Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strictly Come Dancing Rumour Mill For 2014

+6
Sid
jingle
cellar-door
B4p
saxonsiren
CaledonianCraig
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Strictly Come Dancing Rumour Mill For 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Strictly Come Dancing Rumour Mill For 2014

Post  Sid Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:06 pm

Hi all!

Is it me or does Strictly seem to come round quicker every year?

Anyway, hope everyone's well, and is looking forward to it Smile

I didn't want to start on a negative but on paper this is one of the least exciting line ups I've seen! Or maybe it's just harder to generate the same degree of excitement with each series as the show's been going for 10 years now. A couple of the names (Alison Hammond and Simon from Blue) seem to be on the reality show merry-go-round; rather predictable choices. And the TOWIE wannabe isn't my cup of tea at all (but I can see him charming the viewers and is my tip to win). Sunetra, Steve, Jake, Judy and Thom are probably the ones I'm looking forward to. Maybe Pixie Lott as well (though I'm not very familiar with her).

But I'll keep an open-ish mind. We shall see!

Pleased to be back here though, it's like a cosy winter escape (he says, noticing it's still August!)
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Strictly Come Dancing Rumour Mill For 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Strictly Come Dancing Rumour Mill For 2014

Post  B4p Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi Sid
Welcome back.
I guess they'll be a 2-3 week break in between the launch show and the first real week of the season?
Question - didn't Simon Webbe do the Christmas special a couple of years ago? Will he have to sit out for one week?

I had to smile at the Beeb web blog. At least 3 are 'never going to watch' again! Why? Because Claude and Tess are presenting. At least one said that ballerrom dance is between a woman and a man. God help us all if they get so twitchy about same sex presenters. It never seemed to bother the old comedy pairs.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:21 pm

B4p wrote:Hi Sid
Welcome back.
I guess they'll be a 2-3 week break in between the launch show and the first real week of the season?
Question - didn't Simon Webbe do the Christmas special a couple of years ago? Will he have to sit out for one week?

I had to smile at the Beeb web blog. At least 3 are 'never going to watch' again! Why? Because Claude and Tess are presenting. At least one said that ballerrom dance is between a woman and a man. God help us all if they get so twitchy about same sex presenters. It never seemed to bother the old comedy pairs.        

Hiya B4 - and cheers Smile

Yes there's usually at least 3 weeks between the launch and week one, and Simon (if past contestants who took part in the Xmas Special are anything to go by) should get 1 less week of training just to stop people crying "unfair!" and coming up with conspiracies!

I meant to say in my previous post that one thing I'm VERY happy about is T.ess and Claud teaming up. I felt they worked really well together in the past and I think it's great that two women are fronting a Saturday night prime time show (can you imagine how those complaining would have reacted to a same-sex Strictly couple, which was rumoured in the past and happening in other countries? Their heads would explode!).

Hope the writing's going well....what sort of genre will it be?
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:39 pm

Sid wrote:what sort of genre will it be?
Early days. Doing a few warm up exercises. When I've learnt what a genre is I'll let you know...
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:44 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Judy Murray looks a bit like actress Hermione Norris and Alison Flack like Gabby Logan?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:21 pm

B4p wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else think that Judy Murray looks a bit like actress Hermione Norris and Alison Flack like Gabby Logan?

Hmm not seeing the resemblance myself B4 but (off-topic) I'm really enjoying Hermione Norris at the moment in Kay Mellor's drama In The Club, she has me in stitches!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:42 pm

Hello all. Hope you've all been well and hearty and any tan you've acquired over summer is from our good British rays and not spray bottles of pressurised Lucozade...(fat chance).Laughing  

So it's Strictly come Voting time again. No use worrying about the winners of course, they're unimportant, but at least we should get some dancing to watch. Pixie sell-a-Lott (of records) will probably bring a legion of fans who haven't been near dance since they skipped around a Maypole as five-year olds, but its a popularity contest as we all now know and (somewhat unwillingly) admit. Scottish independence will sway alarmingly in favour of itself Mrs Murray should win and if she does, she'll be as Scottish as Andy is when he wins. (He's British if he loses of course) Wink

Not being the world's greatest T.V. fan, I have the distinct advantage of not knowing any of the twerkers from Adam (or Eve), so favouritism's as out as Erin Boag ,James Jordan and the Mambo. One can but pray that some class dancing emerges as opposed to acrobatics and synchronised weightlifting. We can but hope. On with it then, take your partners for a Llambada..cheers
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Hi Tango

Just returned from the Dark Side (DS). Struth those folks get so uptight.

The latest posts give every variation known to man, over who will be paired with whom depending on anything from
temperament "her personality will really suit his because..."
to athletic ability "this one will go faster than that one because..."  
previous experience "he/she has danced before therefor......"
and last but not least "height" . Well we know where that one got Lulu/Bren dan and that Bond actor who had to put up with staring down his nose to keep track of Kristina's head, without moving his neck (ok for Halloween/Zombie time but a bit rough otherwise)

Then the tales of pistols at dawn between certain celebs (all made up I'm sure).

Who's already favourite (based on what?)

There's even a spoiler thread for the launch show filmed tomorrow (which I won't be mentioning again) I will wait for the Sunday launch show along with the rest of the nation.

There's lots of snippets coming out about the celebs in various papers. Critical info like the Mrs Brown's missus 'already used to wearing fake tan' scandal or that Steve Backshall has a gold Blue Peter Badge and also a black belt in Judo.

Lots of comments that O  la may have a more 'challenging partner' this year and will exit early - possibly into the Jordan sunset.

Others hoping An ton will get a young firecracker and win the Glitterball (but will he cope against all the younger Pros? Better stock up on the Ventolin An ton)

Some hope that Iveta gets her chance to shine.

Tango - by-the-by, as a big E rin fan, have you heard if she had the baby yet? It was due around now wasn't it? I notice Lillia & Darren are also expecting.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:34 pm

Hi B4p. Yes, Erin had her dance child about three months ago, I think. Here's a link..: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/strictly-come-dancing-star-erin-3568023

A boy, child and he'll probably have mastered most of the ballroom disciplines by now I reckon. The next Fred Astaire possibly, unless he goes all Nureyev/Billy Elliot and swaps tap shoes for ballet pumps. Either way, I doubt hell he grow up to be a train driver or an Asda shelf-stacker. Hope Erin doesn't give up dance anyway.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:39 pm

Hola Mr T! I trust Mrs T is well?

I won't miss J.ames Jordan. Although I've not been watching, my Twitter timeline has been full of scathing for him during his time on Big Brother. He's coming across as really rather unpleasant on there. I always found him a bit arrogant and boorish on Strictly if I'm honest, and didn't rate his choreography that highly. I like the look and sound of new boys Trent and Tristan Smile

Strictly red carpet pics look great! Quite excited now to see who they pair together.

B4 - DS can be INTENSE.

Guess I'll have to replace my Sophie & B.rendan photo soon Sad
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:19 pm

Sid wrote:Hola Mr T! I trust Mrs T is well?

I won't miss J.ames Jordan. Although I've not been watching, my Twitter timeline has been full of scathing for him during his time on Big Brother. He's coming across as really rather unpleasant on there. I always found him a bit arrogant and boorish on Strictly if I'm honest, and didn't rate his choreography that highly. I like the look and sound of new boys Trent and Tristan Smile

Strictly red carpet pics look great! Quite excited now to see who they pair together.

B4 - DS can be INTENSE.

Guess I'll have to replace my Sophie & B.rendan photo soon Sad

Hi Sid. Nice to see you back. Mr's T is fine thanks. Got mixed feelings about J.J. He could be a fine and patient teacher and is a good dancer, but there's a lot of "laddishness", ie, "I can do more ush-ups than you..etc" about him as if that matters. Anyway, he's not competing so we'll press on without him. Getting very close to showtime now. cheers
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:40 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Hi B4p. Yes, Erin had her dance child about three months ago, I think. Here's a link..: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/strictly-come-dancing-star-erin-3568023 Hope Erin doesn't give up dance anyway.
Thanks for the link Tango, he looks a handsome little fellow.  I'm sure I read that An ton & Erin have some shows booked for Jan 2015
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:57 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Got mixed feelings about J.J. He could be a fine and patient teacher and is a good dancer, but there's a lot of "laddishness", ie, "I can do more ush-ups than you..etc" about him as if that matters.

Yeah, banter! (I hate 'banter' and it's cousin 'bantz' even more!).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:51 pm

Just been watching some youtube clips of the 3 new Pro dancers. One word -

cheers WOW cheers
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Really looking forward to the launch show on Sunday.  I know very little about any of the contestants this year - so no pre-show favourites.  I'll just wait and see the dancing Very Happy
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:15 pm

Wonder if Alyson will jump on another table and break it?
Will Greg date and marry another fan?
Why did we bother inviting Mark Wright!? He did the jungle.
Not sure about Thom yet.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:11 pm

Well, it's here at last. Very Happy

A great advantage for me in knowing almost no one in the show. I've seen the antiques guy but can't see him breaking any Ming vases. Mrs Wayne Bridge has the look of a dancer, but others before her have done that and disappointed. Won't matter anyway in the great popularity game, dance won't have that much to do with it all. Months without it though makes me glad it's back. I'd probably sooner have seen (Mrs) Brown than his wife, that would have been something else. Take your partners for a Riverdance.

Will contestant 100 leave the floor please.... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Not sure about Greg or Judy Murray! Maybe Mrs Brown will turn up in training sessions?
I had expected to see Paul oh im so handsome bake off man this year! Would have loved Mel or Sue from bake off
Instead.
Usual Eastender,sports star,chef etc except this year we seem to have forgtten the comedy man/woman act? No Widdy? No Grant?No Hairy biker,sargent?
What's happened?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Strictly Come Dancing Rumour Mill For 2014 - Page 2 Empty RE: Strictly Come Dancing Rumour Mill 2014

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:04 am

Hi Sax and all!

You mention about the 'comedy element' I was thinking the same thing actually - I hope someone will take up the mantle? Can't see anyone who naturally slots into this role and there isn't really a 'femme fatale mature siren' this year - an 'A' list one I mean - (or former 'A' lister even). It's not Mrs Murray - interesting as she is, she is more in the Deborah Meaden camp to me.

Sid - Please consider not changing your profile photo for a bit - B rendan and S ophie were one of the best SCD partnerships of all time in my book!

I'm going to miss Robin Windsor this year - James less so- I never liked his choreography and he often annoyed me but he was a character and I think it is always a shame when a 'real' pro partnership breaks up on SCD - Erin and A nton and now O la and James - I'm surprised that they didn't both go. I will also miss A rtem - again, not one of my personal favourites and quite annoying and indulgent at times, but he brought something very different to SCD - looking forward what this year's new pros will bring to the party!!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:08 pm

A mixed line-up this year and I always categorize their chances at the start of each series.

For me the strong contenders will be Pixie Lott, Thom Evans andthe other two pop stars whose names escape me.

Potential dark horses could be the DJ's, Jake from EastEnders and the Casualty actress whose name escapes me.

Perhaps safe for the first few weeks will be Judy, and Masterchef and Wildlife presenters (names again allude me).

Those that are favourites to bomb out early doors are Tim and the This Morning presenter.

Sorry I was so later posting up this year but my life has been mega hectic in the last few weeks as have a new job and moved from Edinburgh to London. Should be, hopefully, a cracking series and I know I will enjoy it.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Strictly Come Dancing Rumour Mill For 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Strictly Come Dancing Rumour Mill 2014

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:57 am

Hi CC

Hope you are well and welcome to London.

Roll on 26/27 September and the start of the series!!!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:59 am

Thanks mauve. It will take me time to settle but here is to a great series ahead. bounce
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:57 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Sid - Please consider not changing your profile photo for a bit -   B rendan and S ophie were one of the best SCD partnerships of all time in my book!

Thanks mauve, I'm going to keep it for as long as I can! Still hurts a bit when I think back to last year's final and Sophie & B.rendan were knocked out first and unable to reprise their Charleston Sad Hope there are no such injustices this year!

Hi CC, hope London treats you well. And an historic moment for Scotland next week - whatever the outcome, I wish the Scots well Smile (the rebel in me kinda wants them to vote Yes just to see how Westminster would react!).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi Sid, nice to speak to you again! As for 'the historic moment' - I have already posted my vote so now just have to wait and see. However, whatever happens, almost half of the country is going to be very upset by the result. I am also going to take a leaf out of Andy Murray's book and not say what I want to happen - just causes too much aggravation!!!!
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:04 pm

lualen wrote:Hi Sid, nice to speak to you again! As for 'the historic moment' - I have already posted my vote so now just have to wait and see. However, whatever happens, almost half of the country is going to be very upset by the result. I am also going to take a leaf out of Andy Murray's book and not say what I want to happen - just causes too much aggravation!!!!

Hey lu, from what my handful of Scottish friends tell me, it does seem to be getting quite heated and I worry about the rifts that are forming and may well worsen after the vote. I think a lot of people are nervous about raising their heads above the parapet for fear of the response they'll get. Makes the vote fascinating for observers though - which way will people go in the privacy of voting booths? My inkling is "No", the polls are very close too!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2