Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+22
cellar-door
Professor Hans Rosling
diamondsandpearls
Millicent Threeble
David Tee
gingercodgers
hatlady28
lualen
allsewnonbyhand
Sid
1superken
Littlebear
Moova 12
fiftynotout
Wallflower
saxonsiren
Tina Sparkle
TANGOLERO
B4p
mauveangel09
jingle
CaledonianCraig
26 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 39 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  cellar-door Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:45 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Thanks C.D., hoping to, although my mind will be wondering if Scott's dropped his partner yet. Very Happy

Think about Scott when you are eating a lobster! Very Happy
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:19 pm

Mr T, Sax, have a lovely time with your respective sons tomorrow Smile
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:34 pm

Sid wrote:Mr T, Sax, have a lovely time with your respective sons tomorrow Smile

Thank you Sid. Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:37 pm

Thank you Sid Very Happy
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:34 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Happy Birthday Mr T jr have a lovely day and meal! Having to record the show too as going to visot son in new house and DIY skills needed! My OH's not Mine.

Can't you watch SCD in your son's new house while your OH does his DIY magic?
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:23 am

Probably be on the motorway heading back then.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:06 pm

Happy Birthday Tangolero and have a great day. Very Happy
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:21 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Happy Birthday Tangolero and have a great day. Very Happy

Cheers C.C. but it was the lad's birthday. Mine was last month. Anyway, meal called off this a.m for some as yet unexplained reason, so, music maestro please and on with the dance..... Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:50 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Cheers C.C. but it was the lad's birthday. Mine was last month. Anyway, meal called  off this a.m for some as yet unexplained reason, so, music maestro please and on with the dance..... Very Happy

Sincere apologies Tango. Hope you are enjoying the show.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:14 pm

Tonight's Show Summary:
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:35 pm

Very enjoyable show tonight. There is a more classic Strictly fare we see in week five show.

I don't like the skits that started off the show, but thankfully not all subsequent training VTs were silly childish ones.

The celebs had all improved (including Scott, but only a smidgen) generally, and I am most impressed with Mark's ability to do the double bounce in his Samba so naturally and he even attempted the Samba rolls (and did so really well). Beginning to warm to his latin dances, and I actually think he outdanced ThomDoll's cha-cha tonight.

Sunetra did an amazing Viennese Waltz but I fear she would be overlooked this week and be in the dreaded dance-off. Her VW was pure classic SCD ballroom number, and Brendan was so MUCH better than A.nton now in choreographing interesting and very classy ballroom routines.

Judy did well despite her 'wooden' nature in her dance, and I am surprised she scored lower than Scott. Both of them did the Charleston and I am quite certain even with my untrained eye her Charleston was MUCH better than Scott's!

Pixie's Samba was really good, but once again I still seem unable to warm to her dancing. It's so unfair to her I know, but I can't help it.

Last edited by cellar-door on Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:36 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Cheers C.C. but it was the lad's birthday. Mine was last month. Anyway, meal called  off this a.m for some as yet unexplained reason, so, music maestro please and on with the dance..... Very Happy

Aw, so sorry your son's birthday dinner was cancelled at the last moment. Hope you managed to catch the show tonight and enjoy it for what it's worth!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:41 pm

I agree with most of that cellar-door. How Scott scored more than Judy is a mystery as he made several glaring errors of epic proportions. Okay Judy was far from perfect but at least there were far less errors and she performed it better. Odd that C.raig was really damning about Scott and less so about Judy though gave Scott a higher mark.

Mark's samba was great - a real eye-opener. Jake's dance was stinted a little by faffing about at the top of the stairs for too long but was great once he got going. Caroline continues to impress and I thought Sunetra's waltz was slightly under-marked - she really does create lovely lines with her arms. Pixie's samba was top notch and perhaps the dance of the night.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:03 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:I agree with most of that cellar-door. How Scott scored more than Judy is a mystery as he made several glaring errors of epic proportions. Okay Judy was far from perfect but at least there were far less errors and she performed it better. Odd that C.raig was really damning about Scott and less so about Judy though gave Scott a higher mark.

Mark's samba was great - a real eye-opener. Jake's dance was stinted a little by faffing about at the top of the stairs for too long but was great once he got going. Caroline continues to impress and I thought Sunetra's waltz was slightly under-marked - she really does create lovely lines with her arms. Pixie's samba was top notch and perhaps the dance of the night.

Pixie's danced the best tonight, with a very difficult dance, without a doubt. But I actually liked Mark's attempt at the Samba more than Pixie's. Strange that I didn't like Mark's Samba music.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:06 pm

cellar-door wrote:

Pixie's danced the best tonight, with a very difficult dance, without a doubt. But I actually liked Mark's attempt at the Samba more than Pixie's. Strange that I didn't like Mark's Samba music.

Yes Mark's was a pleasant surprise which makes it more enjoyable. It was a bit like Michael Vaughan a few years ago who was regularly panned then put in a brilliant Quickstep from nowhere.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:13 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Yes Mark's was a pleasant surprise which makes it more enjoyable. It was a bit like Michael Vaughan a few years ago who was regularly panned then put in a brilliant Quickstep from nowhere.

Mark's cha-cha was so-so in the first week, and so I was SO surprised he had produced THAT Samba in week 5 (i.e. merely one month later). It goes to show he really did work hard and managed to apply what he learnt about the latin walks. But Samba required that double bounce, and it's fiendishly difficult to master. I never watched TOWIE and didn't really like what I read about him in those entertainment news websites, so I am really surprised he seems so affable, vulnerable and sincere in the show. Just goes to show you really can't judge the book by its cover.

I have a feeling BBC is trying to recruit ThomDoll's brother for future SCD series...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:48 pm

Jake and Jannette....Quickstep.
Jake's big problem is maintaining the standards week by week. Enjoyed this after the mandatory faffing about bit. The guy's a dancer.

Sunetra and Brendan. Vienese Waltz.

Nice mix of slow and quick choreography for a tie and tails V.W. Again, I enjoyed watching it. I’ll let Hatlady expand on my jotted comment of “nice frock”
7,7,8,8…30

Scott and Joanne….Charleston.
God loves a trier, but Scott will never make a dancer. In as much as the others seem mainly to make improvement, he just looks awful on the floor. The marks tell the tale well enough. He was just practiceing a dance-off for me.
4.5.5.5……19
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thom and Yvetta….Cha Cha.
Thom obviously enjoys his learning and although his dance was unremarkable he didn’t do too much wrong apart from being a bit stompy in places.
6.7.7.7…27.

Frankie and Kevin……Foxtrot.
Frankie dances like she looks, pretty, neat and elegant. She has lovely precise footwork and Kevin put together some nice choreography to Dancing Queen to show it off. Really enjoyable number and the marks deserved.
8.8.8.8….32.

Alison and Aljazz….Tango.

Sadly for the large lady it was very laboured, heavy and flat-footed tango. The knee-length dress she wore did her no favours at all and I think she might well be in the dance off. She’s restricted ( for me) in what she can do to compete and I think she’s about run her race. Nice lady but the competition’s fierce.
5,6.6.6….23.

Mark and Karen….Samba.

Credit where it’s due. Mark stormed back from the dance off disappointment and turned in a cracking samba. It was fast, lively and far from easy. He handled it all very well and fully deserved his marks.
8.9.8.8….33

Simon and Kristina….Vienese Waltz.

Good week last week, pretty mediocre tonight. In fairness the music was rubbish and the dance looked unhinged and a bit desperate in places. Altogether too bouncy for a V.W and I’d be tempted to say the quality wasn’t really Simon’s fault. I’d sack the person choosing the crappy music right off. The whole thing looked out of control like they were trying to dance to Flight of the Bumblebee.
7.7.7.7……28.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Housewives choice and Judy…..Charleston.

Even allowing a little for Judy’s age-(although she has terrific legs) this just highlighted the levels of skill and attainment so far by the others. She did well enough and I’ve certainly seen worse, but it was all a bit gimmicky with the row boat and paddles and the dance-off has to loom over Housewives choice’s boater. Compared to the front runners the back-markers are beginning to show. ……C raig being Ming the Merciless again.
3.5.5.5…..18..

Caroline and Pasha….Paso.

It really must be me being old-fashioned and traditional, but this was a dazzling exhibition of Burn the Floor /Ballet to music….if Live and Let die can ever be called Paso music, that is. Yes, it was great dance, brilliant in fact, but it wasn’t Paso in any of its forms for me and more so if other dancers are being judged on content.
Caroline flashing her drawers (some thing flamenco dancers rarely do) is all very entertaining but the marks were rather strange from a strict ballroom judge like L en. I accept I’ll be a majority of one, but a few heads need a shake. Caroline’s dress looked like Halloween had arrived early….sorry…..
8.9.8.9….34.

Jungle Steve and put a vest on you strumpet.

I was hoping when he tossed a coin in the fountain that was a cue for Frank Sinatra….but sadly, no. That said, an easy, uncomplicated waltz in ballroom mode, notable for its simplicity and easiness on the eye. Steve made a nice job of it and deserved his marks..
7.8.7.8….30.

Those T.T.Twins…..Samba.

“Wait a minute, it’s stopped raining, guys are swimming, guys are sailing..
Sun is shining, this is better. Mother, Father, kindly disregard this letter.”………. Wink

All that had passed before was suddenly of no consequence as the angelic ones turned in a terrific samba full of entertainment and no small skills. They totally had the magic recipe tonight and it was without a doubt the dance of the night and a fitting end to a decent show…..
8,9.9.9….35

Over to you……
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Just in.Haven't heard,seen or read anything about tonights SCD
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Excellent review, TangoL!

Here are my ten-word or less review of week 5 dances (I scored them before the judges revealed theirs) copied from another thread:

1. Jake & Janette's Quickstep - Good body contact, but a little skippy. 7

2. Sunetra & Brendan's Viennese Waltz - Classy and dynamic movements around the floor. 7.5

3. Scott & Joanne's Charleston - Heavy footed, but his best dance so far. 4

4. Thom & Iveta's Cha-Cha-Cha - A bit flat-footed, legs not straightened for cha-cha walks. 6.5

5. Frankie & Kevin's Foxtrot - Cute choreography, but no heel turns. 7.5

6. Alison & Alijaz' Tango - Out of hold too long, no tension. 6

7. Mark & Karen's Samba - Wow, double bounce and Samba rolls! 7.5

8. Simon & Kristina's Viennese Waltz - Good top-line but little too jerky for VW. 6.5

9. Judy & A.nton's Charleston - Her best dance by far. 5.5

10. Caroline & Pasha's Paso Doble - Hated the music, but excellent lines and shapes. 7.5

11. Steve and O.la's Waltz - Pivots galore (not done very well), but good footwork. 6.5

12. Pixie & Trent's Samba - Brilliant double bounce, but legs not grounded enough. 8

For the first time, I have voted. Sunetra is in the graveyard shift (second to dance), and I think she's in danger of bottom two/dance off. Mark showed a marked improvement, didn't know he could do a decent Samba! Voted for both Sunetra (two votes) and Mark (one vote).

Last edited by cellar-door on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:03 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:
Those T.T.Twins…..Samba.

Ahem, very, very sorry for doing this, but my inner pedant has been screeching for some time and can no longer be restrained (I tried, believe me - sparkly handcuffs n all....)

BUT:

"T.T" stands for Trygaren Twins. Thus there is no need to add the word "Twins" after the initials. It is superfluous. Redundant. Super-annuated.....

Sorry Embarassed

My coat is already on......

PS (My inner pedant is also concerned about my spelling of the Twinses name. I therefore apologise in advance and will administer the relevant punishment to the miscreant inner pedant if, indeed, she has slipped up)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:08 pm

Im fuming Embarassed not watched or read anything about tonights show. Them my phone buzzes a text and a friend gives me spoilt Mad  Evil or Very Mad Ruined watching show

pale
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 39 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:18 pm

i really enjoyed the show tonight - felt it was very much a 'cut down to size' week from the judges - but this is no bad thing and keeps things from getting too silly early on. Once again I found myself agreeing with a lot of what B runo had to say - (scary). I also felt that C laud and Tess are really settling into their roles and actually C laud is emerging as the lead presenter.

I'm at my Mums tomorrow night with no access to a computer - so won't be able to post after the results show - until Monday. I really hope it isn' anyone who doesn't deserve it tomorrow!

Jake and Janette - 8 (would have been 9 if not for the illegal lift)
The beginning was very Tom Chambers!! Otherwise excellent, really covered the floor well and some great step sequences. Why didn’t the judges comment on the illegal Argentine Tango lift? Boy do these two want to do an AT – seen elements in many of their dances. Felt this might have been bit undermarked as the show went on - it was a great dance.

Sunetra and Brendan – 8
B rendan choreographed a great routine to a great song and he cleverly built in a lot of breaks, as I think Sunetra found the spinning and turning very difficult. The dance also drew on Sunetra’s acting skills. Some have said that she might be in DO territory, being a midfielder – I would like to think that she would survive. The best VW out of the two that we saw tonight and classic SCD.

S cott and Joanee – 4
Children’s hour at Butlins/Haven - My assessment of it
Mr Mauveangel, who by his own admission doesn’t know much about dance, asked me if this was Charleston, as Charleston (his words) is an iconic dance…………………..

Thomdoll and Iveta – 7
Quote of the night – from B runo – ‘ a toy boy for any occasion’ bounce bounce
Not a bad effort and I liked his feet – it got better as it went along. Thought that the music was very forgettable and they could be in trouble with that. Not bad but not remarkable.

Kevin and Frankie – 8
First proper Foxtrot I have seen this season - loads of step sequences and a really good performance.

Alison and Alijaz – 5
Sorry but I have lost interest in these two and I thought that Alison’s reponse to CRH was not necessary. Too much faffing about at the beginning, as the judges pointed out - and the track seemed a bit fast for a Tango – rather a syncopated tango. Lack of precision throughout.

Mark and Karen – 9
Wow! Not been a Mark fan up until now and thought this music would be more salsa than samba but this was a 100% improvement from last week and Mark really nailed a proper samba IMO - great performance,samba steps and bounce - and best offering from Karen that I have ever seen. Well done.

Simon and Kristina – 7
Kristina danced her socks off! Head whips galore! Ok and a solid VW but Simon wasn’t really leading it – good choreography but didn’t have what I saw from Sunetra and B rendan

Judy and A nton – 5
It was recognisable as a Charleston and there were some good lifts – but those trainers!!! Ugh! Felt this was full of missed opportunities because it was a great Charleston track. Marginally better than Scott but lacklustre really.

Caroline and Pasha – 9
Despite rubbish music – everything a paso should be – not much more to say except what was that peplum on the costume??? Please give Caroline an elegant costume! This is a class partnership.

S teve and O la – 8
Really liked it – Steve has improved so much and this was a great performance and really good choreography from Mrs J – agreed again with the comment of B runo – I really hope Steve stays in. He is really good!!!!

Pixie and Trent – 9
Great music, great routine from the TT twins first time I have seen Pixie really get down and do a latin dance – excellent performance but didn’t have the bounce that Mark had for me!!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:22 pm

Now my inner pedant is off smiling and happy like a 3-year old whose parents have finally caved and given him an ice cream, I can talk about this weeks Strictly (which is after all why we are all here...)

Scott to go. Scott to go. Scott to go.

That's it really.  

I can cope with people being bad but being kept in IF they are nice, gracious, self-deprecating and don't have ideas about their abilities above their very lowly station.  I am reminded of that C raig bloke that Flavia got stuck with a few years back.  Stuck his bottom lip out so he could get to Blackpool - and always outraged and shocked by the judges comments on his not very good dancing (though compared to Scott he was a Dance God, admittedly).  But hah!  He got to Blackpool and was immediately booted off.  And then even in ITT he couldn't let it go and whinged about going off before he had time to show us what he could do (Flavia was clearly wishing the floor would open beneath her feet...)

Tim - awful dancer. But a genuine trier, not too much comedy and his ballroom one was quite passable. He had a great sense of humour about himself and a good partnership with Natalie. And when he went he was gracious in the extreme.

Judy - even more awful dancer than Tim.  But again, she's a genuine trier and her performance has improved great shakes. Her body is still stiff but she herself has loosened up a lot.  Demonstrates humour about the whole thing (she has to, let's face it, given that she is dancing with Ann Ton).  Acknowledges her weaknesses.

Scott - Terrrible, terrible dancer.  In fact, I have seen very little evidence of actual dancing. Or even steps. Has no rapport with his partner (and I'm not blaming Joanne really - despite wanting to fire her a few posts back.... Wink ), whines about training hours and hours (so why aren't you better then, Scott?  Sunetra has only 22 minutes to train (Claude told us, so it must be true), works many more hours than Scott's 3 hour radio slot, and has a child to somehow fit in - and STILL dances a whole heap better.  Imagine what she could do with the hours Scott trains?).  And he pouts and sulks. He has no humour. He is deluded. To me he behaves like a deeply unlikeable, manipulative four year old.  And I want him to go.

But he won't.

Someone who isn't deluded will go instead.  It could even be Sunetra.  And if that happens, when I am Queen, heads will roll.....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:39 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Im fuming Embarassed not watched or read anything about tonights show. Them my phone buzzes a text and a friend gives me spoilt Mad  Evil or Very Mad Ruined watching show

pale

What? Spoiler?! Don't tell! Please! Shocked
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:44 pm

I'm gonna write out my comments before reading everyone else's and then see if we felt the same!

Jake and Janette - I think it was a mistake to dance to this song, it's too closely associated with Jill's Jive. And I'm not sure it quite worked for a Quickstep anyway. But, it was still enjoyable enough and showed another facet of Jake. 7.5

Sunetra and Brendan - Gorgeous ballgown; the performance wasn't half bad either. I did think I saw improvement in Sunetra's topline (certainly comapred to Iain's training footage). What I love so much is she lives the music and I lives it with her. Sunetra brings a maturity to her performances that I admire, and it's always heartfelt without being over-sincere. I do notice her shoulders rise a bit and I do think she could have generated more power herself. But a splendid job, and a touch undermarked in my opinion. 8

Scott and Joanne - Bored now. 3

Thom and Iveta - This was neither here nor there. The choreography wasn't Iveta's finest hour and you could tell Thom hadn't really got to grips with the Cha Cha technique and the little personality he was beginning to show disappeared again. Underwhelming and overmarked. 6

Frankie and Kevin - Wanted to like this Foxtrot more than I did. I think I'd have preferred something less cutesy; it was bordering on saccharine. Maybe a more classic, old Hollywood style Foxtrot would have shown Frankie off better. I thought her topline had almost disappeared by the end of the dance too. Some nice moments though and she'll never do a bad dance as such. But her dances will have to be more memorable to win 8

Alison and Alijaz - Well I'm pleased they at least played it straight. But the Tango never really ignited in my opinion. I started to get bored waiting for the pair of them to take hold, and when they finally did, the intensity and staccato movements simply weren't there. 5

Mark and Karen - This was a big improvement for Mark, and a notoriously tough dance to master as well. Big improvement, well done him and Karen. There is a big BUT however....on what planet, Darcey, was this Samba of the same quality as Pixie's?! To award them both a 9 was ridiculous. Mark was over-Marked  Razz (protecting him maybe?) 7.5

Simon and Kristina - No this didn't work. The song felt too big for the dance, the two weren't married together. The whole thing was frantic and without flow. Disappointing as Iain spoke quite highly of their training. This music can work for a VW as Mel B demonstrated on DWTS but Simon and Kristina didn't manage it. And I dislike head rolls (?) in Ballroom dances...inelegant looking. 6

Judy and A.nton  - Can't lie, I smiled all the way through their Charleston. Judy's such a likeable lady and she's throwing herself into this and slowly beginning to "perform". 5.5

Caroline and Pasha - Fantastic choreography by Pasha done justice by Caroline who performed with conviction and fire. I get the comments about more shaping but this was very good indeed. I think it benefited from being the only Paso of the night, it was so different to the other dances, really stood out. 8.5

Steve and O.la - Given he's from a completely different world, Steve's acquitting himself really well. Was lovely to see a more tender side to him. Lovely guy, lovely Waltz. 8

Pixie and Trent - This Samba exceeded my expectations. It was vibrant and danced with energy and exuberance (without losing the precision of the moves). It was the first time I felt one of Pixie's performances. Loved it. Trent is proving to be a very good choreographer and comes across well. I want him to stay. 9

All my votes went to Sunetra and Brendan.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next