Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2017

+8
TANGOLERO
B4p
allsewnonbyhand
diamondsandpearls
saxonsiren
fiftynotout
Sid
mauveangel09
12 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

It Takes Two 2017 - Page 13 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2017

Post  Sid Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:48 pm

Just wanted to add how funny I found Zoe's "T-woo" - and it felt like the first time this series she genuinely laughed and it reached her eyes and I felt happy for her.

Tappingfeet wrote:
Ah Sid   you know me too well ! No I actually don't mind ringers if I like them ............I am only agin ringers if I don't like them . !!  Laughing
So my former favourites who I really wanted to win were  Alesha , Kara , Harry  and Danny .Other years I wasn't so pushed and was doing well in my wishes until Ore scuppered my happy little world and went and won . Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Ha! fair do's Taps, I'm pretty much the same. I can't say I was AFOR Ore or AGIN Danny but I'm pleased the result wasn't the forgone conclusion I thought it was going to be as I was sure Danny had it sewn up from the start, and I found him a bit...dull. This year though I'd be very happy for either of the AHEDS to win but my votes are with Joe if he makes the final.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:26 pm

Apologetic, self-deprecating, magnanimous - Mollie was making me feel quite sad. I wish she'd performed in a way that made me like her dancing as much as I like her.

As for AJ, I'd be happy for him to sit out next series and bring Neil in.

Early in the series I was looking for any signs of catty glances or a potentially juicy feud between Darcey and Shirls but they seem to have genuinely formed the most wonderful womance. I think Shirley has helped to bring out the best in Darcey who's super relaxed now and is even giving more meaningful critique to couples that's worth listening to. They are a great double-act.

Salsa is an interesting judge's choice for Debbie and Gio. And by interesting I mean I don't like it! As performances go, it was great in a bonkers kind of way but party Latin is never going to Debbie's dance no matter how many times she redoes it. I feel their Rumba (tho not a routine that really did much for me) would have been a fairer choice for a Latin number to improve upon because I really do think she was capable of making it even better. I hope they're giving me their AT and not their Ballroom Tango for their couple's choice.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Sid wrote: I think Shirley has helped to bring out the best in Darcey who's super relaxed now and is even giving more meaningful critique to couples that's worth listening to.
I thought Shirl had been on the cider vinegar spritzers drunken

I'm glad Giovanni mentioned again about Cr aigs double standards regarding rules. All the judges should be backing their comrades regarding the rules whichever judge mentions them. Apparently the email didn't get round about the judges all dancing to the same tune. Mind you, we all know what a problem there's been with relevant music!

I was surprised they've gone for the Salsa, but if their show dance and other dance is ballroom, then I suppose at least it won't matter if she doesn't need to have the stricter style of latin legs? Bit worried Gio said that most of the routine is going to be off ground. Maybe it'll be to Aled Jones 'we're walking in the air'
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:47 pm

T ess & Cl audia are on ITT tomorrow.  pale

Not sure whether my blood pressure will take it. On the other hand, I do want to see Ian Waite, so I guess I'll have to get my  'mute' trigger finger into training in readiness.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:29 pm

B4p wrote:

I'm glad Giovanni mentioned again about Cr aigs double standards regarding rules. All the judges should be backing their comrades regarding the rules whichever judge mentions them. Apparently the email didn't get round about the judges all dancing to the same tune. Mind you, we all know what a problem there's been with relevant music!

I was surprised they've gone for the Salsa, but if their show dance and other dance is ballroom, then I suppose at least it won't matter if she doesn't need to have the stricter style of latin legs? Bit worried Gio said that most of the routine is going to be off ground. Maybe it'll be to Aled Jones 'we're walking in the air'

Close!

I think Shirley's been on the mulled wine since Saturday Laughing

And I noticed Jo brought up C.raig's selectivity about the 10-second rule in her blog and tonight on CC <thumbs up>
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:04 pm

B4p wrote:

Cider Vinegar Spritzers lol! lol! Didn't I say as much on Saturday night!!! Thought the same thing last night as well. She always seems to have a bit of a problem with the shimmy on to the floor on Saturday night - to be fair I think that sometimes it has been the costume, but I think slightly lower heels might be in order as I am always very relieved once she has made it safely to the judges table!! Not particularly liking the 'Womance' with D arcey to be honest.........there you go.

I too was glad that Gio mentioned C raig's comments about the rules that selectively seemed to apply to Debbie and Gio - Alex and Gorka had quite a lot of sections out of hold in their VW. I'm also glad that Jo mentioned tonight that Debbie and Gio got straight into the dance and into hold with no faffing.

Tonight - enjoyed the Gemma and Alijaz interview - she is very honest and I laughed when Alijaz said that he kept saying 'Tom Hardy' to her in a bid to get the romance going in the rumba. I think they have a very nice brother and sister type relationship and although she isn't one of my favourites to win I think she has been a refreshing type of contestant and I can see why she has got to where she has.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Yes I agree with you about Gemma, mauve. There's a down-to-earth authenticity about her that really appeals.

My idea of "favourite Strictly champs" most certainly does not comprise Hollins, Chambers and Ore! Put Alesha, Ramps and Kara on - then we're talking.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Tappingfeet Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:32 pm

What a treat t have Tess and Claudia on ITT , I love them both . I just love Claudias sense of humour and I actually laughed out loud again at Alaska ............ lol! lol!
Tappingfeet
Tappingfeet

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:36 am

Sid wrote:
My idea of "favourite Strictly champs" most certainly does not comprise Hollins, Chambers and Ore! Put Alesha, Ramps and Kara on - then we're talking.

I'd have Ramps sandwiched between Jay and Louis (though all three of them are fairly quiet,  so I'd bring Kara or Alesha in to liven the panel up a bit)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:25 pm

Sid wrote:Yes I agree with you about Gemma, mauve. There's a down-to-earth authenticity about her that really appeals.

In a normal and fair world, it should have been Colin Jackson, Austin Healey, Ramps etc. I enjoyed Louis Simpson but his acrobatic advantages were too much of a plus factor. I also thought Tom Chambers well deserved his win for his show dance; unexpected and classy dancing.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:24 pm

Gemma and Alijaz both so warm and genuine down to earth partnership..love ITT for its simple fUn at times..
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two 2017 - Page 13 Empty Re:It Takes Two 2017

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Sad Sad Sad We've only got a few more days to go! Really came home to me tonight when Zoe said it was the penultimate show?? Where has the time gone??? Don't want it to end......................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:01 pm

So Katya said their Showdance music has a "twist" which gives me the teeniest glimmer of hope that the routine might be a bit more grabbing than I'd envisaged.

However, they also said they'd picked a 'fan favourite' for the couple's choice and apparently Joe / Katya polled followers on Twitter a couple of weeks ago asking which dance their followers enjoyed most and their Charleston won  Shocked

I want MC Joe not Toy Soldier Joe!

I did laugh at how quickly Bonnie went from stanning Davood to stanning Debbie Laughing

jingle wrote:I'd have Ramps sandwiched between Jay and Louis (though all three of them are fairly quiet,  so I'd bring Kara or Alesha in to liven the panel up a bit)

Alesha's laugh alone deserves its own spot on the panel.

TANGOLERO wrote:

In a normal and fair world, it should have been Colin Jackson, Austin Healey, Ramps etc. I enjoyed Louis Simpson but his acrobatic advantages were too much of a plus factor. I also thought Tom Chambers well deserved his win for his show dance; unexpected and classy dancing.

Tom was good Mr T but not unexpectedly so really (bit like Joe his background went under the radar).

I think my Fantasy Panel of the "didn't we almost have it all" couples would be: Colin, Sophie, Rachel.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:37 pm

Sid wrote:

I think my Fantasy Panel of the "didn't we almost have it all" couples would be: Colin, Sophie, Rachel.

I'd sneak Ricky Whittle onto your panel too Sid. Would've got the glitterball I'm sure if it hadn't been for Team Cola's charleston.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:53 pm

Berlimey - what were they trying to do on ITT?  Even if you hadn't recently lost a parent or partner the montages were tear jerking.  I am not embarassed to admit I was crying as much as Alex was when they showed hers.  A bit unfair really, when it was guarenteed to make her sob.  It clearly got to Zoe too, who herself has been recently bereaved.  It feels a bit like puppeteering - deliberate manipulation.  I'm not really approving.

But good on Alex for sticking up for herself and her diplsay of emotion. We all grab whatever we can to get through difficult times and Strictly came along and was her life-buoy. Not everybody is made with a stiff upper lip and I have never begrudged her tears, or even her gushing.

And I had forgettten how lovely the dress she wore for the first dance was.

I thought Joe and Katya were a lot calmer today and Joe was very endearing.  I missed Gemma and Aljaz because I was distracted elsewhere.

If I manage to put my inner stroppy three year old away in time, I think tomorrow's final is between those two for me.  Alex HAS had a j word, but it has been a short one to the corner shop, rather than the complicated one to the other end of the country by public transport by the other two.  Debbie is somewhere in between - London to Brighton say,with a change at Clapham junction...

Anyway, I'm round to my ex-housemate's to watch it, we have wine, mulled wine, mincepies (GF of course), homemade burgers and, our favourite treat, a big cheese board.  Oh, and chocolate.  Plenty of that.

So whatever happens tomorrow night, I will be having a ball Very Happy

Last edited by diamondsandpearls on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:53 pm

Deffo Jingle. I'm not even sure the Cola Charleston would fare that well today. I feel like the novelty value of it really helped Cola sell it at the time.

The final show was, as usual, really emosh. I found I was changing my mind about who I wanted to win every time we saw another set of best bits. It's funny cos the 'ringers' don't usually tend to have the most meaningful storylines over the course of a series but listening to Debbie and Alex speak, I feel like either of them winning would be quite an emotional Strictly story. I don't think I've ever been in the position of not knowing who I'll be voting for ahead of a final - it's quite exciting!

Can I just say tho - we made it through an entire series of ITT without the Strictly Alphabet  cheers
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:59 pm

Aww, the last ITT of the series. I thought it was a satisfyingly full programme, great to see all the finalists in the one show, and lovely to catch up with all the other c.lebs. I'm looking forward to their group dance tomorrow.

I agree Sid, those last interviews with the four finalists were all touching, I got a bit teary during all of them.

I'm not sure who Tom Allen is, but I love him on the Friday panel!

She does get a bit over-excited at times, but I think Zoe does a fantastic job. So sad that ITT is over for another year...what to do at 6.30pm for the next nine months Crying or Very sad
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:59 pm

Sounds like the perfect night to me diamonds, enjoy!

I'll be at home, shushing anyone who dares to stray into the living room and engage in conversation (unless it's during Ed Sheeran).

Tom is a hilarious panelist and musn't be allowed to leave the sofa, Jingle!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:06 pm

Yes, if only they had had Marian or Miranda (or both!) to join Rufus and Tom it would have been a panel from heaven. I love Ian, but he's 'staff' so it's kind of pointless having him as he has said all the stuff he has to say elsewhere and he can't have favourites or agins like the others can, even if, like Rufus you couch it in very diplomatic terms.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:06 pm

Just watched it! So late to the party. I so so so wish/want/need/desire nay demand a POST final ITT. An hour long with the winner and other finalists
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:36 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Just watched it! So late to the party. I so so so wish/want/need/desire nay demand a POST final ITT. An hour long with the winner and other finalists

I think we say it EVERY year Sax... It falls on deaf ears (well, it falls on no ears, since nobody looks at this forum any more!).

But it would be brilliant. It just fall so flat. There's a sudden come down - it must be the same for the finalists. They don't get time for it to sink in and then have a final hurrah wiht Zoe. It would be so much more meaningful to have 'Here are your best bits' when they have truly finished, rather than the day before the final when they still have the best to come, possibly.

Ah well.... Probably need to Tweet it. Perhaps Sid could get his mate Marian on the case... Wink
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:28 am

diamondsandpearls wrote:
But it would be brilliant.  It just fall so flat.  There's a sudden come down - it must be the same for the finalists.  They don't get time for it to sink in and then have a final hurrah wiht Zoe.  It would be so much more meaningful to have 'Here are your best bits' when they have truly finished, rather than the day before the final when they still have the best to come, possibly.

The sudden Strictly withdrawal is the worst, like going cold turkey every year (I don't really see the pre-recorded xmas special as much consolation). Yes, I too wish there was a proper after-show - I remember one year they at least gave us some extra post-show interviews on the red button.

Agree, it must be a sudden come down for the contestants too, and I'd also like the BBC to give some 'aftercare' to us viewers.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:37 am

I decided to begin the mammoth task of present wrapping during the final show, as a sort of distraction because EVERY year I fall for it, every year they get me on the 'friends and family' VT. Alex's was especially moving Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad it must have been those onions I peeled earlier I the day...

Well I can only concur with our annual plea for a post final ITT, the red button year was all a bit hectic and you could tell everyone wanted to get to the wrap party! But going back to what D&P said about Strictly helping Alex in her grief, I also feel that for Zoe, this series gave her something to focus on and when it all goes flat next week and that first Christmas after a loss is looming she is going to feel it. I really hope that this series helped her too.
Sid wrote:we got through a whole series with no Strictly ABC
Haha I'd forgotten you said that at the beginning Sid! Am I right we haven't seen Robin at all on this series? I know he's been busy elsewhere but so are the others who return

I can't believe it's all over for another year, it seems like ages ago since the beginning but at the same time it's gone so quickly. My favourite bit has definitely been the dance classes with proper demos and explanation of the moves- unlike the hideous demo time in CC, which I like in principle but hate all the hype and music!

Your strictly final spread sounds lovely Diamonds, I'll be having my usual strictly tea ( basically party food!) but as it's the final I might pull,out all the stops and get the Extra Special range tongue of course mulled wine is de rigeur but I need to keep my wits about me as daughter has her works do tonight so she's going to miss watching it live with me but I have to text her when the voting starts so she can still put her vote in!!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:39 am

jingle wrote:Aww, the last ITT of the series. I thought it was a satisfyingly full programme, great to see all the finalists in the one show, and lovely to catch up with all the other c.lebs. I'm looking forward to their group dance tomorrow.

I agree Sid, those last interviews with the four finalists were all touching, I got a bit teary during all of them.

I'm not sure who Tom Allen is, but I love him on the Friday panel!

She does get a bit over-excited at times, but I think Zoe does a fantastic job. So sad that ITT is over for another year...what to do at 6.30pm for the next nine months Crying or Very sad

Sums it up perfectly Jingle - all us 'Take Two-ers' will no doubt be feeling the same next week Sad Sad and I totally echo the feeling that we should have a post-final show - and even a 'best bits' of the series show as well? I think it will be worse this year as there is over a full week to go before Xmas and the final is usually a little closer, so after it finishes I'm usually consumed in Xmas prep (which helps with the 'come down') and it is normally not too long before the Xmas Day Special, but not so this year - just the way the calendar has worked out.

Diamonds - sounds a great night that you have lined up! Very Happy I actually had dinner guests last night because I couldn't bear the disruption of having them on Finals night!!! (I know that all of you will understand this Very Happy Very Happy)

Loved the last ITT Show - I enjoyed the fact that it was from Elstree and that we will also be seeing all the celebs again tonight - it truly must be a great night out for the eliminated celebs!! It was emotional - once again, like you S id, I found myself wavering between couples and for me I still can't decide on Debbie or Joe - I am really looking forward to tonight......................and lots of chat on here afterwards Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy xxx

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13