! cheers
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:46 pm

Happy new year to you too Allsewn.

Oh fab, a new series of Grace and Frankie!! I watched all the episodes last year after your recommendation, and loved it. Although I'm a little apprehensive about seeing whether Jane Fonda has had yet more work done, it's a bit weird seeing her looking younger when the rest of the cast are age-ing. I've just watched the most recent series of Luther, and Hermione Norris seemed a little 'rejuvenated' as well.

You haven't missed anything with the Greatest Dancer Allsewn, first show was so disappointing. I noticed lovely Oti was brought onto BBC Breakfast this morning to promote/defend it. Not sure why that task was left to her, seeing as Cheryl is the top judge (or captain or whatever).

Anyone got any other recommendations? I watched the first episode of a new Victorian craft show this evening (think it was on BBC2) - quite enjoyed it, although it wasn't as interesting as the Pottery Throwdown or Sewing Bee.

Loving the new series of Two Doors Down, also the new series of Catastrophe.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:21 am

Oh, I forgot to mention the new series of Death in Paradise. I've always enjoyed it- pure escapism, lovely scenery and daft plot lines. Really sorry to see that Danny John Jules isn't in this series though, I'm not sure if it was filmed during Strictly, but I hope it's not a permanent departure for him.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:54 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote: 
Anyway, the reason I popped in was to say just been on Netflix and the new series of Grace and Frankie returns on 18 Jan- whoop whoop, very much looking forward to that! cheers

confession time....I just binge-watched the whole series!! I won't give anything away, but let me know when you've finished it Allsewn and we could compare notes.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:54 am

Tuesday evenings have suddenly become TV night for me.....Portrait artist of the year, Sewing Bee, and then Shetland. Three of my all time favourites!!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:15 am

I've been watching the series being shown on Channel 5 about the 'Red Arrows' really interesting and enjoyable - it is based on last summer's display team - which we actually saw live at an air show. The episode this week showed them doing the flypast for the RAF 100 last year.
''
I see that there is a new series starting this Sunday - 'Baptiste' based on the retired detective who was the star of the brilliant 'The Missing' series - both of the series were two of the best things I have ever seen on TV - so I'm really looking forward to this one.

BTW - although it pains me to say it - I think 'Call the Midwife' might be approaching its 'sell by' date. I still enjoy watching it every week - perfect Sunday night fodder for me but somehow I don't feel it has translated to the 1960s too well. Whilst I love the 'old' characters and Nurse Crane has really come into her own, the newer characters lack depth for me. It seems to have moved away from being gritty stories about individual folk into constantly tackling social issues. You might disagree with me and I can't quite put my finger on what has changed with it but it used to be more believable somehow - although at least Trixie got a better storyline this week, beyond sharing beauty tips!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:29 pm

I watched all six of the Red Arows programmes Mauve, totally fascinating. The whole thing was incredible in it's daring and precision. Magical series. R.I.P to the poor lad killed in action.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 26 Empty Re: other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:37 pm

Yes Mr T - that was a terrible loss - you just don't think of something like that happening to the 'back room boys' so to speak. Total respect to him and the support team.
'lest we forget'

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:59 pm

So I'm post op recovering and also mourning G.O.T ending pale I've tried very hard to get into Summer of Rockets. It's so slow but thinking end of episode 2 tweaking my curiosity. Timothy Spall I didn't recognise at first looked quite gaunt...
Gentlemen Jack I've saved and shall watch at weekend.
Loving Good Omens on Amazon with Michael Sheen & David Tennant bounce just love Terry Pratchett's series and Neil Garmin's input too... Hoping second series too.
Patrick Melrose I invested time and enthusiasm for only for it to be a 5 part drama only.Fab but I wanted more Surprised

So tried American God's mmmm yup sooner watch paint dry it's no G.O.T....
Any suggestions for a new series/box set longer than 1 season please???

Hope all well xx
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:32 pm

saxonsiren wrote:So I'm post op recovering and also mourning G.O.T ending

Oh dear, more surgery Sax? Whatever it is I wish you a speedy recovery flower

I must be in the minority of people who's never read or seen Game of Thrones - though I'm quite happy that N Ireland seems to be full of tourists on GOT sightseeing trails. Maybe I'll get around to watching it one day, although I've heard a lot of complaints about the finale.

There doesn't seem to be much worth watching at the moment Sax. The only joy which I've recently discovered is 'What we do in the shadows', still on iplayer. I love quirky comedies, and this one is fabulous.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:26 pm

Wishing you a steady recovery sax flower

I've been enjoying 'Endeavour'. I used to like Morse but I think now that I actually prefer Endeavour, although I don't really equate the 2 characters. It's set mostly in the 60s, so I like the nostalgia trip. You can see how he's portrayed as a bit of an oddball and loner, a bit too clever to fit in with his contemporaries.

The other programme I'm watching is Nick Slater's Middle Eastern Travels and Cookery programme.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:14 pm

Thank you Jingle & B4u.. Hope this is the final op for me. Love Endeavour too and I still haven't linked the two ages of More as one individual yet either... I also love Lewis so enjoying a few re runs there too.
Love to visit NI and the G.O.T trails too.
A few series spiked interest we generally thou get great dramas in the Autumn due I guess to longer evenings inside.

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:57 pm

B4p wrote:

I've been enjoying 'Endeavour'. I used to like Morse but I think now that I actually prefer Endeavour, although I don't really equate the 2 characters. It's set mostly in the 60s, so I like the nostalgia trip. You can see how he's portrayed as a bit of an oddball and loner, a bit too clever to fit in with his contemporaries.

Exactly right B4p. I never thought anyone could follow John Thaw in the Morse character but Sean Evans is doing a great job. I'm a Morse fan from way back, but the current (and preceding )series is excellently cast throughout. This was my version of Fred Thursday for fun...

https://i.servimg.com/u/f81/18/59/08/36/dsc09111.jpg
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:40 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

This was my version of Fred Thursday for fun...

https://i.servimg.com/u/f81/18/59/08/36/dsc09111.jpg

Cool very film noir Cool
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:16 pm

Hurray for the return of the Bake Off!!  Only small quibble is that the editing makes it all rather obvious who's going to leave, but that's just a minor thing, I love it!

On the other hand, I chanced upon C.elebs on the Farm on channel 5, and was bemused to see Artem on it.  I remember Gleb did the show last year (I think he won it), but if Artem has joined the 'reality show circuit'  I wish he'd chose the Jungle, c.elebrity Masterchef or Dancing on Ice instead.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:35 pm

jingle wrote:
I chanced upon C.elebs on the Farm on channel 5, and was bemused to see Artem on it.  I remember Gleb did the show last year (I think he won it), but if Artem has joined the 'reality show circuit'  I wish he'd chose the Jungle, c.elebrity Masterchef or Dancing on Ice instead.
I was a bit surprised to see he'd left DWTS
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:25 pm

Love The Bake Off now on channel 4 built in cuppa advert breaks Very Happy Getting used to Pru but Billy wood just doesn't do it for me...I'll have to check down on the farm. Love it if Artem had starred in The Jungle. I'm fed up of GC posts on phone/tablet, car radio arghhhh enough of the woman purleassse
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:44 pm

Anyone watching The Capture? The tension in episodes 3 and 4 is unbelievable. I was left in a quivering heap at the end...

I didn't watch War and Peace, so this is the first time I have seen Callum Turner in anything. He has a real presence and is pretty without being in yer face. Reminds me of a cute fox (it's his narrow eyes and slim face I think!). Holly Grainger is going from strength to strength in more and more gritty roles. Some great support actors too.

It was hyped as the new Bodyguard but, Richard Madsen and Keeley Hawes aside, I think this is much better. The Bodyguard had all of the tension in the train scene in episode 1, got rid of one of the main characters in episode 3 and went downhill from there. This started veerrrryyy slowly - I nearly didn't make it throught episode 1 - but has been ramping up the tension increasing each week. It makes no sense at all (unless you are a real genius; or the scriptwriter...) but episode 5 starts to give some answers to the gazillion questions swriling in one's brain... And it's premise is a very intriguing and thought-provoking one.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:10 am

diamondsandpearls wrote:Anyone watching The Capture? The tension in episodes 3 and 4 is unbelievable. I was left in a quivering heap at the end...

I didn't watch War and Peace, so this is the first time I have seen Callum Turner in anything. He has a real presence and is pretty without being in yer face. Reminds me of a cute fox (it's his narrow eyes and slim face I think!). Holly Grainger is going from strength to strength in more and more gritty roles. Some great support actors too.  

It was hyped as the new Bodyguard but, Richard Madsen and Keeley Hawes aside, I think this is much better. The Bodyguard had all of the tension in the train scene in episode 1, got rid of one of the main characters in episode 3 and went downhill from there. This started veerrrryyy slowly - I nearly didn't make it throught episode 1 - but has been ramping up the tension increasing each week. It makes no sense at all (unless you are a real genius; or the scriptwriter...) but episode 5 starts to give some answers to the gazillion questions swriling in one's brain...  And it's premise is a very intriguing and thought-provoking one.

Yep, saw the finale last night. Agree, it was very good, they got the tension just right.

Did you also watch A Confession (with Martin Freeman)? Some interesting crossover between the two even though A Confession was based on a true story. Just shows, the law is an ass, and the lengths the criminal justice system have to go to.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:27 am

In addition to sport, I'm a lover of history and religious history, I've been watching the documentaries on the Vatican and Irish "The Troubles"programmes, Jerusalem and Ancient Egypt. For drama I'm going back through the Silent Witness series and keeping an eye on The Capture. Not a soap in sight.. Wink

p.s. Even as a fanatical Jane Austen lover, I've avoided "Sanditon" as it was only a part written work by J.A, confusing from her and now the product of screen writers imaginations. I'll stick with the rest I know.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:55 pm

So far I've enjoyed World On Fire and hoping it continues to be gritty and we'll acted so far. Sandon however just can't say enjoyable or feel as if it's Jane Austen's creation. I know only so many words written 24.000? If she had of finished it would it have been better? Or still a wet blanket story? Just feels as if bits from other books popped in and let's build it around Girl meets bloke, feels awkward and put down. Bloke meets Girl and considers her not worthy of attention and irritating. Girl sees Bloke in new light and feels differently about him. Bloke sees lovely side to Girl maybe worthy of attention after all! Full gallop towards a joint kiss and ding dog  there goes the wedding bells.

Still loving Bake off despite one of my 3 going this week.( episode 1 always choose 3) 2 still in it hurrah .Love Pie week so happy see savouries .
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:57 pm

Yes, I'm still loving Bake Off too, though sort of hoping for a shock Steph elimination because as it stands she's too far ahead.

Just want to highly recommend Giri/Haji which has started on BBC but all 8 episodes are on iplayer (I binge-watched!). If you can get past the first episode which is a little slow then the storyline becomes addictive. I won't give plot lines away, but there's a scene in the final episode which is the best use of contemporary dance I've ever seen in a drama. I was mesmerised by it.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:03 am

I'm gutted re Henry going and now Rosie Evil or Very Mad pale Sad Sad Travesty.... how could Rosie go after winning the Technical which btw looked awful & wouldn' t tempt me in shop Window. Agreed with panel on the extra slice. David dodged bullet to me.

Also loving The Name Of The Rose on BBC 2 a sort of Shardlake /Sherlock detective but in a Monastery Tango hope you have watched it?

Now Rugby whooohooooooo
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:33 pm

Well I've just discovered 'Chase the Case' which is on BBC2 at 16.00-16.45. I really like it
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next