Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+22
cellar-door
Professor Hans Rosling
diamondsandpearls
Millicent Threeble
David Tee
gingercodgers
hatlady28
lualen
allsewnonbyhand
Sid
1superken
Littlebear
Moova 12
fiftynotout
Wallflower
saxonsiren
Tina Sparkle
TANGOLERO
B4p
mauveangel09
jingle
CaledonianCraig
26 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 3 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  Sid Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:23 pm

Wallflower wrote:Who will go - I have no idea.  But Sophie's position on the leader board did motivate me to vote for her.  Hope that's not the kiss of death affraid
It gets you a kiss from me though Wall Wink Mwah! X

I love you

Last edited by Sid on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 3 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:23 pm

Just watched the show and just time to get my comments in before the bell................ So many good comments and some which have made me smile and chortle as always...........I could make up all my post with quotes! It has all been said but will add some thoughts:

Firstly - I feel I am going to fall out with D arcey soon for these '10's!!!! Agree with the consensus that it should be Dave and Mark in the DO - all the other couples upped their game for me last night and I enjoyed the show better than last week. Again. agree that Fiona is probably the third one in danger, not because she has done anything particularly wrong but is not as strong as some of the others are shaping up to be. I hope she doesn't become a sacrifice on the 'altar of Dave' - I hope that Sophies performance would save her if she ended up in the DO.

Ben - Actually I didn't mind it - It was never going to be easy for him but I think that Kristina's choreography was quite clever in making this a jitterbug style which suited him. Thought the timing was quite good as well. '7'

Fiona - Improved as it went along for me - judges comments were quite accurate - it was a bit 'walky' in parts but I felt she did quite good shaping and it was a far more confident performance from her than we have previously seen. I also felt I was full watching her and not A nton. Good effort. '7'

Abby - Great performance liked the choreography and style - I agree with most of you that it did not trump Sophie's Charleston from earlier on in the series. '9'

Mark - This was a glorified lap dance-especially the start (sorry Mark) Again, it was never going to be a good dance for him and I think they are trying to grab GBP with the acting thing and hope that voters won't focus on the actual dancing - but this was a step too far. I thought that C raig's comments were spot on for this one in that it was conceptual but very short of technique for this stage in the Contest. ' 6' for trying! No sympathy votes from me I'm afraid but wouldn't want him out ahead of Dave.

Susanna - Full of content and a great performance - still top of my tree! '9'

Ashley - Enjoyed this more than his dance last week - he does at least listen to the judges. A fast and furious quickstep and quite a 'grown up' routine from Mrs Jordan I thought -' 9' - 'fraid I didn't agree with C raig's later comments that Patrick is the best male celeb - A shley has danced consistently better in my eyes.

Dave - Elaborate set and I can see that he did do some basic tango steps and they tried to get the heads right - but there was minimal movement across the floor and even if he is trying to do some steps now, so what? it hardly matches up to what we should be seeing at his stage. B runo was a bit harsh but I didn't like Dave's answering back - also felt that T ess was almost bullying the judges into being 'nice' to him - B rucie handles the weaker ones better - IMO ' 4 '

Sophie - I thought the scoring was about right. I loved the routine I think all your comments (partic Jingle and Littlebear) have summed it up - could have just done with a bit more smoulder for me to get my score up from '8' to '9'. I would just like to mention the chair -normally I detest props but the chair seemed an intrinsic part of the dance - it must have been complicated to incorporate it so well in the routine and I thought they did this very well. Brendan's choreography at it's best. '8'

Patrick - I know I am going to sound unpopular but there was no way this was worth a '10' for me - I mean he nearly dropped her!!! Happy to see him with '9's to equal to Susanna and Abby. Great track for an American Smooth but actually it could have been 'smoother' for me and I didn't particularly like the jumping on the steps. Good performance though and a great finish to the show - '9'

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:36 pm

lol @ "glorified lap dance" Laughing 

Nice one mauve!

I'm with you on the '10' for Patrick. There was a glaring issue with the lift. I'm going to start going off Darcey as well if she keeps dishing out 10s for routines that don't deserve them. That said, I do think Patrick has edged in front of Ashley amongst the guys now - only just though.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Thought the 'lap dance' comment might make you laugh Sid! But honestly it is the first thing that came into my head when I saw it!

For me I still think A shley is ahead on the male side but I did want Patrick to challenge him and I am glad he is doing so - bring it on I say!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Avert Your Eyes:
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:28 pm

At last, the voting worked out fair and labour triumphed over conservative in the dance off. Wink 

All's well with the world and Blackpool is to look forward to, like treating ourselves as we all deserve. Always sad for the leaver, but that what the show's all about. Mark and Dave were the worst two contestants and, despite what L en said, Mark was way ahead of Dave who just hammed it all up. Never understood the theme because the whole thing was about as Scottish as egg fried rice, prawn crackers and Mel Gibson. The partnership with Karen was genuinely a thing they both enjoyed and I'm sure Dave will retain good memories of it all.

Thought the pros swingtime number to open the show was great and the dancing of Aljaz and Janet was a thing of joy. Great lighting effects for the Rememberance poppies too. Good show, good weekend and a good feeling to take to Blackpool. Bring it on....lol! 
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Here Here - Mr T - you've said it all - swing dance, poppies and Aliaz and Janettes dance were hugely enjoyable and justice done in the DO - although I didn't really know where L en was coming from? I've been surprised about the unanimous judges decisions in some of the DO this year - then when we hit the one that really should have been unanimous, L en makes a strange comment - was he trying to give Iveta notice that they don't want to see anymore of these 'scenario' dances???? Who knows? Fasten your seat belts folks, we are moving into the next phase of the competition now..............................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:54 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Here Here - Mr T - you've said it all -  swing dance, poppies and Aliaz and Janettes dance were hugely enjoyable and justice done in the DO - although I didn't really know where L en was coming from?   I've been surprised about the unanimous judges decisions in some of the DO this year - then when we hit the one that really should have been unanimous, L en makes a strange comment - was he trying to give Iveta notice that they don't want to see anymore of these 'scenario' dances????    Who knows?       Fasten your seat belts folks, we are moving into the next phase of the competition now..............................
To be honest I just think L.en was trying to make Dave feel a bit better. As sure as eggs are eggs if the vote had relied on L.en then I am sure he would have voted Dave off.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:01 pm

Well it was the "fair" result!

I have to think that L en was trying to make Dave feel better, or placating the people who voted for him. I really cannot believe that he would have saved Mark over Dave if it came to it. I think that the next three to go will be Mark, Fiona and Ben (in any order, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ben is the last to go) and after that I realy wouldn't care to call it at the moment.
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:19 pm

Have to say Dave was gracious and actually rather dignified. When one thinks of Widdy, Vanessa and a few others.......Dave was a gentleman.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:22 pm

hatlady28 wrote:Have to say Dave was gracious and actually rather dignified.  When one thinks of Widdy, Vanessa and a few others.......Dave was a gentleman.
I don't think his graciousness was being questioned - he just could not dance. His witty remarks could only take him so far before they began wearing thin and besides he stayed around four or five weeks longer than he should have so can have no real complaints.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:30 pm

CC, I wasn't suggesting that it was being questioned, I was perhaps suggesting that this may be part of the reason he lasted as long as he did. No he can't dance, no argument from me.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:30 pm

It was Dave's time to go but I couldn't help feeling a tinge of sadness as he and Karen danced their last dance to Wind Beneath My Wings (which, incidentally, I'd want as my farewell song on Strictly!). Nice people, clearly had their fans, gracious exit, can't ask for more than that.

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:40 pm

hatlady28 wrote:CC, I wasn't suggesting that it was being questioned, I was perhaps suggesting that this may be part of the reason he lasted as long as he did.  No he can't dance, no argument from me.
We never saw the graciousness until tonight I don't think. I would say, in any case, that it was the comedic value that kept him in the contest along with Hairy Biker fans. In any case he hung on much longer than he should of so there can be no sentimentality.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:04 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote: In any case he hung on much longer than he should of so there can be no sentimentality.
Oh I'm not so sure about that. I feel quite sentimental about all of them when they go home. Even the ones I'm not all that keen on.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Tina Sparkle wrote:Well it was the "fair" result!  

I have to think that L en was trying to make Dave feel better, or placating the people who voted for him.  I really cannot believe that he would have saved Mark over Dave if it came to it.  I think that the next three to go will be Mark, Fiona and Ben (in any order, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ben is the last to go) and after that I realy wouldn't care to call it at the moment.
I suspect we'll have a surprise or two before we get through those three. TBH I was surprised that both Mark and Dave were in the dance off tonight, I'd seen their support being a lot stronger than that - obviously not.

Darcey aside, I thought the other judges were a bit lippy / sour this weekend and L.en's criticism of C.raig up in Claud's annexe didn't exactly tally up with his own comments in the show. Other than that, I thought both Saturday and Sunday were top notch entertainment. Susannah was brilliant but I also liked Sophie's AT and thought Brendan's choreography was stunning.

David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:47 am

Yes ginger I agree there - as do I. Perhaps the earlier word I was searching for was sympathy. It is sad to see them sad but as Dave said (or was it Mark) they know they have to go sometime and Dave has had a far better run than his dance ability has afforded him.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:22 am

What? L.en would have saved Dave in the dance off? Don't make me laugh! That was purely a touch of controversy in an otherwise oh so predictable show.

Front runners breaking away from the field.

Improvers continuing to show promise.

Ben and Fiona reaching their respective plateaus.

Dave and Mark deservedly placed in the bottom two by both the judges and the GBP.

Saying ta ta to Dave.

Thank goodness L.en spiced it up a bit, otherwise what would we have to argue about?!
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:27 am

Seriously though, I see it all coming together nicely. Voted for the first time this series (managed to catch it live for once) for Sophie; thought she was far better than the judges comments.

Never thought I'd admit to this ( I'm one of those who doesn't think she should be there) but I was disappointed not to see Natalie's jive. I suppose I was looking forward to a good pro dance, perhaps she'll be able to do it if she comes back.

fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:52 pm

fiftynotout wrote:Seriously though, I see it all coming together nicely.  Voted for the first time this series (managed to catch it live for once) for Sophie; thought she was far better than the judges comments.

Never thought I'd admit to this ( I'm one of those who doesn't think she should be there) but I was disappointed not to see Natalie's jive. I suppose I was looking forward to a good pro dance, perhaps she'll be able to do it if she comes back.

You get a *smooch* too fifty! xxxxxx I love you Sophie will Quickstep in Blackpool. I daren't get my hopes up too much, but it should suit her and the setting is perfect for that dance. She needs a confidence-builder.

I was also disappointed not to see Natalie Jive. The training looked SO promising. However (and I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way) I didn't think Saturday night's show felt flat without her (as I imagined it might). Of course I wanted her healthy and to be there, but I didn't find myself missing her during the show itself.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Sid wrote:
You get a *smooch* too fifty! xxxxxx I love you Sophie will Quickstep in Blackpool. I daren't get my hopes up too much, but it should suit her and the setting is perfect for that dance. She needs a confidence-builder.
[/quote]
I think the quickstep will be the making of Sophie, Sid (although her Charlston already did that). She has good, quick and neat feet and Brendan will keep her on the move. I'm actually glad she got the quickstep and expect her to really shine. Wink 
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Hope so Mr D! She needs to show the judges she's mastered her topline & frame....don't want to see it get loose and lose its shape at all. But I'm looking forward to the dance Smile

Looks like A.nton & Fiona are sticking around for another week. They have an American Smooth. A.nton will be in his element and will pull in the votes again.

Mark will likely get the bounce-back effect, and perhaps some of Dave's votes......which makes me wonder who will be in danger?
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:53 pm

Sid wrote:

Looks like A.nton & Fiona are sticking around for another week. They have an American Smooth. A.nton will be in his element and will pull in the votes again.

Mark will likely get the bounce-back effect, and perhaps some of Dave's votes......which makes me wonder who will be in danger?
I keep hearing of this fallacy that An.ton pulls in the votes - if that is the case why has this been his best run in the show for as long as I can remember? As for Mark well unless he can rediscover a performance that he showed a few weeks ago then he looks certain to be bottom of the scoreboard with the judges. For him to escape the dance-off he'd need heaps of votes - now yes he may scoop up Dave's votes but I think the fact Dave ended in the dance-off last week shows the novelty had worn off amongst fans and that doesn't bode well for Mark. What I am saying is perhaps, at long last, voters realise it is time to vote sensibly for the best dancers. For me Mark is in a similar position now to Dave in that if he ends up in the dance-off he will be voted off. The only chance for him is if Fiona is in the dance-off with him and fluffs her dance.

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:53 pm

Sid wrote:Hope so Mr D! She needs to show the judges she's mastered her topline & frame....don't want to see it get loose and lose its shape at all. But I'm looking forward to the dance Smile

I'm wondering how safe Ashley is - he seems to have had an untroubled passage through the competition so far but I agree with the fabu-u-lus darling one, he's got to take that next step up if he really is to be counted among the front runners.

I think we could be in for a good show this Saturday....
David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:35 pm

David Tee wrote: I'm wondering how safe Ashley is - he seems to have had an untroubled passage through the competition so far but I agree with the fabu-u-lus darling one, he's got to take that next step up if he really is to be counted among the front runners.I think we could be in for a good show this Saturday....  
C raig's ideas of the next step up would be a combination of Fred Astaire, Rudolf Nureyev, Joachin Cortez and Michael Jackson, and even then he'd find something to fault.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next