Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 17 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 17 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  saxonsiren Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:29 am

I agree mauve! Loved the village from the start.Its not full of action or hysterics.The characters have grown in deoth and for me portrays a more accurate way of life.Please follow through the decades with Bert BBC
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 17 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  Sid Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:12 pm

A friend mentioned The Village to me the other day too, but I'm probably too late to join it now!

I've been enjoying Kay Mellor's latest drama In The Club and, of course, the Bake Off.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:06 am

Currently enjoying Bake Off - and Another Slice!!

We are also watching The West Wing on Sky Box Sets - one of my favourite series. That's not to say that I understand American politics!! Just think it's one of the best shows ever.
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:45 pm

I found Game of Thrones in the Summer now started Season Three and Im hooked
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:01 pm

Another brilliant series! We watched seasons 1 - 3 when it was repeated over a year ago, then season 4 in real time. Looking forward to season 5 next year! Meantime, we are rewatching on Sunday nights right from the beginning - it's amazing how many things or characters you forget, or don't realise at the time just how significant they will be later. I also read the first book in the saga - for once, the TV series does not depart from the book. Have to start reading the rest of them now!
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:31 pm

lualen wrote:Currently enjoying Bake Off - and Another Slice!!

Extra Slice was a bit awkward with Diana this week! Whilst she was thoughtless to take Iain's Baked Alaska out the freezer (and I felt no one should have been eliminated on account of that), the brouhaha has been ridiculous, especially given she's unwell.

Mystified by how rapidly downhill builder Richard's bakes have gone. It's a shame as I really like him. Chetna's slowly creeping up, I like her a lot. I've been rooting for Martha but her bakes are getting a bit messy and I can't take to Nancy (no idea why) or Luis (coming across as too much of a know-all!).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:49 pm

Have to agree with some of what you say Sid!

I didn't think that anybody should have been eliminated when Iain was sent home - they should have sent two off the following week.

Richard has been one of my favourites up to now - and I thought a potential winner, but he just seems to have lost it. Luis has apparently entered lots of competitions in the past so is maybe not as amateur as some of the others. Chetna is growing on me and I quite like Kate as well (although she is also slipping down the list!).

As usual - there is no overall leader and I have no idea who is going to win!!
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:58 pm

Looking forward to watching the first of 3 part Cilla biopic tonight. I like Aneurin and Sheridan, the two main leads playing Bobby & Cilla.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 17 Empty Re: Other TV Programmes you like or loathe

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:09 pm

Really enjoyed 'Cilla' - what a great cast, I have to say this is what attracted me to it as I wasn't quite sure about the concept of this one - with our Cilla being very much alive and kicking - (if you know what I mean) I was pleasantly surprised - Sheridan Smith is really turning into an excellent all round actress - shades of another Alison Steadman in the making.  She is so versatile from parts like Smithy's sister to Mrs Biggs - which was excellent - and now she's got Cilla down to a  'T'.     I thought Melanie Hill and Ken from 'Early Doors'  (can never remember his name) were also well cast as her parents.

Enjoying 'Bake Off' -  but don't have any strong feelings about any of the contestants this year -  I do think that the judges are being overly kind to Martha -  just an observation.  

'The Village' was again the highlight of my Television week!

Last edited by mauveangel09 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:33 pm

Must get round to watching Cilla, have heard so many good things about it and Sheridan Smith is an outstanding actress.

I agree mauve that the judges had been kinder to Martha than others, but I was sad to see her go. She came across as a lovely girl, so mature and poised and a very talented baker - imagine how good she'll be with more experience? Nobody has blown me away with their bakes this series (maybe my expectations are just too high now) but Richard or Chetna (who I find utterly charming) winning would be fine with me. Luis' bakes are too garish for my taste and Nancy just isn't the same Nancy we saw at the start of the series (and I'm convinced she was being sponsored by a microwave company last night!).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 17 Empty Re: Other TV Programmes you like or loathe

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Yes I do have to agree Sid - for someone so young she was excellent and did so well but I wasn't surprised to see her go last night in the end - as you say she has great future potential. I think it will be so interesting next week as there is nothing to choose between them now- (unless someone has a disaster on the night - always a possibility) but you are right about Sheila and the microwave last night!!!! Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 17 Empty Re: other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:53 pm

Why did I say 'Sheila' when I meant 'Nancy'?????? Rolling Eyes Must be time to go to bed..............

Only one more day to go before the main event!!!!!! Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:55 am

Counting down to the return of S'Rallen and The Apprentice
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:28 am

Love the Apprentice!!! & Dara after
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:01 pm

S'Rallen returns 14th & 15th Oct. Week after next. Hurray.....
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:37 pm

Looking forward to the new short series, The Great Fire, which starts around 16th Oct.

I must have read almost every book written so far about The Great Fire of London, including several Pepys accounts. I'm into anything Charles II. Useless piece of info - apparently he liked orange cheesecake. As you can tell I live an edgy existence (Ha)

Now watching a re-run of 'Backdarft', Kurt Russell, Paul Newman, William Baldwin and stacks of other great actors. Hard to believe it was made in 1991

Love autumn - "All is safetly gathered in"
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:12 pm

A good week for me re TV! A trio to fight over tonight Our Girl or Downton mmmmm oops NO NO its Homeland back cheers Ooh Carrie and Saul ive missed you! Then Monday we have a new series Gotham on channel 5 should be good. Then its Tuesday and Sir Rallen! The Apprentice is back cheers and no not finished yet on Thursday we have a tussle between Peaky Blinders (fab series) & new series 1666 about the great fire.
A good week in store
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:31 am

S'Rallen returns.
Where does he get these people from? I'm surprised he can get all those ego's into one room. He's obviously gone for the BOGOF option. Extra contestants and a warning about intermittent multiple firings - love it

Dara's going to have his work cut out this year.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:18 am

Really enjoyed S'rAllen and co last night .... Did wonder whether there was a first transgender contestant this year? or is sarah just very masculine?
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:23 am

Loved the line "If you want to speak to me put your hand up!" Omg some of the men and women I can't imagine them running a market stall let alone a business.
Dara needs an hour show this year to cope with the ex apprentices head and shoulders!
Loved Gotham and waiting fir 1666
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:29 am

Karen's getting more vocal since becoming a Baroness. Waiting for Nick to come out with one of his droll comments. Good on S'Rallen for getting rid of the delusional deadwood, although he'd better slow down a bit or the series is in for a short run this year and Dara will be on double time! What a shower!

The way they all think they are uniquely brilliant yet avoid the PM job reminds me of watching football matches years ago. The players (even that's a contradiction in terms) seemed to spend most of the time tripping over fresh air, falling in agony every time the opposition got within 10 yards, or suddenly running in the opposite direction for no apparent reason. Remind me again - they get paid a fortune for what exactly? Did anyone see David Beckham when he was trying to explain to some Chief deep in a jungle what he actually did for a living? Laughed? I nearly wet myself!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:24 am

Hi Alls! Did wonder about Sarah as well!!!!!!!
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:28 pm

lualen wrote:Hi Alls! Did wonder about Sarah as well!!!!!!!
Thank god it wasn't just me! lol!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:56 am

Thought it was really funny he way that they all ducked the PM job - he is certainly cutting out the deadwood! And he hasn't been able to get started on the women yet - the first two who were PM look absolute certs to go soon.
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:31 pm

lualen wrote: he is certainly cutting out the deadwood! And he hasn't been able to get started on the women yet
Making up for it this week with 2 women dropped
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next