Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2014

+7
TANGOLERO
Wallflower
allsewnonbyhand
diamondsandpearls
cellar-door
B4p
saxonsiren
11 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2014 - Page 9 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2014

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:34 pm

Really interesting comments S id and Sax - I agree about Caroline, I think at heart she is a latin girl hence the fairly sharp movements she hasn't got the ballroom quite so well, IMO. Whilst I really loved her routine on Saturday night, I think as I said at the time, it needed more 'sway' and 'smooth' to hit the heights for me.

I think my problem this year - which I might have said elsewhere - is that I just can't decide on one couple who float my boat and who I can support wholeheartedly - this hasn't really happened to me before. I keep changing my mind and seeing different things each week from different people. I also have a slight feeling that Pixie might prove to be the D enise van Outen/Nathalie Gumede of the contest - probably the best dancer who gets to the final but doesn't actually win.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:19 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:I know where KH is coming from too Sax - there is touch of R achel and V incent about this couple - I felt very similarly about them - however, I loved Frankie and Kevin's dance on Saturday night and I felt KH didn't really praise the technical side of it - much has been made of  'the foot' but you couldn't fault much else and I thought that as a dancer KH would acknowledge this a bit more- in fact she said a few things that I didn't completely agree with tonight - although I agreed with some of it.   I would have liked to have counted how many times she used the words 'performance'! this evening - she mentioned about 'performance' over 'technical ability' making a winner but I feel that the winner usually manages to combine a bit of both, along with mastering both genres,  having a huge dose of the GBP on their side along with a great Showdance on the night......................there you go...........Very Happy    

I have to say I thought, " How very dare she...!" when KH said Frankie had no connection with the audience. They have become one of my favourite couples simply because they very much connect with me, in a way that Pixie and Trent most definitely don't and quite a few of the other couples miss a lot of the time too. And I always loved Rachel and Vincent too (tho' the Rachel was got at from very early on for not "letting herself go", which Frankie hasn't been criticised for prior to this..). We can tell who Frankie is - she is warm, and charming and elegant and yes, demure, but that is ok - that is who SHE is. We can't all be like Mark Wright who is larger than life and twice as annoying. Alison managed the balance of being a big personality but not being irritating. But that is because she is who she is - it's genuine, not an act. Rachel and Frankie are genuine - but quieter. Don't ask people to be what they are not - an elegant, understated performance can connect with the audience as much as a big "out there" show - sometimes more so... Pixie is total show girl - sell, sell, sell, but her dancing has so far not connected with me at all. She is no doubt talented, but she just doesn't connect with me - I get bored watching her. Frankie I always want to see again. Rachel and Sophie were perhaps similar. We can't all like the same people, or like the same style, so just let people be the style they are. It's not wrong - it's just different and will appeal to a different set of people. I love Frankie and Kevin - they have a real partnership and she dances sublimely (flippin' sickle foot aside...).

So put that in your pipe MS Hardy and smoke it!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Know what you mean mauve, there's a few of them I like but don't feel PASSIONATELY about them - there's no Sophie or Dani or S.cott or Louisa. Sunetra came the closest but she's lost some of her sparkle and is on her way out. I do miss having that one couple to root for. I think we'll get to the final and I'll be on Team Anyone But Mark!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:27 pm

I definitely take your point diamonds that being loud doesn't necessarily mean interesting and being more reserved doesn't translate to boring. In fact I often prefer the quieter ones. Sophie Ellis Bextor was fairly laid back and unassuming and I absolutely loved her. But I do find Frankie a bit wishy-washy if I'm honest. It's all subjective though!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:29 pm

Sid wrote:I agreed with a lot of what Karen said too.

Sunetra seems to have become more tentative as the weeks have gone on. I think she dreads the Latin and then feels extra pressure to be perfect in the Ballroom to make up for it. Some of the carefree joy we saw in her early dances is missing.

I got what Karen meant about Frankie too. Even if there's limited steps and choreography, a good Viennese Waltz still manages to sweep me away. And Frankie's didn't. I found it pleasant but dull. I didn't feel Frankie was really into it other than making sure she got the technical bits right. Maybe she wasn't a fan of the music? I know I wasn't. Interestingly, I didn't feel the same way about Rachel - even though her style of performing was quite understated, she still managed to hold my interest (or maybe that was just the Vinnie factor!). I can't imagine Frankie pulling off a Rachel Rhumba though...

Somewhere between Jake and Frankie would be my ideal but at the moment I'll take Jake.

I don't know if this is what Karen was getting at but I sometimes find Caroline's movements too sharp and punchy. Wish she'd perform with a little more feeling and finesse to make her dancing look more effortless.

Oh no Sid!  I fear our romance is coming unstuck! Sad  I LOVED Frankie's dance this week - I was TOTALLY swept away, and apart from Simon's Salsa, was the only one I really enjoyed. I think it is clear that I prefer the quieter, more understated performers, like Frankie, Sophie and Rachel (oh, the lovely Rachel - she woz robbed...).  I find myself drawn in more and get more absorbed.  Jake's out there, twerking samba just made me cringe, and Pixie's showgirl style leaves me empty. I don't think the Waltz the top of my list of Frankie's dances, but it was still very much up there. I know she had a tune which (my memories of my Dad as a little girl aside) was a bit brash for a waltz (more like music for a Walzter at the fair than a waltz...) but she still manages to sweep me along - I think her understatedness counter-acted the brashness of the tune and I was drawn in and swept along.

I hope she doesn't try to go all showgirl and razzmatazz now - I'll go right off her!

Edit: I posted this as you responded to my previous post Sid... Yes, you are right, it is all very subjective, which was why I was cross with KH - just because SHE goes for the all out there stuff, doesn't mean I have to. As I said, different styles appeal to different people... But oh, Sid - Frankie wishy-washy? Poor Frankie!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:53 pm

We cross posted diamonds! lol!

I agree Karen should NOT be speaking for everybody when it comes to subjective things like connecting with couples, just herself! And she doesn't appreciate that not every person is suited to her own hammy style of performance! But alas, I still found Frankie's dance dullsville Sad

Will our romance recover from this?! Shocked Wink I love you
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:44 am

Sid wrote:We cross posted diamonds! lol!

I agree Karen should NOT be speaking for everybody when it comes to subjective things like connecting with couples, just herself! And she doesn't appreciate that not every person is suited to her own hammy style of performance! But alas, I still found Frankie's dance dullsville Sad

Will our romance recover from this?! Shocked Wink I love you

Oh no!! Ive brought a hat and new shoes just in case this budding romance blooms Razz I agree we have different tastes and styles we enjoy watching. I agree D&P re Pixie I haven't connected with her or Trent at all Crying or Very sad and I think Mauve said Pixie could be the same as DVO and Natalie make the final could have won but the Marmite factor came into play.

Ps Can Ibuy a frock yet... runs >>>>>>>>>> lol!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:20 am

Just want to put my twopennorth in and agree with D & P that I love Frankie. I've enjoyed virtually all her performances which is more than I can say about most of the others.

Last nights interviews with Jake and then Simon finally made me realise why I'm not getting the love of Jake's performances. He hardly ever smiles!  I've been back and watched all the clips of his dances and the only performance where he looked happy was the Quickstep. OK to do "fierce" for Tango and Paso but even in the much acclaimed Salsa he didn't actually smile - it looked more like a painful grimace.  Compare this with Simon's Salsa this weekend where his joy in the dance was plain to see and that's what's missing from Jake.  I want joy from the "fun" dances, not just hips Rolling Eyes
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:09 pm

sax - it's back on, I won our diamonds over with a Randy Crawford song Laughing (just don't upstage me with your frock!)

Wall - Interesting! You see I'm not detecting a great love of dancing from Frankie. Whereas even though he might not smile much, when Jake's performing a Salsa or a Samba or a Jive I feel like he's relishing every moment of it. It's just a vibe he gives off. I think Simon has fallen in love with dance too (now). The enjoyment he gets is much more visible, I agree, his face lights up. It's quite sweet really.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Erin & Katya are on ITT tonight
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Loved Erin and Katya on ITT tonight Very Happy but hated the Lisa Riley quiz - which seemed to go on for ever Mad even though I left to check the cooking!  And where was Ian? Apart from the lovely ex professionals it was a very strange show tonight Rolling Eyes
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:47 pm

I think there's another major dance event going on in Blackpool this week so Ian may be up there judging
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:09 pm

Katya had too much to say and often jumped in over E.rin! Loved the questions thou
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:59 pm

Oh how I've missed personalities like Erin and Katya on the show. Could happily have listened to them answer questions for longer instead of being subjected to that bloody Riley woman's quiz! And do you know what she does on Twitter? She searches herself and tracks down anyone who posts a critical tweet about her and leaves them a sarcastic message with kisses at the end. She's done it to three of my Strictly friends now! It's weird and embarrassing and passive-aggressive behaviour. Wish she'd just go away!

Not sure what's up with Ian but he's back tomorrow instead x
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:12 pm

I could gag Lisa Riley at times.Its all me me me and Ive bern on SCD you know zzzzzzzz please stop using LR for SCD pleasr BEEB.
Lets have more E.rin and Katya and Matthew C and Camilla back pleasr
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:57 am

It was lovely to catch up with Erin on ITT but Katya was downright rude, nerves maybe.  No more Lisa Riley quiz please.

Been following your discussion about whether the dancers make a connection with you.  Of the seven who are left (and excluding Sunetra who is now clearly outclassed or, at least, underpractised) I am now loving both Frankie and Simon.  I will admit that Frankie looks very much like my own daughter (so I'm clearly biased) but she comes across as such a sweet and genuine girl and has a warm friendship with Kevin.  Thank goodness no sordid love affair for them, let's keep it professional.  Simon started off being the cool kid but has worked out that he needs to dance, not just strut his stuff, and it's working.  I love to watch both of them.

Someone said that Jake never smiles and that is so true.  There is no warmth in his face, in his eyes, and how can I connect with that?  Janette knows he can dance but she is playing too much to his strengths which is making him same old same old for me.  Caroline and Pixie are both accomplished dancers (and were before they even got the call from Strictly) and maybe that is why I can't connect with them.  Caroline is simply too good.  She doesn't need to go on a j.ourney or find her love of dance or connect with her partner because she is already good enough at dancing to worry about putting the emotion in.

Mark is just a caricature of an Essex boy, not the sharpest tool in the box but he thinks he's worked out what we want and he thinks he's giving it to us.  Time will tell.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:47 am

fiftynotout wrote:It was lovely to catch up with Erin on ITT but Katya was downright rude, nerves maybe.  No more Lisa Riley quiz please.
I always found Katya to be 'in yer face' and a bit verbally aggressive (must be all those pickles she used to eat). It's one of the reasons I never really took to her. I felt sorry for Gavin Henson. Didn't he get enough earache from Charlotte Church before they divorced?

Agree about the quiz. Too long. Too self indulgent, vane and ego stroking. IF they did a quiz, they could do a one off SCD fan team quiz like Family Fortunes, maybe even one with girl vs boy Pros on it to raise money for charity. I'm sure Vernon could arrange that - simples
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:39 pm

Lisa Riley?

Apart from the E rin and K atya bit (which I caught up on i Player) I didn't watch any of her at all. Indeed, I haven't watched any I.T.T this week, so the dances will come as a surprise and leave me completely un-biased (Come on Jake)...Embarassed

Sunetra's nice but it's her time to leave the floor. Happens to everyone bar the winner at some stage, so we have to be prepared for maybe a shock or two. Dance, what's dance got to do with it? silent
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:53 pm

fiftynotout wrote:It was lovely to catch up with Erin on ITT but Katya was downright rude, nerves maybe.  No more Lisa Riley quiz please.

Been following your discussion about whether the dancers make a connection with you.  Of the seven who are left (and excluding Sunetra who is now clearly outclassed or, at least, underpractised) I am now loving both Frankie and Simon.  I will admit that Frankie looks very much like my own daughter (so I'm clearly biased) but she comes across as such a sweet and genuine girl and has a warm friendship with Kevin.  Thank goodness no sordid love affair for them, let's keep it professional.  Simon started off being the cool kid but has worked out that he needs to dance, not just strut his stuff, and it's working.  I love to watch both of them.

Someone said that Jake never smiles and that is so true.  There is no warmth in his face, in his eyes, and how can I connect with that?  Janette knows he can dance but she is playing too much to his strengths which is making him same old same old for me.  Caroline and Pixie are both accomplished dancers (and were before they even got the call from Strictly) and maybe that is why I can't connect with them.  Caroline is simply too good.  She doesn't need to go on a j.ourney or find her love of dance or connect with her partner because she is already good enough at dancing to worry about putting the emotion in.

Mark is just a caricature of an Essex boy, not the sharpest tool in the box but he thinks he's worked out what we want and he thinks he's giving it to us.  Time will tell.

Apart from the fact I don't have daughter who looks like Frankie (or anyone else - I don't actually have one...) I agree wholeheartedly with absolutely everything you say. EVERYTHING!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Sad to say goodbye to Sunetra and B rendan tonight. B rendan is such a good choreographer and evokes 'old' SCD to me with 'proper' routines and teaching.

Quite enjoyed the three critics tonight - at least they weren't BBC clones and said what they thought - refreshing on SCD - I liked Nina's honesty. Let's hope that the 'no holds barred' comments are allowed to continue over the next few weeks that they are with us. I will miss CRH on ITT - I know that a lot of people say that he doesn't add much but I always find him much softer on ITT and it is interesting to hear him qualify his scores (without being berated by the others) Would have liked to have heard him justifying the '5' marks tonight................. Crying or Very sad

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Liked how B.rendan & Sunetra turned off their light at the end - spontaneous and funny instead of the usual awkwardness! Great couple, great exit.

I read Sunetra's been dancing with a fractured metatasle since week 2. Had no idea. She never milked it. Nor did she ever mention a lack of training hours (it was usually Zoe or Claud who brought it up). She didn't make a fuss, she just got on with things and I admired that.

Thought Nina was a bit personal about Frankie's ears! And totally disagreed with Boyd about 'reality stars' - I don't want anymore of them on Strictly. The TOWIE lot, in particular, have blighted my enjoyment of so many shows. Sorry if that sounds snooty / snobby!

Loved, loved, LOVED Iveta's campy wardrobe segment though I love you
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:42 pm

I fell asleep in tonight's ITT, who are those three random 'celebs' or casual critics? If I want to hear or read their comments, I would have read forums in Digitalspy or something. Total waste of time. Iveta and the exit interview of Sunetra and (the relieved?) Brendan was good. LOL at Brendan making light of the light off nonsense. Very Happy
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:45 pm

I liked Brendan's tie
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:50 am

cellar-door wrote:I fell asleep in tonight's ITT, who are those three random 'celebs' or casual critics? If I want to hear or read their comments, I would have read forums in Digitalspy or something. Total waste of time. Iveta and the exit interview of Sunetra and (the relieved?) Brendan was good. LOL at Brendan making light of the light off nonsense. Very Happy

I was bored too....if there is no the fabu-u-lus darling one why not get some fans in to do a critique ?
Love Iveta, but thought her bit was overlong and too much of a filler too.
Thumbs up to Brendan and Sunetra though.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:36 pm

Jake & Janette on ITT tonight. I sincerely hope he doesn't blame the backing dancer for bumping into him. It only happened because he was in the wrong place!
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next