Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strictly Books

+33
Poppetlovestango
jingle
saxonsiren
Lucielle
LOST-TANGO
lualen
2toTango
bluecat
salsarae
Kytiara
Toby Jugg
Admin
ewoodie
Alder
David Tee
ladycat
sparklysheila
133-230-44039-18180-800
Pat Shed
MrsArcanum
TompsHB
Mila
fkaIgor *LT*
Mslightfoot
TANGOLERO
allsewnonbyhand
Sid
Lilypad
fiftynotout
Frankie Spence
bomum
Sofajudge
Pink Pinot Girl
37 posters

Page 37 of 43 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43  Next

Go down

Strictly Books - Page 37 Empty Re: Strictly Books

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Sid that sounds right up my street Very Happy! !! I have almost promised not to buy any mote books & wait for Christmas!!! Have my sticky hands on A Street Cat Named Bob!!!! ooh to read now or not!?

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:24 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Sid that sounds right up my street Very Happy! !! I have almost promised not to buy any mote books & wait for Christmas!!! Have my sticky hands on A Street Cat Named Bob!!!! ooh to read now or not!?

Sax

That's on my reading pile as well Smile
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Did you see Bob on The One Show!! So handsome & he can do a paw high five!!! A very uplifting story I feel it will be!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:10 pm

I have started A Street Cat named Bob!!! Very Happy Wonder if I can teach my two cats to high five Razz! Or wear a scarf

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:30 am

Ive finished A Street Cat Named Bob!!! Very Happy A lovely book to read & I read right through until 5am!!A heart warming story! I do recommend it for all & no tears!!!!o

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:12 pm

Has anyone read Flavia de Luce Mysteries written by Alan Bradley as I'm thinking of choosing The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag as our next book ? I have only read a couple of reviews but they're not always reliable. Any comments anyone?
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:25 pm

I haven't heard of those mystery books.Are they one off books or a triology? Ill check reviews

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Mmmmm Ive checked its an 11 yr old old as a sleuth detective mmm not awfully keen re subject.Sorry

Sax

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:51 pm

If you're not keen, Sax, you can always give it a miss. I'll see what Jingle and Alls think when they've read this link. This one looks quite good.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8517008-a-red-herring-without-mustard

Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:17 pm

I had you down for Hilary Mantle Wolf Hall!!! Very Happy reading other review re 2nd title now.Its good we can say a mmm not this month & all understand!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:21 am

Well I've read a couple of reviews and I'm happy to read it, but as you say Sax, it's good that anyone feels happy to say 'not for me' in any given month.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:29 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Well I've read a couple of reviews and I'm happy to read it, but as you say Sax, it's good that anyone feels happy to say 'not for me' in any given month.
I agree it is good to have some flexibility - on a good reason - but not too often because it defeats the point of a book group. I asked people's opinion beforehand because it's better if we are happy to start with I think. This book is a different genre and hopefully a lighthearted one. Very Happy
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:40 pm

The second choice Lucielle seemed better.I agree re if a good reason re ethics etc ie re HG re subject children killing each other.Similar to my reason re the Asylum story.Im willing to give most genres a go. So if majority agree I shall read.Are you further along with Night Circus?
Im curious how people feel re murder cases? ie The Ripper? Im fascinated re all the different theories! Ive read a book re The Wests didn't enjoy it!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:02 pm

saxonsiren wrote:The second choice Lucielle seemed better.I agree re if a good reason re ethics etc ie re HG re subject children killing each other.Similar to my reason re the Asylum story.Im willing to give most genres a go. So if majority agree I shall read.
That's good. I hope you can borrow it from the library rather than having to buy.
saxonsiren wrote:Are you further along with Night Circus?
Yes, jogging along. About half way through. It's getting more interesting now so faster reading (or should I say not falling to sleep so quickly). Very Happy
saxonsiren wrote:Im curious how people feel re murder cases? ie The Ripper? Im fascinated re all the different theories! Ive read a book re The Wests didn't enjoy it!!
I don't like reading about real life murders although, strangely, I like watching them on TV - mainly to learn about the processes involved in discovering who did it and why. Book-wise, I like a good mystery not necessarily to do with murder. The paranormal is one of my favourite genres providing nothing too scary.Very Happy
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:53 pm

My last two books Night Circus & A Street Cat named Bob from the library.Ill have a check re library for either
of the titles.Never really read much re the paranormal I hated paranormal activity films!!! The Ripper books arever similar to the tv shows!!! I note we all are staying clear of Sci Fi!!! Wonder why this is as some films/tv sci fi shows I enjoy.
Loving David Attenborough on tv Very Happy.Ive ordered Merle's story & asked for quite a few books for christmas!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:25 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I note we all are staying clear of Sci Fi!!! Wonder why this is as some films/tv sci fi shows I enjoy.
I don't like Sci Fi. No idea why.
saxonsiren wrote:Ive ordered Merle's story & asked for quite a few books for christmas!!
I did think of having Merle's Door as my chosen book but decided I couldn't go through that again, nor did I want anyone else to. I know we are all dog lovers. Hard to believe I still think of those last couple of paragraphs even now.Strictly Books - Page 37 350
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:05 pm

I do understand Lucielle I have the book I haven't managed to read it yet!!! Guess a bit too emotional at minute too however I will.I do recomend thou Lucielle The Host by Stephanie Meyer!!! Not a Vampire/Werewolf in sight!! A brilliant read & its a little sci fi too.
How would people feel re Wolf Hall??

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:51 am

saxonsiren wrote:
How would people feel re Wolf Hall??
I'm hoping to tackle Wolf Hall and Bringing up the bodies at some stage Sax, though both of them look very very long. Don't think I'd have a chance at the moment as so busy at work I'm too tired to read much.
Sorry guys, I'm still at the start of Night Circus, my review may be a wee bit late (but I definitely want to read it, am on page 9 at the moment and already think it's going to be my kind of book)

Like your choice of the Red Herring book Lucielle, definitely count me in!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:05 am

jingle wrote:Like your choice of the Red Herring book Lucielle, definitely count me in!
Excellent, Jingle, then consider it the book for December. Would just like to point out that this is a random choice I have no previous knowledge of the author nor his other books in the Flavia Luce mysteries series. The reviews are good but may not necessarily agree with ours. Chosen because I wanted something lighthearted and, hopefully, amusing.

Just a thought....would it be helpful to extend the December book through to January as well, with Christmas (aarrrggh) coming up an' all ?
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:49 am

In a previous post here Lucielle I had advised December may be a slower read so I agree partly with you Lucielle.A little concerned if we keep tagging an extra month on!! Some books we read quickly others take a little time!!! It isn't a worry for me if anyone is a week late posting etc!! Where we have taken an extra month earlier in year it sets me a little out of sync re writing reviews again!!!

Yes I know Wolf Hall would be a long book-Both books are on my Christmas list so if not a popular choice I would read them anway.Guess better think again

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:11 pm

Sax, you'll be pleased t hear I've finally started Shardlake...will let you know how I get on Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:20 pm

cheers Alls you will enjoy it!!! Shardlake is such an endearing character & the writer draws you into his world!
Once read Dissolutions you will so wish more!!!

Sax Very Happy
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Just seen an advert for new drama on ITV for The Poison Tree!! Wonder if its the same book? Very Happy

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:40 pm

It is - and I like the look of the actress playing Biba - exactly as I imagined her. Rex is more handsome than I had thought. Am looking forward to see if it does the book justice - but looks promising so far.

How are you getting on with A Red Herring without Mustard ? I'm collecting my copy from the library tomorrow.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:55 pm

Ordered from Library hope in Monday!! I shall pop The Poison Tree on record!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 43 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43  Next