Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 25 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:03 am

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Its on my list Alls - but having been away at the weekend I have several episodes of I'm a s leb to catch up on (I prob won't be bothered though - it;s tricky catching up on so much live TV..)  I adore Ruth Wilson - I first fell in crush with her when she was Jane in Jane Eyre.  She seemd to manage to bring across someone who at first glance doesn't seem particularly beautiful but then she reveals lurking in her depths an utterly smouldering, sensuous passion and she becomes a stunner.  Which is how I always imagined Jane - meek and mousey at first glance but hiding passionate depths which make her irresistible.

And also on my lists - still -is Little Drummer Girl.
oh, I didn't know she was in Jane Eyre, that one passed me by ( always reminds me of my girls grammar school in Yorkshire, I think we read it in third form or something). There's some lol moments in I'm a celeb, happy catch up! 
Let me know if you like Little Drummer girl, that's also on my list but no time to watch!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 25 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  jingle Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:48 am

So, I've watched the first episode of Mrs Wilson on your recommendation - it's got me hooked already!

Really enjoying the jungle, even though I think some of the bigger characters are maybe suppressing their real selves . Nobody can replace Ant, but I think Holly is doing a great job as stand-in (her response to the eating trial had me in stitches last night).

Apart from Strictly I'm watching 3 reality talent shows at the moment - landscape artist of the year, masterchef professionals, and lego masters. I love anything like that...wishing the Sewing bee, Allotment challenge and Pottery showdown hadn't been axed. Especially miss the Sewing bee......I noticed Patrick was in the audience at Blackpool, I wonder if Claudia could persuade him to do Strictly.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:02 pm

Big hugs all...I've added a poll so sorry it's late... Alls
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:31 pm

Thank you Sax, have done the poll (I'm keeping every body part crossed for Lauren this week)

More importantly, hope you're bearing up Sax, I know you're going through a tough time at the moment.

flower
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi Jingle it's been a real roller coaster.First finding out tumour cancerous then possibly take Kidney away and as dad has poor Kidney function would cause renal failure.Appointment and yes operation 50/50 but go ahead and will have dialysis 3 times a week.. Thought ok and then 2 days later results in from echo gram of heart app made 2 days later for today  and operation off as far far too risky... pale pale
Still have see Macmillon nurse and Urologist re stage 4 cancer and treatment? Dad's dementia bad now so not a well man.... Apologies

Last edited by saxonsiren on Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:59 pm

Can say nothing that will help, except to wish you luck Sax and drop a prayer or two in. I'll do that.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:20 pm

Thank you Mr T... It's a waiting game I guess....
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:36 pm

Just caught up with episode five of Little Drummer Girl. John Le Carre has never done anything bad, his espionage stories are so realistic and free of bull , so I'm looking forward eagerly to the last episode. So far it's been terrific.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:37 am

Thinking of you sax flower One day at a time is all you can do. The MacMillan nurses are great, and will try and keep him pain free and comfortable. I shall think of you all in my prayers too xxx
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppetlovestango Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:55 pm

Jingle
Joe Lycett was on Sunday Brunch this morning, he said he had recorded a new series of The Great British Sewing Bee, having taken over as host cos Claudia couldn't do it, and according to internet it will be shown next year on BBC 2
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:29 pm

Oh fab!! Very Happy Thanks Poppet - that's something to look forward to.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:59 pm

Anybody else watching Tim Roth in Tin Star?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:17 am

saxonsiren wrote:Hi Jingle it's been a real roller coaster.First finding out tumour cancerous then possibly take Kidney away and as dad has poor Kidney function would cause renal failure.Appointment and yes operation 50/50 but go ahead and will have dialysis 3 times a week.. Thought ok and then 2 days later results in from echo gram of heart app made 2 days later for today  and operation off as far far too risky... pale pale
Still have see Macmillon nurse and Urologist re stage 4 cancer and treatment? Dad's dementia bad now so not a well man.... Apologies to go on...

Anyway here's my link

https://www.facebook.com/aplaceinthesun/posts/10155737729185952?__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARB-xSZ5MW8m2VuDdbF3S5lGJoqKc7ZuBcXt0pufv1-cwZ8nrTDImfRINOEzXxPwgKtm6gIBZxXA4X23sc6HZ5EVh60E5NEfP1WKGYsJtT7y3hVt6jwZrmbyi7jQODxWaG7ziFIZkBQtQGw1Kqgu8YJjBy9_J9tXXlo27zvppXoRtGkQg-6hqT8dqs0PciGXMIGuAooeD_s71-K4IedNIF73kXVzsWra6BxbvHqerNPt4tjL3X3hl-agDoYgY9_s1aoPHyw94S9amxljX_u3KGZ0-w1X5IDeKHWqN99vWqWXwUWHz_SvuI1DhV-sH6GISxKa8eVX0zY1Accy&__tn__=K-R

My place in the sun from August

Only just seen this Sax. I feel for you so much. All you can do is breathe and put one foot in front of the other. Life is just so harsh sometimes. Sending you my best thoughts, and hugs too xxx
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:24 am

Poppetlovestango wrote:Jingle
Joe Lycett was on Sunday Brunch this morning,  he said he had recorded a new series of The Great British Sewing Bee, having taken over as host cos Claudia couldn't do it, and according to internet it will be shown next year on BBC 2

Hmmph. Why can't Clauds do it? She's not putting me first *sulky pout*. I like Joe Lycett but will have to be convinced of his fit for this.

I was most distraught about the pottery one. Loved the whole thing - the totes emosh judges, lovely, wonderful Sarah Cox, the never-ending opportunities for innendoes, the lovely pottery people made and most of all the people themselves - just proper, real, lovely people (like how Bake-Off peeps used to be in the first 3 series before it went from WI standard (=very HIGH) Vicky Sponge to fiddly Posh Patisserie). Oh well *wipes tear away discreetly*
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:58 am

Watched the last episode of Little Drummer Girl last night. Won't post any details, but recommended as a good watch.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:32 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Watched the last episode of Little Drummer Girl last night. Won't post any details, but recommended as a good watch.
It's on my catch up list Mr T, looking forward to it
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:12 pm

Mine too, have recorded them all and looking forward to a couple of binge-watching sessions.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:09 pm

I've just finished Drummer Girl, but to be honest it wasn't really my cup of tea. I'm not good with complicated plots, and got confused quite a bit during the first three episodes. Just a bit too clever for me.

On the other hand, I'm really enjoying Mrs Wilson which has piqued my interest.

Also enjoying the jungle, though don't have any particular favourite. Holly has done really well I think (though no-one can replace Ant).
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:43 pm

Waiting for the last episode of Death and Nightingales. Gritty Irish kitchen sink drama that's woth a watch.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 25 Empty Mrs Wilson

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:39 pm

What did you think of Mrs Wilson? No spoilers but it was a very poignant - and intriguing - ending.
Really enjoyed it.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:36 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:What did you think of Mrs Wilson? No spoilers but it was a very poignant - and intriguing - ending.
Really enjoyed it.

Thought it was well acted and intriguing, although the ending maybe wasn't a great surprise. But certainly worth a watch.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:34 pm

You've just reminded me! I watched the first episode of Mrs Wilson and enjoyed it, but then got distracted (Strictly.. and um, that other thing. Oh yes, Brexit...) and forgot to watch any more episodes... I have a lazy day planned for tomorrow, so I might just settle in with two episodes of that!

I watched all of I'm a S leb -predicatable result, so felt let down. And I never saw the love for Harry - a hard-nosed strategist who you wouldn't want to get the wrong side of. Lovely to his wife and mother but... Thought Holly and Ant (or is it Dec...?) made an excellent alternative double act. Holly was surprisingly good at timing for delivering her lines in response. A great succes for her I think.

I'm still watching the Aprentice - interviews tonight...!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:58 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

I'm still watching the Aprentice - interviews tonight...!
I've given up on the Apprentice this series but I will tune in for my favourite episode tonight - love interviews week!  Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 25 Empty Re: Other TV Programmes you like or loathe

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:13 pm

I really enjoyed Mrs Wilson too - something a bit different. It has made me want to read the book now.

I don't know if anyone watched 'Care' with Alison Steadman and Sheridan Smith. A difficult watch in many respects but very moving and Alison Steadman is such a wonderful actress. Towards the end it highlighted the scandal that is NHS Continuing Care Funding - which strikes a chord with me.

Another good series that I watched recently was 'Informer' - don't know if anyone else watched it - again different, plenty of plot twists and really made you think in the end.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:48 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:I really enjoyed Mrs Wilson too - something a bit different.  It has made me want to read the book now.  

I don't know if anyone watched 'Care' with Alison Steadman and Sheridan Smith.  A difficult watch in many respects but very moving and Alison Steadman is such a wonderful actress.  Towards the end it highlighted the scandal that is NHS Continuing Care Funding - which strikes a chord with me.

Another good series that I watched recently was 'Informer' - don't know if anyone else watched it - again different, plenty of plot twists  and really made you think in the end.

I watched Informer and enjoyed it a lot for all the reasons you say.

I saw the trailers of Care and knew I couldn't watch it. Way to near the knuckle for me - it's enough to live the reality without re-living it through a TV drama. Even seeing the trailer really hit a nerve :-(18 months ago that was me and my mother. It took a crisis in order for her to get the appropriate help and care. It's all ok now - inasmuch she has the correct care in place. But it's not alright inasmuch as she is not the person she was or should be - and I miss her)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next