Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strictly Books

+33
Poppetlovestango
jingle
saxonsiren
Lucielle
LOST-TANGO
lualen
2toTango
bluecat
salsarae
Kytiara
Toby Jugg
Admin
ewoodie
Alder
David Tee
ladycat
sparklysheila
133-230-44039-18180-800
Pat Shed
MrsArcanum
TompsHB
Mila
fkaIgor *LT*
Mslightfoot
TANGOLERO
allsewnonbyhand
Sid
Lilypad
fiftynotout
Frankie Spence
bomum
Sofajudge
Pink Pinot Girl
37 posters

Page 36 of 43 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 39 ... 43  Next

Go down

Strictly Books - Page 36 Empty Re: Strictly Books

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Sob Im having to clear out books & its so hard to let them go!! My OH complaining books all over the place in Read pile, to read pile & more books being ordered!! I have made an ultimation no way Jose Are my Shardlake books going!! All my books are in beautiful condition & weirdly some of them I mourn their passing!! Some I have re-read & still enjoyed. Ive given some to the TWG thou 70+ age group won't wish Twilight series or The Host again by Stephanie Meyer a fabulous sci-fi alien book!! Very Happy s or my murder books or Jo Jo Moyles. Very Happy.Anyone else have a book mountain & not wishing to get rid of them?? Its so hard yet my OH's books I mm show no mercy too Shocked

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:50 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Also just been given hardback THICK copy of JK Rowlings Casual Vacancy!! Im unsure if I can think its not HP.My friend did enjoy it!! Trying to ask her to review it here!! Shes a little shy & worried re not writing a sensible review! Advised I managed(I think!) to review books & no-one had rebuked etc on here!! So hoping for new member!!

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who'd be very interested in her review - please go for it Sax's friend, all thoughts appreciated on here!
I picked up the Casual Vacancy in Waterstones the other day, walked around with it... and then put it down again. Just not sure if I like the idea of an adult Rowling book (same way as I can't bear the thought of a non-Shardlake Sansom book)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:56 pm

Jingle I felt the same way re a non-shardlake book!! I kept looking at Winter In Madrid thinking I won't enjoy it however I DID!! Totally different era helped & very well written!! I do recomend it part of reason why I pre ordered Dominions!! oops forgot advise OH another book!!! JK Rowling I shall read & see!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Sax - I'm half way through Life, Death & Vanilla Slices and can't put it down. What a brilliant writer Jenny Eclair is.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Good to hear Sid Im torn re choosing it for the book club!! Apparently her other books are equally good!!
Its great when you have a book that you cannot put down Very Happy

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Oooh I hope you do choose it Sax! Any excuse to buy it! Wink I know exactly what you mean re book mountain, I am same. Can't bear to get rid of books but really am running out of space!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:59 pm

I noticed Lucielle you have reviewed The Poison Tree!! I haven't peeped as its one of my library books this month!! Then I can read your review & add mine!! Ive read Sals partners book!!! Very thought provoking!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:25 pm

Bob was on the One show!!!! purrrrfect cat.The book is out A street cat named Bob!!! A definate read for me!!!
What a wonderful character. Bob has & his friend too!! Bob did a high five Very Happy

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:06 am

saxonsiren wrote:I noticed Lucielle you have reviewed The Poison Tree!! I haven't peeped as its one of my library books this month!! Then I can read your review & add mine!!
Yes, I have and I look forward to reading yours as and when. I do recommend it btw. Happy reading. Smile
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:46 pm

I've just finished a rather special book called Memoirs Of An Imaginary Friend by Matthew Green. It's about a young boy called Max, who shows signs of autism. He creates an imaginary friend called Budo to help him make sense of the world. The two are devoted to each other and need each other more than ever. Written from Budo's perspective, I found this book totally original and charming and funny and powerful and heart-breaking. One of my favourite reads this year:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0751547875/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Thanks Sid I shall have a peep at this Very Happy

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:18 pm

Me too, your recommendations always turn out to be good'uns Sid

Hows the bookclub getting on with Night Circus? Afraid I haven't had time to read it yet.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:01 pm

I'm half way through Night Circus- loving it but keep falling asleep!! Sleep Sleep I think Sid has read it before, so I'm looking forward to hearing his views too!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Im half way through Night Circus an intense book & Ive been tired this week!!! Should be done before end read for Lucielle to reveal her book choice!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Im having a little trouble now 3/4 way through Night Circus & Im losing the plot a little!! Have to keep re reading last few pages where I left to settle again into book.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  salsarae Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Joy of joys I have internet again!

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to Sax for her review of the OH´s book, it was great, and put his mind at ease! (He thinks I´m being biased when I tell him it´s great!).
Being very rubbish at the book club I´m afriad, just got no spare cash for new books, but I did get a fabulous recipe book for my birthday, lots of introductory reading, it´s by Claudia Roden and called The Food of Spain. I learnt so much about the history of Spain!
salsarae
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Very Happy Welcome back you have been missed!!!! Very Happy

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Belated Happy Birthday Sals!!! Hope you had a lovely day!!! Its very wet here &dark dark evenings!! Glad your OH thought review was ok!!! Forgot to add naughty step book soon on route plus the WW1 book Very Happy

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:16 am

Just to give everyone the heads up I've posted my Night Circus review-looking forward to hearing what others thought of it.... study study study
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:41 pm

Next book choice is still under consideration. Will let you know before the end of the month. Smile
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:44 pm

Ive posted my review too!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Sorry guys, I'll be late with my review - hectic month at work, too shattered to do anything but doze in front of the TV. I promise not to peek!
Sleep
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:24 am

jingle wrote:Sorry guys, I'll be late with my review - hectic month at work, too shattered to do anything but doze in front of the TV. I promise not to peek! Sleep
I'm in good company then. Am only a couple of chapters in but shall endeavour to meet end of month deadline.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:20 pm

Thats ok Jingle Very Happy we all get busy!!! Be great to read your review no matter when posted!
Im sure in December when Lucielle advises her choice we will all be a little more busier!!! As that dreaded Christmas presents/tree/food shopping starts!! & the fight with the turkey!!! off topic but I loved that scene in the boxing ring woman v turkey in a christmas advert Razz Ive got 5 books stocked up already!!! Not sure when to start!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Finished reading Deity by Steven Dunne the other day. If crime thrillers are your bag, then this'll be right up your street. It's actually the 3rd book in The Brook Chronicles - though it works perfectly well as a stand alone (I haven't read the first two books in the series myself).

There are two crimes under inve$tigation - the disappearance of four college students and the murder of vagrants who are missing their internal organs when discovered. The plotlines run side by side and eventually converge with plenty of twists along the way. The writing is incisive, the atmosphere is chilling and the damaged but quirky DI Brook makes for a fascinating central character:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deity-Steven-Dunne/dp/0755383680/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Last edited by Sid on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 43 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 39 ... 43  Next