Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 18 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 18 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  lualen Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:53 pm

Still on The Apprentice - when the winning team were enjoying their spa outing - was Sarah there in the hot tub with the others? I couldn't see her but might have just missed her. I also didn't see her before that in a bikini.  Maybe Alls and I are correct in our suspicions!!!
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 18 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  B4p Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:31 pm

Just watching one of my favourite old films, Whoopie Goldberg in Jumping Jack Flash
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:44 pm

Watching the Best of The Royal Variety Show. They're featuring the Diva's.

They've just been talking about Jenifer Lopez and her dressing room must haves: white carpets, white leather sofa, white lilies, white drapes etc apparently Elton John on the same bill just wanted cheese & pickle sandwiches
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Waiting for IACGMOOH to start in a week or so? I love the short but sharp three weeks.Who will be on it ? Hints of Gorilla Keane being on it! Id love to see a few people in there Graham Norton,Paul O'Grady,Rufus,Thom doll a holiday from SCD Madonna possibly Jessie J
OOH judy Finnigan and hubby Richard too. Ant and Dec make the show ooh our C.laudia in the jungle?? Rolling Eyes
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:53 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Waiting for IACGMOOH to start in a week or so? I love the short but sharp three weeks.Who will be on it ? Hints of Gorilla Keane being on it! Id love to see a few people in there Graham Norton,Paul O'Grady,Rufus,Thom doll a holiday from SCD Madonna possibly Jessie J
OOH judy Finnigan and hubby Richard too. Ant and Dec make the show ooh our C.laudia in the jungle?? Rolling Eyes

Afraid this show isn't for me at all. The only celebrity-based show I've really been interested in is Strictly. Still if it floats your boat.....

Give me The Walking Dead anyday. Wink
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:56 pm

Most of them CC are the Walking Dead after two weeks!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:00 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Most of them CC  are the Walking Dead after two weeks!

I'd say the standard of them they are The Walking Dead at the start of the series as their careers have already long since hit skid row.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:15 pm

Yes most reality shows after five plus seasons including SCD statt to scrape the z list celebrity barrel.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:40 pm

Hmm, not sure I would agree with that..

Season one still had a newsreader, an Eastender and... loads of people I can't remember/don't know.

Only two season's ago (Season 8 or 9 for Strictly) they had two world class athletes/Olympic gold medallists who had competed and won those accolades that very year (rather than Colin Jackson, Denise Lewis et al who were past Olympiads)

This season the only person I hadn't heard of was Steve Backshall (I don't have kids...). (Not saying they are A list Tabloid love fodder mind.... but both Pixie and Frankie with the Saturdays are pretty big with their demographic)

I think it goes in phases, and it very much depends on our own individual preferences and habits as to whether or not we have heard of them
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:17 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Waiting for IACGMOOH to start in a week or so? I love the short but sharp three weeks.
I don't watch it regularly but I wish they would do more types of challenges rather than always being buried in or swallowing bugs. The eating challenges bore me. What's so brave about eating unknown products? Some of the celebs would have almost the same challenge if they were shown a piece of fresh fruit or veg 'Ewww whats that?' I'm sure they could come up with more puzzles to solve, and dare devil challenges to perform, bug free.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:17 pm

True Diamonds however as I do not watch the soaps in previous series I had no idea of half the celebs! I guess we all have our own idea of an A list celeb and a Z list celeb!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:19 pm

I recall the Ostrich challenge! Also much prefer the high tightrope assault course challenges.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:44 pm

saxonsiren wrote:True Diamonds however as I do not watch the soaps in previous series I had no idea of half the celebs! I guess we all have our own idea of an A list celeb and a Z list celeb!

LOL! I don't watch any soaps either - but I catch trailers and see bits in papers and magazines. I haven't seen Eastenders since about 2001 but seemed to recognise "Max Branning". I have NEVER in my life seen TOWIE and vow I never shall, but I knew who Mark Wright was. I haven't seen Mrs Brown's Boys but knew Jennifer from seeing trailers for it. I usually don't know the sports people - had never heard/seen Austen Healey prior to his Strictly appearance for example (but I am positive there is NO WAY he could look as good in horrible rugger gear as he did in his Paso get-up....). I didn't know Thom from Rugby - just knew him as someone who went out with Kelly Brook...

So yes - a sport's fan would see Austen as A list (or at least B!) whilst I said "who?".... You might have known instantly who Austen was but are going "who" to the likes of Mark and Frankie and Pixie.

As you say, we all have our own ideas of who is really famous!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:27 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:a sport's fan would see Austen as A list (or at least B!) whilst I said "who?"....As you say, we all have our own ideas of who is really famous!
I met Austin long before he was on Strictly and I think he was a little bemused because I didn't recognise him or have the faintest clue who he was. He smiled and was very nice about it all. I got a right ribbing from my friends and work colleagues when I told them. Even one of my elderly relatives knew who Austin was - whoops! Embarassed
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:29 am

Lol It happens. I knew Austin (big rugby fan) however Thom never appeared on my radar
Mark I knew from the Jungle and Alison re BB. However not clapped eyes on Pixie/Frankie beforr and Scott? Never heard of.I didn't know Harry either. Last time I saw Miseryenders Babs was planning another family christmas at the pub with her thug boys and Tiffany!
Trouble is the A list probably be too expensive or to sensible to appear on SCD Id love to see Benedict or Dawn/Jennifer, Clive Owen or Helena Bonham Carter Emma Thompson on ScD
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:31 am

Yes it would be good to see some other actors that aren't in the Soaps, or one of the quiz programmes like Eggheads, a few more presenters, musicians or comedians.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:17 pm

Watching 'Make Leicester British'.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:20 pm

I really enjoyed the Gareth Malone CIN celebrity choir programme earlier this week - did anyone else see it? It struck me that the choir participants had all under estimated how difficult it would be - but were genuinely enjoying it rather than indulging in self-promotion - the whole thing had such a nice simple down to earth feel about it. CRH was quite low key in this first episode I thought. Really looking forward to next week. The kids choir is brilliant.

I'm also looking forward to the dance history series that L en is taking part in and for which I have seen the trailers. Not keen on the history woman - Lucy whatever her name is - but it looks like it is going to be a good one to watch - not sure when it starts.Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:26 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:I'm also looking forward to the dance history series that L en is taking part in and for which I have seen the trailers.  Not keen on the history woman - Lucy whatever her name is - but it looks like it is going to be a good one to watch - not sure when it starts.Very Happy  
Me too mauve. It starts either next Monday or the one after I think. I quite like Lucy's approach to the history programmes she does. She's a bit nuts like me jocolor
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:49 pm

I do like Lucy Worsley I always think its Wolsley! Must admit Im enjoying The Missing trying to figure out who did the deed! I wish the BBC mini series The Passing Bells hadn't been so squashed into small episodes.Too many characters too little time to get to know them.Maybe this is the point of the series? Too many men mowed down all too soon in their short life??

Wish we had a poppy emblem the devils work
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:21 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Must admit Im enjoying The Missing trying to figure out who did the deed! Wish we had a poppy emblem
A cracking cast. I hope I've not worked it out too soon. I can't decide if I prefer it when the writer shows us who the baddie is at the beginning and we have to watch the other characters catching up with the clues, or the old way where you are drip fed clues all the way through then get a twist in the end of the tale.

Good idea about the poppy logo
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:33 pm

Im not sure who did it yet! Im sure its a red herring the subtle clue regarding the culprit?
I do enjoy James Nesbit ( i hear his name and think of Buddy drinking tea with Mrs Nesbit!) I loved him in Jekyl wish they had brought it back!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 18 Empty Re:Other TV Programmes you like or loathe

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:30 am

saxonsiren wrote:Im not sure who did it yet! Im sure its a red herring the subtle clue regarding the culprit?
I do enjoy James Nesbit ( i hear his name and think of Buddy drinking tea with Mrs Nesbit!) I loved him in Jekyl wish they had brought it back!

I too love this show and the suspense! Very unnerving but in a way that makes you want to watch it. I thought that all the switching between the present and past might get a bit confusing but it doesn't - I think it helps that they have given most of the characters completely different hairstyles or 'looks' in each era.

Unfortunately I did not see the first WW drama that was on this week - it felt as though it was too early in the evening - I must try and catch it on the Iplayer.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:00 pm

Ooh Im A Celebrity on tonight and Edwina Currie going in Shocked also we know 5-6 days in and they add two more celebs usually controversial! Recall David Van Day or Tommy Ball and Partner! One of my fav jungle people was Janet Street Porter and Jimmy Osmond.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Omg what a complete nightmare Gemma im going no im not yes i am going! I hope she does settle down and find herself. Tinchy no gentlemen neither should it be said for Foggy! Mr I can't stay awake to do my watch! Glad Kendra at least said out loud you renaged on your Nadia can have my bed!
Micheal,Foggy and Jim seem to be acting as elders and taken prime spot upon the raised mezzanine and sofas.
I would like to see C.raig and Mel as final two
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next