Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2020 ITT Show & Presenters

+5
TANGOLERO
saxonsiren
fiftynotout
jingle
diamondsandpearls
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2020 ITT Show & Presenters - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 ITT Show & Presenters

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:24 pm

saxonsiren wrote:As both Hubby and I are covid positive we can still hug, cough, feel hot and shakey together.
We just cannot see any friends or family.

Gracious me, Sax! That sounds serious.... Hope you (and hubby) aren't feeling too awful and the symptoms don't get any worse xx
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:31 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:

Yes - I did mean one of the other latin dances which involve a totally different technique.     In the 10 dance competition the Paso is classed under the latin section but doesn't sit in latin as regards its history as it originates from Spain and France with the other latin dances as you know hailing from America and/or the Caribbean/ Brazil and requiring a different technique.    

Thanks Mauve. That's very helpful and useful clarification. I think it's why I get confused with Paso - as you say, it's NOT from Latin America. And as you say, it is very different in technique from the other latin dances - another reason for my confusion! I think I also confuse it with the Tango - not the dance itself (I know my Paso from my Tango!), but the fact that though Tango originated in Argentina - hence the Argentine Tango - it evolved in Paris into the ballroom version we know. Hence it is in the ballroom section of dance competition. So I can never remember if Paso is like this -evolved in Spain from a Latin dance and is thus in the Ballroom section, or if it is in the Latin section because... of something else!

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up...

And Caroline has the Cha Cha Cha this week, which should be... well, let's see.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

2020 ITT Show & Presenters - Page 2 Empty Re: ITT 2020 Show and Presenters

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Yes it will be interesting to see how Caroline copes with the cha cha - but I feel it is only fair that she tackles something different.

I know what you mean D+P about the Tango - and I know some of the judges get sniffy on SCD when contestants put elements of the Argentine Tango into the ballroom Tango. It is one of those dances like the paso that doesn't easily sit in either category. I'm very interested in dance history - I've read various things about the origins of the paso, that it dates back to the 16th century and was considered a bit of a folk dance that was danced in France as well as Spain which I thought was a little strange given its direct links to the bullfight - but I know that they do have a bullfighting tradition in some parts of the South of France - the Camargue for example, so I suppose that figures.

I'm behind on ITT this week - only just seen Monday night and felt very sorry for Alijaz being apart from Janette on her Birthday. HRVY was very entertaining tonight and I've decided I really like Clara.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:43 pm

I like all history, but have only very recently started to look into the history of dance. I am not very far along (it is very, very, very easy to fall down rabbit holes where you start watching lots of dancing and then end up watching a historically correct enactment of someone getting dresse in 1789...) I have done some research into Salsa (if I had known Janette was an authority I might have saved my efforts... Wink ) and the Foxtrot, Quickstep and Tango, to a certain degree. The problem is, that apart from rabbit holes, I get sucked in when they mention other dances, eg Merengue and then I have to look those up and look ate examples and find myself hold me take me the history of that instead. And then they talk about musical terms (eg synchopation -for which, as yet, no explanation has ever managed to convery what is actually meant by it, so I am still non the wiser) and then I have to look those up... Fun though!

The Paso history is interesting. I knew that some parts of Southern France had a bull-fighting tradition, so as you say, it figures...

i've been Afor Clara from the start. She is basically all of us - still pinching herself that she is there, dancing with a pro (Aljjaz!) and loving every second, but not taking it for granted. She has huge potential but has no history of dancing, so she falls into that lovely category of someone who goes on a the j word but hopefully will be pretty good by the final... She and Aljaz have a lovely partnership.

And yes, poor Aljaz and Janette - I somehow thing a rabbit with Aljaz's face on it isn't going to make up for not being able to get a hug from him!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:16 pm

Just caught up with ITT

Wasn't Erin a breath of fresh air?
Firm but fair as they say. Precise on what she liked with positive pointers along the way. MORE PLEASE!

So Nicola & Katya are back as guests next week to do a dance. Must be weird to be amongst the old gang but not really part of the competition anymore?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:29 pm

B4p wrote:Just caught up with ITT

Wasn't Erin a breath of fresh air?
Firm but fair as they say. Precise on what she liked with positive pointers along the way.
MORE PLEASE!

So Nicola & Katya are back as guests next week to do a dance. Must be weird to be amongst the old gang but not really part of the competition anymore?

Exactly. And no ego to get in the way. Much better characteristics to be a guest judge than 'Ha ha marvellous, channel a bit of L en, then a bit of Brucie, tell everyone how much I hate Latin and then score their Saahmba' I would suggest... (I'll stop soon I promise!)

Not fussed abut seeing Nicola and Katya again I find. Seems a bit futile and not sure I can take a full-on post-isolation sugared-up hyper Katya...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:01 pm

That was one of the better Friday panels I think. A good ITT tonight, and especially the interview with Karen and Jamie (alongside Clara and Aljaz they're very much on my Afor bench)

I'm enjoying Gethin's presenting style much more than Rylan. I feel Rylan speaks too quickly and mumbly, and he can get a bit too manic. Gethin seems to give people space to answer, and he's more laid back.

Nice interview with C.laud and T.ess too, they're clearly very good friends.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:54 pm

jingle wrote:I'm enjoying Gethin's presenting style much more than Rylan. I feel Rylan speaks too quickly and mumbly, and he can get a bit too manic. Gethin seems to give people space to answer, and he's more laid back.

I think Gethin's really getting into the role. He's relaxing down more this week, and it's more about the dancers. He's got a good conversational style going. I like Rylan but sometimes I find his larger than life camp personality overshadows everything else. I know Ian can turn on the camp, but for most of the time he's quietly serious about critiquing the celebs. Watch out Rylan - it might be cuban heels at dawn time when you want your job back!
B4p
B4p

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:20 am

Jingle I do agree and felt almost back to Friday Night Panel of earlier ITT series.
Would love to see Gethin a permanant presenter on ITT.
Thou im.not keen on the style of show in the morning his co presenting. Its all very 70's decor in the studio.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:13 pm

Hi all

I got a bit out of sync this week and watched Ian on Wednesday before I watched E rin on Tuesday!! Really enjoyed her critiques - only ex pros to do Choreography Corner please!

I missed last night as I haven't really been watching the Friday night shows this year - I have never really liked Gethin but I agree about Rylan sometimes wanting to be the star of the show and not really getting into the dance side enough - particularly with the Friday panel. I don't think that Rylan is laid back enough for this show.

I don't really mind Katya and Nicola coming back for one more dance - it was a kind of abrupt way to end their stint on the show and it will fill some time on the show tonight..............

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:20 pm

Just catching up with Friday nights ITT.

The panel - who are these people??????? I recognised Mike Bushel.

Cr aig - Is he aware that a lot of fans have been watching from Day 1, and many can quote who did which dance back to day 0?  
Ranvir's footwork in the A.Tango - Cr aig's never seen such footwork - what?????. We've seen some stunning celeb A.Tangos over the years. Wasn't he watching or has he just got some sort of memory loss?

If I hear anyone say - 'they're such a talented bunch this year' - 'it's such a high standard this year' - one more time, I'll have to throw a cushion.
Lazy lazy lazy. Same tripe regurgitated every year, and it's now starting to drip into the weekly ITT. So many old cliches I had to fast forward through most of it. Mad
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2020 ITT Show & Presenters - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 ITT Show and Presenters

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:03 pm

B4p wrote:Just catching up with Friday nights ITT.

Cr aig - Is he aware that a lot of fans have been watching from Day 1, and many can quote who did which dance back to day 0?  
Ranvir's footwork in the A.Tango - Cr aig's never seen such footwork - what?????. We've seen some stunning celeb A.Tangos over the years. Wasn't he watching or has he just got some sort of memory loss?

If I hear anyone say - 'they're such a talented bunch this year' - 'it's such a high standard this year' - one more time, I'll have to throw a cushion.
Lazy lazy lazy. Same tripe regurgitated every year, and it's now starting to drip into the weekly ITT. So many old cliches I had to fast forward through most of it. Mad

Totally agree B4P

These days I tend to just watch ITT on Monday to Wednesday. Thursday is a bit nothingy - the costumes all look fabulous in sketch form but then look totally different on the night! Friday is largely a waste of time. This week I did happen to see it and I also couldn't believe CRH's comments about Ranvir's footwork - yes it was quite a good and competent AT but I would leave it at that - it was not very memorable and as you say - there have been plenty of stunning ATs over the years, including one from Gio and one of his previous partners Debbie - which was not so long ago. I would love to know the basis of his comment that Ranvir's was the best footwork??? I also didn't like the way he singled out Clara for criticism - not very good for her nerves I would think.

The best thing about last night's show was the interview with the man who does the graphics which was interesting and I loved the way they created the top of the New York Skyscraper for Janette and HRVY's dance tonight.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:11 am

B4p wrote:Just catching up with Friday nights ITT.

I don't watch I.T.T. any more (always did wonder if some of them actually watched the show?) but these points of yours are a good example of judges (and presenters) leading the masses. Tess (I'm sure it was) went twanging on about Bill's age in a most patronising manner. It's wrong, the contestants are all doing their best regardless without leaders showing the way. Can it please.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:47 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Tess (I'm sure it was) went twanging on about Bill's age in a most patronising manner.  

It was Shirley.  Who is five years older than Bill...

(Tess is just four years younger than Bill.  She looks amazing.)

I like ITT still. I like Dress Corner and hate that it is so rushed. I would prefer half a show (at least) on frocks. I would prefer that to Gethin's not very interesting behind the stage bits. The Friday panel can be hit or miss. I mainly enjoyed this week's one - they all had proper thngs to say and were genuine fans, rather than merely having something to plug.

And I love Tess. I feel very protective of her.

And boring waltzes. I love a boring waltz.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:24 pm

Hi all

Just wanted to say that I thought Jo Clifton was the best Choreography Corner person that we've had this year. She mentioned an improvement point for every couple in a constructive way and didn't get too carried away with the over the top praise. She talked about the outside help that they get for certain dances and actually commented on the choreography! Her demos are always genuine and interesting - I think she would be a great teacher.

Ian also made some pertinent comments (although in passing) amongst his critiques this week - particularly about the fact that he feels we have already seen Jamie do a Jive because of all the high energy dances he has done - I know what you mean Ian!!! He also said something on the lines of Ranvir already showing she can do ballroom - can't quite remember. I like the way he complimented Amy on her teaching because once again you can see through the training VTs that she is doing lots of Charleston basic with JJ - swivels etc.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:32 pm

[quote="mauveangel09"]Just wanted to say that I thought Jo Clifton was the best Choreography Corner person that we've had this year. She mentioned an improvement point for every couple in a constructive way and didn't get too carried away with the over the top praise.  

Ian also made some pertinent comments (although in passing) amongst his critiques this week - particularly about the fact that he feels we have already seen Jamie do a Jive because of all the high energy dances he has done -   I know what you mean Ian!!!  

I agree mauve - I think Jo is the best in choreography corner. I love her analogies. I think she would be good demonstrating the basics of each dance like they used to do in the ballroom with a pro couple.

I also said tonight - another fast one for Jamie. It would be good to see more ballroom
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:49 pm

Friday night ITT

I felt a bit sorry for the Friday night panel having to wait whilst Rylan shovelled everything bar the kitchen sink into the show. There was far too much going on. It was so chaotic and disjointed I nearly switched off.

Either ditch the Pro challenger on a Friday or drop Gethin's Friday rehearsal chats which are pretty boring. Quality not quantity.

Somebody could have put a sock in Tim's mouth. Talk about 'me, me, me - I'm the centre of attention'. I think Rylan could have shut Tim up a bit to make more of Lloyd Webber, especially on Musicals week. They could have asked other people from a musical theatre background to make up the panel.

Why can't we have the singers interviewed or Dave Arch and his band?

Watching Gio and Gorka prancing around in high heels and dressed in drag this Saturday will be a hoot. Johannes is bound to steal the show.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:34 pm

I think we should rename it Frenzied Friday Panel! far, far to much going on. Maybe Rylan ate too many sugar canes?
Jo Clifton really does justice to Choreography Corner in a positive and constructive way whilst making it fun for yhe viewer too!
Maybe Jo might make a good Judge? there Ive said it out loud now lol! flower
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:04 pm

Agree sax. I think Jo would be a great judge
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:31 pm

Yes. But I don't like Jo.*

Also, the same as for A nton, Erin, Natalie and any other pro, it is not appropriate for them to be judging their ex-colleagues/peers.

We need NEW BLOOD!!

*But I agree she does a good job on choreography corner
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:04 am

Another pre work post.......

Please tell me if I am being silly but did anyone else pick up on just how shattered JJ looked on ITT last night? Almost as though something was amiss, I felt he looked very red and stressed almost like someone who has just received bad news. I can understand what a blow it must be to get knocked out at such a late stage and to very suddenly find your routine and your competition to be broken and over - but by the time we see them on Monday night, the celebs have had two days (since Saturday night) to get used to the idea and even if they get emotional it always seems to be more pensive and resigned by that point. With JJ it was almost as though he had just heard the news, and he hardly smiled - these two have obviously built up an intense relationship. Perhaps a lot of the celebs feel like this but the ones from the world of TV or entertainment just know how to hide it better and put their 'TV faces' on.............................what did others think?

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

2020 ITT Show & Presenters - Page 2 Empty RE: ITT 2020 Show and Presenters

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:07 am

Just also wanted to say that I'm quite enjoying the 'Archive Attic' feature. It's always good to see nuggets from the past and seeing Jives like Jill and Darren and Ore and Jo - remind me of just what the benchmark is for the Jive! Surprised they didn't show Jay and A liona.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:56 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Another pre work post.......

Please tell me if I am being silly but did anyone else pick up on just how shattered JJ looked on ITT last night?  .......what did others think?
I think the strain of the last 10 weeks has caught up with him. I think he's been running on adrenaline and is just exhausted. Also I wonder if he has to isolate again before he can see his family?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:59 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Just also wanted to say that I'm quite enjoying the 'Archive Attic' feature.
I think it's a great segment to the show too. not too frantic and good to look back. It made me smile when Ian said that the standard was higher then. Maybe on some of the series but it's always been a bit hit and miss for me
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:51 pm

B4p wrote:
I think it's a great segment to the show too. not too frantic and good to look back. It made me smile when Ian said that the standard was higher then. Maybe on some of the series but it's always been a bit hit and miss for me

Yes absolutely right - there have been good years and not so good years all the way through. Despite the obvious talents of the winners and finalists I don't think the standard was so high on the first few years - but I do think the expectations on the celebs were higher in terms of learning 2 dances from a much earlier point in the contest, not using so many props and sets and possibly (but not always) being marked more on technical dancing than 'performances'. I think the standard has then gone in phases with a run of really high standard years followed by an average one. I think since the inclusion of 'ringers' whilst controversial and questionable in some cases, it has definitely pushed the bar up for the other celebs.............and the 'ringers' don't tend to actually win do they?.......just something to bear in mind for this year...........although not for this thread... Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next