Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show

+12
mauveangel09
saxonsiren
lualen
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
allsewnonbyhand
Wallflower
diamondsandpearls
TANGOLERO
fiftynotout
B4p
hatlady28
16 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show Empty SCD 2014 Main & Result Show

Post  cellar-door Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:06 pm

Wow, I am really liking the opening week of Strictly 2014!

I feel vindicated now that Jake appeared to be really good with his hips. But what surprised me was that he was very promising with his ballroom hold in his tango! Pixie I was expecting her to do well in her jive and I was a little surprised she scored less than Jake, who's top of the leaderboard on the first week first night! I still think Jake tends to stick his butt out and this is not so good in ballroom (or perhaps he just has a perky bum?)...

Scott, as I predicted, looked out of place, and Tim was predictably bad in his cha-cha. But I was surprised Judy looked so inelegant. I am really thinking that A.nton is not really a very good teacher. He normally could carry mediocre celeb dance partner through with the ballroom but he was struggling with Judy. And their training footage showed that Judy was very friendly and quite cooperative with him! Wonder what's wrong with the end result we saw tonight.

What do you folks think of tonight's show?

cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show Empty Re: SCD 2014 Main & Result Show

Post  hatlady28 Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:14 pm

Small costume note. Pixie and Trent were doing 1960's.....shift dress hairdo etc. WHY ON EARTH was she wearing very high 1930s/40s shoes. The 1960s were known for flat and low-heeled shoes. Her jive was damaged by shoe choice.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:17 pm

Something was missing about tonights show! A male presenter with Tess/C.laudia.
I missed B.rucie a lot. Now after my OH kept repeating 'Omg what has she done?' " Her hair? Whats's wrong with it?" All through the show and he is never vocal during SCD! Oh C.laudia my darling you looked quite ill and the dress oh that pink made you look washed out!
Usual mix of ooh could be good to the omg has it ended yet? Loved A.nton in the kilt thou
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show Empty Re: SCD Main and Result Show

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:27 pm

Hi all

Enjoyed the show - I've just posted on 'Little bit of Honesty' thread so don't want to re-post it here - but Caroline and Pasha were the stand-out couple for me. Big surprise that Pixie was not such a good dancer as I thought she might be. Jake also carried off his dance well. Thought that Judy Murray was nice and natural - bit of a breath of fresh air for SCD- shame that she does not have much natural rhythm but I didn't think she was any worse than some of the other partners that A nton has steered through in past years.

C laud didn't look right really - hope that K ristina and I veta's partners are going to have a bit of personality to go with the looks - particularly the one with I veta who looks shell shocked.

Thought that some of the short skater style skirts worn by a couple of celebs were not flattering but thought Caroline carried off her dress well.

Bring on tomorrow bounce

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:36 pm

I missed hearing Tommy Blaize, he's my favourite singer although I don't mind Lance.

Caroline was the big surprise for me. I thought she did brilliantly. Out first, a proper Cha-Cha, natural rhythm and really going for it. I think they look a promising couple.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:52 am

Caroline and Pasha the couple of the night for me followed by Jake!
Looking forward to Alison and Steve tonight.
C.laudia please look you tonight@
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:38 am

saxonsiren wrote:Caroline and Pasha the couple of the night for me followed by Jake!
Looking forward to Alison and Steve tonight.
C.laudia please look you tonight@

You know what, shame on me for forgetting Caroline and Pasha! They were the first to dance, and after watching their cha cha again, they were scintillating. Yes, that gold curtains hid a multitude of sins, but what little cha-cha hip movements Caroline did it was good enough for the first dance. I'm quite sure she'll improve.

I am sensing Greg is not going to do well, as A.liona seemed quite passive aggressive with him in the little footage I saw in the main show last night.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show Empty RE: SCD Main and Result Show

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:59 am

Yes - it will be interesting to see how G reg gets on tonight as there has been a lot of pre- show comment/speculation about him and his working relationship with A liona - to be honest he seems like an ok guy to me - A liona didn't seem to want to be with him right from the launch show? I wonder what was behind that one? except for usual disappointment at not being with a young fit guy - We all noticed that reaction didn't we? Makes you think? Question Had he been rude to her? Who knows?

More or less all of the male pros have to take their turn with the more mature lady celebs - but some of the female pros don't seem to take it with such good grace. A liona should take a leaf out of Nathalie's book and also remember that it was only on account of Nathalie's injury last year that she managed to keep her place in SCD at all!!!! Sorry if that sounds mean - I do acknowledge her talent.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:37 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Yes - it will be interesting to see how G reg gets on tonight as there has been a lot of pre- show comment/speculation about him and his working relationship with A liona - to be honest he seems like an ok guy to me - A liona didn't seem to want to be with him right from the launch show?   I wonder what was behind that one? except for usual disappointment at not being with a young fit guy -  We all noticed that reaction didn't we?    Makes you think? Question   Had he been rude to her?  Who knows?

More or less all of the male pros have to take their turn with the more mature lady celebs - but some of the female pros don't seem to take it with such good grace.  A liona should take a leaf out of Nathalie's book and also remember that it was only on account of Nathalie's injury last year that she managed to keep her place in SCD at all!!!!        Sorry if that sounds mean - I do acknowledge her talent.

Couldn't agree more! I think A.liona should realise that she had a good run with Matt Baker and Harry Judd. And it's true that she was the direct beneficiery of Natalie's no-show due to her untimely injury. But maybe, just maybe, Greg was like Dom (remember him with L.ilia?), but I certainly hope NOT.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:57 pm

Yes I know exactly what you mean CD - we can never really know what people are truly like 'off camera' - the bits that they don't show us! Very Happy oh to be a fly on the wall.............. but also fascinating to see which partnerships gel and which don't .

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:29 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:it will be interesting to see how G reg gets on tonight as there has been a lot of pre- show comment/speculation about him and his working relationship with A liona .... I wonder what was behind that one? Makes you think?
I don't know, but the paper's and his ex have him down as a ladies man. Maybe there's a 'Dominic Little vibe' as when Dom was teamed with Lilliah?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:40 pm

I'll miss the show tonight taking madam back to Uni. Hopefully the recorder will work and I'll catch up in the morning.

Robin, Karen & James were making comments and tweeting along with each couple last night which was very entertaining. They made a good Ghost Judge Panel.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Second night has more good dances. Greg was excruciatingly bad. Surprised he was scored higher than Scott.

I was expecting Frankie to be good, but not THAT good in her first dance. The Blue Boy's jacket was blindingly red and I was quite distracted by it. Maybe I have to watch it back later when it appears on iplayer.

I hated O la's choreography, what on earth was she thinking making Steve wear a latin outfit (and with her that Paso Doble dress) when they were doing tango? And she threw quite a bit of Paso moves in it too. This is not a showdance, darhling! So sad for Steve, her hayneyed pivots and other formulaic sequence was for all to see. Salsa next week? Knee slides alert boys and girls! Rolling Eyes

And that Thom hunk. Yes, he's distractingly good looking. But he's a walking Ken doll isn't he? Personality free. Maybe that's his way of hiding his fear? I really hope he opens up a little. His waltz was quite promising, but I think Iveta was too intend to make him perfect his dance that he became quite stilted in it.

Just to add, the opening pro dance routine was quite innovative, using pre-recorded sequence on the white screen, and then a medley of ballroom and latin dances. Nice, really nice.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:00 am

cellar-door wrote:And that Thom hunk. Yes, he's distractingly good looking. But he's a walking Ken doll isn't he? Personality free.
lol! You made I laugh! Must confess it had crossed my mind too
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:27 am

I think Ken has a personality thou!!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:52 pm

Ken Doll!!! lol!

Really enjoyed the first weekend - and all the reviews and posts. Although some of the contestants are not so well known as they have been on some years they all seem a committed bunch and I liked a lot of them - more than what I thought I would. - too early for me personally to make any judgments, I think they all made a good stab at what they were given and I think that we always get a much better idea after the first two weeks - I sincerely hope that they will rotate the dances properly and that no-one gets away with doing two latin or two ballroom. I felt there was lots of obviously strategic dance choices this weekend - some wanting to get a dodgy dance out of the way on the first non-voting weekend and others choosing a dance that would likely suit their celeb to get them up the leaderboard on the first weekend - so can't wait for next week, 6 days to learn the second dance always sorts out the 'men from the boys' then it's over to the fan bases for the first votes!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:20 pm

The reason why some of us think Ken Doll (the real toy) has personality is likely because of Toy Story 3. Very Happy

Thom is too 'blank'. He looked like he's turned up for job interview as a funeral director (albeit a very, VERY handsome one), told to step beyond a curtain and out he came into the screeming SCD crowd...

Or maybe he's actually a life-sized battery-operated robot. Maybe if they get a firmware update, and what the designers of ThomDoll(tm) could do is to write a personality that mimic a real-life person. Say, George Clooney? Or Hugh Jackman? What about Fassbender? Definitely don't get inspiration from John Borrowman! Shocked  

I don't think the celebs are given only six days to do their week two dances. I believe since they know they don't have phone voting on the first week, all the pros are teaching the celebs TWO dances to start with.

Here's guessing the second week we'll see rumba, salsa and quickstep. Maybe more jives too?

Oh, I watched Simon's dance again on iplayer, and his red costume really distracted me. But I have to say he has a lot of potential. Though, quite opposite to The life-sized ThomDoll(tm), Simon appeared too cocky and competitive, and it felt like he thought he deserved more than he's scored for his jive.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:32 pm

cellar-door wrote:
Thom is too 'blank'. He looked like he's turned up for job interview as a funeral director (albeit a very, VERY handsome one), told to step beyond a curtain and out he came into the screeming SCD crowd...

I don't think the celebs are given only six days to do their week two dances. I believe since they know they don't have phone voting on the first week, all the pros are teaching the celebs TWO dances to start with.

Here's guessing the second week we'll see rumba, salsa and quickstep. Maybe more jives too?

Oh, I watched Simon's dance again on iplayer, and his red costume really distracted me. But I have to say he has a lot of potential. Though, quite opposite to The Real-life Ken Doll, Simon appeared too cocky and competitive, and it felt like he thought he deserved more than he's scored for his jive.

job interview as a funeral director! lol! I love it!

You are probably right about them teaching the two dances - I just hope they make sure that everyone has to have done a ballroom and a latin in the first two weeks. I thought that Simon was a bit cocky in the run up to the show but didn't see it last night - have to see how he pans out.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:03 am

Mauve lol you took the words out of my mouth! Simon a little too cocky! As for Thom impersonating nice but dim Tim! I wonder if his trying to go for the smouldering quiet pout like Mrs Becks? Unfortunately his coming across as a blank cod fish.
Ive googled him and it appears its his way!
I agree they must know their second dance three weeks before
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:11 am

saxonsiren wrote:Mauve lol you took the words out of my mouth! Simon a little too cocky! As for Thom impersonating nice but dim Tim! I wonder if his trying to go for the smouldering quiet pout like Mrs Becks? Unfortunately his coming across as a blank cod fish.
Ive googled him and it appears its his way!
I agree they must know their second dance three weeks before

When TomDoll said he modelled and didn't mind wearing sequins in the VT, I started googling his name, and boy, he wasn't SHY in that sense at all. But all the more I think he's a robot. He's physically perfect, but he's just 'blank' in the personality department. By the way, is he Scottish like Judy?
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:27 am

Yes TomDoll (love the nickname) is Scottish! Ive seen the online photo's and his not shy re posing! Maybe when he appears on ITT he may win us over with his personality
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:54 am

Is Thom supposed to be good-looking then? His staring eyes reminded me of a rabbit caught in the headlights. I like men who smile with their eyes but he didn't even smile with his mouth.

Mark is all false smile.

Steve is too muscly.

Jake is surprisingly good but, being a redhead myself, I don't go for his look.

Simon is too earnest.

Gregg was way too camp.

Tim too full of mis-placed confidence.

Which leaves Scott who I thought came across as a really nice guy but sadly has two left feet.

Don't think the girls will get much competition from this lot!

fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:37 pm

Thom doesn't even do it for me physically, he's almost too perfect looking. I prefer them more rough and rugged - like Jake Wink

Agree with you fifty *waves* - not into overly muscular men either and Steve's a bit heavy duty in that department! I'll take Tristan and his stringy legs Very Happy

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:14 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Yes TomDoll (love the nickname) is Scottish! Ive seen the online photo's and his not shy re posing! Maybe when he appears on ITT he may win us over with his personality

I sincerely hope Iveta doesn't make ThomDoll recycle A.nton's kilt later in the show! Argh...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:04 pm

pale omg not a good thought however I just had the vison of Thomdoll in Judy's dress and looked quite ok! Ewww help
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next