Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 16 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 16 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  saxonsiren Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:51 pm

I eñjoyed the voice & loved Kylie's enthusiasim! I saw the The Taste pre launch shows yet to watch it. Sad Sherlock last one sobs¡ Revenge has returned & its now too silly beyond words. I watched Reflex last night & its a poor version of the Cube!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 16 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  B4p Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:10 pm

jingle wrote:Well, Sherlock didn't disappoint, even if the fall wasn't really explained (I loved the fan theories though). I didn't realise till afterwards that the couple playing Sherlocks parents were Benedicts real-life parents - lovely touch.  There were some really comical parts too - loved Sherlock and Mycroft playing board games together. Can't wait till the next episode on Sunday..

Apparently Jeremy Brett used to visit Benedict's house when he was small to chat with his actor parents. Who'd guessed that little Benedict would take on Jeremy's role?

I liked the third Sherlock show the best. The second one seemed to drag for me. I liked how Mary had had a previous life as an assassin. Makes a change from the female tripping over fresh air whilst screaming at nothing.

The charge of nepotism has been raised by one viewer:
Wanda Ventham & Timothy Carlton - Benedict's real parents playing as his stage parents in the show.
Amanda Abbington is Martin Freeman's real partner.
Producers Steven Moffat & Mark Gattis are also writers for Dr Who I think.
Producer Beryl Vertue is Steven's mother-in-law.
Mark's civil partner has featured in the show.

'Keeping it in the family' rises to new heights.

Love The Bridge. Haunting music (Downloaded the albums) Spooky bridge. Think the two leads who play Saga and Martin are fantastic. Like how the writers have typecast the Danish & Swedish stereotypes of one being laid back and the other clinical and uptight. Still waiting to buy the first series.

Looking forward to the new series (starting tomorrow) of Death in Paradise with Kris Marshall taking over as the lead police chief.
My younger brother is helping to set up the Birmingham Arena today for the tour's kick off.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:41 pm

Hi B4p
Wishing your brother success & good luck for tomorrow. I haven't watched the third Sherlock yet but I shall watch it before the weekend.Im looking forward to The Apprentice starting again & Call the Midwife. Soon I hope to see the pre view for Wolf Hall the drama series for this year.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:31 pm

I LOVED the third Sherlock, and was very pleased at a certain persons appearance in the credits ( I won't say more in case you still haven't watched it Sax). I agree B4P, I thought the second one was a bit of a drag too. I'm not sure I totally like Stephen Moffats writing style, it seems to veer into slapstick humour at times which I don't think Sherlock needs. I just wish there wasn't such a long wait in between series though ( I think they're talking about a Christmas special for 2014...I wonder is that instead of Dr Who)

Agree with you about the Bridge B4P. It's brilliant, but then I love all the Nordic and Scandinavian TV crime. Having said that, the first series of the Bridge was even better I thought. In series 2 it feels like the writers are over-playing Saga's aspergers a bit.

Anyone watching the Sports Relief Bake offs? I thought Jason Gardiner was hilarious on tonights episode. Pity we don't see that side of him on DOI.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:30 am

I'm also looking forward to the new Apprentice series.

Interested to watch the new Muskateers series starting this weekend I think.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:46 am

The new series Call The Midwife gald its back.Ive watched The Muskateers & Im looking forward to Peter Capaldi getting evil! Be interesting to watch him before the new Dr Who is broadcast.Also tucked away on channel 5 a new show HELIX made me jump quite a few times! A sci fi spooky show.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:34 am

Hi Sax! I watched a bit of the 3 Musketeers, but have to admit I just couldn't get into it. I wasn't sure if it was meant to be humourous or serious, or aimed at adults or children, it just felt a bit confused to me (lovely scenery though). I turned off halfway through, maybe should've stuck with it. Let me know how you get on with it (is it a long series?)

Have become hooked on the Great British interior challenge on BBC2 every night - some very talented amateurs out there.

Also watching the new series of Death in Paradise. Wasn't really expecting to like it after Ben Miller left, but I think Kris Marshall is doing pretty well carving out a new main character. Just a pity the whodunnits are so obvious though.

Will have to take a look at HELIX, hadn't heard of it Sax.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:10 pm

Jingle I never watched Death In Paradise before but now Im watching it as Kris is in it.It is a light drama & yes easy with the who dunit! The three Muskateers livened up in the last ten minutes!I think it has a second series in the pipeline.Apparently they built the whole set as authentic as it could get.A pretty good job I agree. Id not heard if HELIX until my friend told me after they had watched the first show-watch out for the Monkeys!
Ive missed the designer show I will catch up with it on I player.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:58 am

Very Happy  I've just watched Helix on catch-up TV.  Ewwwww!!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:54 am

Ewwwwww? Is that a good ewwww?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:54 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Ewwwwww? Is that a good ewwww?
Ewwww, in the sense that it was rather gruesome in bits... but having said that, I'll have to watch the next one now to see what happens to the infected ex-wife  Very Happy

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:53 pm

Maybe the ex wife will get back with the infected brother! They may be the Alpha breeding couple Wink! Ewwww I think Mr Im In Charge man is an alien really after looking at his eyes! I think the blond scientist will save the day she found The Monkeys! Why are the Monkeys outside? Are there two lots of infected,those with red eyes & no powers & those with extra strength & the black veins & wish to snog the black kiss!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:05 am

Watching the winter olympics! The crash omg the helmet smashed! Looking forward to a new show Babylon tonight with James Nebitt & Mark from peep show!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Love the Musketeers on Sunday evenings. I want one of their leather jackets! The cast all seem to gel well with each other. Nice to see the Brits doing a great version. Much as I enjoyed previous versions, I do get a bit exhausted whenever the Americans are saving the world (yet again)
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon May 26, 2014 11:36 am

Im loving the return of 24! & Hannibal.Love Episodes as well.At last have Game Of Thrones season 1-3 to start watching!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:15 pm

Enjoying the re-runs of 'Northern Lights' with Robson Green & Mark Benton.

Forced to watch the new Commando training series by 'she who now drives' (us round the bend). She can't believe what she's seeing and can't understand why all the officers shout and swear at the trainees. I get the impression she also thinks that parcels to help the poor and needy are dropped from army helicopters and planes and not those big metal things that explode!

Looking forward to the Autumn programmes. The new Strictly series, the Apprentrice, and the return of The Bridge.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:10 pm

The Doctor is back on Saturday! Yipee. Can't wait to see Peter Capaldi's take on The Doctor - whatever he does he will be far better than Matt Smith.  Never really took to him - just not good enough IMO.

Have really got into Murdoch Mysteries (Alibi, Drama channels)  How did I miss Yannick Bisson for so long?  He is gorgeous  Smile
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:14 pm

vonee21 wrote: Can't wait to see Peter Capaldi's take on The Doctor - whatever he does he will be far better than Matt Smith.  Never really took to him

I stopped watching when David Tennant finished. I couldn't get on with the scripts. Too many 'whistles, bells and throw it all at 'em' in every episode. Couldn't do with every final episode containing every known monster under the sun/moon/universe. I prefer one monster per season.

I thought Billie Piper did well as Rose, but after her, I got a bit tired of the assistant's role being 'bigged up as some sort of an equal' or them being portrayed as the Docs new bitch. For example, at the beginning, Martha Jones was a Dr saving lives in a hospital, who turned into a lovesick pile of hormones, and then ended up saving the planet - puh-lease!.  I hope Capaldi returns the Doc to a more Stately ambassador. Shame his new assistant couldn't be a male butler type character who could help kick 7 bells out of the enemies - a bit like Kato in The Pink Panther.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:16 am

B4p wrote:Shame his new assistant couldn't be a male butler type character who could help kick 7 bells out of the enemies - a bit like Kato in The Pink Panther.

Good idea.  Peter Capaldi has been quoted as saying he didn't want his Doctor flirting with the assistant because he felt the age difference would make it feel wrong.   Hopefully this series will get back to more normal Doctor territory.  They are halfway there - now just replace Clara (who I find very annoying).
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:50 pm

I've just noticed an old film called 'Insomnia' due on this Saturday night around 11pm.
Robin Williams plays it straight as a serial killer being pursued around the Artic circle by Al Pacino. Saw the film years ago and thought Robin was really good in it.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:04 pm

vonee21 wrote:

Good idea.  Peter Capaldi has been quoted as saying he didn't want his Doctor flirting with the assistant because he felt the age difference would make it feel wrong.   Hopefully this series will get back to more normal Doctor territory.  They are halfway there - now just replace Clara (who I find very annoying).

Hi B4P - according to today's papers we may get our wishes (well, not sure about the Kato bit).  Looks like Jenna Coleman is leaving at Christmas... Smile
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:31 pm

Verdict on Dr Who anyone? Personally, I thought Peter Capaldi was excellent - I loved the shades of Malcolm Tucker in there too. Glad to be able to understand the plot - last series the various storylines and sub-plots were all getting a bit too complicated for me. It was good to see some familiar characters too - especially Strax who's brilliant.

Agree with you about Clara, Vonee21, won't be sorry to see her leave. I really didn't like the storyline the writers gave her, where she's moved through time to help all the doctors. Found that just a bit puzzling.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:39 pm

A youtube post of the late great Robin Williams explaining the Scottish invention - Golf

https://youtu.be/pcnFbCCgTo4

B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:24 pm

Not a huge fan of Clara. ILL defer my decision regarding Peter for a few weeks! Took me half a swries to like Matt Smith.Good to have the London Trio back
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:36 pm

I'm really loving this run of 'The Village' - on Sunday evenings. I enjoyed the first series too but I know it got very mixed reviews as it was dark and moved very slowly at times, not everyone's cup of tea - I also think it was a question of scheduling as it followed closely on the heels of the end of 'Downton' and I think people were expecting something similar to fill the Sunday evening drama slot - which 'The Village' was most certainly not.

This series whilst losing none of it's dark and real view of life seems to be faster paced and I could watch it for ever! It seems to have grown and matured. I was sad to learn that there is only one more episode left. I hope that they are going to do what they said at the beginning and make more series going through the decades - it is beginning to remind me of the classic German 'Heimat' saga, if anyone remembers that?? Anyway - great cast, great characters and great acting. Well recommended.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next