Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2014

+7
TANGOLERO
Wallflower
allsewnonbyhand
diamondsandpearls
cellar-door
B4p
saxonsiren
11 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2014 - Page 8 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2014

Post  B4p Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:29 pm

Judy's been a great sport. I don't know many that would take all that criticism and still be positive. No tantrums, leaking negative stuff to the press or tears. She did her best to get her head down and give it a shot. She was under no illusions about her ability. That dance off VW was her best dance, in the best venue, so what better exit.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:20 pm

cellar-door wrote:Nice exit interview with Judy! So amazing for me that it's the first time I actually enjoyed watching a 'not good' dancer celeb right till the exit dance, that is Judy! And Housewives choice looked genuinely happy to be paired with Judy too.

I feel exactly the same way - I was genuinely rather sad to see her go. As has been pointed out, she was under no illusions (like S.cott) that she was really a brilliant dancer and the judges just had it in for her. She took it all on the chin and maintained her dignity and humour throughout. And no really terrible comedy routines (vague attempts early on, but Housewives choice seemed to just buckle down and do dancing with her, with just a few added lifts as the "joke"). And she always looked gorgeous, but that pink dress on Saturday was just stunning on her. She looked amazing in the gold number too, in about week 3. And her and Housewives choice seem a very genuine friendship - Housewives choice really does seem like he has had the best time this season.

I'm only sad that others had to go before they got the chance to improve. Judy left in Week 8, finally having gained the dancing ability most of the contestants displayed in Week 1. Some people just take longer to get the hang of it and get in the swing of it. I have always maintained that I would prefer a purely points based competition, rather than a knockout competition, so that we could see everyone go on their dance J-word. I imagine Thom would have improved even further with more time. If Mark had been knocked out when he was I the bottom two we wouldn't have seen how much he has grown and improved. And if Simon had been knocked out either of the two times he was in the dance off we wouldn't have seen him execute a commendable Argentine Tango. I would still have the public voting, but points would be allocated to add to the judges scores. The scores would be totted up over the weeks and the winner would be the one who had the most points over time. That way everyone would get the full 12 weeks of dance training - and I bet we would see a few surprises...

I am a lone voice in the wilderness on that one, so I'll stop banging on now silent
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:48 pm

BTW, I was just taking a mick regarding Daily Mail readers complaining. Mark was over egging the 'he loves me!' bit but knowing how hostile DM readers are, I thought they would jump on it and make it into a headline news or something...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Im a DM reader! Not hostile re the kiss on Saturday in other series C.raig has received kisses from male celebs before!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:56 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Im a DM reader! Not hostile re the kiss on Saturday in other series C.raig has received kisses from male celebs before!

Oh dear, I don't mean to attack you personally! But it's like a feataure of DM to get enraged with EVERYTHING, esp. everything produced by the BBC...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:43 am

I know you didn't CD Very Happy just I always think whichever paper reports it they put their own twist on the story! Don't get me started on The Sun Laughing x
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:40 pm

Didn't realise Trent was married until ITT advised and we saw his wife's photo as an extra dancer! Possible new married couple to replace the Jordan's??
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:13 pm

Trent's covering for Robin but it would be good to see him back again next season
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:10 pm

Which begs an interesting question - who was R obin destined to Partner? I can't see it was Pixie really - but who else would she have had? I don't know how long in advance they decide on the pairings. I think R obin would have been a good fit for Jennifer and might have got her a bit further in the competition - would Tristan have been put with Pixie????????? Did they make changes to some of the other pairings in the wake of R obin not being the show? What an interesting 'what if'???? Question Question Question

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:40 pm

Karen highlighted the very thing I said in my ten-word review of Jake's American Smooth, in that it's not 'Smooth' and it's too showy like a showdance. But she tried really hard not to criticise Janette too much for trying to create impact rather than letting Jake do more of the 'lights and shades'. If you look at Jake's AS again, you'll notice that he still looks a little stompy and flat-footed sometimes. It's strange to say, but I am not feeling that he's going to do his Samba as well as he would like to. First, there is no gimmicks (such as lifts) and Samba requires a lot of rhythmic changes and the foot must not look flat. I think he'll struggle with this dance.

Still, I can't quite get my head around how Karen was in awe of Mark's Charleston. Maybe it was indeed amazing that Mark had perfected his dance so much that it looked easy and simple to do? Okay, I spotted his excellent swivel actions, but I think his performance was still quite one-dimensional, which is just a cheesy grin and nothing else. I would like to see him, when he attempts rumba for instance, to show another side of his performance... Having said that, I must repeat that I think Mark did a better Charleston than that goldfish attempt of Harry Judd with Aliona!

I felt I was alone in liking Caroline's Jive here, I found the choreography on the right side of cheesy (and cheeky as well), and Pasha choreographed it such a way that it can be danced completely on their own without the backup dancers if they so choose to reprise this dance if they were in the final. Glad the jive queen Karen Hardy agreed with me...

Looking forward to seeing Pixie's Charleston. I think judging by her theatrical foxtrot, she'll fly high again with her charleston. Dare I say, perfect 40?

Glad to know Sunetra is doing Waltz, but 9-hours training only? I hope she'll get her nines for this dance, and please for crying out loud, don't make any mistakes!!!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:43 am

Enjoyed tonight's ITT. Two of my favourite couples both on and off the dancefloor.

I know Pixie's dippy-sounding voice can annoy some people but I find her interesting to listen to - she's quite spontaneous and forthcoming and her personality works well with Trent's laid-backness.

Then there's Sunetra and Brendan. I like that they seem to have an honest, grown-up relationship. They're proper people who I can envisage talking to. There's no forced laughter and jazz hands. It all feels natural and normal. They might disagree on something and it's fine. It's remarkable how much Sunetra's achieved with just 9 hours training per week. Makes you wonder what could have been if she'd had double the amount of time. The potential's certainly there - she has a natural instinct for dance, but is under-rehearsed and sloppy, especially in the Latin.

CD - I enjoyed Caroline's Jive, but it didn't feel like a 10 if you know what I mean? Something tell me if Karen Hardy were a judge, she'd be quite loose with her 10s! She was also playing down Caroline's dance experience tonight (erasing it altogether actually!). I'd say out of all the ringers this year, Caroline's experience has probably been most relevant because she specially learned Ballroom + Latin dances (taught by B.rian Fortuna I think) when she won Dancing On Wheels. Plus, she's done ballet. It's fine that she's done these things but don't like either the contestants or Karen or the judges trying to conceal / downplay it. Be honest with us and let us decide how much it matters.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:51 am

I kinda of remember now that Caroline was in Dancing on Wheels now! Yes, thanks Sid!

There was some comments in some other threads that Mark had attended some Sylvia Young or something like that. My impression was that he was supposed to be a full-time professional-level Youth Team footballer? Can't imagine how he'll have the time to do a full-time ciriculum in a Theatre School? Yes, I read some archives that Mark had mentioned his stint in Sylvia Young (like ten years?!) but I can't work out the Maths at all. Methinks he's taking weekend classes, and if so, he might not have chosen dancing as his subject of interest (especially for boys who's into football with mates teasing him for being sissy to tap dance or something).

As for Caroline, I am quite sure she's dance-trained. She is quite body aware, in that she finishes her lines really well, like Pixie does (actually Pixie's seems to be the ringiest of the girls, and Frankie appears to have some form of dance training too).

Jake definitely doesn't have any training as he still looks rough around the edgegs. Simon is an enigma, he can be good, but he can be meh, depending on what type of dances are given him.

p.s.: I find Pixie's way of speaking quite coy and annoying. But equally Caroline tends to gravel her voice too when she talks, which is equally annoying at times.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:09 pm

Good show tonight - the blue dress  (Karen's costume) was to die for!  I loved it.

Thought the choreography chap was interesting - said it was his second year in charge  (just about the time that the music took a dive!!!!)   Didn't know that he was so closely connected with 'Burn the Floor'.

Steve and O la looked remarkably relaxed and 'together' tonight, it was the most animated I have seen O la for a long time.

I really liked what I saw of Simon and Kristina's routine -  he has been my conundrum so far but I think his scores last weekend have really boosted his confidence and the dance looked really good  - we've seen such few salsas this year - it has been a samba year!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:29 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Thought the choreography chap was interesting - said it was his second year in charge  (just about the time that the music took a dive!!!!)   Didn't know that he was so closely connected with 'Burn the Floor'.
That's why the newbies for the past 2-3 seasons have been trawled from the Burn The Floor Shows. I think the new producer Lou Rainbow landed 2 seasons ago, which explains some of the slide. I don't know how much those two collaborate, but the Pros seem to all seem to like the choreographer and post positive tweets, whereas the opposite can be seen for the producer.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:43 pm

Loved having the band on ITT tonight about time Very Happy loved their send off for Steve well deserved. C.raigs dog mmm well yes didn't like the tongue darling just out there flopping about! Reminded me of Paul O'Grady and his dog the lovely warmth between them thou Very Happy
A suprise from the band re the alloted time they are given to prepare
Loved loved guy in a hat.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:54 pm

Loved seeing the band tonight. Tommy Blaize is my favourite. He's so versatile. Hayley and Lance are close runners up. Benny form Topcat (Trevor the hat) was in fine form. Dave Arch didn't say much did he? I read somewhere else that they all have to sight read to a high level as they only get 2 run throughs.

In future, I hope they have them on at least twice every season - ARE YOU LISTENING IN STRICTLY TOWERS?

I wondered if Cr aig's old dog had previously had a stroke. In my book, someone can't be all bad if they like dogs.

I shall miss Steve. I think he was humble, upbeat and gracious. It was a shame he couldn't go out on one of his better dance weeks.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:03 pm

Great to have the band on B4. Can't believe how little time they have to prepare for Saturday night's performances. Surprised things never go wrong!

So Sunetra and Brendan have a Rio Rhumba. Strikes me as a bit odd! I know they're wanting to introduce a twist to the dances this week so they're less 'traditional' but Rio is carnival and carnival and Rhumba couldn't be more different. A Spanish-influenced Rhumba would have been nice; incorporating some Spanish lines and Flamenco into the dance.

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:24 am

I loved seeing the band too! They really are a talented bunch. I know they are professionals like everyone else on the show and I would like to see more of them, so pay them an appearance fee Beeb for ITT and not just when they're plugging an album. Evil or Very Mad
Sight reading is bread and butter to pro musicians and although terrifying to us mere mortals, just part of the job for them. ( see, having an offspring at music conservatoire is rubbing off on me!)
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:38 pm

Have they got an album out Alls? I was wondering if a plug was in the air!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:41 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Have they got an album out Alls? I was wondering if a plug was in the air!
Yes, They have Sax, I saw an advert for it the other night.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:19 pm

Ooh possible christmas presents? Its a wonder the BeeB haven't brought out a ranhe of SCD dolls of all the pro dancers and presenters with different frocks,suits and props!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:47 pm

Ooh has ITT taken to reading our posts!? As Jake and Janette playing guess the dance and AGADOO one of the dances! Razz
Agreed with KH Frankie does need to throw herself into the dance more-reveal your personality more!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:38 pm

I know where KH is coming from too Sax - there is touch of R achel and V incent about this couple - I felt very similarly about them - however, I loved Frankie and Kevin's dance on Saturday night and I felt KH didn't really praise the technical side of it - much has been made of 'the foot' but you couldn't fault much else and I thought that as a dancer KH would acknowledge this a bit more- in fact she said a few things that I didn't completely agree with tonight - although I agreed with some of it. I would have liked to have counted how many times she used the words 'performance'! this evening - she mentioned about 'performance' over 'technical ability' making a winner but I feel that the winner usually manages to combine a bit of both, along with mastering both genres, having a huge dose of the GBP on their side along with a great Showdance on the night......................there you go...........Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:51 pm

I agreed with a lot of what Karen said too.

Sunetra seems to have become more tentative as the weeks have gone on. I think she dreads the Latin and then feels extra pressure to be perfect in the Ballroom to make up for it. Some of the carefree joy we saw in her early dances is missing.

I got what Karen meant about Frankie too. Even if there's limited steps and choreography, a good Viennese Waltz still manages to sweep me away. And Frankie's didn't. I found it pleasant but dull. I didn't feel Frankie was really into it other than making sure she got the technical bits right. Maybe she wasn't a fan of the music? I know I wasn't. Interestingly, I didn't feel the same way about Rachel - even though her style of performing was quite understated, she still managed to hold my interest (or maybe that was just the Vinnie factor!). I can't imagine Frankie pulling off a Rachel Rhumba though...

Somewhere between Jake and Frankie would be my ideal but at the moment I'll take Jake.

I don't know if this is what Karen was getting at but I sometimes find Caroline's movements too sharp and punchy. Wish she'd perform with a little more feeling and finesse to make her dancing look more effortless.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:35 pm

Yes Sid I agree Caroline does go for the technical part of the dance to the detriment of the character
Frankie seems to go for half technicality with a hint of character. Rachel didn't wow me as a dancer (V.incent thou mmmm) i felt she seemed to ho for charm elegance but with a side kick of aloofness
For me Abbey had technique and character and oozed warmth in her routines but thats my opinion
Jake Im starting to like more and wish to see softly softly ballroom magic.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next