Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judges 2015

+5
TANGOLERO
MissingLilia
saxonsiren
CaledonianCraig
B4p
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Judges 2015 Empty Judges 2015

Post  B4p Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Is it the usual suspects or have there been any changes to the judging line up this year?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Judges 2015 Empty Re: Judges 2015

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:58 pm

As far as I know there has been no changes in the judges line-up this year.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:00 pm

I haven't heard anything recently but I think it may be time for a shake up of the judges. I'd really like to see a Latin judge or one of the previous Pros. I thought Cr aig mentioned An ton as a possible judge for the future?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:38 am

I would like to see five judges  each week to shake the points up a little more. Possiblly with an ex scd professional, Ian,V.incent or Flavia! Both on their  last tour of of their Tango tour. However they did advise they had gave 8 years to scd and it was time to move on Sad. The bottom two couples  to dance and the couple with the fewest public votes leave. Fairer as the public do pay to vote (I know we have free internet votes as well)
If C.raig  does panto this year,please,please  NO Donny Osmond! Enough with the 10 ' s.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:14 am

What was Darcy up to? Was she pre-empting L en's usual soundbites or just on repeat from last season. Queen of Cliche tonight.

I thought the judges had been told to keep all the scores 7 or below until an 8 crept in.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:41 pm

I got the impression on Fridays show that the fabu-u-lus darling one was channeling his panto villain role a little too early in the series.
Come on the fabu-u-lus darling one - cut the non actors who have no dance or performance experience some slack!
I respect his opinion in general but last night thought it was obvious who he has decided to dislike - hope I'm wrong, though and next week will see more balanced scores and comments.

MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:30 am

Night 2 Week 1

I thought Cr aig was a bit overly mean with some of his scores, and very nit picky for week 1.

Darcy is already up to scoring 8's. No doubt she'll be first to score a 10 in a couple of weeks

L en was positive despite the lack of technical ability at this point. Made a comment that he'll be on the look out for illegal lifts (good)

Br uno's had his first 'chair-off' of the season
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:14 am

MissingLilia wrote:I got the impression on Fridays show that the fabu-u-lus darling one was channeling his panto villain role a little too early in the series.
Come on the fabu-u-lus darling one  - cut the non actors who have no dance or performance experience some slack!
I respect his opinion in general  but last night thought it was obvious who he has decided to dislike - hope I'm wrong, though and next week will see more balanced scores and comments.

Exactly right Lillia. That's something that always bugs with C.R.H. Judges are supposed to be impartial and judge on performance only. C raig seems to exempt himself from that and Lord help you if you twang his knicker elastic. Arguing points with him is downright silly as you know you'll pay the price. He just hates pigeon toes and aeroplane arms. Giving beginners 2's is childish and confidence destroying. He can be fun, but it's a competition (of sorts) and it might be time to look at someone fairer.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:14 am

Oh for goodness sake B.run keep one's bottom firmly on your chair! It's boring,predictable and just silly now. The judges let slip already dance choices for next week AND a music choice too Shocked Are they listening to the forums, fans etc? Darcy seems to be L.en's echo in judges cavern.
Wish hatlady here to give opinion on the weird pointy dress designs! I thought Darcy might get stabbed in the collar bone with her's
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:22 am

In recent years C RH has been my favourite judge as I find that his 'meanness' does act as a bit of a stopguard to the silly overmarking indulged in by most of the other judges over the weeks - however I do agree that his meanness was a bit too much for the first two nights. Giving '2's is not encouraging for beginners, but conversely I don't agree with giving '8's on the first week because as you say - where can the judges go and this means the '10s' coming out far too early - although hopefully we won't be having a 'Donny' on the first few weeks to mess things up!!!! The other angle of course is that the couples have nowhere to go either and for some of them it will be ' the only way is down'!!!! I feel that Jake never really got over the pressure created by that early Salsa last year. L en was good last night - encouraging but constructive (for once) B runo was really funny and D arcey didn't make much of in impression on me I'm afraid!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:14 am

What was going on with the scoring tonight? Darcey gave Georgia & Carol the same score? Is that a compliment to Carol or an insult to Georgia?

I think the judges were, (on the whole) more constructive and positive this week, but hope that the beige comments don't turn into whitewash. The dancers still need to know which weakness they need to work on, and how to improve their dancing skills.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:55 am

I thought that the judges were mainly constructive in their comments but marked quite low - which visibly surprised some of the couples (why?? It is only week 2 what do they expect??) I think there were a couple of travesties - agree with you B4P that Georgia and Gio were scored too low - and some couples got too much credit for lifts, handstands and the performance over basics..................... I think the judges already showed tonight who they want to stay in and who they want to go out. On another note......... I thought that D arcey's dress was really nice tonight - lovely style and colour. I also enjoyed the judges 'opener' routine.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:18 pm

Never seen L en laugh so much, or use the word 'genius' before. Brilliant

Br uno actually spouted some words of wisdom from his pursed lips whilst doing his Kate Bush impression

Darcey I've decided, is just practising her 'Good King Wenceslas 'Deep and crisp and even'

Cr aig's botoxed his funny bone. Needs some Andrews Liver Salts to sort his bile production out. Maybe he's practising ready for his forthcoming Captain Hook panto part - sssssssssssssssss. Hide his number 3 paddle somebody
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:55 am

Oh dear I've just had a horrid thought! Will Donny be back to replace C.rain with that 10 paddle No. I'd love to see E.rin, F.lava, or V.in cent as a guest judge
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:21 pm

Fl avia & Vin cent are doing their Last Tango Show so wouldn't be available.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Judges 2015 Empty free goidies

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:28 am

I did read an article in the DM regarding our Darcey.  The poor dear has to supply her own clothes to wear on SCD affraid   Anyway she manages to "persuade" designers to give her a dress to wear but unfortunately  she cannot say who supplied the dress on the show. I'm sure several pictures of Darcey appear in the designers portfolio to promote their works to others.
Why is it celebs can't buy,wear their own clothes? They either are too poor to buy their outfits or feel they shouldn't have to use their own money and free load instead. Same goes for goodie bags given out at the awards dinners, why?
I'm sure a lot of the unpaid heroes /volunteers who get invited to the Queens  garden parties do not seek or are actually given a gorgeous outfit to wear. They pay yes pay! for an outfit themselves. Darcey this is a chance for you to wear your own clothes maybe design them too and get free publicity and give money to charity or keep it yourself.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Never understood the goody bag scenario. All the freeloaders are more than able to buy these products themselves. Sickening Mad
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:27 pm

I think Br uno should apologise for his swearing. It's a family show and a lot of parent's will be trying to explain why one of the dances looked the 'bulls bollocks'. He gets so carried away with his own torrent, I don't think he put's his brain in gear before his mouth.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:17 am

No omg I have this image now! affraid B.run has slipped up before and had to apologise. Trouble is swearing sweeping into programmes earlier and HIGNFY every line has an F these days. Mind you deadenders so awful and depressing with bullying,abuse,murder,affairs as everyday events and all at 7.30. All the soaps seem to have gone this way too.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:12 am

Hmmm, not convinced he just got carried away, I suspect B.runo had planned beforehand to use the phrase, as it related to a paso. You're right B4P, it's not on for that time of evening (though once it was said, I thought the other judges reactions were very amusing)

B.runo has always been a bit of a loose cannon, and he's been quite cutting at times this series. But on the other hand, I can't imagine the panel without him, I certainly wouldn't swop him for an A.nton-type figure.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:55 am

jingle wrote:Hmmm, not convinced he just got carried away,  I suspect B.runo had planned beforehand to use the phrase, as it related to a paso.  You're right B4P, it's not on for that time of evening (though once it was said,  I thought the other judges reactions were very amusing)  

B.runo has always been a bit of a loose cannon, and he's been quite cutting at times this series. But on the other hand, I can't imagine the panel without him, I certainly wouldn't swop him for an A.nton-type figure.

I really agree Jingle - I know it was wrong but it was amusing - particularly the other judges reactions - D arcey with her hands over her face!!! Live Television!!

I couldn't imagine the panel without him either and he often gives a good critique when you strip out all the razzamatazz - not sure what was going on last night as he really was Mr Nasty a couple of times and CRH was remarkably restrained with most of his comments - B runo seemed to get increasingly out of control as the show went on...........I actually wondered whether he had been on the sauce? Laughing

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:05 am

Sorry if this upsets anyone, but it's a bit "storm in a teacup" for me, on a par with The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman's "Pickle your walnuts" and "throw your knickers in the air.". Good for a laugh and then passed over and forgotten. Have to watch blatant rudeness, but the show isn't Cee-Beebies but an adult entertainment that families watch, and, on the very rare occasions such happens, if kids are old enough to question it they probably hear worse at school. Let's not be saintly about it. The man did apologise. Smile
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:52 am

Yes - it was one of those priceless Live TV moments Laughing

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:05 pm

Least it wasn't the dogs b#$$÷#@s!!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Judges 2015 Empty Halloween Week

Post  B4p Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:18 am

On the whole, I thought the judges were more constructive this week.

L en tried to minimise the damage to the no-hopers.

Darcey even came out with some original comments and mostly positive comments. Made me smile how she blamed her 'Morticia' character for giving some of her brief negative feedback.

What was Br uno dressed as? Looked like the 'school boy' guitarist out of ACDC .

Spookiest of all - Cr aig turned nice MWHAHAaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next