Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+25
Littlebear
vonee21
1superken
Little Ms Hit
gingercodgers
MissingLilia
CaledonianCraig
allsewnonbyhand
Sadiesamba
Sid
kate
David Tee
Tina Sparkle
Moova 12
saxonsiren
fiftynotout
IAmFullOfWonder
Lucielle
Maya53
mauveangel09
hatlady28
Wallflower
TANGOLERO
salsarae
jingle
29 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. Empty A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  jingle Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:30 am

Wembley Evil or Very Mad I'm sure it's a fantastic night for people in the arena, but to me it just doesn't seem to translate well on TV. The camera work was so frustrating. I also didn't like that some couples were supported by backing dancers, which made it feel even less like a competition.
Brief thoughts, will try to curb my Wembley grumpiness.........

Lisa - not her best latin, thought it looked ungainly in places. Hope she's not in the dance off though, those splits looked painful
Nicky -actually, I really liked the rock 'n roll jive and didn't spot the footwork issues. Pity it didn't seem to have the speed of his training clips
DvO - performed like clockwork, sorry, left me cold. First 10s were so predictable.
Louis - didn't like the choreography at all, it didn't seem to flow. But at the same time I feel Louis is getting an extra hard time from the judges. The comment about 'tacky tricks' was a bit harsh
Richard - Fabulous lighting and stage setting, I really hope we see it again
Victoria -I felt the bike and music ruined the chance of a decent paso before it even started.
Dani - best dance of the night imo
Kimberley - glad to see she hasn't let last weeks dance-off knock her confidence
Michael - camerawork was atrocious. Good lifts but I still think his halloween quickstep has been his best ballroom so far.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  salsarae Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:18 am

Will say the same as everybody else to start, Wemberly doen´t work for the viewers at home. The ariel shots were only showing off the venue, not the dancing. And largely the space was hugely underused.
Lisa-high octane and entertaining, but not exactly a Samba. I love watching the partnership but the technique was lacking, 8´s were too high.
Nicky-had looked promising in Ian´s ITT slot but this wasn´t very good! The top half of him just bunches terribly and the kicks and flicks were not sharp. Again, well done on the entertaining though.
Denise-very, very good and she is very sharp, but it lacked warmth and connection for me. I think she´s not letting go and is treating it like a theatre performance, I´m not feeling a love of dance from her.
Louis-this was not his finest moment, but I think that was largely choreo. When are we going to see him show more than a flicker of emotion though? He didn´t deserve to be so low down the board, but the judges don´t just mark on nailing the steps, and he´s not selling the performance.
Richard - (I immediately thought Monkseal was going to give a great write up about Erin bringing in her Island!) this wasn´t the best salsa, he gives it everything but I think we´ve seen all he has now.
Victoria- connecting her day job to this didn´t work, getting straight into the dance would have worked far better, lovely patriotic costumes though. Given how hard the music was to paso to I don´t think she did badly actually.
Dani-fabulous, she looked great, and it worked well with the space, her footwork is ever so good.
Kimberley-confident,lovely samba, full of her personality.
Michael-great end to the show, he has come a very long way, and I thought this was sharp and very well done. Natalie was so dazzling it was hard to concentrate on Michael though!
salsarae
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:16 pm

Sid wrote: Mr D I could kiss you. lol!

I did but tell what I saw Sid. I really don't have favourites and just watch what they do and how well they do it. Has to be an overall thing for me, not just nit-picking bits. Lisa looks a bit lost now
at this level. She has limits and the competition is just too good. Richard has nothing more to offer and Victoria just didn't deliver a dance.(Who could really deliver a paso to that awful music?) and relied too much on effects. Louis didn't have his best night and he does need to deliver himself as a dancer and not just an athlete dancing. He did nothing wrong but just wasn't "there". Michael rose to the challenge and pulled it off. Everyone else threw their best shots in and, in Dani and Vincent's case it was a real good one. From the first bars of music to the last they danced a top quickstep No bikes, no handstands and no reliance on anything but dance. I was well impressed. They fully deserved the marks they got as a twosome just dancing. Dani's footwork is praiseworthy, Vincent is a master dancer. . That's it. Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:58 pm

Late thoughts on Wembley

Agree with most of the comments about the venue. Camera work and sound quality were shoddy. That said I loved the opening number.

Lisa - enjoyed the energy and performance but she made a few mistakes, which the judges completely ignored Mad And they shouldn't give her bonus points for going first!

Nicky - enjoyed the energy and he had fun. But it was flatfooted - it looked so much better in the training shown on ITT on Wednesday. What happened??

Denise - technically brilliant but I felt the music was completely wrong for a Charleston. Her dances lack personality for me - all feels a bit clinical.

Louis - why was he painting a girder at the beginning scratch The choregraphy was weird but he did his best with it. Even Mr W commented on how lightfooted he is. The judges seem to pick up all is mistakes (unlike Lisa's) and he looks like he wants to go back to the gym. Flavia looked really down as well. I hope they manage to pick themselves up but fear that the inconsisitency of the judges remarks may be getting to him Crying or Very sad

Richard - mad and fun routine. He messed up but I actually enjoyed it - but I could have done without the VPL comments Mad

Victoria - felt she was handicapped by the music choice, the bicycle, the costume and her hair !! I found it very hard to judge the actual dance because I found the red white and blue of her costume really distracting. Not a good look for a Paso

Dani - my favourite dance of the night. Fast, sharp and used the whole floor - such a shame the cameras couldn't keep up with them Shocked

Kimberley - another one that I enjoyed. She's much happier with latin isn't she?

Michael - traditional AS which he performed reasonably well as far as I could tell. The floor lighting made it difficult to see though.

Looking forward to the return to the studio next week Smile
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:22 pm

After last week the "in no particular order" thing was really cruel leaving Kimberley till the end again. Flavia couldn't listen and looked shocked when they went through. Justice was done in the end because Richard was the weakest dancer left in. Lisa is still getting flown through by the voters, as is Victoria. Next week could be really crucial. Shame about Erin, but she'll still be around. Good to see Aliona back on the scene again.

Thought the light show was very good and the "Rock around the clock" number where they appeared to be dancing on piles of clocks was just amazing. Never been a Kylie fan or Girls aloud. Truth is, I never listen to either. Get Tina Turner up there. That's rock and roll. cheers
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:36 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:After last week the "in no particular order" thing was really cruel leaving Kimberley till the end again. Flavia couldn't listen and looked shocked when they went through. Justice was done in the end because Richard was the weakest dancer left in. Lisa is still getting flown through by the voters, as is Victoria. Next week could be really crucial. Shame about Erin, but she'll still be around. Good to see Aliona back on the scene again.

Thought the light show was very good and the "Rock around the clock" number where they appeared to be dancing on piles of clocks was just amazing. Never been a Kylie fan or Girls aloud. Truth is, I never listen to either. Get Tina Turner up there. That's rock and roll. cheers

Kylie didn't dance. She just stood there on her stilts.....Tina still dances
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. Empty Re: A little bit of honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:06 pm

I also thought that it was really cruel the way they left Kimberley until right to the end!!!!!!

The contest is getting very interesting - I still don't have a clear favourite although I was really impressed with Dani and Vincent last night. I think we are going to see some real 'handbags at dawn' dances offs very shortly - I can't see any of the leading couples 'burning out' this year - like Scott Maslin or like Jason started to do last year. I am pretty sure that the top three were starting to pull away by this time last year but this year I still have a feeling that it could be virtually anybodys to take.......I also feel that we could see a 'wild card' couple in the final alongside two of the really good ones.
Bring it on................ Very Happy and let's forget Wembley...................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya53 Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Well goodbye Richard - I have never ever seen him on TV so had no preconceptions at all and think for a complete novice to dance he did very well and he was entertaining. But, yes, the right time to go. I am at a loss why Victoria keeps getting through, that Olympian magic must go further that I thought because for me she is neither talented or entertaining. I was one of those Scottish viewers last night who one minute was watching Richard and Natalie being introduced and the next watching a German documentary with subtitles. Being a bit slow, and admitteldy the worse of a bottle of claret, it took me a few minutes to realize the problem was not my remote or my TV, and just got tuned back in for the final lift. Have watched it today though, and did think it was good. I just knew the fabu-u-lus darling one was going to give Denise good marks, and also the others would give her 10s. Hard to fault, great dance, I thought oh yes this is the best charleston since put a vest on you strumpet and Chris. Still think put a vest on you strumpet's and Chris was better in that it had more humour and more of a true charleston. Dance of the night for me was Danni and Vincent (what are they doing to my lovely Vincent by the way - first the awful wigs, then the pink suit!) but brilliant dance and Danni was - in my humble opinion - faultless. She just needs a little more oomph (techincal word there) and she is right up there for me. Wembley, unlike L.en did not make me trembly at all. Clearly following the format of the live shows, which are great live (I go every year) - but what is good live does not necessarily translate to good TV. Bring back Blackpool, or stay in the studio is the best I can say. Still, all in all, a very good show. It is no surprise that Strictly is trouncing the X Factor in the ratings. We may be more intersted in the dance, but I guess the majority just look for family entertainment on a Saturday night and Stictly has that in spades. Did not, however, like Kylies performance at all - too bondage for me me and what on earth were those two guys wearing. That could have been a great number if kept true to the spirit of the song. Ah well - maybe it's just me.
Maya53
Maya53

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. Empty Re: A little bit of honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:43 pm

No it is not you Maya - I thought that Kylie's number could have been a real dance-along stomper but it was a curiously restrained version of the locomotion!! And those two blokes.................... Laughing

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya53 Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks Mauveangel, glead to know I am not alone. I am not a Kylie fan, but do admire her longevity, but tonight's performance did nothing for me.
Maya53
Maya53

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:08 am

Again, I liked the opening of show. C raig in the booth and the bumper cars. The lighting effects were very good as they changed with the segments of music, in particular the clock that looked as if the dancers were dancing on.... what I thought was a pile of gambling chips.

I, too, thought how cruel it was to leave Kimberley to the end, but that's television drama for you.

F lavia wasn't listening to the names being read out. I think she had resigned herself to being in the DO.

I thought Erin & Richard danced better second time around but have not changed my opinion that it was time to go. Richard is starting to look lethargic and I didn't think the choreo was that great anyway. I think secretly Richard is probably very pleased to be saying goodbye.

I also agreed that Nicky should be in the DO. The judges were right it did look stompy and had no pointy feet or sharp flicks. Nicky didn't attempt to improve it in the DO, but maybe it was because he was petrified to alter anything in case he messed up. I could be wrong but I got the impression as he waited for the verdict that he was dismayed about the competitiveness of it all, as it started to look as if he was going through. I like Nicky, having seen him elsewhere on TV. Obviously Westlife fans didn't vote enough this time, perhaps they will next week. scratch

Victoria surprised me by saying that they should have been in the DO because I didn't think they were worse than the two who ended up there. I realise I am one of the people who want Victoria to stay in - perhaps even longer than she ought to.

The same goes for Louis. I would like him to end up in the top three, but I feel a bit concerned because he looked so upset. I think this was because he got out of step with F lavia during his dance. These Olympians set themselves such high standards and are devastated when they don't attain them. I am aware I am becoming anti to everything the judges say against him - and for some reason they are giving him a rough time. Although C raig, aware of his previous harshness, was much more demure in his judgment this week, saying he thought their AS was "refreshingly different", ie.not the usual Fred and Ginger style. I don't think for a minute he was being truthful. But, for me, Louis and F lavia are wonderful together and I don't want to see them go any time soon.

On to the acts. Not impressed with The Children in Need song - to me just a loud noise with Girls Aloud prancing around to it. Kylie's song not much better, imo.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:42 pm

Lucielle wrote: On to the acts. Not impressed with The Children in Need song - to me just a loud noise with Girls Aloud prancing around to it. Kylie's song not much better, imo.

It never came close to Little Eva's version anyway. Never been a Kylie fan at best, although the son of a neighbour and his mother used to spend an absolute fortune travelling around to her UK concerts. They'd have been far better off going to see Gloria Estafan and Tina Turner. Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  IAmFullOfWonder Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Not being cruel, but I would have loved to see what had happened had Kimberley been eliminated last week, with the Girls Aloud performance Razz

It was probably still just as hard for Kim knowing that she could be in the dance-off.
IAmFullOfWonder
IAmFullOfWonder

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:16 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

It never came close to Little Eva's version anyway.

Ah, sweet memories, first record I ever bought. We used to call them singles in those days.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:37 pm

Most of the comments I agree with I would love to see a Louis, Kimberley & Dani final however I feel Kimberley may be pipped by DvO.In a perfect scenario be great to see an outsider in the final ie Michael & Natalie if he can master Latin.I fear if DvO in final scores be overmarked & Louis be undermarked.
The public thou could make the difference.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. Empty re a little bit of honesty

Post  Moova 12 Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Having just caught up with the weekend events but I have to agree Wembley does not make good TV. Poor little Dani (surely one of the few people to Vincente seem tall) was almost lost. What a shame as I do think she is the one who has the techniques correct. I don't think she has had a dress that covered her feet, but I may be wrong, and so has always shown what she can do. Keep covering the tats though.

The rock and roll on the clock was good.
Surely it has to be Nicky and Vicky next for the DO.
What was wrong with Louis? Very down. Question
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Lucielle wrote:.. These Olympians set themselves such high standards and are devastated when they don't attain them..

I'm wondering whether Strictly occurred too close to the Olympics from a performanve point of view for both Louis and Victoria. It's obviously helped their voting profile but they both seem to still be in an Olympic competition mindset. Both training hard, nice personalities when relaxed but put them in the actual competition and they go back into sport competition mode. Louis assumes his poker face and feels he [/b]has[b] to get the routine perfect - because if you get it wrong on a pommel horse you fall off. And Victoria gets very nervous because her competitive experience is head down on a bicycle - nobody cares what you look like if you win.
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Well, the right decision, shame for Erin, but we might get to see more of her in the professional dances. The funny thing is, although on balance I think that the judges were right to save Nicky, in the dance-off itself, I actually enjoyed Richard's dance more. I think that might have something to do with the relationships between the couple, though.
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:17 pm

All looking so very good in training that I'm expecting a realy class show.

Nicky has something he may actually excel at in the Charlston, Denise will keep her standard up, Vincent and Dani will probably have clockwork precision. Victoria continues to be enigmatic (roughly means I haven't a clue where she's at, but amongst the polished bit she still has some footwork better adopted to clog dancing), Louis and Flavia will also excel if he brings his "I've just nicked the last rolo" cruel grin along in places. Michael is looking fine, (Natalie stunning). Lisa I just don't know, rumba can be a killer. They're both better suited to Laurel and Hardy than Romeo and Juliet ( I mean that in no cruel way).
Kimberley will steal the show with tango. The green-eyed lover theme, what an opportunity for Jealousy for the music!

Bring it on. Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:52 pm

TANGOLERO wrote: Louis and Flavia will also excel if he brings his "I've just nicked the last rolo" cruel grin along in places.

lol!
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Louis & Flavia tonight looked good to me.We didn't see much of Lisa!!
Nicky mmmm an improvement looks a fun charleston!!Victoria still looking cling.Michael & Natalie lovely darlings.We saw a quick glimpse only re Danni too

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:38 pm

Week 8. The Stroppy Judges edition.

Dani and Vincent. These two get better every week and are now no longer dark horses but firm contenders for a place in the final. I thought tonight's dance was their best yet; sharp, slick and engaging. And every week they still leave me with the same feeling: there's more to come.

Kimberley and Kasha I've a soft spot for Kimberley, more so since her unexpected appearance in a dance off but to be honest, she didn't wow me tonight. She started well and there was a lot of good in there but there were also a couple of loose holds and times when she seemed to hang off Pasha, rather than stick with the staccato action B.runo seemed to admire. Not her best.

Victoria and Brendan B.runo has a point. If she can't do the hip thing by week 8 (and she absolutely can't) she's in big trouble. There were moments when it looked good but all too many when it looked awkward. Only the public can save her now.

Louis and Flavia I'll be interested to see what the reaction is here. He engaged me - I didn't have a problem with that bit at all. The issue for me was I would have liked to have seen more p'zazz (technical term) in the dance itself. i'm convinced Louis can do whatever Flavia asks of him and she's not asking enough right now. I hope, and think, the public will save him but if they do, it's time for Flav to deliver what the judges want. All that said - sixes and sevens? Not on my scorecard it wasn't...

Lisa and Robin I had a feeling earlier on this week that this would be a difficult one for Lisa but by now a black cloud had descended over the Judges and like Louis I think she was also under-marked. She didn't lead (or it didn't seem that way to me) and it was a poignant, tender dance. She seemed to think she'd got that part across - and I agree with her.

Michael and Natalie I enjoyed it. I saw a good, not great, Argentine Tango with plenty of recognisable elements, including some that struck me as being rather difficult. The first lift was great, the other two less so. It went off the boil a bit but I thought it was a solid performance. Also rather cruelly under-marked. By this stage I was wondering what on earth had got into the Judges.

Then again - there's always a Charleston around the corner to save the day...

Nicky and Karen A good, spirited Charleston. I scratched my head wondering whether some of the steps actually belonged in a Charleston but nevermind, they made it to the end, it was thoroughly entertaining from start to finish and, thank God, pulled the Judges out of their collective torpor. I don't expect Nicky to make the final but on the basis of this dance, he can leave with his head held high.

James and Denise. Wonderful, just wonderful. Did B.runo use the word "floating"? If not, I'll use it now. She made the whole dance look seamless, timeless and beautiful. A great version of Imagine too. Oh - and James needs to button it.

I suspect we'll be seeing Victoria and Michael in the dance-off. Maybe Lisa instead of Michael.
David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Overall, I thought there was some better dancing this week, much better camerawork(!) and comments from the judges that made more sense to me. Here's my rundown:

Dani & Vincent - she does deliver a very tidy performance. Where this didn't quite work for me was the inclusion of so many of the Beyonce "quotations". Including a few references from the video was fun, but I felt they overdid it. The samba got a bit lost in the routine as a whole.

Kimberley & Pasha - good movement and she really went for the intensity. But the pout was a bit much - it kept jumping out at me, probably because Kimberley's lipstick was so dark. She does seem to be a bit floppy in the body to me, but otherwise very good.

Victoria & Brendan - not a total disaster, but not great either. The lifts were well executed, but it was too nervous and restrained in the inbetween bits.

Louis & Flavia - very good movement, and I thought his spanish lines were good. I didn't think the arrogant expression looked out of place this time, but it wasn't that involving. But thought the judges scored him harshly for a technically well-executed dance.

Lisa & Robin - seemed to me they were going for more of a theatrical approach to the expressing the mood of the rumba. I spotted the straight legs and some nice lines with her arms, so credit to Lisa for those. It didn't flow as much as I'd have liked or seem that rumbary (is that a word?)

Michael & Natalie - the hanging basket was back! Yay! I do think the man can look a bit like a prop in an AT with lifts, and got that feeling at times with this routine. Just to be contrary - I thought the look of intense concentration on Michael's face was fine, and a lot better than some of the faces he's been pulling in other dances. I thought he did okay, but needed to look a tad stronger and sharper.

Nicky & Karen - I liked the routine a lot. Could have done with slightly better executed swivel and less of the wonky shoulder moves from Nicky, but still his best dance for me.

Denise & James - best ballroom routine I've ever seen from James Jordan! Beautiful flowing movement throughout, and stronger portrayal of emotion than I've seen from Denise so far. If they hadn't told us about the hiccup, I might have been reaching for my 10...

Who should go? Well, Victoria is obviously out of her depth in Latin, so she looks like the most likely candidate. But I'd vote Brucie to go.
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Didn't enjoy tonight - lacklustre routines, awful music, poor presenting by B.ruce, and there was a bit of a ramshackle feel about it. Maybe I'm just tired and grumpy, but here's my comments
Dani - didn't like her solo intro, or at least didn't recognise it as samba. Although she got all the steps right, I felt it lacked a bit of bounce at times but maybe that was just because of the music. Danced well, but there was just something missing for me
Kimberly - again, I thought the music choice spoilt what should've been a high impact dance
Victoria - Wasn't expecting much but actually thought the dance was OK - some flashes of good dancing at times, clean lifts, and she didn't get tangled with the arms. But the pair of them have an air of resignation about them, and I hope they're in DO.
Louis - Oh dear, yet again the music choice didn't help one bit. It looked a bit like dancing by n.umbers to me, and a bit balletic in places. Found the routine disappointing, but I also felt the judges are so disproportionately negative to Louis week after week. It's beginning to really p*** me off.
Lisa - the routine left me stone cold, sorry - didn't like any of it (although credit to Robin for doing a serious routine)
Michael - despite the good music and Natalie doing her best to distract, I thought Michael looked awkward and a bit stumbly at times.
Nicky - by this stage in the show I was honestly thinking about switching off and doing the dishes, but then Nicky produced a real Wow dance. Not perfect, but I loved his characterisation and energy, and such a lot of content. Much preferred this to DvO's one last week. He's not on my list of favourites, but I don't want him in DO tonight
Denise - Nice enough routine but personally didn't find it very memorable. Thought the big lift looked a bit ugly to be honest, especially with the dress all over James' face. Even I noticed the footwork errors, so didn't merit a 10 imo.

Not a great night, and I'd put a lot of that down to the music.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Bit of an odd show tonight. There's always a danger when standards and scores improve so well that a dive week could occur. I think it was this one.

It all started well enough with another tidy samba by Dani and Vincent. They seem to concentrate on quality dance rather than flash and it pays off. It was bouncy, used the floor well and its appeal was in the look and feel of it. Always a bit hard to be number one on the start list but it certainly didn't show. No jerks and a constant moving rythmn. Well done and marks deserved.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kimberley and Pasha. Tango.

A blue tango if Kimberley's dress was a clue. She played it very well and some of the others should take a pointer on how she acts the dance. A real tango for me and the judges can say what they will. Loved it. Again, odd music but they handled well and the feel was that of the tango. That's what it's supposed to be. I'd have scored four nines.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victoria and Brandan. Salsa.

The lifts were good, it was pretty in places but messy in others and a very half-hearted effort from the golden girl. At this stage, way away from good enough and she is almost back on her bike. Tough on Brandan but it's silk purses if not quite sows ears. Very disppointed with her lack of fighting spirit. Not much else to say. The marks reflected the performance. More teeth in Auntie Elsie's bedside glass.

Louis and Flavia. Paso.

The boy just doesn't listen. A golden opportunity to shine and he posed it. A fur coat and no boxers performance. Flavia looked stunning in that dress, but Louis got carried away in moves and forgot the essence of the paso. Again the crap music didn't help, but it was almost a Gavin Henson performance without the orange tan. Right from the off he didn't grab it by the round things and dominate the dance. Not what I expected tonight from him. Very subdued and disappointing. I hope he realises judges don't say thing to excercise their tonsils and takes note in stead of taking for granted. Talent wasted.

Lisa and Robin..Rumba.

Just not their dance. Everybody has a bogey dance, this was theirs. No more to say. If they stay in they're over a hurdle. Not certain they will based on that.

...................................................................................................................................

Michael and Natalie. Argentine Tango.

Oh, Michael. Why didn't you listen to Natalie? She told you what she wanted and looked the ultimate passionata in that dress. It was almost an, "Oh, can't do that the wife's watching" type of thing. Another who didn't grab the dance essence and played maypole to his partner. I was really disappointed as he's worked so hard. I'd have risked divorce to be him (well, and his age too) out there. Your partner isn't for holding hands with and a tango isn't ring-a-ring- roses. Just hope you stay in mate but tonight won't swing too much for you. Has to be better than Victoria though even if he should be red-lighted. Buck up man, you're better than that.

Nicky and Karen. Charleston.

I said midweek this could be his chance to shine; it was and he did. Real 1920's silent film setting and they whooped it up in style. A really good job with a dance made for him and he grabbed it and excelled. Not been his greatest fan, but no denying him his triumph. Well done the lad.Fun and good content mixed and well danced.

Denise and James. American Smooth.

Three nines and a ten say its worth. Classy as ever from these two. Almost ice-rink stuff in its smoothness and elegance and a great lift to finish. They train hard and take the lumps and they deliver every time they take the floor. Still well up there at the sharp end.

Good start and good end to the night with a few patchy moments in between. Hope the G.B.P get it right.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next