Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+22
cellar-door
Professor Hans Rosling
diamondsandpearls
Millicent Threeble
David Tee
gingercodgers
hatlady28
lualen
allsewnonbyhand
Sid
1superken
Littlebear
Moova 12
fiftynotout
Wallflower
saxonsiren
Tina Sparkle
TANGOLERO
B4p
mauveangel09
jingle
CaledonianCraig
26 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 40 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:13 am

So nice to read your reviews, Sid. I agree regarding Mark's Samba. He's really surprised me with his ability to do the double bounce and the Samba rolls, and his shoulders had effectively stopped bobbing up and down like it did in the cha-cha week. But for Darcey to score that dance and Pixie's (same dance!) nine was ridiculous. Still, I think Mark's dance deserved all the eights, and maybe some sevens.

I liked Steve but I felt O.la's heart wasn't in this show any more. Her routine were so meh it almost made me feel sorry for Steve. Pivots, not once but TWICE, and he wasn't even really that good at it! How predictable and silly of her. Noticed, when Mark and Karen finished their dance and received their score, and C.laudia asked the others from the back to respond to her with 'ah ha ah ha', O.la just looked so glum. If this is O.la's last series, at least she could be happy that she had the ever-positive Steve as her celeb partner...

I seem to finally 'get' Trent. He's really like the cross between Matthew Cutler and Ian Waite. Very tall, very blond, very slim and very classical in his approach with choreography and seems to always attempt to include traditional recognisable dance figures in that particular dance he's supposed to teach and choreograph. But maybe it's because he had a very talented (if somewhat bland) celeb, so he could include a lot of the recognisable basics in the routines? I am begining to warm to him as a pro as well.

I voted for Sunetra and Brendan tonight as well (and threw one vote to Mark too for that unexpected Samba). I think she's going to be in the bottom two this week. Sad
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 40 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:30 am

'fraid I'm still not convinced by Trent CD - tonight was a more classical routine than what he has done thus far - but for me the jury is still out.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:44 am

cellar-door wrote:
I seem to finally 'get' Trent. He's really like the cross between Matthew Cutler and Ian Waite.

OMG a Twitter friend said EXACTLY the same thing! Described Trent as a Matthew/Iain hybrid, how spooky! I see the similarities, although he needs to put together a few more decent routines before getting elevated to Matthew/Iain status - the signs are good though!

The "O.la Factor" is the only thing stopping me getting behind Steve fully. She seems to be drifting towards the Strictly periphery, going through the motions a bit, thinking about opportunities that await post-Strictly maybe?

Reading back I think Mauve and I have disagreed for the first time ever ( Shocked ) about Mark's Samba score  Exclamation  I shall have to rewatch it, maybe I was a bit harsh because I wouldn't even have given it 8s Shocked (well, maybe 2 x 7s and 2 x 8s - which is still a great score for a male Samba). The general feeling among my Twitter buddies was that everyone got a bit carried away with his marks but when I look at the Strictly Facebook page it's got a lot of 'likes' and there's a sense that the marks were deserved.

Oh and big SMOOCH for voting Sunetra & Brendan. Not sure whether that'll deter or encourage more votes from you for them in the future! bounce Razz Twisted Evil
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:57 am

I will watch the show but its been spoilt by a thoughtless mate.
Will post my scores to. CD I will not do any spoilers sorry.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:14 am

Well, excluding Scott, Judy and Alison I still have no idea who is going to be in the final this year.

Sunetra and Steve are my two dark horses.

I know a lot has been said about how bad Judy and Scott are but I'm personally not enjoying Alison's performances at all any more. Any two of these three should be in the DO.

I'm sorry Sax but I won't read your post until tomorrow, now that I know you know the result I'm afraid I'd be able to tell. Maybe don't even mention you know next time Embarassed
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:31 am

fiftynotout wrote:Well, excluding Scott, Judy and Alison I still have no idea who is going to be in the final this year.

Sunetra and Steve are my two dark horses.

I know a lot has been said about how bad Judy and Scott are but I'm personally not enjoying Alison's performances at all any more.  Any two of these three should be in the DO.

I'm sorry Sax but I won't read your post until tomorrow, now that I know you know the result I'm afraid I'd be able to tell.  Maybe don't even mention you know next time Embarassed

Yes it is pretty open this year. However, I'd rule Steve out - far too wooden at times and has absolutely no hip movement so without that will never master latin.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 40 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:20 am

RE: Mark

I think I might have been one of those who got a bit carried away last night Sid - by the very fact that he could do it - let alone put in a performance like that!!! Very Happy    I have seen so few male celebs pull off a decent samba - ( for me it is one of those graveyard dances for male celebs - like the rhumba, and to a lesser extent the paso).    So I suppose my  '9' was based on how well he had mastered a very difficult dance and I couldn't find much wrong with it - think there was for me actually more bounce in there than what I saw from Pixie Targaryen - although the music seemed to really help that aspect of it -  I thought that Mark's music would be rubbish for samba but it wasn't in the event.      I suppose that because of Pixie's previous experience in the arts world, I am still, perhaps unfairly  always expecting her to master these dances to a high standard.     I did really enjoy the Targaryen's performance which was excellent and like you and CD have said, it had for the first time - 'feeling' - but I need to see more of this from them in the coming weeks.  Likewise, Mark seemed to do what Simon did last week - come back with a stonking dance after being in the DO - but both of these guys need to show me more consistency in their performances overall.

I think the competition is so interesting this year because there is a whole bunch of people who are very close in standard at this point and at more or the less the same level and who are improving - so I think those places in the final and indeed in the final weeks are going to be really fought over this year and like fiftynotout says -  it is still by no means clear cut - couples are going up and down in standard with what they are doing each week at the moment - but I think that is good as it is still relatively early -  I think the Hallowe'en Show is a milestone that they all want to reach and then it will become Blackpool.

That's all from me until tomorrow...................... Very Happy  Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:29 am

Its ok fifty not posting my scores as not going to watch Saturdays show until Monday am. I didn't seek to know my friend text me late last night as knew Id missed show and thought doing me a favor

Evil or Very Mad So Ive advised them never to let me know again and Id never ever blab on here as do not wish to be a non member Embarassed Embarassed sorry i brought it up i was upset silent
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:15 am

saxonsiren wrote:Its ok fifty not posting my scores as not going to watch Saturdays show until Monday am. I didn't seek to know my friend text me late last night as knew Id missed show and thought doing me a favor

Evil or Very Mad So Ive advised them never to let me know again and Id never ever blab on here as do not wish to be a non member Embarassed  Embarassed sorry i brought it up i was upset silent

I'm sure everyone here understands that you were upset Sax.  So sorry your friend ruined it for you - like you I want to watch the show without knowing the results.  Hope you enjoy the dances on Monday.  Sending hugs
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:52 pm

fiftynotout wrote:I know a lot has been said about how bad Judy and Scott are but I'm personally not enjoying Alison's performances at all any more.  Any two of these three should be in the DO

Hi fifty, as much as I like her (she does make me laugh) I think Alison should be out next or after Scott simply because there just isn't any scope for improvement. Her footwork is always going to be flat and her body shape is going to prevent her from achieving the top line that they're looking for. Sure we can have more dances full of fun and energy but that's not enough now, I want to see some progress.

saxonsiren wrote:I will watch the show but its been spoilt by a thoughtless mate. Will post my scores to. CD I will not do any spoilers sorry.

Sorry your mate spoiled this week's show for you Sax, but look forward to reading your reviews when you get round to watching it x

mauveangel09 wrote:

I think I might have been one of those who got a bit carried away last night Sid - by the very fact that he could do it - let alone put in a performance like that!!! Very Happy    I have seen so few male celebs pull off a decent samba - ( for me it is one of those graveyard dances for male celebs - like the rhumba, and to a lesser extent the paso).    So I suppose my  '9' was based on how well he had mastered a very difficult dance and I couldn't find much wrong with it - think there was for me actually more bounce in there than what I saw from Pixie Targaryen - although the music seemed to really help that aspect of it -  I thought that Mark's music would be rubbish for samba but it wasn't in the event.      I suppose that because of Pixie's previous experience in the arts world, I am still, perhaps unfairly  always expecting her to master these dances to a high standard.     I did really enjoy the Targaryen's performance which was excellent and like you and CD have said, it had for the first time - 'feeling' - but I need to see more of this from them in the coming weeks.  Likewise, Mark seemed to do what Simon did last week - come back with a stonking dance after being in the DO - but both of these guys need to show me more consistency in their performances overall.

And on second viewing, Mark was better than I probably gave him credit for...not quite Pixie's standard, and I wouldn't expect him to be, but it was a brave and assured performance - and the music surprisingly worked perfectly. Great comeback! See you Monday Smile
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:55 pm

Interesting question from Fifty: Who actually might make the final? From potntial shown so far, how many are capable of performing consistently good and then producing a wow of a showdance? All based on merit of course and hoping the frenzy of twitterbugs will have sated themselves on the bones of any decent dancer and their own choices faded away like snowflakes by then.

There isn't a really stand-out dazzler so far for me, although Jake is closest, and it's still early days, but, all things considered, we can make a few guesses as to potential finalists.........can't we?.... Neutral
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:10 pm

I can't see past a Pixie, Caroline, Frankie, Jake final Mr T. Even if they fall into the bottow two, the dance-off will always favour the 3 ladies because they arrived with some previous training and so will always have the edge in terms of technique and ability. And I imagine Jake's popularity will see him through *if* he doesn't do a Scott Maslen and run out of steam by week 7/8.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:21 pm

Sid wrote:I can't see past a Pixie, Caroline, Frankie, Jake final Mr T. Even if they fall into the bottow two, the dance-off will always favour the 3 ladies because they arrived with some previous training and so will always have the edge in terms of technique and ability. And I imagine Jake's popularity will see him through *if* he doesn't do a Scott Maslen and run out of steam by week 7/8.

I'd mostly agree Sid, but I'm watching Mark with a careful eye. He learned his tough lines well this week and showed some skill and panache. He's also athletic enough to cope with the tricky stuff and lifts and he has the determination to do well. I feel Pixie and Frankie's big tests will come if they have to cope with any bad weeks emotionally.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:24 pm

Sid wrote:I can't see past a Pixie, Caroline, Frankie, Jake final Mr T. Even if they fall into the bottow two, the dance-off will always favour the 3 ladies because they arrived with some previous training and so will always have the edge in terms of technique and ability. And I imagine Jake's popularity will see him through *if* he doesn't do a Scott Maslen and run out of steam by week 7/8.

Ah but so much could happen between now and the final couldn't it? My head says the front runners are Jake and Pixie and I would love to see Frankie in the final. Caroline does absolutely nothing for me although I see she can clearly dance. The next group comprises Mark, Simon, Steve, Sunetra & Thom, any one of whom could up their game or, if not, win the popularity contest. Exciting times ahead methinks.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:27 pm

And I suppose as we get closer to the final there will be the possibility of two of the four front runners ending up in the DO together.....
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:45 pm

Yes, the only way those front runners like Pixie, Frankie, Caroline and possibly Jake won't get to the finals is that any two of them were in the DO with each other and the judges were forced to eliminate one.

This could still happen.

So far, the ones I am seeing improvements are Mark and Sunetra (and when held at gunpoint, Steve, though his latin is always going to be just mediocre). ThomDoll is doing well, but he needs to straighten his legs and not keep having those sumo legs whether he's doing latin or ballroom and he'll be fine till the last eight, I think, barring a possibility of being in the dance-off with one of those 'frontrunners' of course. Very Happy

Simon was doing a very good charleston, but I know that wasn't choreographed by K.ristina. I am now wondering if it was actually Kristina who was holding Simon back? Their VW was jerky and not very smooth. Maybe it's the silly music the producers foisted upon them... Caroline's Paso music was atrocious too, and I am getting sick of hearing I'm Still Standing for QS or Jive. Just no.

-------

https://scdbbc.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=937
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40