Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing

+9
1superken
Littlebear
mauveangel09
gingercodgers
jingle
TANGOLERO
saxonsiren
Sid
CaledonianCraig
13 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing  - Page 6 Empty Re: The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:14 pm

Thank you for this CC - this was one of my favourite dances of this season - I forgot to put it on the other thread. I feel that only Michelle's dances (this one, the Hallowe'en Foxtrot and the American Smooth) would make it to the classic list.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing  - Page 6 Empty Re: The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:58 pm

Agree very muchly about the Michelle dances.

Also, be fair, athough I was Agin Kelvin, I always said I loved this jive and for me it is better than Jay's (and the blessed Saint Halfpenny) because of the choreography from the goddess that is OTi (plus the music and outfits*) which lifts it to classic status:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azLFvQsVwcQ
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:28 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:Agree very muchly about the Michelle dances.

Also, be fair, athough I was Agin Kelvin, I always said I loved this jive and for me it is better than Jay's (and the blessed Saint Halfpenny) because of the choreography from the goddess that is OTi (plus the music and outfits*) which lifts it to classic status:

Have to agree D &P. There was so much symmetrical moving together in the choreography that the slightest fault would have stood out. It didn't because it was so precise that it just had to be ( C.R.H apart) a perfect score. Wonderful dancing.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:25 pm

Another of Michelle's memorable dances:-

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:57 pm

Lovely CC
Easily one of the best dances of the season for me

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:21 am

I have not added many dances for so long but here are dances that have resonated with me in this series. First up Tyler's Charleston and jeez what a great job done by Dave Arch and the singers too:-

:-

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:24 am

Last night's Argentine Tango by Fleur East was superb. Really taking to Vitto as a new pro:-

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:28 am

Finally, for now, Hamza Yassin's Samba was the greatest dance I have seen on Strictly for one carrying such bulk. Superb how he moved and coped with the lifts and what rhythm:-

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:14 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:Agree very muchly about the Michelle dances.

That was a great jive for sure.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:16 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Finally, for now, Hamza Yassin's Samba was the greatest dance I have seen on Strictly for one carrying such bulk. Superb how he moved and coped with the lifts and what rhythm:-

I loved this salsa. It had everything and I wanted to be at that party. Great routine, brilliantly executed. Probably my favourite Salsa so far on Strictly.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:19 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Lovely CC
Easily one of the best dances of the season for me
Lovely dancing and in theme. Gio certainly creates some lovely Foxtrots
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:42 pm

The Couples Choice has always been a bug bear of mine (and most posters on here) but I just loved Helen Skelton and Gorka Marquez' Fosse-styled dance. Utterly superb:-

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:13 pm

Yes I thought it was brilliant CC and deserves a 'classic' spot

I'm kind of struggling to come up with many classics from this series, even though there have been consistentl excellent performances. Strange, must be me!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:12 pm

I enjoyed Kym and Fleur's A.Tangos
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:25 am

My favourite dances are those of origin: Spanish Paso Doble to En Er Mundo, Tango to La Cumparsita or Jealousy, and Samba to Brazil plus the classic ballroom Waltz, Foxtrot and Quickstep of the tie and tails era. There are so many good dances spoiled by poor music and bad costumery that it's impossible to choose a single favourite.
Hellen has grabbed the joy of dance with both hands and so has Hamza. Up to this week, the show has produced six very good dancers from scratch. All time Favourites...probably Tom Chamber's show dance and Jodie Kidd's Regency Waltz with Ian Waite.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:18 am

From Strictly 2023 here is the first dance that gets into the classic dances category for me. Ellie's American Smooth and her Salsa came close too:-

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

mauveangel09 likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing  - Page 6 Empty The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:06 am

Yes - I heartily agree

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:52 pm

I agree too. It was fab-u-lus! cheers
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6