Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 Member news

+3
saxonsiren
diamondsandpearls
jingle
7 posters

Go down

2021 Member news Empty 2021 Member news

Post  jingle Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:41 pm

Not really my news as such, but I wasn't sure where else to put this. Am 'borrowing' this from a thread on Digital Spy - for anyone who's missing the brilliant Monkseal blog, there's a very witty and similarly-styled blog at  https://ariadnereviews.com/

I've just read her blog for Strictly week 2 and it's excellent and very humourous (and also quite a lot about fashion...I did wonder at one point whether our beloved Diamonds has an alter ego)

She also blogs on Bake off etc, which I haven't looked at yet.
jingle
jingle

diamondsandpearls likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021 Member news Empty Re: 2021 Member news

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:30 pm

lol!
It's not me, I swear - but I do follow Ariadne on Twitter (or at least, an Ariadne who likes clothes...). Didn't realise she had a blog (it MUST have come up on one of her twitter posts) and I will have a look.

I miss Monkseal's blogs so very much, but I follow him on Twitter too and so I still get his short hand versions of his observations on Strictly Smile
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:26 pm

It IS the Ariadne I follow - she's even changed her name to 'Ariadne Reviews'.... so I should have known!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:07 am

I'm really enjoying her reviews, very witty and observant... they fill the gap left by Monkseal
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:13 pm

Read them too😁
Currently im being Nursemaid, Cook,Cleaner for my parents since Friday am..Both tested positive for Covid.
After 2 Ambulances Thurs/Fri am& mom as main carer not leaving Dad I had to step in. Im 80 mins away from them.
Dad bedbound re Cancer & Cathetar his on last legs.Social Services have been terrible. No respite bed for Dad re Covid & care agencies saying no to visits. St Giles Hospice been coming in twice a day to help do bed wash change cathetar bags etc. I do battle tomorrow with District Nurses & Dr.
I have to be away home Monday night as hubby due an op in 14 days. Need it not to be cancelled re covid ecposure. I have no one to walk dog during the 12 hrshifts he works when im not there. Sister lives 5 minutes away and refused to come Friday as didnt want Covid. I still have long Covid . Sometimes siblings are a pain!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:53 pm

Oh sax. That sounds awful and such pressure for you. Take care you don't grind yourself down in the process. Sending love and best wishes flower
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:40 pm

Oh Sax, what an absolutely dreadful situation, my heart goes out to you. Sending you all my best wishes and I hope everybody has a speedy recovery flower
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:58 am

Thank you both for your kind thoughts.
Dad was taken into Hospital Monday midday as he had stopped drinking. He is dehydrated and his Heart has been hit by Covid. He has AF and a damaged heart.
Mom on antibiotics currently as she has asthma & angina.
I had to come home last night as appointment for me had to keep. My test negative on Monday. Ill do another tomorrow. Got carers coming in for mom and she rang to complain its a male carer! She can self wash etc carees are there to help with lunch/drinks & put washing on and in tumble dryer.
Kept them safe for last year for Dad to get it from the Hospital. x
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:44 am

Thinking about you Sax. Keep your chin up. My prayers are with you. God bless.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021 Member news Empty Re: 2021 Members News

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:54 pm

Sorry to have posted this later than what I should have done but I'm really thinking of you Sax.
I cared for my Mum and Dad and I know that it can run you ragged - and that was before COVID. It must be a very difficult time for you. Sending you lots of love xx

mauveangel09

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:55 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Read them too😁
Currently im being Nursemaid, Cook,Cleaner for my parents since Friday am..Both tested positive for Covid.
After 2 Ambulances Thurs/Fri am& mom as main carer not leaving Dad I had to step in. Im 80 mins away from them.
Dad bedbound re Cancer & Cathetar his on last legs.Social Services have been terrible. No respite bed for Dad re Covid & care agencies saying no to visits. St Giles Hospice been coming in twice a day to help do bed  wash change cathetar bags etc. I do battle tomorrow with District Nurses & Dr.
I have to be away home Monday night as hubby due an op in 14 days. Need it not to be cancelled re covid ecposure. I have no one to walk dog during the 12 hrshifts he works when im not there. Sister lives 5 minutes away and refused to come Friday as didnt want Covid. I still have long Covid . Sometimes siblings are a pain!
Are you in the UK sax?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:25 pm

Hi B4P yes Im in UK.
Today mom taken in by Ambulance as breathless. Now have both parents in Hospital
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:36 pm

Thoughts with you Sax. So awful for you and them. Praying for you..
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:38 pm

My thoughts are with you saxonsiren at this stressful time.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down