Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

+30
lualen
Poppetlovestango
Little Ms Hit
Littlebear
hatlady28
jingle
Maya53
fiftynotout
Pink Pinot Girl
Sofajudge
Lucielle
diamondsandpearls
B4p
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklypink
Redcurrant
MissingLilia
mauveangel09
kate
gingercodgers
LOST-TANGO
David Tee
Sid
Mslightfoot
MrsArcanum
allsewnonbyhand
chris82
Sadiesamba
saxonsiren
Twirlie
34 posters

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 10 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  kate Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:32 am

Little Ms Hit wrote:On that note I couldn't remember Alesha in the bottom 2, was it in the semis? Cos I thought there was only 3 in the semis that year so it wasn't really a bottom 2. I'm not sure though, perhaps Kate could have a look in that bubbling cauldron of facts and figures of hers?
From the "bubbling cauldron of facts and figures" (I like that!) Very Happy
Alesha was in the bottom 2 in the Quarter Final, alongside Letitia Dean who went out (obviously). Gethin Jones was knocked out in the semis, and Matt Di Angelo reached the final alongside Alesha.
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 10 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  Sid Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:51 am

Awww I still like Jason Smile I don't why he comes across so serious though. He wasn't like this in the jungle and he's not like this on Heart readio. Lighten up Jas!

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:59 pm

kate wrote:Gethin Jones was knocked out in the semis, and Matt Di Angelo reached the final alongside Alesha.

The only thing from all the series of Strictly that still makes me seethe with anger!!!!!
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:00 pm

Honestly, Mr. Jordan, did you really think that thick soled trainers would be the shoe of choice for precise fast botafogos? Artem, hey who would have thought it, did the record in the most formal shoes of any of them except Natalie........
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  LOST-TANGO Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:31 pm

After much prolonged deliberation I finally decided I can live without Claudia on ITT. Zoe, she of the good looks, superb figure and nine-foot long legs, has actually done a very good job and I hope she comes back. Yes, she has affected a few "Claudisms" in her fast-speech and quick change of subject but she also has brought her own personality to the programme and she knows her dance very well. She was always a top contestant and now is a top presenter. Just thought you ought to know. Wink

As for the botafogo thing, I once beat that crossing a Spanish beach at noon-time on sunburnt feet. Very Happy
LOST-TANGO
LOST-TANGO

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:51 pm

hatlady28 wrote:Artem... did the record in the most formal shoes of any of them except Natalie........
I'm renaming you Hat&ShoeLady. Good observation. Smile

Sid wrote:Awww I still like Jason I don't why he comes across so serious though. He wasn't like this in the jungle and he's not like this on Heart readio. Lighten up Jas!
I've heard Jason's Heart show a few times when I'm driving back from Mum's on a Sunday afternoon. There's a lot of music and not many links, and of course you get the chance to prepare radio links in advance. Maybe he's not good off the cuff? Didn't see him in the jungle, but I agree with Twirls that he's taking himself far too seriously on Strictly, and I don't see it benefitting him 'professionally' if his 'acting' in the dance routines is anything to go by.

I'm liking Zoe a lot too now, L-T. I guess I was being resistant to change at first, but she gets across dance info better imo. I wasn't too happy to hear her mention L.en's Dance Clinic tonight, though. Thought that one had gone in the bin. Ian's Dance Clinic would be much better!
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:01 pm

James Jordan on ITT tonight. Utter t*w*a*t. I know the ITT botafogo trophy was mere frippery but it didn't deserve to be signed off on a cloud of appalling petulance.

I'm done with the chauvinistic, narcissistic, aren't -I-perfect, all-knowing / all-wise routine. I hope Alex kicks him in the cobblers before the series is up. Preferably live on TV so I can replay it.

David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  LOST-TANGO Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:28 pm

David Tee wrote:James Jordan on ITT tonight. Utter t*w*a*t. I know the ITT botafogo trophy was mere frippery but it didn't deserve to be signed off on a cloud of appalling petulance.

I'm done with the chauvinistic, narcissistic, aren't -I-perfect, all-knowing / all-wise routine. I hope Alex kicks him in the cobblers before the series is up. Preferably live on TV so I can replay it.

lol!
LOST-TANGO
LOST-TANGO

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:31 pm

This is a bitchy thing to say but James Jordan is not ageing very well in the face. He looks tight and sharp and hard. He is only in his early 30s but, to me at least, he looks as much as 10 years older. The face you have at 20 isn't your fault. By 30 you are starting to get the face that you've earned.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:37 pm

hatlady28 wrote:This is a bitchy thing to say but James Jordan is not ageing very well in the face. He looks tight and sharp and hard. He is only in his early 30s but, to me at least, he looks as much as 10 years older. The face you have at 20 isn't your fault. By 30 you are starting to get the face that you've earned.

Early 30s seriously? I'm 37 but I thought he was a good few years older than me.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Blimey! That surprised me so much, I felt the need to do a How Old? survey on the pros.
Data was from wikipedia, that well-known source of 'facts' that even cites this thread as a reference, so I wouldn't bet any money on this being correct but (as of today, and in pensioner to yoof order):

A.nton 45 (even older than me!!!)
Erin 36
Brendan 35
Kristina 34
James 33
Flavia 32
Vincent 32
Robin 32
Pasha 31
Natalie 31
Artem 29
O.la 29
Katya 28
Aliona 27
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:30 pm

David Tee wrote:James Jordan on ITT tonight. I hope Alex kicks him in the cobblers before the series is up. Preferably live on TV so I can replay it.
Razz Razz Razz Ballroom malfunction? affraid Makes a change from wardrobe.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:06 am

B4p wrote:
David Tee wrote:James Jordan on ITT tonight. I hope Alex kicks him in the cobblers before the series is up. Preferably live on TV so I can replay it.
Razz Razz Razz Ballroom malfunction? affraid Makes a change from wardrobe.

lol!
Maybe explains why he's always so testy?

Totally agree with the comments on James, I've never had strong feelings one way or the other, but this series he seems to be so annoying. Over the past weeks he's been subtly turning Alex into a victim (he wouldn't have dared to do that with Pamela last year, she would've gutted him). It seems to be rubbing off on Alex now - thought last night on ITT she was talking herself down way too much.

33? Shocked I don't believe it
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:46 am

A.nton looks younger than James. Brendan looks younger.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ms Hit Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:23 am

kate wrote: From the "bubbling cauldron of facts and figures" (I like that!) Very Happy
Alesha was in the bottom 2 in the Quarter Final, alongside Letitia Dean who went out (obviously).

Thanks Kate! Smile

kate wrote:
Erin 36
Brendan 35
Kristina 34
James 33
Flavia 32
Vincent 32
Robin 32
Pasha 31
Natalie 31
Artem 29
O.la 29
Katya 28
Aliona 27

Think Brendan could pass as much younger than James but the one that surprises me the most is Pasha, can't believe he's in his thirties! I would have said mid twenties at the most!

And Congrats to Artem on his world record although I would love to have seen Vincent have a go.

Little Ms Hit
Little Ms Hit

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:12 am

I've always liked James but he seems to have forgotten his place on the show. He's a pro dancer not a celebrity. Most of the pros get the balance right, just look at Pasha, and even Brendan knows when to put a sock in it these days.

Gracious in defeat, James, a phrase you need to gen up on because you'll need it at the weekend!

Last edited by fiftynotout on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ms Hit Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:16 am

fiftynotout wrote:Gracious in defeat, James, a phrase you need to gen up on it because you'll need it at the weekend!

cheers

Never was a virtual kick in the cyber-nuts more well deserved FNO!
Little Ms Hit
Little Ms Hit

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Little Ms Hit wrote:

kate wrote:
Erin 36
Brendan 35
Kristina 34
James 33
Flavia 32
Vincent 32
Robin 32
Pasha 31
Natalie 31
Artem 29
O.la 29
Katya 28
Aliona 27

Think Brendan could pass as much younger than James but the one that surprises me the most is Pasha, can't believe he's in his thirties! I would have said mid twenties at the most!

And Congrats to Artem on his world record although I would love to have seen Vincent have a go.

Pasha surprises me as well, I have said 27 at the absolute outside. Other than that they're mostly about the ages I thought there were, although I think that I have heard some of the ages before so maybe that's why. Aliona is a bit older than thought (somehow I'd got the ides she's 25) and Katya a bit younger (I'd have put her at early 30s) but that's it.
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Sorry, very late to the party, but just caught up with last night's ITT

AND........

I was right! Artem came home in front!

BUT

I was wrong! Artem won by a good lead, rather than the one or two I was predicting.

It;s funny, the first and the last stand well clear of the others. They are all bunnched up in the 60's, and then Brendan slightly ahead with 70.

I don't know what that means, but I just thougth I would mention it... Smile
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ms Hit Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Tina Sparkle wrote:
Little Ms Hit wrote:

Pasha surprises me as well, I have said 27 at the absolute outside.

He certainly doesn't look his age but his whole 'goofiness' also makes him seem quite youthful. However I think a lot of this has came about due to him being partnered with Chelsee who's definitely very young for her age and their relationship has been a huge part of our first impression of Pasha.

I think he's been a fantastic and very well preserved addition to the show!

Little Ms Hit
Little Ms Hit

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:05 pm

I'm also late to this party having only just caught up on ITT. I may be in the minority here but I thought James was hamming it up like a good'un in the challenge. I was really laughing especially as justice was done- we know how uber competitive he is!

And FNO - never a truer word was spoken- he will need to practice being gracious if all goes as it should this weekend

Pasha was the surprise for me too, I think I must be getting old- I thought he was about 12...well alright about 25 then. Wink

Last edited by allsewnonbyhand on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong number typo)
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  LOST-TANGO Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:23 pm

So what did you think about the "One more day" song? I thought they all did really well with the expressions and it came across as quite professional. Surprised to see it and more surprised at how well it screened. Nice touch.
LOST-TANGO
LOST-TANGO

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ms Hit Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:48 pm

LOST-TANGO wrote:So what did you think about the "One more day" song? I thought they all did really well with the expressions and it came across as quite professional. Surprised to see it and more surprised at how well it screened. Nice touch.

Absolutely loved this VT! Very Happy And didn't Chelsee look as cute as a button in her little furry hood!

Oh for the days of pre-Cowellian Crimbo songs!!!!! Will we ever hear their likes again? Sad
Little Ms Hit
Little Ms Hit

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Loved that VT, especially Holly's sneer and Harry hamming it up. Though it pains me to say this, even James was quite funny in that one too! Very Happy

Anyway, just thought I should note that Jason has finally woken up to the fact that it comes across so much better on ITT when you treat Strictly as a fun opportunity to learn to dance, and not as some serious professional j-word. At last! Possibly too late, but never mind. Did somebody tell him? Rolling Eyes
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:04 pm

LOST-TANGO wrote:So what did you think about the "One more day" song? I thought they all did really well with the expressions and it came across as quite professional. Surprised to see it and more surprised at how well it screened. Nice touch.

I loved it. Auntie's been a bit hit and miss with her vids but this was a good one. It wouldn't surprise me if it crept into tomorrow nights schedule somewhere...
David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next