Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2017

+8
TANGOLERO
B4p
allsewnonbyhand
diamondsandpearls
saxonsiren
fiftynotout
Sid
mauveangel09
12 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2017 - Page 12 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2017

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:40 pm

Did you know - the AT is so hard for a man?

Did you know - the Rumba is so hard for a man?

Then again, the QS is SO hard for a man.

But don't forget, the Waltz is very hard for a man.

Doing the VW is very difficult for the man.

The paso is one of the hardest dances for a man.

The Tango is very hard for the man.

Did you know the...

I think we all get the message...

" Sometimes it's hard to be a ma-an..."

I agree Mauve, that YASB is delusional about how hard her choreography is. It's very lift-based but otherwise... I disagreed very thoroughly with Matthew Bourne (though obviously he knows a shed load more about dance than I do), that hers was the best AT choregraphy ever seen. Beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder and this beholder didn't see a sharp, taut tango full of Buenos Aires night life, but a pastiche of one with her doing the man's bit and him doing the woman's bit. Not particularly well.

Davood is very sweet in a slightly dim labrador type way - he is totally harmless. But I am still Agin YASB.

(I've only just realised her surname is Bytchkova... Shocked )

I've been checking her out on youtube - I watched a rumba final and it has affirmed that it is a truly dreadful dance. I am scarred from watching 6 or so couples dressed in skimpy sparkles writhing and rubbing up and down each other. Truly excruciating. It really isn't at all sexy. I prefer wistful longing to lustful desire to watch any day
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:02 pm

Surname "Bytchkova" Shocked Shocked pondering if she will add YASB to it Rolling Eyes
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:44 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Surname "Bytchkova" Shocked Shocked pondering if she will add YASB to it Rolling Eyes

lol! I imagine she is blissfully ignorant of her name on here! (I think we're practically a private club now with less than a dozen members... She's certainly not going to be poking about amongst these boards!)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:08 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

lol!  I imagine she is blissfully ignorant of her name on here! (I think we're practically a private club now with less than a dozen members...  She's certainly not going to be poking about amongst these boards!)
Yes the most exclusive yet inclusive strictly members only club! I still think we should get a glitter  'by appointment ' warrant endorsed by her maj Zoe  queen
You were brave venturing over to DS diamonds- not for the faint hearted pale but interesting that they echo our views, if perhaps slightly more edged with razors and knives. Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Some of Matthew Bourne's Strictly-related opinions have been....interesting.

What was that water-bottle-throwing with Pasha all about?!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Tappingfeet Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:15 pm

I laughed out loud at Natalie today .She was explaining something or other about a dance and Zoe was doing her
" so so interested and intense face " Nat looked at Zoe and mid explaining said " Are you OK Zoe ? "

lol! lol! lol!
Tappingfeet
Tappingfeet

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:09 pm

Well,I actually warmed to Alex on ITT tonight. Don’t know if it was sympathy or empathy or what it was but I almost was rooting for her....
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:30 am

fiftynotout wrote:Well,I actually warmed to Alex on ITT tonight.  Don’t know if it was sympathy or empathy or what it was but I almost was rooting for her....

I think there was a lot of warmth for her in the room. And I felt the same as you. I actually wonder if there'll be an almost u-turn backlash against the out and out haters, and the 'meh'ers will start giving her their support. It is well known we love an under-dog on these shores, and she wasn't one before because of her ringer-ness. But now everyone is being so spiteful, she has become an underdog in a different way and may get genuine sympathy and support.

Ah, well, we shall see.

But despite all their best efforts at bigging it up, they didn't manage to make change my view that their Charleston was anything but a totally unenjoyable watch.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:26 pm

You could be right diamonds. There comes a point when the haters hate too much and people who were previously fairly neutral come to the defence of whoever's being targeted. It's only anecdotal evidence from my twitter timeline but I've noticed several people saying they're going to throw Alex a couple of votes this Saturday because they don't like the way she's been treated.

I know they murder like 30% of the songs but Strictly wouldn't be half as special without the band and I love that they get a proper shout out each series on ITT. I laughed at Tommy basically saying the music used to make sense compared to today's WTF choices.

Also, as Mollie and AJ were going on about the importance of him catching her in that (naughty) lift, evil me was thinking actually your Rumba woulda been 10 times more interesting if he hadn't Twisted Evil

I've been reading Neil's been helping Katya a lot with her choreography in which case I really want to see him get a partner next year just to see what routines he comes up with.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:46 pm

I agree Sid and Diamonds - I think there could be a growing swing back towards Alexandra for the reasons you mention - coupled with the fact that I'm sure she'll deliver an excellent salsa and a not too shabby VW. From thinking that she would out this weekend or at least be in the dance off I'm now not so sure.........all things considered.

Really enjoyed seeing the singers on SCD tonight - pity Lance wasn't with them.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:22 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:I agree Sid and Diamonds - I think there could be a growing swing back towards Alexandra for the reasons you mention - coupled with the fact that I'm sure she'll deliver an excellent salsa and a not too shabby VW.  From thinking that she would out this weekend or at least be in the dance off I'm now not so sure.........all things considered.

Really enjoyed seeing the singers on SCD tonight - pity Lance wasn't with them.  

I was quite impressed with the training footage. It had a bit of armography but didn't look to kitchen-sinky. But it was only a small clip.... However, Gorka can Salsa....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:47 pm

I imagine Alex will get a double bounce this weekend, same as Mollie did. Yes, I thought her salsa training clip looked well, the speed will suit her. Debbie's jive didn't look too great (or at least, the couple of seconds we saw of it). I wonder is she really flagging now.

I'm curious about what AJ said -though he didn't elaborate - about the illegal rumba lift being allowed in the rules because she'd started from a prop. That would sort of make sense I guess. I just wish we had access to this elusive rule book....he 10 second rule doesn't seem to have resurfaced, but has been broken so many times.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:29 am

I'm not liking hostile comments etc towards Alex... I won't change my vote thou as I still haven't connected with Alex or Gorka. I won't be coerced into a vote as a few groups so far are trying to do making it feel if you do not vote for Alex your a bad person No .. I'm hot.... I didn't bond with DVO or Natalie/Ann/Russell/Jason/Sophie/Harry/Lisa either... I'll be voting for Joe and Gemma I wish both in the final. It has to be how you the viewer feels, how you are drawn into their chemistry/rapport/support/first few tentative steps then slowly building into a wow a tingle a goosebumps feel good smile. ...
True so far only a few tingling goosebumps but I live in hope more in semi final/finals
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:52 am

saxonsiren wrote:I'm not liking hostile comments etc towards Alex... I won't change my vote thou as I still haven't connected with Alex or Gorka. I won't be coerced into a vote as a few groups so far are trying to do making it feel if you do not vote for Alex your a bad person No  .. I'm hot.... I didn't bond with DVO or Natalie/Ann/Russell/Jason/Sophie/Harry/Lisa  either... I'll be voting for Joe and Gemma I wish both in the final. It has to be how you the viewer feels, how you are drawn into their chemistry/rapport/support/first few tentative steps then slowly building into a wow a tingle a goosebumps feel good smile. ...
True so far only a few tingling goosebumps but I live in hope more in semi final/finals

Agree 100% Sax.

My favourites will always be j-contenders so Debbie and Alexandra were discounted, in my eyes. many weeks ago. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching them, or that I've got any dislike for them, but simply imo they started out too good and haven't shown much improvement.

Like you say, I also want to feel drawn into the chemistry and rapport between pro and c.leb, and I haven't felt that with several of the couples this year.  I've voted for Mollie and AJ since the early days, as I could see the gradual improvement in her technique, her genuine delight at learning, and a sense of connection with her partner. If she doesn't make it to the final then I'll transfer my votes to Joe, for exactly the same reasons.

I'm sad that Strictly seems to have taken a divisive turn this year, even if it's being manufactured by the red tops and social media. I've stayed well away from DS this year too...just sooo glad that we've got our forum where we can say what we feel, and agree to disagree at times.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Totally agree Jingle. Love our forum and it's stability. We have been together quite a few years and we discuss different views agree to disagree all in harmony and no flouncing. .. If we as a group can do it why can't others?

santa I've finished my gifts. Stupendous effort today early at shopping center 9am with hubby. 3 gifts in Next, 2 In Marks 3 from George! Home in & 1/2 hrs. Shopped with scarf on and lots of water.
Resting this pm and ooh snow cheers rendeer forecast early hours.. Hoping not marooned in a Barn at midnight tomorrow!

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:43 pm

saxonsiren wrote:
Resting this pm and ooh snow cheers rendeer forecast early hours.. Hoping not marooned in a Barn at midnight tomorrow!

It's just started to snow here in Belfast - quite heavy, but too wet to settle.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:54 pm

sax - a tremendous effort from you, well done! A very efficient shopper by the sounds of it too Very Happy

The dresses look more promising for the semi final. I don't get them debating whether to add a feather hem tho - the answer to that is surely always YES!!!

I thought Karen's Pro Challenge might be asking her to cram as many Maltesers into her mouth as possible Very Happy

Joe & Katya have such an easy partnership. I feel relaxed and engaged watching them. I'm just nervy about this AT - if they don't make it through, I may turn violent.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:02 am

Sid wrote:

Joe & Katya have such an easy partnership. I feel relaxed and engaged watching them. I'm just nervy about this AT - if they don't make it through, I may turn violent.
I'm with you Sid...you hold 'em and I'll punch 'em !
As someone else said - sorry I can't see who it was- the nightmare scenario for me would be a Debbie/Alex v Joe DO. Much as I'd like them to get through, I'm prepared to sacrifice Gemma or Mollie for him. i don't want them getting through at his expense though.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:20 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
I'm with you Sid...you hold 'em and I'll punch 'em !
As someone else said - sorry I can't see who it was- the nightmare scenario for me would be a Debbie/Alex v Joe  DO.  Much as I'd like them to get through,  I'm prepared to sacrifice Gemma or Mollie for him. i don't want them getting through  at his expense though.

lol!

I *think* it's gonna be one out of Debbie / Joe against one out of Mollie / Gemma. The Debbie / Alex v Joe scenario doesn't bear thinking about! He needs to stand a chance.

I think the order in which the dances are performed will make a slight - but potentially significant - difference, with Joe needing to do his stronger routine second so that it's fresher in the audience's mind.

It still seems so wrong to have a DO in the semis. At this stage it should be the public vote that determines who advances.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Sid wrote:
It still seems so wrong to have a DO in the semis. At this stage it should be the public vote that determines who advances.

Yes, I agree with you Sid.

I also don't really like that the judges give indicative scores in the final, that seems a bit meaningless.  I think the year Jay McG won he actually scored the lowest of the final 3, which maybe took the shine off his victory a bit.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:52 pm

i've just been out having fun stomping up the fells in real snow with some of my closest friends :-)  The reason for telling you this, is that we all had a night a way together where there was no phone signal and no wifi (we had to talk to each other around the crackling log fire affraid  !!) so I didn't watch last night's ITT until just now.

Sid wrote:debating whether to add a feather hem tho - the answer to that is surely always YES!!!

I think this is Vicky's weakness in the costume stakes - she really doesn't get that more is more - and absolutely imperative!  A VW dress without feather hem is basically unfinished... Send in the feathers!

Sid wrote:Joe & Katya have such an easy partnership. I feel relaxed and engaged watching them.

Actually, I wondered whether they had been mainlining the Haribo last night...  They were like two very young children who are best friends and are all hyped up and falling over themselves to tell everybody all the fun and games they have been having...  Sweet but... slightly weird coming from two adults!

I'm at the stage where I kinda don't care now (in a good way).  Alex isn't going to win I don't think, no matter what the judges mark.  I would disagree with Sax that Debbie hasn't improved since week 1 - she has, but she just has had less of a sharp rise than the other 3.  As she said herself her fitness levels have inmproved greatly, as has her core and upper posture. Even Alex has improved slightly.  But I don't think Debbie is going to win either.  It is totally a popularity contest from now on and I think one of the other 3 will get it, with Joe being the strongest (I'm talking popularity-wise) contender and Mollie and Gemma being about equal.  I would be happy with any of them, even Debbie (though maybe not Alexandra, becausee of her racute inger-ness) holding up the glitterball.

But maybe it is just because I lost all my grumpiness in the snow and in the conviviality of a lovely evening with good freinds.  The roads were a bit hairy - I had to take a long detour in order to keep on the main roads which are gritted.  I hope all is safe and well whereever you are that the snow is cause of pleasure rather than havoc.

Keep safe. And keep warm. (And keep dancing - it will keep you warm Very Happy )
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Tappingfeet Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Seeing Danny Mac again my sulks re surfaced and I felt mad once more that Danny Mac was ROBBED

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Tappingfeet
Tappingfeet

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:30 pm

What struck me about the Friday panel was the massive differences in height. I didn't think Danny was particularly small when he danced with Oti last year, but Lisa Snowden towered over him, and the other man (sorry not sure who he was) dwarfed them all.

An ton's swivel was pretty non existent. From the VT I thought Janette must have won until the Zoe gave the result.

I noticed on the VT's Mollie was wearing dance shoes again. She's had bare feet in training for a few weeks and ballet pumps on for her Rumba last week. It looks like the battle of the ballrooms tomorrow.

I hadn't realised AJ had said it wasn't an illegal lift as it was done off a prop? Susan was lifted off the bench onto Kevin's shoulder. So that wasn't a lift?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:54 pm

diamonds - Maybe it's because for whatever reason I almost always find Scottish accents soothing that I can remain relaxed even when Joe and Katya are a bit hyped up. Btw everyone seems to have had snow but me - not even the non-settling kind!

B4 & Jingle - it's an interesting point AJ made about the lift not technically being a lift but in future I'd like the judges to make clear that it's still considered one even when off a prop. The women spend enough time in the air as it is!

Taps - I thought you were strictly AGIN the ringers and Danny was one of the ringiest ringers we had! Razz
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Tappingfeet Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:37 am

Sid wrote:diamonds - Maybe it's because for whatever reason I almost always find Scottish accents soothing that I can remain relaxed even when Joe and Katya are a bit hyped up. Btw everyone seems to have had snow but me - not even the non-settling kind!

B4 & Jingle - it's an interesting point AJ made about the lift not technically being a lift but in future I'd like the judges to make clear that it's still considered one even when off a prop. The women spend enough time in the air as it is!

Taps - I thought you were strictly AGIN the ringers and Danny was one of the ringiest ringers we had! Razz

Ah Sid you know me too well ! No I actually don't mind ringers if I like them ............I am only agin ringers if I don't like them . !! Laughing
So my former favourites who I really wanted to win were Alesha , Kara , Harry and Danny .Other years I wasn't so pushed and was doing well in my wishes until Ore scuppered my happy little world and went and won . Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Tappingfeet
Tappingfeet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next