Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+25
Littlebear
vonee21
1superken
Little Ms Hit
gingercodgers
MissingLilia
CaledonianCraig
allsewnonbyhand
Sadiesamba
Sid
kate
David Tee
Tina Sparkle
Moova 12
saxonsiren
fiftynotout
IAmFullOfWonder
Lucielle
Maya53
mauveangel09
hatlady28
Wallflower
TANGOLERO
salsarae
jingle
29 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 40 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  David Tee Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Sid wrote:I really enjoyed it. Now if Patrick could just be a little more engaging off the dancefloor....
Very much agree with that Sid. There's something a tad odd about Patrick - he's not a regular celeb, that's for sure!
David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:52 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Did you notice my Baron Samedi comment in the Patrick write up? He's one of the voodoo lords, known for his top hat and tailcoat. Very Happy 
That's the guy! Good spot.
David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:06 pm

David Tee wrote:
The introduction of Internet voting will definitely be changing the pattern of voting compared to previous SCD series.  I'm still trying to work out how that change will pan out but I suspect that people are probably using it to save people, rather than vote for their favourites.   Of course now that they've got Internet voting, they should use it - getting people to rank the dancers in order (as the judges do) would bring a sense of balance to the whole process.  Now that would make a change!!
I wondered if internet voting would change things at all.  We always have people saving comedy contestants but it may have made it easier for people to do this.
The other issue with voting is the tied scores - I think Kate explained this last year.  Dave ended up with 4 points on Saturday despite being at the bottom of the leader board.  Although he must have scored much more than Abby for her to end up in the bottom two, the way that they allocate the points for a tie skews the process in favour of the weaker dancers.

David Tee wrote:
Sid wrote:I really enjoyed it. Now if Patrick could just be a little more engaging off the dancefloor....

Very much agree with that Sid. There's something a tad odd about Patrick - he's not a regular celeb, that's for sure!
Agree with both of you - he seems rather disinterested to me.  Too laid back perhaps?
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:43 pm

Sid wrote: (but no, the look probably wouldn't have worked as well then because you can't Paso in a top hat....or can you?!).
Neh - that would never work, but you could try flying in, foil wrapped, doing a John Travolta impression, dressed as Mr Blobby Wink
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 40 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:49 pm

B4p wrote:Neh - that would never work, but you could try flying in, foil wrapped, doing a John Travolta impression, dressed as Mr Blobby Wink
Brilliant B4P - really sums it up!!!!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:11 pm

B4p wrote:Neh - that would never work, but you could try flying in, foil wrapped, doing a John Travolta impression, dressed as Mr Blobby Wink
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

That look SCREAMED Paso Razz 

Wallflower wrote:
Agree with both of you - he seems rather disinterested to me. Too laid back perhaps?
I read that Patrick is feeling very wiped out by his schedule (filming for Casualty 12 hours a day, then training, then the Saturday show) and was keeping himself to himself behind the scenes because of his tiredness. Maybe he just hasn't got the energy for the interviews - or he could just be a little on the dull side. Hope his dancing continues to improve though.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:03 am

Apropos of nothing, I was discussing the 'shock' DO with daughter last night and she made an interesting point about voting. Quite a lot of people these days don't watch the show 'live' they watch it on catch up/TiVo/ sky+ so they can't vote. CRH  was back-pedalling on his vote for dance comments on ITT last night, saying that's what judges are for.
But, if you are out and about and have your smart phone you can still use your free internet votes - if you haven't seen the dances you are going to vote for your favourites. (Some people do that anyway even if they have- I gave mark one of my votes last week as I have done every week Wink .  )
I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, except to say, I wonder what % of people actually watch live and how does/has this alter the voting, if at all?  Does The introduction of free internet voting and having 5 votes also change voting patterns? It has made me vote this year when I probably wouldn't bother to pick up the phone until the later stages- and I wouldn't pay for 5 votes either!

Any thoughts? Basketball
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:06 am

I used to always vote after watching the live show & voted 3 times for Chris Hollins in one night & 2 votes for my second favourite.I now use my free vote to save a favourite struggler & pay for one vote for Suzanna. Guess the internet vote changes the score as some people just vote without even watching! I feel we need a 0.5 score to split the tied couples & post the % of public votes! What have they got to hide?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:32 am

The current system is flawed and it will never be changed - we just have to live with it and accept our favourites will get knocked out before joke comedy acts who are as graceful as a sack of spuds.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:22 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote: CRH  was back-pedalling on his vote for dance comments on ITT last night, saying that's what judges are for.
I got the feeling the BBC had told him to do that before they end up with a JS situation again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2487409/Strictlys-horror-Dave-Fans-Hairy-Biker-decent-thing-quit-run-terrible-scores.html

Dave, Mark and Karen have all been targeted on twitter and if this sort of thing carries on the BBC will be lucky to find anyone to take part in future.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:27 pm

alls - I reckon more people are voting this time because they can do so for free online but I'm not sure there are any changes in the types of performances/couples they are voting for.

I just see this series as business as usual. There's always a 'shock' dance-off and people always get sick of the joke act.

I still think last week's 'shocker' had a lot to do with all the ties. Dave, instead of having 1 point for finishing bottom of the leaderboard, actually had 4. Who knows how much difference that might have made?
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:17 pm

Sid wrote:alls - I reckon more people are voting this time because they can do so for free online but I'm not sure there are any changes in the types of performances/couples they are voting for.

I still think last week's 'shocker' had a lot to do with all the ties. Dave, instead of having 1 point for finishing bottom of the leaderboard, actually had 4. Who knows how much difference that might have made?
So it goes around again.... Not that we really care as we know this is just what happens every series, but I repeat my oft- touted solution- do not allow judges to tie scores, they must rank any tied scores - if they are judging on dance, this would be easy!  Wink 
But we know they won't .....
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Unless the present scoring system changes we will continue to have tied couples! If tied then the judges should award a 0.5 for the better dance at the end. In the DM today a bad write up regarding Dave! Advising fans calling for him to do a JS & walk! The GBP will always back an underdog & every year when the producers select certain celebs they are aware of the underdog affect & bank on this for headlines.Any publicity is good for the show.

I feel Dave should not do a JS & be voted out as and when.Im nkt keen but thats the name of the game
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:57 pm

I agree with the issue on the tied scores but I think the BBC are happy with the controversies and if the GBP end up with more control over the score than the judges - well, it's an entertainment program so that makes sense.

Personally, I'm completely inconsistent with my views on the scoring. In the early days I tend to want the rubbish dancers out of the way but after about the halfway point I'm usually crossing my fingers that the public have kept my favourite in (even though he/she probably doesn't deserve it).
David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:19 pm

I do think there is a fallacy in the theory that joke acts don't do any harm in the end as the best dancers always win. How do we know that? Look at Jimi Mistry he may have blossomed (given the chance) into a winner. Rachel Riley may have turned the corner in this series as she left having put in her best dance of the series - for all we know she may have continued that improvement. So in my opinion joke acts hanging around well past week one do more damage than people realise.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:28 pm

At the end of the day CC I think the majority of people accept it for a light entertainment dance show ( in that order) I used to get annoyed but I'm not such purist these days. I'm fickle in my choices, I like Mark but I know he isn't the best dancer. I want to see him progress a bit but I won't jump up and down if he goes out this week. I really hope Sophie can conquer Latin .i wasn't overly fond of Natalie but she wowed me last week and I'm warming to her.
I don't actually care whether Rachel or Jimi might have been good dancers had they stayed in. They get a hefty fee, they know what they are signing up for and at the end of the day it's a game. No one dies. We get entertained in the process and it gives us a chance for open debate on this lovely forum. Win win.

-------

https://scdbbc.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=879
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40