Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judges 2014

+6
diamondsandpearls
Wallflower
TANGOLERO
Sid
saxonsiren
B4p
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Judges 2014 Empty Judges 2014

Post  B4p Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:43 pm

Additional work for the Prop Dept:
Please send all the score paddles marked 8-10 for revamping, or just hide/lose them for the first 3 or 4 weeks please?
Put superglue on Bru no's chair and screw it down so he can't fall off it.
Give L en some sparkly mittens so he can't poke Cr aig
Provide a sparkly bib and tissues for Dar cey for drooling over the 6 pack brigade
Hide Cr aig's botox supply so he is able to smile now and then
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Judges 2014 Empty Re: Judges 2014

Post  saxonsiren Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:02 pm

lol love it!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:15 pm

lol! lol! lol!

They definitely got too carried away with their 8s, 9s and 10s too early last year!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:25 pm

B4p wrote:Additional work for the Prop Dept:
Please send all the score paddles marked 8-10 for revamping, or just hide/lose them for the first 3 or 4 weeks please?
Put superglue on Bru no's chair and screw it down so he can't fall off it.
Give L en some sparkly mittens so he can't poke Cr aig
Provide a sparkly bib and tissues for Dar cey for drooling over the 6 pack brigade
Hide Cr aig's botox supply so he is able to smile now and then

Do you mean Marnie Mercedes Dar cey Pembleton Crittle by any chance B4p? (yah, that's he real handle, honest... Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:07 am

I've put some comments on my tweetabix thread in Strictly Anything Else from the new Ghost Judge Panel.
I couldn't repeat all of Janet Jordan's, I'd get sued!!

Some comments were enlightening. How the Pro's don't choose the themes or music. Not sure who chooses the dances.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:10 am

I felt an 8 well deserved by Jake the rest a 7 tops. Darcey going for the early Ill disagree with C.raig on everything! B.runo been on the helium hogh energy drip again! L.en ill be charmimg and posotive gor a few weeks.
C.raig for once gave some high early marks!!! A 5 from him really good in week two!
Im looking forward to Donny Osmond as guest show (new male SCD presenter?)
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:20 am

I don't mind CRH really. His marks can be cutting and perhaps a bit hurtful but he does tell it as he sees it. He doesn't whitewash the celebs with sickly sweet remarks and does offer tips. L.en is the most balanced. He always tries to offer a bit of praise but will say if he was not too impressed. With B.runo there is no middle ground as he either loves a dance or hates it but always offered light hearted comments and can laugh at his zany comments. D'Arcy seems to readily gooey-eyed at a bit of rippling muscle but is similar to L.en in that she offers compliments and advice.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:36 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:I don't mind CRH really. His marks can be cutting and perhaps a bit hurtful but he does tell it as he sees it. He doesn't whitewash the celebs with sickly sweet remarks and does offer tips.
It's ironic that James also tells it how he sees it, and yet Cr aig and James cannot stand each other.

I didn't think Cr aigs comment to Steve, something on the lines of maybe not having to see him again next week was necessary. Was that because he's dancing with O la I wonder?

Darcy needs to find something new to say. Posture seems to be her main contribution. Shame Ian can't be on the judging panel or a Latin expert to contrast with L en's ballroom expertise. Never mind, we've got yet another performance judge next week, but I guess Donny Osmond isn't likely to become a second Mr Acid Drop.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:36 am

But Donny Osmond if he has an acid tongue he would flash a sweet glossy set of gnashers!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Bru cie is not happy with the high scores in these early weeks. Interestingly he mentioned Jake but not Pixie who also scored high

Speaking at the Pride Of Britain Awards in London on Monday night, Bru cie told the Mirror that he felt 'EastEnders' star Jake Wood - who earned 35 points on this weekend's show for his salsa routine - was being scored too highly.

The 86-year-old also joked that his old 'Strictly chums - some of whom were also at the Pride Of Britain Awards - would ignore him at the event.

"Are my Strictly colleagues here tonight?" he asked. "I wonder if they are still talking to me? You know they can turn."

One former colleague we're pretty sure You can call me Sir from now on would have something to say to is professional dancer O la Jordan, who has stripped naked for her 2015 calendar.

In pics that are sure to send Brucie's blood pressure through the roof, put a vest on you strumpet ditched her 'Strictly' sequins to pose naked in the raunchy new photoshoot.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:55 pm

Well 5 judges this week (6 if you include T ess)
What happened to Cr aig? Lot's of positive comments and I even saw a few smiles (the botox must be easing off a bit)

Donny's got a lot of flack in twitter land. On the positive side, he said he'd watched the first 2 weeks of the show on VT and seemed to recognise the dancers, plus he'd seen a bit of new VT on the Friday panel. When he was judging on Saturday, I can understand how his first mark might have been out of synch with the other judges but surely he could have adjusted his next few marks to be more in line? Love Frankie & Kevin but I thought 9 at most.
I thought he was marking performance? Is that the same as exuberance or sheer bonkersness? High praise and marks for Scott & Mark's routines.

I enjoyed L en laughing and telling An ton he needed to improve
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:07 am

Well I know folks moan about Cr aigs low scores, but he does seem to be varying them a bit more this year. The other 3 keep using the same 6,7 & 8 paddles which extends the midsection of the scoreboard. With all the ties, it's no wonder that some of the better dancers are dropping into the dance off zone.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:27 am

What IS going on? Is it Halloween already?

Cr aig was smiling, and using words like 'enjoying' himself

Br uno was flailing aboutmore than usual, flying off his broomstick, right, left, and centre

L en was 'fixed smile vague' like he'd been on the magic mushrooms

Darcy was girlish and giddy like an extra from a Snow White panto (oh yes she was....)

Note to Propman - For gawd sake - hide those 7 paddles. By week 6 they're either rubbish and deserve to get a 5 or 6 or be improving enough to be scoring a few 8's. It's getting more than a bit silly now, when the middle of the scoreboard stretches from 2 down from the top, and 2 up from the bottom.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:30 pm

OK - producers please remind L.en and Darcey that they have paddles numbered from 1 to 10. Last night each of them used paddles from 6 to 9 only - it is beginning to drive me mad Mad

We all know that the judges are inconsistent at times (6 for Jake's Paso C.raig - really?) but only using 4 of the 10 marks available is pathetic at this stage.  Fine later on when standards may be more on a level but marking Judy one less than Sunetra is ridiculous... Evil or Very Mad

Right - rant over
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Wallflower wrote:OK - producers please remind L.en and Darcey that they have paddles numbered from 1 to 10. Last night each of them used paddles from 6 to 9 only - it is beginning to drive me mad Mad

We all know that the judges are inconsistent at times (6 for Jake's Paso C.raig - really?) but only using 4 of the 10 marks available is pathetic at this stage.  Fine later on when standards may be more on a level but marking Judy one less than Sunetra is ridiculous...  Evil or Very Mad

Right - rant over

I would agree in general. If I were a judge and I've scored the dances last night with much wider range say Scott 3, Judy 4, Allison and Steve 5, Sunetra 6, Jake 7, Simon 7, Pixie 8, Caroline 8, Frankie 8 and Mark 9.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:51 pm

Wallflower wrote:OK - producers please remind L.en and Darcey that they have paddles numbered from 1 to 10. Last night each of them used paddles from 6 to 9 only - it is beginning to drive me mad Mad

We all know that the judges are inconsistent at times (6 for Jake's Paso C.raig - really?) but only using 4 of the 10 marks available is pathetic at this stage.  Fine later on when standards may be more on a level but marking Judy one less than Sunetra is ridiculous...  Evil or Very Mad

Right - rant over

Spot on Wallflower - I totally agree.

On one of the other threads someone (might even have been you Wallflower) that Darcey is beginning to be as much use as a chocolate teapot... I would agree with that - after a wobby beginning (yah?) she seemed to get in her stride and offer solid, constructive, helpful criticism and critiques. Now she she just says they have to lift their neck and work on their core and other than that she enjoyed it.

I would also say that The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman is losing the plot. Even Silver tongued Italian Stallion has something to actually SAY... But all The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman can say is "yer cayme aht 'ere and gave it some welly", which is of no help to anyone. He used to give lot's of technical critiquing and advice, but now... It's all gone. Ian Waite would be a WONDERFUL judge, and though I don't particularly like her, Karen Hardy would be too. So ditch Darcey and The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman (and he's annoying pickled walnuts) and get Ian and Karen on board.

It'll never happen. That's my new catchphrase... Wink
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:58 pm

I don't have a problem with L.en. Sure he comes out with the well-worn phrases too many times. Perhaps he is put off critiquing now by the booing. As soon as he moves to make a criticism he gets booed and that seems to agitate him. Perhaps he dreads the idea of becoming as disliked by the audience as C.raig. Anyway I would stick with L.en. As for D.arcey that is another matter for me she is too much like Arlene Phillips as in drooling over bulging biceps or backsides and letting that influence her marks more than the actual dance. I'd replace her with K.aren Hardy.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:14 pm

I don't think Darcey or Arlene drool any more than Silver tongued Italian Stallion or even the fabu-u-lus darling one..

BUT, Darcey isn't giving helpful, constructive criticism which Arlene did.

As for L en.... I can't think that the booing puts him off - he used to just get on with it. I just think he's lost it.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:21 pm

When did this nonsense of booing all the time start? L.en yes I feel thinks why bother when the yob element boo him?? The floor producers and also queue runners should advise the audience on ettiquette its not the bloomin Jeremy Kyle show! L.en isn't revealing Who's the Father? DnA test results!
About time a fifth judge-female please to add to the show.Id sooner have F.lavia,E.rin than Karen Hardy but KH bettet than Donny anyday.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:57 pm

L en would have saved Scott in the Dance Off?
Yeah right. Mind those monkeys flying in from the Land of Oz Rolling Eyes
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:03 pm

Sid I can't read the screen the flying monkeys have taken over!

Apologies im mixing up my Sid's and B4p's Rolling Eyes Think my brain froze like Steve.

Last edited by saxonsiren on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : brain freeze)
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:33 pm

sax did you just call B4 Sid?!

Onto Darcey and more and more I'm struggling to understand what her role is. Her feedback is becoming vaguer and vaguer and her scoring is bizarre (I swear she favours the hunks!).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:56 pm

Sid wrote:sax did you just call B4 Sid?!

Onto Darcey and more and more I'm struggling to understand what her role is. Her feedback is becoming vaguer and vaguer and her scoring is bizarre (I swear she favours the hunks!).

Ditto - she started off very promising but now doesn't add much to the proceedings IMO
I find it intensely annoying the way she glares and tuts at CRH after he has given his marks - as if his marks are not worth anything compared to hers. She does it once to often for me.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:50 am

Omg I did! Im having a freeze moment sorry
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:03 pm

D arcey is about looks and dance ability. Fantastic dancer, very attractive woman. So are most of the pros. Would they all make impartial judges? Very doubtful. As a dance judge she just doesn't cut it. Karen Hardy? Yes, every time, same great dancer, same highly attractive woman ( perhaps a little gushing at times, dare I say?) but with a great T.V personality and a thorough knowledge of what is required. L en is blunt, but he's at least pretty honest about what he wants to see. It all comes back to contrived controversy equals good T.V in the producers minds. Strictly is all a bit like the Jeremy Kyle Show with glitter where the G.B.P are concerned. They call it not fit to burn, laugh at the utter nitwits on it yet are totally fixated on watching it, and the more controversial it is, the better they like it..( Be assured, after a couple of viewings with the wife way back, I absolutely refuse to be in the same room as that garbage).

Karen Hardy then, and don't take no for an answer. lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next