Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 24 of 28 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 24 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:28 pm

Oh, and two words:

Killing Eve.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 24 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:48 pm

I'm guessing Sax meant lone wolf D&P!
Not seen No Offence, another one to check out ! Mrs bodyguard I believe was/ is in Peaky Blinders...another one sitting in my Netflix to watch box!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:49 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:Oh, and two words:

Killing Eve.

Fab-u-lous Very Happy   Jodie Comer stole the show for me, her acting was brilliant. And having Kim Bodnia (aka Martin from The Bridge) as Constantin was perfect casting too.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:59 pm

Killing Eve....fab-u-lous!
I'm an iplayer late night lurker on the iPad - usually I close it, put on a documentary, plug in the headphones and go to sleep-but I stayed up way beyond my bedtime watching this!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:49 pm

I agree Jingle - Jodie Comer was beyond brilliant. I love Sandra Oh too, and I knew she would be worth watching, but Jodie just hit it out of the park. And yes *squeal*! Kim Bodnia as a Russian! I nearly spluttered my redbush when I realised it was he...

It beat Bodyguard into a cocked hat for me (and many of my friends and colleagues too), yet it got very little hype in comparison. I hope Jodie doesn;t get overlooked at Bafta time.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:59 pm

Sorry meant Lone Wolf! I,too lost the plot with The Bodyguard and Tbh still have even thou half watched the final episode... Haven't watched Killing Eve I'll keep an eye on I player for this...
Anyone Doctor Who fans? Thoughts re the new Doctor?We shall watch it but we had thought last series a little less entertaining and had lost some of its edge. Wish we had Torchwood back or spin off with The Lizard Lady, her servant/lover and the Wonderful Butler aka Mr Potato Head...
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:26 pm

saxonsiren wrote:
Anyone Doctor Who fans? Thoughts re the new Doctor?We shall watch it but we had thought last series a little less entertaining and had lost some of its edge. Wish we had Torchwood back or spin off with The Lizard Lady, her servant/lover and the Wonderful Butler aka Mr Potato Head...

Yes, I'll be watching, although with some trepidation because the trailers don't look encouraging. I agree about the last series Sax - nothing to do with Peter Capaldi who I think is a brilliant actor, but I found the storylines and the dialogue very hit and miss.
Ah yes, the potato headed butler, he was a good character (forgotten his name).
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:52 pm

I need a new tv show /drama to get my gashes into... Autumn evenings drawing in and a good box set required.Any ideas? I all up to date re G.O.T and Peaky Blinders/Dexter ...A good period drama or detective series I'm hankering for....
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:58 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I need a new tv show /drama to get my gashes into... Autumn evenings drawing in and a good box set required.Any ideas? I all up to date re G.O.T and Peaky Blinders/Dexter ...A good period drama or detective series I'm hankering for....
Not at all the genre you refer to Sax, and this may not be up your alley at all, but I absolutely love Grace and Frankie ( Frankie and Grace.? I can never remember!) on Netflix- Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin in the lead roles- it makes me laugh out loud. There's the whole  four or five (maybe more) series and a new one promised for 2019
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:44 pm

Is anyone watching The Cry? It's in the spot Bodyguard left vacant, and yet no one else seems to be watching it... It's a different kind of animal to Bodyguard - more psychological thriller than anything - but I find it very grabbing. It unfolds much more slowly and carefully than Bodyguard. It's not high octane action thriller stuff, but throws crumbs out on the trail to keep you intrigued and carry on watching.

Apart from that, Strictly (of course!) ITT (obvs), University Challenge (so can feel very clever and smug when I get three in a row on opening lines of children's books) and Graham Norton are the only thing on i-player that I am watching. It's so annoying that the other catch up sites don;t do downloading. The wifi is so shockingly awful that I can;t stream anything here, but I cango to a cafe and use their wifi to download stuff to watch later. I can't understand why only the BBC offer this. Grrr Evil or Very Mad
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:34 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote: I absolutely love Grace and Frankie ( Frankie and Grace.? I can never remember!) on Netflix- Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin in the lead roles- it makes me laugh out loud. There's the whole  four or five (maybe more) series and a new one promised for 2019

Wow, was it only 10 days ago since you mentioned this Allsewn? Since then I've watched all 4 series / 52 episodes of Grace and Frankie at your recommendation.  First episode I didn't think it'd be my sort of thing, but then I got quickly hooked. Thoroughly enjoyable, although Jane Fonda seemed to have had some rather alarming facial work done in between series 3 and 4.  
I watched the last episode this evening....now have to wait for the release of series 5 next year.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:54 am

Ah I'm so glad you liked in Jingle! I felt the same at first, I wasn't sure it was my cup of tea. Yes Jane Fonda has definitely had some alarming work done ( a la Cher!).

D&P - I did watch The Cry on catch up, I thought it was very well done, it took me a bit of time to get my head around the flashbacks ( not my favourite device as I have to think too hard!). I'm not sure I liked the ending- she ended being a little bit like him scratch
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:38 pm

Yay, yay and thrice yay! I am back in the land of wall to wall wifi and can stream anything I want! I have a Prime account, access top Netflix, and can watch itv player and All4 as well as faithful old i-player. The world is now my tv oyster! So.... what should I watch peeps?
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:01 am

Have you watched Flowers yet Diamonds? Both series are on All 4 at the moment. It takes a couple of episodes to get hooked, but I just love the creativity and weirdness of it. It's written by the genius Will Sharpe, who also acts the role of Shun.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:41 am

Hi Jingle I've really tried with Flowers but I just can't get into it... I watched first episode of The First and wondered when the storyline would develop? I'll try second episode..Not watched Lil drummer girl but I'm hoping I'll like it... need a good box set ad re watching Dexrer
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:33 pm

What a massive let down was the final episode of "Killing Eve". I had real high hopes for it and watched all the episodes. I won't watch any more after that. It was rubbish. Evil or Very Mad
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:49 pm

I have to agree with you Mr T...I was hooked at the beginning but it ran out of fizz...I actually fell asleep during the final episode.

On another note, did anyone else see the 4 year olds in the retirement village? (C4) It was so heartwarming to see the benefits for each. I only hope they continue to see them as some of them have formed such strong relationships. It was the last one on Monday.
Monday's are one of my fave nights now that Only Connect has returned- it's my ultimate geek hour watching that and university challenge.

I really can't be bothered with The Apprentice this year, they're all so shouty it's become a caricature of what it used to be. I am however looking forward to my countdown to Xmas aka I'm a Celeb...I know it's garbage but I love it! Anyone heard any rumours about who's in? I did hear a whisper that Seann was going in- hope not! pale
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:31 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
I really can't be bothered with The Apprentice this year, they're all so shouty it's become a caricature of what it used to be. Anyone heard any rumours about who's in? I did hear a whisper that Seann was going in- hope not! pale
I've heard James Jordan's going in
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi Jingle - no I haven't watched Flowers yet - I hadn't heard of it before, but now I have had your recommendation I will go and give it a look.

I'm also going to give Little Drummer Girl a go Sax, though a good friend the first couple of episodes were complicated (we're simple folk...!)

Alls and B4P - I haven't watch I'm a c eleb from start to finish since the first or second series....  But this year I am going to attempt it!  I'm two episodes in - and am mainly admiring Hollie's shorts n boots combo.  She had great legs...

I am unashamedly watching all the dreadful people The Apprentice.  It serves to remind me what an utter hell-hole the coporate world is and keeps me from being too smug about with my lovely gentle life.  Also, the seriousness with which they take themselves and the process is some of the best comedy on TV right now...

I also watch University Challenge so that when I answer one question I can feel very smug. Never managed to get into Only Connect though, Alls..
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:31 pm

I'm recording Drummer girl but haven't watched any yet either. I've heard it's complicated, which has put me off a bit.

Am enjoying the jungle so far, glad Holly is being herself and not trying to be a female Ant.  Agree, she really does carry off the shorts and big boots look.  It's always interesting to see whether first impressions of the camp-mates turn out to be right or not - this year I've taken an immediate liking to John Barrowman and Emily Atack, but am agin Harry Redknapp.  All that name dropping that he was doing.... Sleep

I hope you enjoy Flowers Diamonds - it does seem a little weird at the start, but after a couple of episodes I found it addictive.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 pm

jingle wrote:Am enjoying the jungle so far, glad Holly is being herself and not trying to be a female Ant.  Agree, she really does carry off the shorts and big boots look.  It's always interesting to see whether first impressions of the camp-mates turn out to be right or not - this year I've taken an immediate liking to John Barrowman and Emily Atack, but am agin Harry Redknapp.  All that name dropping that he was doing.... Sleep

I am also Afor Emily. Barrowman makes me laugh because he's made sure 'MBE' is tagged after his name when it comes up on screen - a little arrogant methinks. 'Arry is your original wheeler deeler dimond geezer innee? At the moment both are trying to out-story each other and I think, along with Nick Knowles, that there could be too many alpha males in there and horns may be locked when the honemoon period wears off. I like most of the yellow team, though I don't think I would have quite as much patience with Ann as they are all displaying - they are clearly much nicer than me.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:02 pm

IT was very endearing how protective the yellow team were of Ann. I think some of the youngsters who are a bit overshadowed at the moment, will shine when everyone gets fed up with John Arry and Nick. Although Nick was kind giving Ann his pillow - I do think he comes across well on DIY sos but I hope he doesn't get hoist by his own St Nick petard. I'm not sure whether I like John or if he's really annoying. We're big very Arry fans in the Alls household as Mr Alls ( and the kids) are Pompey fans.
I hear that Noel Edmunds is going in tonight- that could set the cat among the pigeons.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:55 pm

Oooh peeps I've found a new one for us to get gripped by...has anyone else watched Mrs Wilson?  I recorded it last night. Very intriguing stuff and great ensemble cast- including Ruth Wilson in the title role-who played the genius killer in Luther.
Just one question...who is Dorothy..... ? pale
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:26 pm

A lover of old Irish historical stuff like "Michael Collins" and "The wind that Shakes the Barley" and even beyond, , I just watched the first episode of "Death and Nightingales". I won't comment in order to not spoil anyone's viewing, but it's a three part drama (I think) so I'll see it through. Looks interesting.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:42 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Oooh peeps I've found a new one for us to get gripped by...has anyone else watched Mrs Wilson?  I recorded it last night. Very intriguing stuff and great ensemble cast- including Ruth Wilson in the title role-who played the genius killer in Luther.
Just one question...who is Dorothy..... ? pale

Its on my list Alls - but having been away at the weekend I have several episodes of I'm a s leb to catch up on (I prob won't be bothered though - it;s tricky catching up on so much live TV..) I adore Ruth Wilson - I first fell in crush with her when she was Jane in Jane Eyre. She seemd to manage to bring across someone who at first glance doesn't seem particularly beautiful but then she reveals lurking in her depths an utterly smouldering, sensuous passion and she becomes a stunner. Which is how I always imagined Jane - meek and mousey at first glance but hiding passionate depths which make her irresistible.

And also on my lists - still -is Little Drummer Girl.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 28 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next