Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here's my news ....

+18
Little Ms Hit
salsarae
Redcurrant
hatlady28
fiftynotout
Sid
BallroomBlitzzzzz
saxonsiren
MissingLilia
Cadiva
Littlebear
kate
allsewnonbyhand
chris82
Lucielle
B4p
jingle
TompsHB
22 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Here's my news .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Here's my news ....

Post  TompsHB Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:29 am

The twins are boys Smile

Oooerr ! Never had a baby boy in the family so it will be all new to me.

Pity I knitted a pink cardigan ..... oh well !
TompsHB
TompsHB

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:14 am

TompsHB wrote:The twins are boys Smile

How much longer to go Tomps?
Blue babies are just as gorgeous as pink ones (I'm lucky enough to have one of each although sadly not babies any more)- all I will say is you become very adept at taking cover when changing boys' nappies!! Embarassed
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:48 am

Lovely news Tomps Very Happy

It could have been worse, you might have knitted two pink cardigans Laughing
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:19 am

Just to let you all know, StrictSue became a proud granny again, last week! drunken

She has a lovely new grandson... over 91bs (ooooh!) Shocked

I'm afraid I can't join in the Strictly Exiles Glamorous Granny Club as we've no children, but do have 13 nephews and nieces who between them have produced 16 great nephews and nieces, and I have 6 godchildren. Does that qualify me for 'honorary' membership???? Wink

MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:53 am

MissingLilia wrote:Just to let you all know, StrictSue became a proud granny again, last week! drunken

She has a lovely new grandson... over 91bs (ooooh!) Shocked

I'm afraid I can't join in the Strictly Exiles Glamorous Granny Club as we've no children, but do have 13 nephews and nieces who between them have produced 16 great nephews and nieces, and I have 6 godchildren. Does that qualify me for 'honorary' membership???? Wink

flower flower flower flower

Congrats and in my book YES you do qualify for honorary membership

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TompsHB Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:19 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:

How much longer to go Tomps?
Blue babies are just as gorgeous as pink ones (I'm lucky enough to have one of each although sadly not babies any more)- all I will say is you become very adept at taking cover when changing boys' nappies!! Embarassed

Babies are due the first week in March, so quite a way to go yet.

Glamourous Granny club .... I like it !! Very Happy Very Happy

Congrats to Sue and come on in and join the club Saxon ..... the more the merrier !!

I bought some blue wool today. I have no idea why I knitted a pink cardigan ... wishful thinking I suppose.
TompsHB
TompsHB

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:25 pm

MissingLilia wrote:Just to let you all know, StrictSue became a proud granny again, last week! drunken She has a lovely new grandson... over 91bs (ooooh!) Shocked I'm afraid I can't join in the Strictly Exiles Glamorous Granny Club as we've no children, but do have 13 nephews and nieces who between them have produced 16 great nephews and nieces, and I have 6 godchildren. Does that qualify me for 'honorary' membership???? Wink
Lil you need a medal (shame there isn't an avatar for one) Congratulations to StrictSue and family. Hope everything's going well. I love you
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Thanks for the welcome into the Exiles Glamorous Granny Club as an honorary member, Sax. Smile

Thanks for the virtual medal, B4P. flower

I'm getting off lightly this year... most of them 'only want money' for Christmas so that they can choose their own X-box/DS games/I tunes/dowloads/designer top or whatever etc. etc. and I have only one school Christmas concert and one school Christmas fete to attend this year. santa rendeer

Though I have to be honest and say I really miss all the nativity plays and carol concerts from when they were all younger...... ahh bless! But I do have one new 'Baby's first Christmas' this year, so am looking forward to resuming the nativity plays in about 3 -4 years time. Not to mention the glitter filled calendars and paper lanterns for the tree......
MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:02 pm

MissingLilia wrote: I really miss all the nativity plays and carol concerts from when they were all younger...... ahh bless!
Hi Lil - Have you read any books written by Gervaise Phinn? He's a School Inspector in the Yorkshire Dales and has a book recalling some of the school nativity plays he's attended over the years. He's very funny. If you can't laugh reading his books you must be sucking Bostik. jocolor
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:06 pm

B4p wrote:
MissingLilia wrote: I really miss all the nativity plays and carol concerts from when they were all younger...... ahh bless!
Hi Lil - Have you read any books written by Gervaise Phinn? He's a School Inspector in the Yorkshire Dales and has a book recalling some of the school nativity plays he's attended over the years. He's very funny. If you can't laugh reading his books you must be sucking Bostik. jocolor
Sorry to butt in, but I know Gervaise Phinn, I've actually listened to one of his after-dinner speeches. He is a wonderfully funny man!
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:24 pm

I love the bit where Gervaise tells the children that the baby is called Jesus and some bright spark argues with him that the babby's called Wayne cos thats the song 'a Wayne in the manger' and a little girl talks about a relative who has a dog 'who were mangy'. Priceless Razz

I shall make an effort to see him when he's next in town. I love that sort of humour
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:09 am

Cheers B4P!

I have heard of him, but I haven't read any of his works.

On reading your and Lucielle's comments, it sounds like just the thing to read over the Christmas break, so will add to my wish list or else download an audio version, if there is one.

(In view of Lucielle's comment, I wonder if he narrates any audio version himself? Some authors do, and not always with great results).

I am listening to Anthony Horowitz's 'House of Silk' at the moment - read by the great Derek Jacobi. It's a carry on of the Sherlock Holmes canon (spelling?) and is fabulous.
MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:43 am

Hi Lil, have googled and found this which includes info on him. There are many more links on Google (I mistyped and put "goggle") to goggle at google is what to do. Laughing

It looks as though he is narrating them, but you may need to check. Happy listening. Very Happy
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:46 am

Thanks so much, Lucielle. I love you

I'm going to give Gervais a whirl over Christmas, now I know there's audio versions. Sounds like perfect holiday listening!
MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:37 am

MissingLilia wrote: I am listening to Anthony Horowitz's 'House of Silk' at the moment - read by the great Derek Jacobi. It's a carry on of the Sherlock Holmes canon (spelling?) and is fabulous.
I think Jacobi is brilliant. I love 'who-dun-its' and historical novels so Jacobi playing the role of Cadfael is one of my favourites. Paul Doherty is another favourite historical/crime author. I also love Jeremy Brett's facial expressions in Sherlock Holmes. He's like a previous version of Rowan Atkinson for mime.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:39 pm

For historical whodunnits I recommend "Dissolution" by C J Sansom, set in Henry VIII's time and the dissolution of the monasteries. Set in an eerie monastery - murders, shadows lurking in the cloisters and all that. I loved it. There is an audio CD available as well.

Embarassed seemed to have strayed way off topic.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:32 am

Don't apologise, Lucielle.... what we're listening to or reading is news (isn't it?) Though I think there is a thread somewhere for us to write about books.

My sis is a great fan of Sansom's books.... I have a couple she's passed on in my 'must read' pile. I would imagine they will translate well to audio too.

B4P - have you listened to Derek Jacobi narrate 'I Claudius'? - spine tinglingly good, as was his legendary screen performance in the role.

I'm a great 'whodunnit' fan - from Lord Peter Wimsey, Poirot, Inspector Markby all the way to Inspector Dalzeil in Reginald Hill's series. I have loads of them on audio.

A more recent 'find' has been Simon Brett's 'Charles Paris' series - both in dramatised and novel form, on audio. Starring the great Bill Nighy (his voice is like having molten chocolate in my ear.....mmmmmmm) they are clever and different.

Have read all of Rankin's Inspector Rebus and Peter Robinson's Inspector Banks series but haven't yet gone on to audio - bit gruesome and dark for late night listening, which I usually do before I nod off... don't want nightmares. affraid
MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  TompsHB Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:12 am

Slightly reluctant to post in my own thread ..... that seems to have turned into something else altogether. There is a book thread here I do believe.

For anyone who is still interested daughter was in hospital for 5 days and is now on complete rest. Fingers and everything else crossed for a favourable outcome.

As you were.
TompsHB
TompsHB

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:58 am

Tomps sorry to hear it was necessary for your daughter to have 5 days in hospital. Now she is out does she have to just take it easy or is it complete bed rest? All my good wishes to her and also to you because I am sure you will be on tenterhooks now until the babies are delivered.
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:31 am

All good wishes to your daughter tomps hope all is well now x
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:04 pm

TompsHB wrote:Slightly reluctant to post in my own thread ..... that seems to have turned into something else altogether. There is a book thread here I do believe.

For anyone who is still interested daughter was in hospital for 5 days and is now on complete rest. Fingers and everything else crossed for a favourable outcome.

As you were.
Apologies, Tomps. We got quite carried away with other things. Embarassed I hope your daughter keeps well rested and everything turns out alright. It must be an anxious time for you all. flower flower
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  BallroomBlitzzzzz Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:24 pm

[quote="B4p"]

Ahhh bless.... I've worked with little ones for the last 10 years and its the best and worst time of year Wink Thursday was this years little ones time to shine, M+J, angels, shepherds, kings and stars all sparkled and twinkled their way through the 20 mins performance on their best behaviour!

Shame the same can't be said about all the visitors Rolling Eyes Its tends to be more "competative rather than festive spirit - lol! Ooooh the stories I could tell!! xxx
BallroomBlitzzzzz
BallroomBlitzzzzz

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:51 pm

TompsHB wrote:...daughter was in hospital for 5 days and is now on complete rest. Fingers and everything else crossed for a favourable outcome.
Very sorry to hear your daughter has had a scare Tomps. I hope all has settled down again now. It must be very difficult being a long-distance Mum in these circumstances. Will you have the opportunity to visit again soon, or are you waiting for the due date?
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:00 pm

TompsHB wrote:Slightly reluctant to post in my own thread ..... that seems to have turned into something else altogether. There is a book thread here I do believe.

As you were.

Not posted on this thread before but just wanted to wish your daughter a speedy recovery Tomps. I'll cross everything for her. Take care and keep us posted x x x
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TompsHB Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:35 am

Thanks Sid my lovely Smile xx

Kate, I'm not the long distance mum, that's Chris.

Daughter is fine for now. She had to have an operation to put in a cervical stitch .... don't want to get too graphic here, but the water has started to leak at 24 weeks and she could go into labour and then again she could hang on for several more weeks. Her doctor has said that if she holds on until Christmas the babies will be tiny, but have a good fighting chance. She is on complete rest and being closely monitored.

I have everything crossed.
TompsHB
TompsHB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next